• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyser73

Yes, you bet! To level up faster, go to your driver profile, progression status, then driver accolades. You'll see a slew of challenges there. Some of them are worth a lot of fame points. The mfg ones have pretty big payouts, and are the quickest really. Drive a certain number of miles in that car in tour or events, and get 100,000 to 200,000 a pop. And it'll tell you how many miles you have left.

So I could just pick a manu & car I like, select a TT and just race for MILES and get fame? Awesome.

The game didn't blow me away until I did Audi Showdown in the Amateur section of the tour. Holy fuck.

There's always a race that really clicks - I'm completely on the BHR race in the Amateur Cup series. Amazing looking track that you get to go OVER THE HUGE BRIDGE.

I cannot WAIT for replay mode.

kyser73

Can connect really quickly and view leaderboards now, pretty happy about that.

Hey dude, I"m out with the wife tonight (birthday) but now some of this shit seems to be working we need to start putting VT out there, laying down some rubber...kicking tyres...ermmm...stuff...anyway, Wednesday & Thursday night.

Stillmatic

Hey dude, I"m out with the wife tonight (birthday) but now some of this shit seems to be working we need to start putting VT out there, laying down some rubber...kicking tyres...ermmm...stuff...anyway, Wednesday & Thursday night.
I'll be able to jump on Thurs night, I can't make tomorrow night though! Tues/Thurs nights are guaranteed for me.

Just had some great races online. That shit is intense. At one point I flew underneath viveks while he did a barrel roll or 2 like 20 feet in the air. It was glorious.

kyser73

I'll be able to jump on Thurs night, I can't make tomorrow night though! Tues/Thurs nights are guaranteed for me.

Thursday night it is :)

Given the way the online is coming, maybe there will be full club events and so on available.

I honestly cannot wait to go racing against another club with some driving buddies.

Given the way the online is coming, maybe there will be full club events and so on available.

I honestly cannot wait to go racing against another club with some driving buddies.

I was just thinking about how much fun that would be. Racing random clubs will be fun but the private lobbies will be epic when they come.

could log into online yesterday for the first time, 2 minutes before I had to leave :<

any GAF clubs still looking for members? (I'm just a casual player/driver though)

hamchan

I got top 300 in the world in the first event. Repping this VegemiteThunder hard.

Stillmatic

Yeah it's going to be awesome fun!

Hopefully there aren't too many dirty tactics when racing against random clubs online. It'd be interesting to see how they structure the club races, with starting grids etc.

Idk why but it's soo hilarious driving behind someone and then seeing them spin out as if you side swiped them.

I just had to save this clip of someone just going where he felt like.

0ZwEGbY.png

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27vu6a_online-racer-fail-mjlol_videogames

Putty

Morning gents. Team GAF UK CS is going along nicely at level 13 with 4 of us doing the business. The other should be getting the game soon then no doubt we'll take over the world. I noticed the leaderboards where on/off during my hour or so last night which had not previously been working for me so progress is being made it seems. Once they're all working with no issues I'll be going through all the tour events again trying to beat número uno! Game continues to take my breath away.

Edit: Oh wow, you can see some of my times? There's only been a VERY small number of tracks I've been trying to master the hell out of. It's strange how zen it can get, to sit on the one closed course with the one car and just go around and around and around.
Oh yeah. I absolute love time trials for this very reason - and I make a point of setting some times for each track before taking on an event. It starts for me just as a feel, then I get technical about it and try to hammer out any awkward turns, and then it becomes about being consistent and then it somehow becomes meditative. Something about those visuals with those sounds and those vibrations. It just works.

And boom, BAC Mono unlocked.

King of Kudos is getting there.
And the Aston Martin, Good stuff. Now we just have to target those other GAF clubs and fucking destroy them and engender some friendly rivalries.

The thing about driveclub is it challenges you to do better. Feels good when i actually achieve something in this game. It's just so satisfying. Sorry for the small image. I've got pos 653 in Marussia B2 Drift Tour!
01M7eGk.jpg

viveks86

Would it be weird if I say that I LOVE the Atom?

Bz4s2eOCMAA12dW.jpg:large

That's #133 global ranking. And it wasn't even a perfect lap! Gonna keep trying.

Just had some great races online. That shit is intense. At one point I flew underneath viveks while he did a barrel roll or 2 like 20 feet in the air. It was glorious.

More like 3! :/

Morning gents. Team GAF UK CS is going along nicely at level 13 with 4 of us doing the business. The other should be getting the game soon then no doubt we'll take over the world. I noticed the leaderboards where on/off during my hour or so last night which had not previously been working for me so progress is being made it seems. Once they're all working with no issues I'll be going through all the tour events again trying to beat número uno! Game continues to take my breath away.

