• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullah88

Yep, I'll knock the game for that. Once you unlock cars with your club, they need to stay unlocked.
They Did It That Way So People Will Not Club hop, Meaning Join A Club With ALL THE Cars Unlocked, Unlock them them leave that club.

Sorry about the caos, my phone is acting up

They Did It That Way So People Will Not Club hop, Meaning Join A Club With ALL THE Cars Unlocked, Unlock them them leave that club.

What then happens if the leader of a club disbands it or everyone else leaves. Are you left with no cars then. If so that is extremely bad game design.

Vodh

I'm gonna plug my club here too, because why the hell not: If anyone from EU is looking for one, come and join GAF Skeltal. It's set to 'open' so no need for pesky invites.

Omg turned on the game and got online first try...I love this game! Probably the most addicted to a game ive been on PS4 since I got it.

EDIT: NVM getting connection errors evey time the lobby syncs..EVO PLEASE, let me play this amazing game online!

I'm gonna plug my club here too, because why the hell not: If anyone from EU is looking for one, come and join GAF Skeltal. It's set to 'open' so no need for pesky invites.

I'd join ya if I could connect for 30 seconds. I haven't even had the chance to connect for the first time! I wonder what it feels like...

anyone got an open club I can join? interior of British Columbia if that matters at all

Yeah. Just made one. Sending out a few invites.

Club name is:

Mach786

I love this game so I'll be heavily active in the club. Please join if you're interested. PM your PSN gamertag to anyone who can't find it. But all you have to do is club search Mach786 and it should be there.

23qwerty

Yeah. Just made one. Sending out a few invites.

Club name is:

Mach786

I love this game so I'll be heavily active in the club. Please join if you're interested. PM your PSN gamertag to anyone who can't find it. But all you have to do is club search Mach786 and it should be there.
joined it!

Cock of War

This game is strangely addictive, especially when the online works :)
I made a club called Driver Down, feel free to join.
PSN id is LastNinja.

Hopefully see you all online soon.

dano1

A Sheep

I have no problem with this. I prefer to earn my cars.
Maybe make it mandatory to be in a club 30 days and then they unlock for good.

Who cares about online? They'll fix it when they fix it and SP is enough to last.............. FOREVER

No, it isn't, but would be much improved by simply showing global leaderboards, which are not really an "online" function as almost every single game including flappy bird has them.

At this point the broken online is also breaking an important chunk of the offline game: cars that are locked because you can't join or make a club, leaderboards that don't show so you don't know how much you suck, and trophies that can't be attained because you can't accept or issue challenges.

Atedos

If any of you guys (EU) want some Deus Ex themed club, search for Human Defiance, 3 slots left.

just sayn' =))

f3eaySi.jpg

e166iKl.jpg

Moozo

Finally did the Venom hot lap. Ridiculously challenging. Looking at the leaderboards only about 500 people in the world have done it.

Welp, glad to see that there is already cheaters in this game.

Just did the Spyker Drift challenge and the top target is 4,294,967,295.

Anyway, game is awesome. Today is the first day that the connection has held solid for me long enough to really put in some time.

I just want a clean race online...

Never gonna happen..lol. Unless they make a private event settings where you race against other clubs that pride themselves on doing that.

I've done about 20 races online, and there's always ONE person each race who loves to ram into others cars while they're all carefully navigating a turn..lol. Plus the roads are too narrow, but that adds to the challenge of getting ahead of the pack ;)

Codeblew

Welp, glad to see that there is already cheaters in this game.

Just did the Spyker Drift challenge and the top target is 4,294,967,295.

Anyway, game is awesome. Today is the first day that the connection has held solid for me long enough to really put in some time.

I think that is just a bug. By the way, that is the max value in an unsigned 32 bit integer.

QaaQer

Was playing with my T80 wheel and kept losing, practice some more, lose some more...

Then I tested the fully depressed accelerator comparing it to full acceleration with the ds4. The fully depressed t80 pedal would not register 100% open throttle, so my max speeds with wheel were 5-7% lower than with ds4.

But I can't go back to playing with ds4 after a wheel, I just can't. Since I'm not buying another POS Thrustmaster product & Sony only allows Thrusmaster wheels, I guess this the end of my Driveclub experience & PS4 racing in general. Goddamnit Sony.

The upside is that I really want to race again, I think I've been bitten. Fanatec has a cool system coming up where you buy a servo base, and then you can add wheels onto it. I'm looking forward to playing some racing games in the future on pc/x1 with one of those. I wish I had an invite though for the first wave of sales of the v2 wheelbase.

boon

Was playing with my T80 wheel and kept losing, practice some more, lose some more...

Then I tested the fully depressed accelerator comparing it to full acceleration with the ds4. The fully depressed t80 pedal would not register 100% open throttle, so my max speeds with wheel were 5-7% lower than with ds4.

But I can't go back to playing with ds4 after a wheel, I just can't. Since I'm not buying another POS Thrustmaster product & Sony only allows Thrusmaster wheels, I guess this the end of my Driveclub experience & PS4 racing in general. Goddamnit Sony.

The upside is that I really want to race again, I think I've been bitten. Fanatec has a cool system coming up where you buy a servo base, and then you can add wheels onto it. I'm looking forward to playing some racing games in the future on pc/x1 with one of those. I wish I had an invite though for the first wave of sales of the v2 wheelbase.

Perhaps exchanging the faulty wheel is an alternative? This is the first I've heard of that problem.

lemmykoopa

Was able to finally join the club invite from my team mates tonight and didn't get one disconnect. Even the leaderboards worked! And there is a new patch coming tomorrow so its definitely heading the right way.

cackhyena

Is there a YouTube channel of a good DC driver who uses cockpit only...or primarily? I'm jonesing for more since I'm still waiting for the free version to see how I like it.

hawk2025

I would try to exchange the wheel first, no?

florin3k3

Yep. Almost spent an hour on it! Was stuck at 6,600 for 20 attempts or so (6,700 was the final star). And then boom, it all came together.

Oh man! Getting a drift right from start to finish is absolutely orgasmic! So satisfying!

I spent well over an hour one night on this one(didnt mind one bit). Would sometimes get over 2000 in one corner only to mess up badly on next :)) The following day I fired the game up on my lunch break thinking how funny it would be if I got it on my first try. Sure enough, I got like 6,750 on first attempt. Felt so good.

I've found that manual is the way to go in drifting ( as well as the races). Downshift to get that extra power as it's finishing its slide or if you overshoot a corner a bit.
That and trying different cameras

I'm actually online? Wat? Just did my first online race too. Surprisingly no one touched me, but that might be due to the fact that some of them were stuttering in and out of existence at the beginning of the race. Got in second place with minimal effort since everyone else behind was busy crashing into each other. The guy in front had a huge lead and I'm not entirely sure how. Never caught up to him either.

Now if I could just have an active club so I could start earning frame. Anyone who can get online want to join my club? It's called Karma Police. I promised 2 people spots, so I have 2 open.

Abandoning an entire platform is a faster, more effective solution.

Yeah agreed. lol. I have a Gran Turimso Edition Logitech so I'm kinda pissed a Sony project would support those G25/27's. Then again Logitech stopped production on wheels so I see why it's not a priority. Still I don't wanna spend $400 on a Thrustmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom