• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I think what I learned is everyone else kills me in the tight section of that track. I've been up a second at the second checkpoint and lost it by the bridge. I think I need to get better at bumper or hood cam. I always seem to over brake in tight sections when in chase cam.

It seemed like the only place I would gain on you is the right hander at the top of the hill before the bridge - I go right to the wall where you take it a bit wider. I do think the cars feel more responsive in bumper or bonnet cam so defo worth a try.

Shaneus

Notes
1) One:1 smashed the boards lol
2) The only reason the P1 is that high is because you get a full boost bar every lap when your hotlapping.
3) The RUF CTR3 is a terrible hyper. In fact, it has a lot of times slower than the super class.
4) Ferrari 599XX is missing from the list because its online only and their are no online lap times :( But if I was to guess, it would be between the Huayra and Lykan
5) Caterham SP was faster than every other super in pretty much every track. Pure dominance.
6) The VUHL is surprisingly quick
7) More people need to hotlap with the Mazzanti and especially the 650S. No reason for the 12C to be that much higher
8) Caterham superlight is much slower than I anticipated

I know some cars will be shifting slightly in the future and some others need for hotlappers to look at (650S) but this should give you a pretty good idea on what car to choose when racing online if you want the best chance of winning.
It's important to note the 599XX will be available (I think with the next patch?) for drivers at level 50 to race whenever they want :)

Nyx

20150316_driveclub_038ka0y.jpg

20150316_driveclub_0530bcx.jpg

What the...?

Shaneus

Since my post it's been "Preparing to download..." and only at 83%. No idea what the fuck it's preparing, but it's taking it's sweet-arse time.

bombshell

Since my post it's been "Preparing to download..." and only at 83%. No idea what the fuck it's preparing, but it's taking it's sweet-arse time.

It's checking what patch data to skip since all patches are included in the download.

When it's done preparing to download you'll notice it has skipped a lot of the download.

Putty

Replays are great. The driver cam where you see the driver is nuts. Reacts to everything, crashes, car momentum all very realistic and natural looking. And the best bit, he looks in the mirror when you use the look back button 8)

Shaneus

I wasn't super, super impressed with the replay TBH. I only checked out one and it was very quick, but I need to have a tinker with it a bit.

Did get to drive the 599XX in an offline race, though! Thanks Rushy <3

Can't wait to dig into them volume levels.

dr guildo

Suggestion for new car DLC, Rushy, if you are reading...

French Cars to begin (maybe 'cause I'm french
369387.gif
)

GT by Citroën :
citroen-gt-170-690x390.jpg

Survolt by Citroën :
1500x646-concept-car-citroen-survolt-couleurs-osees.36386.jpg

Ferrari 330 P4 :
9148184831_759a09558a_b.jpg

BMW X6 (SUV DLC pack) :
BMW-X6-1.jpg

Can't say I'm that impressed with the implementation of replays. The camera angles are mostly useless. The trackside cameras look cool but the way they zoom in/out and pan you could potentially miss something when the car is far away or when the cameras change. The vehicle cameras are all pretty useless as well.

The only good ones are the gameplay cameras but the potential there is lost because we can't watch the top times replays from the leaderboards. Has anyone played Trials: Fusion? Every time on the leaderboard has a ghost/replay attached and can be watched by anyone at any time. It's flapping awesome for learning a course and picking up tips and tricks from other players. It's all automatic and requires no saving/uploading by the user.

What's with the 50 replay limit? Surely it should be unlimited provided you have space on the hard drive? Are they saved on their servers instead? If they are, then why can't we do what Trials does?

Seems like a missed opportunity. Oh well, bring on private lobbies now!

Putty

Can't say I'm that impressed with the implementation of replays. The camera angles are mostly useless. The trackside cameras look cool but the way they zoom in/out and pan you could potentially miss something when the car is far away or when the cameras change. The vehicle cameras are all pretty useless as well.

The only good ones are the gameplay cameras but the potential there is lost because we can't watch the top times replays from the leaderboards. Has anyone played Trials: Fusion? Every time on the leaderboard has a ghost/replay attached and can be watched by anyone at any time. It's flapping awesome for learning a course and picking up tips and tricks from other players. It's all automatic and requires no saving/uploading by the user.

What's with the 50 replay limit? Surely it should be unlimited provided you have space on the hard drive? Are they saved on their servers instead? If they are, then why can't we do what Trials does?

Can't please everyone fella, though the way Evo are handling DC, if more pewople chime in with similar gripes, i'm sure Evo will act on it.

I hope i don't presume too much, but i have sent some of you guys a friendship request (the ones i recognized by name on the DRIVECLUB-GAF friend list), because everyone on my list stopped playing and i barely ever get any challenges. Not that i'm especially good at them, but it would be nice to at least get to do some occasionally.

If anyone else wants to add me, my PSN is everlong416.

As for the update, very cool, can't wait for the cars and tours next week. It's a shame though that you can't choose any alternative liveries for the 599XX.

nib95

Banned
I hope i don't presume too much, but i have sent some of you guys a friendship request (the ones i recognized by name on the DRIVECLUB-GAF friend list), because everyone on my list stopped playing and i barely ever get any challenges. Not that i'm especially good at them, but it would be nice to at least get to do some occasionally.

As for the update, very cool, can't wait for the cars and tours next week. It's a shame though that you can't choose any alternative liveries for the 599XX.

Add me. NIBZY

I might update the club to include one or two more active players, so if you're interested, not in a club and playing a lot, I might have a spot for you.

HHNNNNNNGH, engine sounds are so damn punchy in cockpit view now. an;'t wait to hear thunder/lightning storms with the environmental sounds turned all the way up too.

And the brightness/contrast issue has been fixed also. :D Now I can make a start on the latest two expansions.

Can't please everyone fella, though the way Evo are handling DC, if more pewople chime in with similar gripes, i'm sure Evo will act on it.

That's true. They've been pretty good with listening up until now and the fact that they are still updating the game is something!

HHNNNNNNGH, engine sounds are so damn punchy in cockpit view now. an;'t wait to hear thunder/lightning storms with the environmental sounds turned all the way up too.

Damn straight! Loving the sounds even more now. If you read the tooltip down the bottom it tells you what is controlled by each setting. I'm sure I read that crowd cheering was part of environmental effects which sucks. I want loud thunder, not loud cheering! :p

nib95

Banned

And the brightness/contrast issue has been fixed also. :D Now I can make a start on the latest two expansions.

Good good! :p Need that club experience!

Add me. NIBZY

I might update the club to include one or two more active players, so if you're interested, not in a club and playing a lot, I might have a spot for you.

Thanks, i've sent you a FR. I appreciate the Club offer and would gladly go for it, but i own one myself. Though i sort of have the same problem with inactive club members. XD

Regarding the new replay function, i just tried it out a bit and oh my god, i never knew i wanted this, but now that it's here i love it! :D

Edit:

Sent you a FR and a few others while I was at it.

Yeah, saw it and accepted earlier, thanks!

lordxar

Sent you a FR and a few others while I was at it.

Well, they're better than nothing for sure, they don't blow me away but it's a good start.

I totally agree with the Trials Fusion thing, that would have been great.

Yeah, the 'player misc' settings seems to affect tire squeal. I've kept it at default, though, as the louder engine sounds in cockpit drowns almost everything else out. XD

Duallusion

Hmm, spinning around/going off track/hitting a wall in drift events still isn't penalized nor do speed sections seem to be giving any more points. Cars do seem to loose less speed while drifting but that just might be my imagination. And they've moved back the starting position a bit in at least one drift event - that Race Track India 2 one that people seem to love for some reason, judging by community challenges.

Changes are subtle, to say the least.

Top Bottom