Hey I'm UK GAF as well, would it be possible if I could join your club?
My psn is Ltg1 btw

Belldandy

Banned
I am finally able to join clubs and race online, but I still cannot send Challenges.

Does anyone know what the status of the Challenge function is?

Yup, been connected for hours and no disconnecting ever since.

Not for me.
I'm sounding like a broken record but have zero connectivity.
personally I think it is unfair if Evolution studios is fixing the problems by staging in people in sections, without communicating that is what they are doing.

I supported this game with a pre-purchase and can't see leaderboards or squat. And yes I checked (again) 5 minutes before this post.

Not for me.
personally I think it is unfair if Evolution studios is fixing the problems by staging in people in sections, without communicating that is what they are doing.

I supported this game with a pre-purchase and can't see leaderboards or squat. And yes I checked (again) 5 minutes before this post.

That really sucks. Did you try letting it sit on he menu for a while? For me it took anywhere between 5-30 minutes to get connected during the last days. Once connected it seemed fairly stable.

viveks86

Not for me.

That's odd. I get connected instantaneously throughout the day. Which region are you in?

Nafai1123

Banned
Would it be weird if I say that I LOVE the Atom?

Bz4s2eOCMAA12dW.jpg:large

That's #133 global ranking. And it wasn't even a perfect lap! Gonna keep trying.

More like 3! :/

Nice one! I haven't managed to get a handle on that beast but one of these days she will be tamed.

GAFCLUB is reppin the leaderboards nicely after tonight.

That's odd. Which region are you in?

I'm in Australia with a US PSN account. *but* I've also tried a new SEN account (no joy either) with no driveclub history.

And others in Australia have posted they are getting online so it isn't specific to the region.

After the opening movie plays, the menu comes up and it connects for a second then disconnects. That's all the life that is in there. Whether left in a game, in a menu, or playing. Connect, pause, disconnect.

I've *never* seen a leaderboard, and *never* seen an option to create a club.

theWB27

Rented the game before work....just completed my first race and connected to the servers. Game is gorgeous. Time to contribute to the United Speed Club.

Nyx

Checked this morning before work if the game worked again after last night, and it did.
Even the leaderboards were shown, weird thing was though that I had zero entries.

I've done quite some Single Event Time Trials but nothing there, no leaderboard entry at all. :(

viveks86

Nice one! I haven't managed to get a handle on that beast but one of these days she will be tamed.

GAFCLUB is reppin the leaderboards nicely after tonight.

Thanks. Yeah! We are so close to breaking 200. Nice work on the all British drift. I'm literally 40 fame points behind! :D

viveks86

I'm in Australia with a US PSN account. *but* I've also tried a new SEN account (no joy either) with no driveclub history.

And others in Australia have posted they are getting online so it isn't specific to the region.

After the opening movie plays, the menu comes up and it connects for a second then disconnects. That's all the life that is in there. Whether left in a game, in a menu, or playing. Connect, pause, disconnect.

I've *never* seen a leaderboard, and *never* seen an option to create a club.

Damn. That sucks. I just started now and I get the progress update even before the menu loads. Hmmm&#8230; What is your ping and bandwidth?

I just tried ps4 via a USA ip address, VPN, to eliminate the IP/ISP/Country as a variable.
Same result.

Here is a video of what it does. Like clockwork. It is completely predictable in its failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEhrMM9EYtk

So weird.

Damn. That sucks. I just started now and I get the progress update even before the menu loads. Hmmm&#8230; What is your ping and bandwidth?

ping to USA, about 240ms,
PSN "test", Nat type-2 and download 10mbit, upload 760kbit
via the VPN, Nat type-2 download 3mbit, upload 400kbit

PS4 online games work solidly, for instance last of us? destiny? no glitches at all, except for those everyone sometimes experiences.

But driveclub has nominated my copy for zero connectivity.

Semper88

Glad some of you having fun online. Havent been able to get on at all.. Always the fucking red text in my screen reminding me IM NOT ONLINE!

Damn. That sucks. I just started now and I get the progress update even before the menu loads. Hmmm… What is your ping and bandwidth?

So weird.

Well the plot thickens.
I deleted it, thinking I'll reinstall it.

Now I can't re-download it(?) the 49.99 (yellow marked) copy in the store wants me to buy it again. I don't particularly want to charge 49.99 again, and then call Sony support to get it reversed.

My suspicion is something thinks I haven't bought it, and perhaps that is screwing up my online experience .. (I purchased using the pre-order link about 12 hours before launch moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom