• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

https://twitter.com/That_Kid_Chris/status/574530779583234048

E2imZDn.png

I refuse to turn up the volume unless it's a new song or my favorite one.

So after months waiting to be verified, I've final had the email :) thought I'd show one my latest videos to celebrate the venom hot lap world record https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXfz8GRg7F4

Welcome sir.

Here's my (ex) girl:

Foh3vWo.jpg

Lovely.

Completely stock, MY06 UK 300.

E2tF1Iw.jpg

Even more lovely.

noomi

Well I've been playing the main tour, and I couldn't even get to the end of it :( It was just getting way too hard for me....I guess I'm not that good at racing haha.

Also, I realized that non of the tours that shipped with the game have any of the weather effects, the hell? I have to buy DLC content to enjoy them in any of the new tours? Kind of lame if you ask me....

xrnzaaas

Holy crap, can't wait. The only tiny thing I'd change is I'd switch Veneno with Reventon or Diablo, but I'm very excited anyway. :)

bombshell

Well I've been playing the main tour, and I couldn't even get to the end of it :( It was just getting way too hard for me....I guess I'm not that good at racing haha.

Also, I realized that non of the tours that shipped with the game have any of the weather effects, the hell? I have to buy DLC content to enjoy them in any of the new tours? Kind of lame if you ask me....

It would have fucked up the leaderboards for the main game events if they had added weather to them.

You can enjoy the weather for free if you set up single race events and in multiplayer.

Ebolarama

Banned
Not all car packs will have 5 cars.

Kind of a bittersweet moment. I'm very excited for the Lamborghini addition, but I thought it was an established precedent of 5 per pack plus the monthly free car. I'm guessing that extra is still coming but will not be a Lambo?

viveks86

Kind of a bittersweet moment. I'm very excited for the Lamborghini addition, but I thought it was an established precedent of 5 per pack plus the monthly free car. I'm guessing that extra is still coming but will not be a Lambo?

You mean the free car? Not sure, but I doubt it

Ted

Great update for season pass holders, everyone loves a raging (though now sadly slightly sanitised) bull. I hope they are well balanced against the existing roster.

Given Evo are talking updates, is there any new information on multiplayer updates?

The event list is getting stale and lobbies have been touted for months now as "being worked on". Do we have any details at all?

Something akin to the way GRID 2 does it would be a good foundation. In G2 quick events (like the current DC event list) are still available but users can also create customisable lobbies for either single races or multiple events [with a cumulative score].

Track, lap count and class are all user definable as well as a few other things that are not relevant to DC like damage/rewinds/race type. Ideally in DC a host would be able to do all of this as well as tie down races to specific cars and tweak the weather settings. Players can then either join a random event/lobby or search for one by class, race type, track etc (and are subsequently presented a browsable list of lobbies meeting their criteria).

Hopefully though Evo go beyond that and also add a bunch of innovative and useful host tools inspired by the real world of motor sport (post race replays, success ballast, virtual stewards, qualification etc.) but given the very basic start point I suspect that is asking way too much for a free update.

And if user definable lobbies aren't coming soon, perhaps Evo could make some more simple changes to the event list just to add a little bit of extra variety:

- Fix the bug that allows the event creator to spit out two events that are exactly the same twice in a row.

- More x vs y car events (but take care with balance - Ferrari 458 vs Ferrari 458 Speciale is only going to go one way with users of similar skills).

- Make some of the events a series of races rather than just one event, just by adding these you could add a shit load of variety with very little effort. For example you could have events where the user retains a single car choice across all events (bringing in some car selection strategy for events where some tracks call for top end and others call for acceleration and grip) and events where across the series car class changes (e.g. race 1 = hatch, race 2 = sports, race 3 = performance etc.) perhaps on a single track, emphasising the need to learn tracks.

- Tweak the post-event logic so rather than the game selecting simply the next available event, it selects the next available event that is the same class or one above/below (currently it may jump from Hatch -> Hyper -> Sports and this can be pretty jarring and makes corner one super risky whilst everyone adjusts to the different pace).

Jamesways

More like...
lamborghini-veneno-xl_zpshcxwnhwe.jpg

The Veneno

Giving their love for crazy concept type cars.

CALLED IT!

Excellent trailer and announcement! Thank you, Evo. The support on this game has been the likes of which, well the world has never seen the likes of which (to quote the IT Crowd).

Great choice of cars there. Loved the Aventador in the Horizon series.

This update will also fix the brightness cockpit issue, yes?

strafer

hearing those engine sounds and knowing it isn't just manufactured sound for the trailer but the real thing makes me wonder if the guys behind Gran Turismo don't care about the sound.

the engine sound is the most important part of a racing game, you fuck up that you fuck up the entire game.

I hope GT can reach this level of sound in the next game.

Don't want anymore vacuum cleaners.

le-seb

Kind of a bittersweet moment. I'm very excited for the Lamborghini addition, but I thought it was an established precedent of 5 per pack plus the monthly free car.
They initially announced that 38 cars would be part of the season pass, over a nine months support plan.
This number should be increased to 43 cars over ten months, as the Ignition expansion pack was offered to all players as a compensation for the servers problems at launch.
We've already been given 20 cars through the four expansion packs already released, so there are 23 left over five months.
This is 15+8, so expect two expansion packs with only 4 cars in them.
This Lamborghini pack seems to be one of them.

Putty

Rushy teasing something else aswell on Twatter. We know replays are in, a free car to announce, additional audio options.... but what else could he be talking about?

Rushy teasing something else aswell on Twatter. We know replays are in, a free car to announce, additional audio options.... but what else could he be talking about?

Wait wut?, new audio options?

Kudos to the video team for the editing on the trailer, i love how the aggresive cuts and just the engine sound matches the whole extreme and radical look and feel of a Lambo.

Top Bottom