• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt they will downsize, this is nowhere near as bad an experience as Motorstorm Apoc was for them where the game came out at the worst possible time and bombed in sales. Driveclub seems to be selling pretty well and they aren't a huge studio anyway.

They really need to let people form clubs on their own. And earn xp towards it. This is getting crazy. I'm going to hold off on this for the time being. It's too much.
You can make your own clubs can't you?
When I joined my club it only had one other player and he had already leveled it up a few spots.

What then happens if the leader of a club disbands it or everyone else leaves. Are you left with no cars then. If so that is extremely bad game design.

The leader can make anyone else in the club a leader if need be.

Sounds like the club locked cars will be patched so once you unlock them, they are unlocked even if the game goes offline/club is disbanded.

chualie

Just bought the game based on GAF consensus and the videos posted here and I'm glad I enjoy the game haha.

The driving is fun as hell. I suck though and just run into cars :)

Time for me to find a club now.

poros1ty

Finally beat the venom hot lap time, took me like an hour. Just barely squeaked by at 1:15:952 or so. Even after beating it, I still wanted to keep trying to beat it :D game is addicting.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Nice! And yeah, I like it too... it was closest I could get to the 1,000,000K badge from PGR4 ;)

Since the Club stuff is working now I will be contributing a few points. Have held off doing the last Championship in Tier 2 specifically cos I wanted the Club points. Means I can start a whole batch of new races in Tier 3 as well.

Strange. In a championship of 2 races I finished first in one and second in the other but somehow didnt get first place in the champoinship..

Booted up and everything is working online except challenges. Looks that they are making strides on the servers.
Yep. Being in a club with some leaderboard times and ghosts to beat definitely raises the game up several notches. Challenges will really kick things into gear. Hopefully that's coming real soon.

btkadams

Many of you are talking like the servers are actually working or something. Did things improve in the last few hours since I played again with no server connection?

kyser73

Yep. Being in a club with some leaderboard times and ghosts to beat definitely raises the game up several notches. Challenges will really kick things into gear. Hopefully that's coming real soon.

Even seeing the leaderboards got me fired up during my run through the amateur class last night.

I'm utterly shite at drifting tho. Got 2 stars on the BMW1 series, and 1 on the Spyker, which every says is 'really easy' to drift in.

I did manage to score a single 2300 point drift in the Lotus in one race :) Shame it wasn't actually a drift challenge...

Many of you are talking like the servers are actually working or something. Did things improve in the last few hours since I played again with no server connection?

I just got up in the middle of the night 3am UK and the servers were fine. A few events failed to load into the lobbies but I had several matches that were fine. Leader boards were working and social hub too.

I can't bring myself to move on from bumper cam. It just looks too good.

Also, I begin to suck ass the more "sim" variables get thrown in :)

Jamesways

Since the Club stuff is working now I will be contributing a few points. Have held off doing the last Championship in Tier 2 specifically cos I wanted the Club points. Means I can start a whole batch of new races in Tier 3 as well.

And since you've joined even when you're offline anything you do will sync up and contribute.

dano1

A Sheep
I can't bring myself to move on from bumper cam. It just looks too good.

Also, I begin to suck ass the more "sim" variables get thrown in :)
I really want to race with one of the inside views but I keep going back to the bumper cam. Top of the dash cam seems ok.

Shadybiz

I really want to race with one of the inside views but I keep going back to the bumper cam. Top of the dash cam seems ok.

Yeah I have been leaning towards the bonnet cam myself. Sense of speed is great, and the visuals don't suffer like they do inside the cockpit (to me, anyway).

Was just on; servers are working for clubs, but I just wanted to run a few events for the club, so I didn't attempt multiplayer. The option was lit up, but I don't know if that means it was working.

Sorry for digging this one up but I just went back a few pages and felt the need to reply.

There's really no point in live club challenges unless it's a club vs club race. Timetrials or drift are, by design, not meant to be tackled live. And it wouldn't make sense for one club to challenge another random club since they would have no idea about that club's availability. Private lobbies are where people would go for coordinated races. Until that's ready, matchmaking is what we have.

The only thing the game would need is a multiplayer mode set up by Evo themselves into which only logged in clubs can enter. The races would play out like the Team Races and you and your club members would simply get pitched against a random club. It's party vs. party, basically. To ensure that there are always enough same sized clubs ready to compete with Evo would maybe need to make it a weekend only thing but this would not only make it something special for players but also benefit the game as a whole as players would be given an additional incentive to keep on coming back.

those club logos are pretty ugly

I am happy to be in a club but man those thing stick out on your favorite color

give us options to race with the color we want without the club logos

Nafai1123

Banned
Cumulative time I guess - I'm pretty sure at some point this happens in racing if points and number of wins doesn't produce a clear winner.

Yeah that's what I figured.

So happy the leaderboards are up. I have/had the fastest time at one of the tracks in Scotland in a Agera. Suck it Hennessy :p

dano1

A Sheep
Yeah I have been leaning towards the bonnet cam myself. Sense of speed is great, and the visuals don't suffer like they do inside the cockpit (to me, anyway).

Was just on; servers are working for clubs, but I just wanted to run a few events for the club, so I didn't attempt multiplayer. The option was lit up, but I don't know if that means it was working.

If it's lit up you can try and enter it. Sometimes you get disconnected but if you do get in a online race it's awesome! It feels like your racing in single player. it's that good!!

napalmjam

I have been knocked around more than motorstorm in driveclub the AI is a major pain in my arse :( also they seem to go faster in the same cars on straights !

viveks86

The only thing the game would need is a multiplayer mode set up by Evo themselves into which only logged in clubs can enter. The races would play out like the Team Races and you and your club members would simply get pitched against a random club. It's party vs. party, basically. To ensure that there are always enough same sized clubs ready to compete with Evo would maybe need to make it a weekend only thing but this would not only make it something special for players but also benefit the game as a whole as players would be given an additional incentive to keep on coming back.

Agreed. Though I think the current team racing mode already attempts to do that by prioritizing party vs party? Or may be it doesn't. If it doesn't, then your idea makes sense

Holy shit. I logged into Driveclub and instantly I was connected. Matches work and everything. Whatever Evo is doing, they need to keep doing it because this is excellent progress! Keep it up, team!

Shadybiz

If it's lit up you can try and enter it. Sometimes you get disconnected but if you do get in a online race it's awesome! It feels like your racing in single player. it's that good!!

haha yeah man, I got into my first MP race on Friday night when it was working intermittently. It was indeed pretty awesome. I was very proud of myself for coming in 3rd, even though the 1st and 2nd positions smoked everyone else by about 12-13 seconds. :)

Holy shit. I logged into Driveclub and instantly I was connected. Matches work and everything. Whatever Evo is doing, they need to keep doing it because this is excellent progress! Keep it up, team!

lol you sound like you're cheering on some team full of special needs developers.

yeah, keep doing what you're doing devs! maybe the game will be fully functional by christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom