• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I guess the issue with multi player is how it looks once syncing all the runs together - uncharted 3 had a similar replay function and things often looked a bit off and not as you remembered due to the lag.

Check out the weather in this vid

https://youtu.be/j7zU222dQu0

Particularly on laps 3 & 4 it looks misty- I think this is simply patchy low cloud and a high track but can't say I've seen this before :)
Yeah that's always been there, set to Cloudy and that track and the glacier track are the best ones to have the clouds roll onto the circuit.

Depending on the time of day the glacier track is incredible, it'll engulf the entire glacier section of the track.

This is the only screenshot I really have to hand to kind of show it...
crzyad.png

Yeah that's always been there, set to Cloudy and that track and the glacier track are the best ones to have the clouds roll onto the circuit.

Depending on the time of day the glacier track is incredible, it'll engulf the entire glacier section of the track.

This is the only screenshot I really have to hand to kind of show it...
crzyad.png

Brill :) God knows how many hours I've put into this game (I'm around 400 on the leaderboards so it's a lot!) but I've never seen it before - just shows the random dynamic nature of the clouds can change so much!

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
I'd to have more statistics in this game... like on screen stages in hot laps or stage points in drift challenges, average time in x track, most used car, less used car, etc. etc.

I believe that if most of games that try to have a regular community gave us better statistic tools, it'd be so much easier to keep the community and it'd give us something to look forward to get better at.

I'd to have more statistics in this game... like on screen stages in hot laps or stage points in drift challenges, average time in x track, most used car, less used car, etc. etc.

I believe that if most of games that try to have a regular community gave us better statistic tools, it'd be so much easier to keep the community and it'd give us something to look forward to get better at.

I believe at least some of these things are being tracked and recorded, we just don't have access to them yet - there's a stats menu that has been disabled since DC had the server issues so hopefully that'll be reinstated soon.

Auctopus

Glad to see Evo mixing it up with the challenges from HQ.

I feel like all I see on challenges sometimes is hyper cars on Tamil Nadu

kie25

Glad to see Evo mixing it up with the challenges from HQ.

I feel like all I see on challenges sometimes is hyper cars on Tamil Nadu
I'm
Sure they don't actually choose them there based on challenges we create and the challenges that start getting higher numbers end up as community challenges. That's what I thought anyway.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Here's a great guide, coincidentally the author is also a GAFer:

https://boingbb.wordpress.com/2014/11/29/driveclub-how-to-beat-the-venom-hot-lap-tour-event/

The breakthrough for me personally was learning proper throttle control coming out of corners. If you just floor it the tires will squeal and you're losing precious time.

I have a guide here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0BzyiBwKAo&list=PL-Y5L2oubp9mNQOQuO9K5Q2DeDYOc4LVw I'm currently number 2 in the world with a 12.5

Thanks. I'm getting better, still not good though.

benzy

I guess the issue with multi player is how it looks once syncing all the runs together - uncharted 3 had a similar replay function and things often looked a bit off and not as you remembered due to the lag.

Check out the weather in this vid

https://youtu.be/j7zU222dQu0

Particularly on laps 3 & 4 it looks misty- I think this is simply patchy low cloud and a high track but can't say I've seen this before :)

Yeah, I wonder how replays will deal with people ghosting in and out due to shoddy connections.

I've seen that before in some races, definitely because of low clouds and high track surface like you said. DC could use some mists for heavy rain storm conditions though. Maybe for DC2 we could even get hurricane clouds, considering Evo already had some experience with it in Motorstorm Apocalypse. :p

tumblr_mh2buz8rAE1rjg1qso1_500.gif

Jimrpg

Here's a great guide, coincidentally the author is also a GAFer:

https://boingbb.wordpress.com/2014/11/29/driveclub-how-to-beat-the-venom-hot-lap-tour-event/

The breakthrough for me personally was learning proper throttle control coming out of corners. If you just floor it the tires will squeal and you're losing precious time.

How the hell do I win the Venom Hot Lap?

Also, my club stopped playing, is there an active Gaf club with an open spot?

Thanks. I'm getting better, still not good though.

Yep I wrote that guide.

#1 defender - thats a good tip.

Make sure as you're going through each corner, you're hitting the minimum speeds that I've listed in the guide. Check the video and the guide for corners you can cut and have no speed penalty.

The video and guide will get you a lap time of around 1:16... plenty of people are getting 1:12 so there's still plenty of opportunity for improvement.

Yeah, I wonder how replays will deal with people ghosting in and out due to shoddy connections.

I've seen that before in some races, definitely because of low clouds and high track surface like you said. DC could use some mists for heavy rain storm conditions though. Maybe for DC2 we could even get hurricane clouds, considering Evo already had some experience with it in Motorstorm Apocalypse. :p

tumblr_mh2buz8rAE1rjg1qso1_500.gif

That'd be awesome :)

Recent online events have made me re-evaluate my opinions on this - of the track day cars I always go for the Atom or the Mono depending on the track but the road cars are harder to separate. I've had a few favourites, the McLaren 12C, then the 458 Speciale and recently I've taken a shine to the RUF RT12. On tracks with long straights the Mazzanti Evantra has become the weapon of choice for most people online due to its immense top speed. However I've got a new contender...

https://youtu.be/Uf0MyptWyqM

Yes an electric car! What the hell is going on!

Try it and you may find you like it - I've just sent out challenges to everyone on my friends list with times around Glenmorgan with the SLS Electric, 12C, RT12, Evantra, Berlinetta, F50 and Alpine, and yes the Merc is the current leader. All times were set within 5 laps (and are in the top ten times for that car) so I've not spent ages setting this up, and they can all defo go quicker - have a go and see if you want to join the electric revolution too! ;-)

IKizzLE

Recent online events have made me re-evaluate my opinions on this - of the track day cars I always go for the Atom or the Mono depending on the track but the road cars are harder to separate. I've had a few favourites, the McLaren 12C, then the 458 Speciale and recently I've taken a shine to the RUF RT12. On tracks with long straights the Mazzanti Evantra has become the weapon of choice for most people online due to its immense top speed. However I've got a new contender...

Try it and you may find you like it - I've just sent out challenges to everyone on my friends list with times around Glenmorgan with the SLS Electric, 12C, RT12, Evantra, Berlinetta, F50 and Alpine, and yes the Merc is the current leader. All times were set within 5 laps (and are in the top ten times for that car) so I've not spent ages setting this up, and they can all defo go quicker - have a go and see if you want to join the electric revolution too! ;-)

I took the non fastest bullshit times from Cayoosh Point, Sinclair Pass, Putre, Chungara Lake, Autodromo 2, Munnar, Tamul Nadu, Nakasendo, Skjolden and Wester Ross (because I was bored) a few weeks before the latest DLC dropped, and added up all the times from each track and then ordered it from lowest to highest and this is what I got.
I know some of the DLC cars such as the 650S and Caterham Superlight will be kind of off because they were fairly new at the time and so the fastest possible times werent ran.

Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1
Mclaren F1 LM
Koenigsegg Agera R
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Pagani Huayra
W Motors Lykan Hypersport
Jaguar C-X75
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport
Caterham SP/300R
BAC Mono
Renault Twin Run
Ariel Atom 500
Ruf RT12 R
Mclaren 12C
Mazzanti Evantra
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
GTA Spano
Icona Vulcano
Mclaren 650S
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari 458 Italia
Aston Martin One-77
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Savage Rivale GTR-S
KTM X Bow R
Chevy Corvette ZR1
Mercedes SLS AMG
Audi R8 V10 Plus
Ferrari 599 GTO
Marussia B2
Renault Alpine A110-50
Mercedes SLS AMG E
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Ruf RGT 8
Ferrari FF
Mercedes AMG GT S
Lotus Exige S
Mercedes SL 65 AMG
Chevy Corvette Stingray
BMW M5 2013
Aston Martin Vanquish
BMW M5 2011
BMW M4
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Caterham R500 Superlight
Bentley Continental GT Speed
Mercedes C63 AMG Black
Audi RS6 Avant
BMW M3 GTS
Spyker C8 Aileron
Ferrari California
Alfa Romeo 4C
Maserati GranTurismo
Audi RS5 Coupe
Renault Dezir
Lotus Evora S Sports Racer
Bentley Continental GT V8
BMW M235i
Mercedes CLA 45 AMG
Audi TT RS Plus
Mercedes A45 AMG
BMW M135
Mini John Cooper Works GP
Volkswagon Golf
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagon Beetle
Audi A1 Quattro

kie25

I personally would go with the Evantra on 80% tracks as in the correct hand it's unbeatable, I think of it as a baby venom as it has very similar handling qualities. Track cars bac mono probably edges it over caterham Atom doesn't have the grip, to compete, around that track though the twin run would be my choice probably, in sure the twin run on tight tracks destroys hyper cars as I have the kobago record using the twin run beating the koenigsegg one and everything.

kie25

Also I will use the atom if online and I don't recognise any players to be fast as it's a sure way to get to the front, then you can just take it easy, as being to aggressive will catch you out on the atom.

I took the non fastest bullshit times from Cayoosh Point, Sinclair Pass, Putre, Chungara Lake, Autodromo 2, Munnar, Tamul Nadu, Nakasendo, Skjolden and Wester Ross (because I was bored) a few weeks before the latest DLC dropped, and added up all the times from each track and then ordered it from lowest to highest and this is what I got.
I know some of the DLC cars such as the 650S and Caterham Superlight will be kind of off because they were fairly new at the time and so the fastest possible times werent ran.

Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1
Mclaren F1 LM
Koenigsegg Agera R
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Pagani Huayra
Jaguar C-X75
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport
Caterham SP/300R
BAC Mono
Renault Twin Run
Ariel Atom 500
Ruf RT12 R
Mclaren 12C
Mazzanti Evantra
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
GTA Spano
Icona Vulcano
Mclaren 650S
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari 458 Italia
Aston Martin One-77
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Savage Rivale GTR-S
KTM X Bow R
Chevy Corvette ZR1
Mercedes SLS AMG
Audi R8 V10 Plus
Ferrari 599 GTO
Marussia B2
Renault Alpine A110-50
Mercedes SLS AMG E
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Ruf RGT 8
Ferrari FF
Mercedes AMG GT S
Lotus Exige S
Mercedes SL 65 AMG
Chevy Corvette Stingray
BMW M5 2013
Aston Martin Vanquish
BMW M5 2011
BMW M4
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Caterham R500 Superlight
Mercedes C63 AMG Black
Audi RS6 Avant
BMW M3 GTS
Spyker C8 Aileron
Ferrari California
Alfa Romeo 4C
Maserati GranTurismo
Audi RS5 Coupe
Renault Dezir
BMW M235i
Mercedes CLA 45 AMG
Audi TT RS Plus
Mercedes A45 AMG
BMW M135
Volkswagon Golf
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagon Beetle
Audi A1 Quattro

Wow you must've been bored! ;-) That's a good list bud tho there will be things that skew the results like the DLC you mentioned and also the popularity of the cars - I posted the fastest times with 2 of those cars within 5 laps of running, knocking 3 seconds off the merc time.

Looking at the list again, quite surprised to see the Caterham as top super, not surprised at all to see the RGT 8 as top performance and I think the DeZir is too low but that again is prolly just to not being popular rather than speed.

I personally would go with the Evantra on 80% tracks as in the correct hand it's unbeatable, I think of it as a baby venom as it has very similar handling qualities. Track cars bac mono probably edges it over caterham Atom doesn't have the grip, to compete, around that track though the twin run would be my choice probably, in sure the twin run on tight tracks destroys hyper cars as I have the kobago record using the twin run beating the koenigsegg one and everything.

I think it also depends if your talking about race or time trial - there's defo more potential in the Evantra but reaching it consistently amongst other cars isn't so easy for us mortals ;-)

nib95

Banned

Hennessey Venom GT
Pagani Zonda R
Mclaren P1
Mclaren F1 LM
Koenigsegg Agera R
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Pagani Huayra
Jaguar C-X75
Ferrari Enzo
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport
Caterham SP/300R
BAC Mono
Renault Twin Run
Ariel Atom 500
Ruf RT12 R
Mclaren 12C
Mazzanti Evantra
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
GTA Spano
Icona Vulcano
Mclaren 650S
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ferrari 458 Italia
Aston Martin One-77
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Savage Rivale GTR-S
KTM X Bow R
Chevy Corvette ZR1
Mercedes SLS AMG
Audi R8 V10 Plus
Ferrari 599 GTO
Marussia B2
Renault Alpine A110-50
Mercedes SLS AMG E
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Ruf RGT 8
Ferrari FF
Mercedes AMG GT S
Lotus Exige S
Mercedes SL 65 AMG
Chevy Corvette Stingray
BMW M5 2013
Aston Martin Vanquish
BMW M5 2011
BMW M4
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Caterham R500 Superlight
Mercedes C63 AMG Black
Audi RS6 Avant
BMW M3 GTS
Spyker C8 Aileron
Ferrari California
Alfa Romeo 4C
Maserati GranTurismo
Audi RS5 Coupe
Renault Dezir
BMW M235i
Mercedes CLA 45 AMG
Audi TT RS Plus
Mercedes A45 AMG
BMW M135
Volkswagon Golf
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagon Beetle
Audi A1 Quattro

Damn dude, thanks for doing this!

kie25

I really need a wheel. Holy shit.
Just so you know I could probably do that with a pad allot easier, I think people think the wheel is easier on Driveclub, rushy has confirmed so many times that wheel is harder, wheel is ok when driving 70-80% car limits, however when you start trying to push it gets pretty hard, in my view harder than pad, Ive been using wheels on games for over 15 years, and for 1st 3 weeks I just couldn't do Driveclub when driving flat out, I even messaged my friend who is in charge the handling at evo, saying the game is impossible with wheel, however I stayed with it and after weeks and weeks I managed to start picking my pace up, I've heard people say the wheel is easy, which if your driving at 80% potential it is, but trying to drive at the limit of grip is extremely hard, although it's always 100% more fun, I'll try and search some the pad runs I did, remember this was when the game came out and I was slightly slower then and not fully up to speed with the tracks.

nib95

Banned
Just so you know I could probably do that with a pad allot easier, I think people think the wheel is easier on Driveclub, rushy has confirmed so many times that wheel is harder, wheel is ok when driving 70-80% car limits, however when you start trying to push it gets pretty hard, in my view harder than pad, Ive been using wheels on games for over 15 years, and for 1st 3 weeks I just couldn't do Driveclub when driving flat out, I even messaged my friend who is in charge the handling at evo, saying the game is impossible with wheel, however I stayed with it and after weeks and weeks I managed to start picking my pace up, I've heard people say the wheel is easy, which if your driving at 80% potential it is, but trying to drive at the limit of grip is extremely hard, although it's always 100% more fun, I'll try and search some the pad runs I did, remember this was when the game came out and I was slightly slower then and not fully up to speed with the tracks.

Not necessarily easier, but capable of more. Like with anything, it'd just take practise. Wheels are usually harder to use, but also generally more rewarding as well if you invest the time. One of the key ways to get extra time in Driveclub with many vehicles and on many tracks, appears to be to reduce the amount of traction loss or wheel spin, and that is much harder to do with a pad, as movements are far more dramatic and twitchy. The smoothness and finesse a wheel offers definitely has benefits which a pad basically cannot efficiently replicate. Likewise, I'm sure a pad will have certain advantages as far as immediate and quicker turns are concerned.

You could just try and replicate the exact run above with a pad, and post your best lap to see if you really can match it.

kie25

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xchhmOSJ42Y&list=PL-Y5L2oubp9kZ0IJ5eMSudF3rfcTvZQ5X Venom got lap 2 1.16.6

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0D9Np2Sp_s&list=PL-Y5L2oubp9kZ0IJ5eMSudF3rfcTvZQ5X Venom lap on a tour event.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_o1SPxH1M&list=PL-Y5L2oubp9kZ0IJ5eMSudF3rfcTvZQ5X Hyper event using venom

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL-Y5L2oubp9maMpve8XC0D0BmfilIanFz&v=GGEENtTjCVA this was a community event won using a pad.

These are just a few laps I used pad on early on in games life, the pad is probably more competive in my view on Driveclub than any other game, just look at Eb4tilky who uses pad a auto gears. He dominates the leaderboards.

kie25

Not necessarily easier, but capable of more. Like with anything, it'd just take practise. Wheels are usually harder to use, but also generally more rewarding as well if you invest the time. One of the key ways to get extra time in Driveclub with many vehicles and on many tracks, appears to be to reduce the amount of traction loss or wheel spin, and that is much harder to do with a pad, as movements are far more dramatic and twitchy. The smoothness and finesse a wheel offers definitely has benefits which a pad basically cannot efficiently replicate. Likewise, I'm sure a pad will have certain advantages as far as immediate and quicker turns are concerned.

You could just try and replicate the exact run above with a pad, and post your best lap to see if you really can match it.

All you need to do is look at leaderboards go on any event that uses the twin run and eb4 will be at top,

I did this run to finish top until eb4 using a pad the next day took it back from me https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mYxjkvKGY

nib95

Banned
These are just a few laps I used pad on early on in games life, the pad is probably more competive in my view on Driveclub than any other game, just look at Eb4tilky who uses pad a auto gears. He dominates the leaderboards.

Do you think you could personally top your 1.22.6 with the Twin Run on Kobago, with a pad?

kie25

One thing as a user of both that I have noticed is that the pad seems to have allot of assistance in steering and catching slides compared to the wheel, I'm sure if rushy reads any of this he would agree that the wheel can be fast but many times the pad can be faster and allot easier. If anyone on here visits reddit, there was a guy on there accusing me of not using wheel as he said my times are impossible with the wheel, he claimed I was switching to pad, so I steamed myself yesterday with the camera aiming at my wheel beating his wheel times by 3-5 seconds with only a few laps done, he was very apologetic afterwards.

kie25

Do you think you could personally top your 1.22.6 with the Twin Run on Kobago, with a pad?
If I went bk to pad and got used to it for few weeks yes I believe I could get low 22s as I'm sure if eb4 went on that with a twin run he at least get a 22.0

Gandalf

A couple things I'd love implemented Rushy, if you're interested.

I loved the overall time leaderboards you had on Motorstorm RC. So when you hovered over a tour you'd see your overall time you had with every event combined, and your position. Something similar with the tours on Driveclub would be awesome. I loved going back on all the events on that and shaving off seconds here and there to try and climb that leaderboard.

I'd also love some online stats. Number of races won... Time spent in the lead... Things like that.

Thanks.

nib95

Banned
If I went bk to pad and got used to it for few weeks yes I believe I could get low 22s as I'm sure if eb4 went on that with a twin run he at least get a 22.0

I'm certain that would indeed be the case, but the thing is, it's generally much harder to get a flawless run with a pad, and much easier to make a mistake. Literally a couple of millimetres twitch of your thumb with an analogue stick can be the difference between a botched speed lap and a perfect one, in that sense there's more leeway with a wheel. This EB4 guy must just be insanely skilled, and have tremendous minute control over the analogue sticks. We're talking constant mm precision.

Auctopus

kie25

I'm certain that would indeed be the case, but the thing is, it's generally much harder to get a flawless run with a pad, and much easier to make a mistake. Literally a couple of millimetres twitch of your thumb with an analogue stick can be the difference between a botched speed lap and a perfect one, in that sense there's more leeway with a wheel. This EB4 guy must just be insanely skilled, and have tremendous minute control over the analogue sticks. We're talking constant mm precision.
Eb4 is streaming now on twitch check it out.

lordxar

One thing as a user of both that I have noticed is that the pad seems to have allot of assistance in steering and catching slides compared to the wheel, I'm sure if rushy reads any of this he would agree that the wheel can be fast but many times the pad can be faster and allot easier. If anyone on here visits reddit, there was a guy on there accusing me of not using wheel as he said my times are impossible with the wheel, he claimed I was switching to pad, so I steamed myself yesterday with the camera aiming at my wheel beating his wheel times by 3-5 seconds with only a few laps done, he was very apologetic afterwards.

But...the one thing to keep in mind on the whole pad/wheel thing, some of us won't be hitting that upper 20% so using a wheel for immersion makes more sense. I noticed a marked improvement in using a properly mounted wheel just because my movements are more fluid. The same thing on pad was too damn twitchy for me but I could hit about the same time.

Also, I think that where the controller may have the upper hand is that you can go full left or full right with one instant flick. Can't do that with a wheel, not unless you want to rip it off whatever you've attached it to.

But for my money the wheel offers a great advantage with the pedals for the high acceleration and twitchier cars.

But this is probably just a case of user preferences here.

Also, I think that where the controller may have the upper hand is that you can go full left or full right with one instant flick. Can't do that with a wheel, not unless you want to rip it off whatever you've attached it to.

But for my money the wheel offers a great advantage with the pedals for the high acceleration and twitchier cars.

But this is probably just a case of user preferences here.

I think driving styles also make a difference - I think I use my RC car style where the vast majority of corners are taken at full lock and you adjust the tightness of the turn with the throttle. This translates well to a pad but a wheel demands a more realistic approach. I think it also explains why I'm strongest on tight twisty tracks and not so great on tracks with long apex curves.

IKizzLE

Wow you must've been bored! ;-) That's a good list bud tho there will be things that skew the results like the DLC you mentioned and also the popularity of the cars - I posted the fastest times with 2 of those cars within 5 laps of running, knocking 3 seconds off the merc time.

Looking at the list again, quite surprised to see the Caterham as top super, not surprised at all to see the RGT 8 as top performance and I think the DeZir is too low but that again is prolly just to not being popular rather than speed.

Renault Dezir is the second fastest in the class, only behind the Audi RS5 and i looked at the overall difference in times, and it was pretty negligible and pretty much a tie for first.

Today, Ill update all the DLC cars and add the Koenigsegg One:1 and such and post the new, revamped list. It'll take a few hours but for some reason, I find it interesting lol. Can't wait to see where the lamborghini's sit a month after they launch. I feel the Veveno is gonna be right next to the Zonda R and the Aventador right above the Huayra. The Huracan will be around the Ferrari Speciale and perhaps the Gallardo around the 650s

lordxar

Ran them all and pretty much got 1:21 something for each but the Alpine, that handles like shit. Did manage to better the electric time to 1:20 something and one other car too. I should try the Mono and Caterham since those are my gotos simply for handling

I've actually been pleasantly surprised at both electric cars in DC. They both run pretty damn well.

IKizzLE

Here is the full updated list featuring Cayoosh Point, Sinclair Pass, Putre, Chungara Lake, Autodromo 2, Munnar, Tamul Nadu, Nakasendo, Skjolden and Wester Ross. These tracks were chosen because it is a good mix of short, medium and long tracks across all the countries. The fastest times were taken from each track with each car and averaged out and then sorted from smallest to largest.

Koenigsegg One:1 1.606321
Hennessey Venom GT 1.626399
Pagani Zonda R 1.64376
Mclaren P1 1.647639
Mclaren F1 LM 1.654044
Koenigsegg Agera R 1.658478
Gumpert Apollo Enraged 1.658733
Pagani Huayra 1.671798
W Motors Lykan Hypersport 1.678755
Jaguar C-X75 1.72066
Ferrari Enzo 1.726871
Ruf CTR3 ClubSport 1.741604

Caterham SP/300R 1.748897
BAC Mono 1.759956
Renault Twin Run 1.761032
Ariel Atom 500 1.79934
Mclaren 12C 1.81141
Ruf RT12 R 1.814652
VUHL 05 1.828158
Mazzanti Evantra 1.857105
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta 1.859785
GTA Spano 1.862721
Icona Vulcano 1.864964
Mclaren 650S 1.865794
Ferrari 458 Speciale 1.870453
Ferrari F50 1.872051
Ferrari 458 Italia 1.873009
Aston Martin One-77 1.875988
Ferrari 430 Scuderia 1.885891
Savage Rivale GTR-S 1.889074
Mercedes SLS AMG 1.890224
KTM X Bow R 1.891369
Renault Alpine A110-50 1.892864
Chevy Corvette ZR1 1.893195
Dodge SRT Viper GTS 1.896237
Audi R8 V10 Plus 1.896708
Ferrari 599 GTO 1.89835
Marussia B2 1.898477
Mercedes SLS AMG E 1.906447
Aston Martin Vantage 1.954984

Ruf RGT 8 1.956795
Ferrari FF 1.962417
Mercedes AMG GT S 1.971592
Chevy Corvette Stingray 1.973146
Lotus Exige S 1.974114
Aston Martin Vanquish 1.975481
Mercedes SL 65 AMG 1.977809
BMW M5 2013 1.97811
BMW M5 2011 1.979689
Chevy Corvette Z06 1.979865
Caterham R500 Superlight 1.983155
BMW M4 1.985618
Aston Martin Zagato 1.987134
Bentley Continental GT Speed 1.987787
Audi RS6 Avant 1.987907
Mercedes C63 AMG Black 1.98828
Jaguar F Type R 1.989201
BMW M3 GTS 1.990208
Ferrari California 1.995159
Spyker C8 Aileron 1.996027
Alfa Romeo 4C 2.0417
Maserati GranTurismo 2.04719

Renault Dezir 2.057205
Audi RS5 Coupe 2.057239
Lotus Evora S Sports Racer 2.062194
Audi TT RS Plus 2.066149
Bentley Continental GT V8 2.070941
BMW M235i 2.076534
Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 2.079168
Mercedes A45 AMG 2.113805
BMW M135 2.12073

Volkswagon Golf 2.150178
Mini John Cooper Works GP 2.150745
Renault Clio RS 2.165089
Volkswagon Beetle 2.167658
Audi A1 Quattro 2.182947

Notes
1) One:1 smashed the boards lol
2) The only reason the P1 is that high is because you get a full boost bar every lap when your hotlapping.
3) The RUF CTR3 is a terrible hyper. In fact, it has a lot of times slower than the super class.
4) Ferrari 599XX is missing from the list because its online only and their are no online lap times :( But if I was to guess, it would be between the Huayra and Lykan
5) Caterham SP was faster than every other super in pretty much every track. Pure dominance.
6) The VUHL is surprisingly quick
7) More people need to hotlap with the Mazzanti and especially the 650S. No reason for the 12C to be that much higher
8) Caterham superlight is much slower than I anticipated

I know some cars will be shifting slightly in the future and some others need for hotlappers to look at (650S) but this should give you a pretty good idea on what car to choose when racing online if you want the best chance of winning.

5) Caterham SP was faster than every other super in pretty much every track. Pure dominance..

That car is just so stable ...It's such a pleasure to drive with it .
You can trully nail the best driving lane much more easily compensating for the car little lack of power.

Sirenty

I think what I learned is everyone else kills me in the tight section of that track. I've been up a second at the second checkpoint and lost it by the bridge. I think I need to get better at bumper or hood cam. I always seem to over brake in tight sections when in chase cam.

kie25

Ran them all and pretty much got 1:21 something for each but the Alpine, that handles like shit. Did manage to better the electric time to 1:20 something and one other car too. I should try the Mono and Caterham since those are my gotos simply for handling

I've actually been pleasantly surprised at both electric cars in DC. They both run pretty damn well.
Alpine handles like shit? I really like the handling, I'd much prefer a little oversteer to understeer, it will try to kill the less experienced driver but, if you learn it, you can chuck it through corners at some insane speeds.

Shaneus

Here is the full updated list featuring Cayoosh Point, Sinclair Pass, Putre, Chungara Lake, Autodromo 2, Munnar, Tamul Nadu, Nakasendo, Skjolden and Wester Ross. These tracks were chosen because it is a good mix of short, medium and long tracks across all the countries. The fastest times were taken from each track with each car and averaged out and then sorted from smallest to largest.

Pagani Zonda R 1.64376
Mclaren P1 1.647639
Mclaren F1 LM 1.654044
Pagani Huayra 1.671798
Jaguar C-X75 1.72066
Ferrari Enzo 1.726871

BAC Mono 1.759956
Ariel Atom 500 1.79934
Mclaren 12C 1.81141
Ruf RT12 R 1.814652
VUHL 05 1.828158
GTA Spano 1.862721
Icona Vulcano 1.864964
Mclaren 650S 1.865794
Ferrari F50 1.872051
KTM X Bow R 1.891369
Ferrari 599 GTO 1.89835
Marussia B2 1.898477

Ruf RGT 8 1.956795
Ferrari FF 1.962417
Lotus Exige S 1.974114
BMW M5 2013 1.97811
BMW M5 2011 1.979689
BMW M4 1.985618
Audi RS6 Avant 1.987907
Jaguar F Type R 1.989201
BMW M3 GTS 1.990208
Alfa Romeo 4C 2.0417

Renault Dezir 2.057205
Audi RS5 Coupe 2.057239
Audi TT RS Plus 2.066149
BMW M235i 2.076534
BMW M135 2.12073

Volkswagon Golf 2.150178
Renault Clio RS 2.165089
Audi A1 Quattro 2.182947

Notes
2) The only reason the P1 is that high is because you get a full boost bar every lap when your hotlapping.
3) The RUF CTR3 is a terrible hyper. In fact, it has a lot of times slower than the super class.
4) Ferrari 599XX is missing from the list because its online only and their are no online lap times :( But if I was to guess, it would be between the Huayra and Lykan
5) Caterham SP was faster than every other super in pretty much every track. Pure dominance.
7) More people need to hotlap with the Mazzanti and especially the 650S. No reason for the 12C to be that much higher

I know some cars will be shifting slightly in the future and some others need for hotlappers to look at (650S) but this should give you a pretty good idea on what car to choose when racing online if you want the best chance of winning.
That's an amazing list. Appreciate the effort!

nib95

Banned

Pagani Zonda R 1.64376
Mclaren P1 1.647639
Mclaren F1 LM 1.654044
Pagani Huayra 1.671798
Jaguar C-X75 1.72066
Ferrari Enzo 1.726871

BAC Mono 1.759956
Ariel Atom 500 1.79934
Mclaren 12C 1.81141
Ruf RT12 R 1.814652
VUHL 05 1.828158
GTA Spano 1.862721
Icona Vulcano 1.864964
Mclaren 650S 1.865794
Ferrari F50 1.872051
KTM X Bow R 1.891369
Ferrari 599 GTO 1.89835
Marussia B2 1.898477

Ruf RGT 8 1.956795
Ferrari FF 1.962417
Lotus Exige S 1.974114
BMW M5 2013 1.97811
BMW M5 2011 1.979689
BMW M4 1.985618
Audi RS6 Avant 1.987907
Jaguar F Type R 1.989201
BMW M3 GTS 1.990208
Alfa Romeo 4C 2.0417

Renault Dezir 2.057205
Audi RS5 Coupe 2.057239
Audi TT RS Plus 2.066149
BMW M235i 2.076534
BMW M135 2.12073

Volkswagon Golf 2.150178
Renault Clio RS 2.165089
Audi A1 Quattro 2.182947

Notes

Fantastic post dude. Thanks again for your efforts with this. Super insightful!

lordxar

Alpine handles like shit? I really like the handling, I'd much prefer a little oversteer to understeer, it will try to kill the less experienced driver but, if you learn it, you can chuck it through corners at some insane speeds.

Yea I was tired of driving it and gave up. Im not so good at oversteer lol. I did go on and try both the Mono and Caterham and pretty much blew away the other times and the Caterham is a bit quicker.

Pagani Zonda R 1.64376
Mclaren P1 1.647639
Mclaren F1 LM 1.654044
Pagani Huayra 1.671798
Jaguar C-X75 1.72066
Ferrari Enzo 1.726871

BAC Mono 1.759956
Ariel Atom 500 1.79934
Mclaren 12C 1.81141
Ruf RT12 R 1.814652
VUHL 05 1.828158
GTA Spano 1.862721
Icona Vulcano 1.864964
Mclaren 650S 1.865794
Ferrari F50 1.872051
KTM X Bow R 1.891369
Ferrari 599 GTO 1.89835
Marussia B2 1.898477

Ruf RGT 8 1.956795
Ferrari FF 1.962417
Lotus Exige S 1.974114
BMW M5 2013 1.97811
BMW M5 2011 1.979689
BMW M4 1.985618
Audi RS6 Avant 1.987907
Jaguar F Type R 1.989201
BMW M3 GTS 1.990208
Alfa Romeo 4C 2.0417

Renault Dezir 2.057205
Audi RS5 Coupe 2.057239
Audi TT RS Plus 2.066149
BMW M235i 2.076534
BMW M135 2.12073

Volkswagon Golf 2.150178
Renault Clio RS 2.165089
Audi A1 Quattro 2.182947

Notes

Gawd there's some work in that! Brilliant list bud :) I hadn't realised how much the track cars dominate the super class.

Top Bottom