• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

5taquitos

Just to check, the season pass covers every piece of DLC released so far except:

- DRIVECLUB - Renault R.S. 01
- DRIVECLUB - Ferrari LaFerrari

The Renault is unlocked when you hit Level 66 (I believe), and the Ferrari is unlocked when you complete the Ferrari manufacturer accolade.

THE:MILKMAN

and kie25 is doing that on Legendary o_O. My God.
8590400.gif

Yeah, top draw driving there. It would royally piss me off that it appears to chop his winning margin in half looking at the result table at the end, though?

DD

For the second season pass, I wish they could add four more countries. Since we have two American places, two European, and two Asian countries, it would be nice to have two African and two Oceanian places too.
That won't happen though ;(

Anyway, guys, did the price reduction on the season pass appeared on the US PSN?

Shaneus

Rushy: Any news on a S2 release date? Or even a release date for a release date trailer/news for season 2?

Might we get a city or two in this pack? I'm aching for some solid PGR vibes :)

For the second season pass, I wish they could add four more countries. Since we have two American places, two European, and two Asian countries, it would be nice to have two African and two Oceanian places too.
That won't happen though ;(

Anyway, guys, did the price reduction on the season pass appeared on the US PSN?
To be perfectly honest, there's not much in Australia that couldn't be approximated via somewhere else in the world, unless it's a real-world track. I'd personally love to see Melbourne get a run if they decide to do city tracks, but other than that (and perhaps the Great Ocean Road) they could pretty much pick anywhere else.

But yeah, city locations. And the Lancia Delta, ahem.

nib95

Banned
New GAF EU club emblem. Not sure how much I like it yet, but I just wanted to try that Club Level 50 Lion symbol lol. Can't really see the matching gold and dark matt metallic grey strips down the sides of the car in these shots.

Wish Rushy would get the design team to do us a NeoGAF symbol! Wink wink.

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150908040259.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150908035811.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150908041106.jpg~original

Shaneus

New GAF EU club emblem. Not sure how much I like it yet, but I just wanted to try that Level 50 Lion symbol lol. Can't really see the matching gold and dark matt metallic grey strips down the sides of the car in these shots.

I want them to somehow do this:
FGOcFCf.jpg

Makikou

I wish there was Season Pass #2 already..

Destiny 2.0 launches at evening and it's 18gb
and iRacing build got delayed to tomorrow so today driveclub would be perfect. Damnit!

Auctopus

I like how people usually complain about the frequency of DLC and Season Passes yet it's only been 11 months since release and people are already for the next entry/update 'cause SP1 was so good.

New GAF EU club emblem. Not sure how much I like it yet, but I just wanted to try that Club Level 50 Lion symbol lol. Can't really see the matching gold and dark matt metallic grey strips down the sides of the car in these shots.

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150908040259.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150908035811.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150908041106.jpg~original

Looks great, nibs. I'll wear it proudly. I think thats my club? There's two EU clubs that sound similar.

Shaneus

You were conceived in the back of one, weren't you? Nothing else can explain your obsession LOL.
Hah, I knew you'd pop up!

I just think they're a super fun, nimble but weighty car. They were great in Sega Rally, great in PGR4, they'd be fantastic in DC.

airjoca

Todays ~50MB game update is purely to address an issue with the Thrustmaster T100.

Great, there was a guy in another forum who was holding out on buying the game because of this, I will tell him right now.

I am your game's unofficial spokesperson and promoter in Portugal ;)

I've never bought a game twice on the same system before, but getting a digital copy of DC has done wonders for me. I used to play it almost exclusively for half a year, until B:AK, TW3, and now MGS:V came out. With all of those hogging my disc drive this summer, i mostly only swapped in the DC disc when the monthly update came out. Now that the digital version is just a button press away, i find myself jumping into DC at least twice a day, whenever i have a short break, but not enough time to commit to story driven games. I still prefer having physical versions of games, but this was totally worth buying again digitally. Great game to just jump into and knock out a few challenges or just mess around with some quick races before going back to work.

Hopefully we'll hear some news soon about the future content, i'm looking forward to more tracks in hopefully new countries and a second season pass.

I wish there was Season Pass #2 already..

Destiny 2.0 launches at evening and it's 18gb
and iRacing build got delayed to tomorrow so today driveclub would be perfect. Damnit!

I should be on tonight bud if you fancy an online sesh - Hopefully Vaga and Skillet will get on too

I've never bought a game twice on the same system before, but getting a digital copy of DC has done wonders for me. I used to play it almost exclusively for half a year, until B:AK, TW3, and now MGS:V came out. With all of those hogging my disc drive this summer, i mostly only swapped in the DC disc when the monthly update came out. Now that the digital version is just a button press away, i find myself jumping into DC at least twice a day, whenever i have a short break, but not enough time to commit to story driven games. I still prefer having physical versions of games, but this was totally worth buying again digitally. Great game to just jump into and knock out a few challenges or just mess around with some quick races before going back to work.

Hopefully we'll hear some news soon about the future content, i'm looking forward to more tracks in hopefully new countries and a second season pass.

I have the same thoughts with both this and Diablo 3 which I picked up in a digital sale, both are games which you can fire up and play for 20-30 minute blasts and then walk away.

desu

Now that the digital version is just a button press away, i find myself jumping into DC at least twice a day, whenever i have a short break, but not enough time to commit to story driven games. I still prefer having physical versions of games, but this was totally worth buying again digitally. Great game to just jump into and knock out a few challenges or just mess around with some quick races before going back to work.

Basically why I switched from physical to digital edition and never locked back again.

