• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Man, I love this car!!!

Bz5RXnyCQAE2Qk2.jpg:orig

Can't assure you a response, but they have been told now. Hang in there :)

Viveks, is your club full? My club was a temporary one whilst the servers were fixed. I'm in to time trialing p2p tracks but I'm always down for races etc. I play near enough every day too. That's if there's space...

KalBalboa

Banned
This game is starting to really come together thanks to leaderboards and club support.

It's a shame the launch was so god-awful. I'm really getting hooked on it now.

viveks86

Viveks, is your club full? My club was a temporary one whilst the servers were fixed. I'm in to time trialing p2p tracks but I'm always down for races etc. I play near enough every day too. That's if there's space...

Unfortunately, we are at full capacity. One guy just got back from his honeymoon and would "complete" our club. Are we PSN friends? If not, add me - PSN - viveksundaram

Auctopus

Unfortunately, we are at full capacity. One guy just got back from his honeymoon and would "complete" our club. Are we PSN friends? If not, add me - PSN - viveksundaram

Ah, don't sweat it! Will do, buddy.

And straight after your post, I got my first taste of the Mono. So much better than the atom, it's unreal.

wickfut

Banned
Anyone got there preorder cars to download yet? just error out when i try.

On the facebook page they're directing people to contact Sony, saying that it isn't a Driveclub server issue and that it's a problem with the PSN marketplace preorder which Sony needs to sort out.

FeiRR

Banned
Nah I have the pre-ordered version too and my connection is rock solid. It's just a theory that may be something went wrong when they preordered it very close to release. The way he describes how he consistently gets connected and then disconnects indicates something more than the random server disconnects the rest of us experience.

I also pre-odered close to the release, I think it was on Monday. It's very technically improbable to have such a difference. I'd rather think about NAT settings or network infrastructure (distance from servers). Maybe there's some connection error which isn't reported in any way by the game. Anyway, restoring licences won't hurt. I had to do it this morning with my US account (DC worked but Destiny was locked).

OmegaDL50

So the default game has 55 Tour Events?

And the Season Pass is adding an additional 176 Tour Events.

That's basically just over 3 times the content in the base single player Tour mode.

And it's 225 Stars if you clear all 55 Events. I wonder how many more Stars they'll be once the additional 176 events are added.

I mean 55 events seems like a lot. Having a total of 231 events in all seems rather....extensive.

glaurung

I received my pre-order codes from game.net and input them via account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

For some reason they show up on my download list, but there is no download button next to them. Must be tied to those server issues they're having.

T_Exige

If any players are looking for a club, I just started a new club called "Le Mans Racing"
I completed the tour, but will replay all events. So leveling will be no problem :)

I also pre-odered close to the release, I think it was on Monday. It's very technically improbable to have such a difference. I'd rather think about NAT settings or network infrastructure (distance from servers). Maybe there's some connection error which isn't reported in any way by the game. Anyway, restoring licences won't hurt. I had to do it this morning with my US account (DC worked but Destiny was locked).

tried restore licenses
it isnt nat type, i have type 2, never have nat peculiarities.
isnt latency either, everyone in Australia has same latency give or take and i see posts from australians with online functions like you guys have.
isnt dns i sniffed and it isnt failing to resolve anything, plus i use 8.8.8.8
isnt wifi, i use lan
maybe its ps4 with SSD? or three letter psn name? (although i tried a new account) who knows. Its definitely selected some unfortunates though.

SSReborn

So with the clubs I kinda feel like the members should be able to create their own liveries only restrictions being they gotta follow the colour scheme set by the leader.

I fucking love this game and at the same time fucking hate how lacklustre it is.

Just enjoy it. I had a few mates message me about the game saying they love it, I didn't have the heart to tell them they weren't allowed to enjoy it because it lacks fundamental options that are basic for any racer in 2014 and it doesn't have soul.

Nyx

Exactly. It was a dig at the Eurogamer review.

Ah!

Just enjoy it. I had a few mates message me about the game saying they love it, I didn't have the heart to tell them they weren't allowed to enjoy it because it lacks fundamental options that are basic for any racer in 2014 and it doesn't have soul.

Haha nice!
A friend of mine doesn't even like racing games normally but is hooked to DC.

JamboGT

So with the clubs I kinda feel like the members should be able to create their own liveries only restrictions being they gotta follow the colour scheme set by the leader.

I actually used one of my custom ones as an alternate club livery just to mix it up a bit. Can still add the club emblem etc.

stoic-lemon

Neo Member
Decided to do a time trial as my first time in the BAC Mono and saw the leaderboard was up. My hands were shaking as I chased TheGodOfWine around the track. This game just became even more awesome.

Tbh, screw multiplayer. Enable the option to create challenges instead. As online functionality is too fragmented at the moment, challenges would be a much better way to compete with friends. I've practically finished sp a few days ago and there really is nothing new to do.

Also. Without online functionality it becomes clear how short career mode actually is. Give us the season pass events for free and only charge for the cars.

They're up and they're down, I'm in and I'm out...
I was just in the middle of customizing my club badge and got thrown out when the server decided it didn't like me.

With the servers being still down, would it be possible to be refunded by Sony for the title?

Tbh, screw multiplayer. Enable the option to create challenges instead. As online functionality is too fragmented at the moment, challenges would be a much better way to compete with friends. I've practically finished sp a few days ago and there really is nothing new to do.

Also. Without online functionality it becomes clear how short career mode actually is. Give us the season pass events for free and only charge for the cars.

I haven't really touched the Tour mode, everything set to random and it is always enjoyable you don't have to aim for stars just enjoy the gameplay. Going to start doing the tour now I have finally joined a club though.

Turrican2

After some online racing yesterday and today morning (took some days off this week) I found some points that need to be added to online mp.

- let us start multiplayer races on our own asap.
- as the first few corner of almost every online race are a destruction derby fest, add the option for no collisions in these three steps: in the first corner, the first 3 corners and for the whole race.
- let me see who had the best lap time during the race, that would add some motivation after you got rammed out the first corner of the race again.
- improve the penalty system, sometimes it is difficult to comprehend why someone gets a penalty and why not. Ramming people people on straights or turning them out on straights needs a penalty as well.

It's not just position. It's fame points (position contributes to fame points). The awesome thing about team races is that people at least try to drive clean. Crashing takes away a big chunk of your fame points.

You could technically be last place, draft everyone, drift around and still contribute significantly to the overall score.

Are you sure about that? It may be coincidence but I've only ever seen people allocated pts on their finishing position and nothing else. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I've just never witnessed it.

1st gets 15pts and last gets 1pt with no changes in position due to racing better than someone else who may have finished above you i.e all your team finish places 1-6, your team is awarded 61pts while places 7-12 are awarded 21pts.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

I redeemed my codes on Saturday through the SEN site before I even booted up the game for the first time. When I loaded the game it said there was a 180(?)MB update and from the time I started my first race I was getting 'Preorder' Stars and my cars were there.

My main account is a UK PSN account and am located in Australia.

CozMick

Banned

Nope. I've tried restoring licenses but keep getting an error.

These early access cars are kinda pointless once you actually unlock the car in the game, however, I still want the exclusive liveries.

Sort it out Sony/evo.

bombshell

I redeemed my codes on Saturday through the SEN site before I even booted up the game for the first time. When I loaded the game it said there was a 180(?)MB update and from the time I started my first race I was getting 'Preorder' Stars and my cars were there.

My main account is a UK PSN account and am located in Australia.

It's the digital pre-order cars that's a problem for people, myself included, so no codes involved.

Ugh I still can barely log in and playing online is impossible. This is a monumental fuck up, like way way up there. Standing right alongside Sim City and Battlefield 4 in terms of just brokenness. MS must be absolutely thrilled.

Nyx

By the way, did anybody ever notice they're playing a racing game at 30 FPS?

Cause I sure as hell didn't. Surely it would be noticeable when compared to a 60 FPS racer side by side, but otherwise?

Don't know how Evo did it, but DAT sense of speed....

By the way, did anybody ever notice they're playing a racing game at 30 FPS?

Cause I sure as hell didn't. Surely it would be noticeable when compared to a 60 FPS racer side by side, but otherwise?

Don't know how Evo did it, but DAT sense of speed....

Definitely notice it, but it's still really good. Also I think the controller input is decoupled from the graphics framerate, which helps.

Nyx

Definitely notice it, but it's still really good. Also I think the controller input is decoupled from the graphics framerate, which helps.

Yeah there isn't any input lag whatsoever. (or at least, I don't notice it lol)

But I was just thinking about the fact that when 30 FPS was announced I had some worries about it especially as it's a racing game, but since I've started playing I hadn't thought about it at all, till just now. ;)

hondulu

Neo Member
Ugh I still can barely log in and playing online is impossible. This is a monumental fuck up, like way way up there. Standing right alongside Sim City and Battlefield 4 in terms of just brokenness. MS must be absolutely thrilled.

Agree, incredibly bad. It´s like they tried to make an online socially connected game without knowing what the internet is.

JamboGT

I hope the patch today sorts a load of issues out, will be great to get challenges working and multiplayer is fun when it works.

It cant just be me surely that thinks the launch of this game has been an absolute shambles and it definitely gets in the way of the enjoyment for me.

For it to be delayed for so long and still this occurs is awful.

And it will be the last time I go digital, if it was a physical copy of the game I would of sold it on by now.

This game is like crack

I just got to the first hyper car events and they're already killing me. I'm bouncing all over, barely getting one star, and I just keep retrying with a big grin on my face. Sometimes racing on certain tracks, especially during particularly beautiful or exhilirating sections, I feel like this is the greatest thing I've played in years. I don't care about review scores one bit but in this instance I can't help but feel a little sad that the people who built this magnificent game don't get the recognition I think they deserve for their hard work. Despite the server issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom