• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

I don't know when the next update is due out, but is there a chance we might see a video of what the replays will actually look like? Mostly for cameras, but maybe to see if there's any image quality issues/improvements. Very excited!

lordxar

Fuck you Pagani drift and you UK vs US your bullshit is over but most of all...FUCK you Savage Rivalry. Never want to see your special brand of bullshit again...221/225 :)

Edit; 224/225 just the Venom left :)

Putty

I don't know when the next update is due out, but is there a chance we might see a video of what the replays will actually look like? Mostly for cameras, but maybe to see if there's any image quality issues/improvements. Very excited!

I'd like to see them influenced by GT in respect of replay camera's. Can't be no more than 2 weeks away. I had another thought aswell...I'm expecting there to be an A.I update aswell. Imagine looking at a replay of the A.I cars doing this slow down procedure when they get well out in front ....I reckon they'll lessen the severity...hopefully we can save replays aswell.

BouncyFrag

I know we've all expected it, but replays are CONFIRMED for the next update.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.786201531464209.1073741859.423631211054578&type=1
tumblr_ln9g4rWf1k1qztit6.gif

I have had DC on the shelf for months waiting for this. I've completed about 2/3 of the original content and haven't even touched the DLC from the season pass.

valkyre

Fuck you Pagani drift and you UK vs US your bullshit is over but most of all...FUCK you Savage Rivalry. Never want to see your special brand of bullshit again...221/225 :)

Edit; 224/225 just the Venom left :)

Good good

Dont know if you are going for the DLC but be prepared for even tougher challenges. Oh and Venom 2 :)

Yesterday I finished the remaining challenges of the latest DLC! 585/585 stars ;)

You soppy bastards! You never lose it. Judging by the times I'm coming up against in the new tours, you is dam fast son(s)...

Ha! Thanks for saying so, I think it's more online where I seem to be struggling more than usual. Maybe it's just everyone else is getting better! Having said that I really had to work (well do more than 1 run ;-) to get the third star on that F- Type tour event around Loch Duich.

lordxar

Good good

Dont know if you are going for the DLC but be prepared for even tougher challenges. Oh and Venom 2 :)

Yesterday I finished the remaining challenges of the latest DLC! 585/585 stars ;)

Yea I'm like less than 200 away from 585. Had like 6 of the main tour stars I had trouble with left until last night. Now I'm .074 away from the VHL. A wheel is nice but toss it on a decent stand and damn its so good. Not having to fight against the pedals sliding around is huge. It almost feels effortless now.

Edit: the VHL star car sucks. I was leading until he shot past me at the very end. Guess I didn't take that last curve as well as I thought.

NHale

Tamil Nadu feels too flat when you compare it to the other tracks. The Chilean circuit is also flat but it flows better to me, especially the last chicane before the start finish straight.

The BHR Circuit, Canada, and Japan are pretty good. The only track I can safely say I don't care for at all is the one in Canada I think that goes through the train yards, if only for the third sector with that chicane just before the start finish.

Tamil Nadu is basically the old Estoril track layout without the inverted corkscrew (even has a mini parabolica after the chicane) which is why I like it so much.

Two things:

1. Is there a GAF club? If so, can I get an invite? I just cleared out my backlog mostly and am looking to play DC a bunch and would love to join a club of bros.

2. I cannot do any of the drift challenges for the life of me. Any tips?

Two things:

1. Is there a GAF club? If so, can I get an invite? I just cleared out my backlog mostly and am looking to play DC a bunch and would love to join a club of bros.

Lots of GAF clubs as there's only 6 peeps in each, someone will offer you a place pretty quickly. The drift question is asked all the time, go back a few pages and I'm sure you'll find something.

Sirenty

Two things:

Getting rid of the backlog first was smart. My backlog is huge now because I can't stop playing DC. I've had the Dragon Age disc in for 3 months and still haven't started the game up yet.

For drifting most of the corners and in most of the cars, you want to approach opposite of how you would on a race line. So if you have a right-hand drift corner:

• Approach from the right side of the track towards the left corner of where the drift zone starts
  • Flick left and then hold right while letting off the gas and holding the handbrake.
  • Once the rear end starts to come around, let off the handbrake, stop steering and full throttle.
  • Then control the angle with throttle and steering inputs. Steer right to steepen angle, steer left to lessen or straighten out for speed zone. If you're heading off the track or spinning, let off the throttle some or increase your drift angle.
  • Don't start straightening till the last possible moment, or even until out of the drift zone, and don't straighten at all on the last drift zone. You want to go through the checkered flag sideways.
That's a general approach that should work most of the time. On some of the more powerful cars, you don't need to release the gas at all. On tight corners after a high speed straight, you'll want to brake before the flick.

If you send me some challenges, I can provide a ghost that shows how I do it. I hope that helps.

nib95

Banned
Is Frigo22 a GAF'er on here? I accepted his friend request recently and noticed he's pretty much on top of every single leader board, and by some margin. If he's not a GAF'er I'm half tempted to delete him just to make myself feel better lol.

Getting rid of the backlog first was smart. My backlog is huge now because I can't stop playing DC. I've had the Dragon Age disc in for 3 months and still haven't started the game up yet.

For drifting most of the corners and in most of the cars, you want to approach opposite of how you would on a race line. So if you have a right-hand drift corner:

• Approach from the right side of the track towards the left corner of where the drift zone starts
  • Flick left and then hold right while letting off the gas and holding the handbrake.
  • Once the rear end starts to come around, let off the handbrake, stop steering and full throttle.
  • Then control the angle with throttle and steering inputs. Steer right to steepen angle, steer left to lessen or straighten out for speed zone. If you're heading off the track or spinning, let off the throttle some or increase your drift angle.
  • Don't start straightening till the last possible moment, or even until out of the drift zone, and don't straighten at all on the last drift zone. You want to go through the checkered flag sideways.
That's a general approach that should work most of the time. On some of the more powerful cars, you don't need to release the gas at all. On tight corners after a high speed straight, you'll want to brake before the flick.

If you send me some challenges, I can provide a ghost that shows how I do it. I hope that helps.

Wow, thanks man. That all makes sense and I'll try it out when I get home.

I basically started skipping the drift challenges because I can't even get 1 star, haha.

Do you mostly just work through the Drive playlist? Or do you play online?

bombshell

I knew this was happening. But I haven't spoiled myself with the details. Rushy's tease should be easy enough to decode ;)

If there's any hints in that image, then I'm blank haha.

But if they are going for what has been most requested then my guess is it's either some Japanese cars or some Lambo's.

Auctopus

Potential clues...

- The colours blue, green, red and yellow. (Are we getting the Google Maps car?)
- The word 'amazing' is pretty awkward in the sentence.

Jamesways

sorry I just picked a random Lambo, lol.

I don't know much about cars

Oh I think you're totally on to something,
I was just looking for newer ones with sharper angles that could possibly fit.

Edit- looking at the angle of the lines, could be
1023415L7-3_zpsnb2878u9.jpg

The Mosler MT900 GTR maybe?
Mosler-MT900_GTR_XX_Land_Sh_mp149_pic_105866_zps1tr3klfv.jpg

Two things:

I've been asked to mention that Gridlink DC has open spaces if your still looking for a club ;-)

Top Bottom