The convinence of having the game just a button press away is amazing.

Holy hell, whats in this update to make it take 11 gigs? That's like twenty indie games right there.

Unless you have just bought and installed the game or haven't updated it since launch, it's not actually 11GB, that's just the cumulative size of all the previous patches. The most recent one is only 50MB and contains a fix for the Thrustmaster T100 steering wheel.

The whole 11GB contain the weather update, lots of additional tracks, free cars, new modes and various tweaks and improvements that have been added since launch, as well as the season pass content (more cars, tours and liveries).

down 2 orth

Unless you have just bought and installed the game or haven't updated it since launch, it's not actually 11GB, that's just the cumulative size of all the previous patches. The most recent one is only 50MB and contains a fix for the Thrustmaster T100 steering wheel.

The whole 11GB contain the weather update, lots of additional tracks, free cars, new modes and various tweaks and improvements that have been added since launch, as well as the season pass content (more cars, tours and liveries).

Well I had the weather patched in since fall/winter, I think when it first came out. And I've been playing a lot in the last month, including downloading the last update which wasn't very large. I think its either some kind of bug going on or something to do with the fact that I'm on a HK version of the disk. Hopefully its Evolution/Sony doing away with region locking for the DLC.

kie25

Well I had the weather patched in since fall/winter, I think when it first came out. And I've been playing a lot in the last month, including downloading the last update which wasn't very large. I think its either some kind of bug going on or something to do with the fact that I'm on a HK version of the disk. Hopefully its Evolution/Sony doing away with region locking for the DLC.

It's not a bug it says that for everybody every update it doesn't actually update the full 11gb though, just the 50mb that's all ;)

Pachimari

Is the game still on sale?
Thinking of getting it digital, and get rid of my disc.

[edit]
Just went on the computer, I see it is not, oh well.

Shaneus

Elite Level 65 guide :)

https://youtu.be/XouZeC7w8LQ

The downvoters have already attacked the video haha
It's those same 7, too!

I'm a fan of the tutorials, but I'm more a fan of just re-running the same stages over and over and following the ghost. Problem with my learning is even if I'm told a billion times, I have to discover (not just be told) it myself before I "get it". And I only just got that L65 one, just need another million or so fame.

Anyone have ideas for getting the most fame? I'm still a few tours behind so I assume that's the case, but if there's a quicker way (and don't worry, I don't considering any driving in DC to be "grinding") I'd love to hear it.

Dear God, you people are lazy... xD
I never really "switched" from physical to digital. I bought the steelbook, but couldn't wait so I also bought it on PSN, too... partially to support Evo, partially to play the game right meow.
t4lh8iB.jpg

My elite level guide playlist now includes all unlock guides to unlock the Renault Rs 01 :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-Y5L2oubp9lHX8VUVKvSGfyTujp10Dai
So is the Mazzanti one the last one needed before earning the Renault?

Anyone have ideas for getting the most fame? I'm still a few tours behind so I assume that's the case, but if there's a quicker way (and don't worry, I don't considering any driving in DC to be "grinding") I'd love to hear it.
Manufacturer accolades.

I look to those when I want to drive but am not sure what ride to pick. Lots of fame there too.

desu

If you are not too bad at the game, play as many challanges as possible.Look for those with a decent player count (1000+) and can get some decent fame, you just need to wait for the challenges to run out. I got millions of of fame in the last weeks by playing like ~30min challanges a day (it's also quite addicting).

It's those same 7, too!

I'm a fan of the tutorials, but I'm more a fan of just re-running the same stages over and over and following the ghost. Problem with my learning is even if I'm told a billion times, I have to discover (not just be told) it myself before I "get it". And I only just got that L65 one, just need another million or so fame.

I never really "switched" from physical to digital. I bought the steelbook, but couldn't wait so I also bought it on PSN, too... partially to support Evo, partially to play the game right meow.
t4lh8iB.jpg

So is the Mazzanti one the last one needed before earning the Renault?

I'm still trying to gain fame, I did quite a bit of online over the weekend when they were doing double fame, but other than that, not too sure what the best methods are.

BHK3

Banned
All my experience with 'simulators' is forza motorsport 3, I liked the handling and gameplay enough that I even started to get into switching gears manually! I ended up going back to automatic though because the extra points just wasn't worth the hassle. I got Shift Unleashed 2 for free through PS+ a few years back and absolutely hated it, couldn't pass the first race unless I went off track and pounded the cheating AI aside. Would I like driveclub? I'm tempted to get it just for the graphics, I planned on doing something similar with GT5 but that had a...rough launch so to say.

All my experience with 'simulators' is forza motorsport 3, I liked the handling and gameplay enough that I even started to get into switching gears manually! I ended up going back to automatic though because the extra points just wasn't worth the hassle. I got Shift Unleashed 2 for free through PS+ a few years back and absolutely hated it, couldn't pass the first race unless I went off track and pounded the cheating AI aside. Would I like driveclub? I'm tempted to get it just for the graphics, I planned on doing something similar with GT5 but that had a...rough launch so to say.

Do you have PS+? Why not try out the PS+ version for free?

I think it's great, the handling isn't sim, but it's certainly not arcade. If you try playing it like Shift you will get your arse kicked quickly and hit a lot of barriers.

Regarding the current PS+ sale:

I still haven't redeemed my 14 day PS+ trial (I got the limited MGSV PS4 bundle last week). If I were to activate the trial and buy DRIVECLUB would I still be able to play it after the trial lapsed? It's only the free games they lock you out of, correct?

Top Bottom