• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Gandalf

11041926_786725294745166_1785210549642182533_o.jpg

First thing I though looking at the colours was a Toyota Castrol Toms Supra 97'
But that's probably a long shot, and I'm not sure if they're releasing older cars as DLC.
Other than that I've got nothin'
We have to figure this out!

Edit: My wishlist would probably consist of:

Nissan GTR
Lamborghini Murcielago, Gallardo or Aventador (Wouldn't mind any of these 3)
Toyota GT-One
Lexus LFA
Bugatti Veyron

And throw in the Lancia Delta as the free car.

Gandalf

The online is getting on my nerves tonight. So many dirty drivers about. When I get taken out (which has happened a lot tonight), why do I want to get revenge 100% of the time?

Auctopus

Sorry I haven't been too active lately, guys. Been pretty busy away from my professional virtual driving career. Keep sending me those challenges and anyone who wants to add me, put NeoGAF in the FR message or I probably won't accept it.

Wow! Was that an actual limited edition or did the owner go crazy?

It was sold like that. I still see them about my ends sometimes.

Has something gone wrong with drift scoring? I was able to consistently replicate these scores yesterday on the same corner. I'm sure more could be possible too as I'm not that great at drifting.

eqc2RwF.jpg

thectzn

Neo Member
Just bought a 350Z, so please include that in my favourite driving game. Thanks.

I recently sold my 35th anniversary 350z so it would be good to drive it again in-game :) Had it for 7 years, was a pleasure to drive.

Would be nice to see a Z in the game. I had a '05 Z33 and a '12 Z34 -- both had to go when my son was born so I could pick up baby haulers for me and my wife. Miss them both. Not to derail the thread, but were/are you guys on MY350Z?

kie25

Anyone else think the red lines when zooming in look like the Le Ferrari front bumper or 488. I personally think the Le Ferrari, all the lines look like parts of a car to me, sideskirts, door panel, bumper.

Auctopus

All I can think is that the replay mode is incredibly robust and the new trailer has been made in the replay mode showing how deep it goes etc.

So after months waiting to be verified, I've final had the email :) thought I'd show one my latest videos to celebrate the venom hot lap world record https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXfz8GRg7F4

Good to have you on here, Kie. We've all been wanting to give you tips on your, frankly, sloppy driving technique so you've just made that easier for us, thanks!
ur so fast

So now that I'm nearing 585/585, I wanted to talk about two issues I'm having with the game.

The first one is that I wish there were difficulty options. I know the game is meant to be a very simple game in terms of customisation in that you can just start a race and go, but the tours just felt way too easy. The only thing I had any kind of struggle with was the third star in Dusk Till Dawn, and that's only because drift faceoffs aren't my thing. The AI is far too easy to beat and the actual races feel like a drag because of that. I feel like I get much more enjoyment out of time trials because some of the 3 star times are actually relatively difficult to get sometimes.

The other is, I'm nearing 585/585 but I can't actually get 585/585, because I can't download the VUHL for some reason. Once I bought the season pass I just had to click Download on the store page for every free car and car pack, but the VUHL's just takes me to a blank PSN page with "*circle* Back" at the bottom. I've tried this a few times over the past few days and it keeps getting stuck. There are two events that use it so I can't complete them because of this.

Siegmeyer

So after months waiting to be verified, I've final had the email :) thought I'd show one my latest videos to celebrate the venom hot lap world record https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXfz8GRg7F4

Welcome kie, good to have you on board. The battle for 2nd place in any future GAF rallies has begun!

Oh, and just curious, but how many hours do you think you've put into DC? I sent you a drunken message on PSN a while back after watching one of your vids, praising your 'sick DC skills' and calling you 'a machine'. You kindly sent me a friend request in response and I've since noticed that if you're online, then you're playing DC :)

Guys , the tours are not easy .
I realise that all of you are good drivers ..but the difficulty on the tours doesn't need to be increased.

Among players , not that many people have 225/225 or 585/585 ...yes some of you are good drivers but that isn't a reason for evolution to make challenges that are harder than it currently is .
Right now your time should be to polish your times by challenges and leaderboards , not to hope that events that are hard for a vast majority of players to be harder.

lordxar

Guys , the tours are not easy .
I realise that all of you are good drivers ..but the difficulty on the tours doesn't need to be increased.

Among players , not that many people have 225/225 or 585/585 ...yes some of you are good drivers but that isn't a reason for evolution to make challenges that are harder than it currently is .
Right now your time should be to polish your times by challenges and leaderboards , not to hope that events that are hard for a vast majority of players to be harder.

I think everything has been a decent challenge so far. Once I started getting better though some of it got significantly easier though, ie I learned the tracks and cars but yes I think the difficulty so far is perfect. I wouldn't mind another round of difficulty though like tougher times to beat but that's what challenges are for.

I think everything has been a decent challenge so far. Once I started getting better though some of it got significantly easier though, ie I learned the tracks and cars but yes I think the difficulty so far is perfect. I wouldn't mind another round of difficulty though like tougher times to beat but that's what challenges are for.

Exactly . i'm not saying dumb it down .. NO
I'm saying ..keep it at this level.

If you want more of a challenge , it's time to time attack races or to send challenges to everyone you know.

Please don't change the Campaign difficulty. No for the dlc campaigns ( future or not ) difficulties either.

But there already are difficulty options, aren't there?
In single races you can set them yourself, and in the main tour the diffculty corresponds with your progression through the tour.

I know how it works, it's just that some events are just not difficult enough for some, including myself. Being able to set the difficulty of the AI yourself would be ideal.

Not saying that this game is a cake-walk or anything, but I do find myself finishing a good few seconds ahead of everyone else for the vast majority of events. I feel like the Elements Tour was perfect in terms of difficulty, but the more recent tours have been much easier.

Rushy said they were going to lower the star requirements, which they did, but they also seem to have made the game easier. I think the former would have sufficed on its own.

Ebolarama

Banned
How about an all Lambo pack:
Veneno
Huracan
Gallardo SL
Aventador SV
Murcielago SV

I know the conversion has moved on from this but rather than the Aventador SV (or in addition to it) I would love to see the Aventador J. And the Sesto Elemento as the free one...
I like the Veneno, it's no more ridiculous than the One:1 in appearance.

Top Bottom