• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

nib95

Banned
First post on here as my registration has finally been authorised. I've really enjoyed reading this thread over the past few months, It makes a change to see nice constructive conversations.

Anyway, I thought I might shed some light on the drifting scores your talking about. I'm not a real fan of the drift events, but they do make a nice change sometimes.

It's deceptive watching peoples ghosts as they only show the drifts from just before the orange drift marker. I couldn't work out how people were getting stupidly high scores either so I spent a bit of time searching youtube videos to try and figure it out. It appears that the drift score is calculated well before you enter the drift zone. Therefore if you can start the drift really early in a speed zone and carry it through to the end of the drift section then you'll get a huge score. Maplewood in the wet is the easiest place to test it for yourself. Here's a video I saved when I was testing the theory, keep an eye on the drift score in the last section :

Youtube - Maplewood Drift

That's got to be a glitch of some sort. Your drift points start at 1600 and go up in the thousands instead of the hundreds lol. This makes sense now. I was doing a drift challenge earlier where the guy in first place had 30k plus, but a bulk of it was from this one small drift segment. I just couldn't even get close. I think the best I managed was 20k, but that was with what I felt was a pretty flawless run. Hope Rushy and team can sort it out, because it's ruining the fun of drift challenges somewhat.

DD

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Feel free to add me on PSN, i'm on DC most days playing MP or challenges. PSN ID: firetrappe.

Glad my first post was useful. Oh and thanks whoever downvoted my video already, 16 views and 1 downvote.. 6 more and i'll feel like part of the family lol.

Bwahaha! Is always seven? I posted a video here a few days ago and it got downvoted exactly seven times.

Welcome, mate!

z3phon

I've got a question regarding wheels. I got my first wheel for this game the thrustmaster t300rs and I've noticed a rotation angle adjustment setting for the wheels in the game.
What exactly does this setting do. I've noticed it locking the wheel at a lower degree but does this effect how much a car turns?
Whats the benefit/difference of having the angle set to 1080 vs 270?
Sorry if this is a very stupid question, first time using a driving wheel :p.

I've got a question regarding wheels. I got my first wheel for this game the thrustmaster t300rs and I've noticed a rotation angle adjustment setting for the wheels in the game.
What exactly does this setting do. I've noticed it locking the wheel at a lower degree but does this effect how much a car turns?
Whats the benefit/difference of having the angle set to 1080 vs 270?
Sorry if this is a very stupid question, first time using a driving wheel :p.

Not a wheel user myself but I'm guessing it allows you to adjust how far you need to turn to get to full lock - bigger distance means better fine adjustment but it can make controlling a slide trickier (further to turn to opposite lock)

nib95

Banned
Ok, so which one of you is Sirenty? For some reason I keep finishing Tour events only a few hundredth of a second behind you, and to add insult to injury, just one single position behind on the leader boards to match lol. It's not even like I'm trying to be competitive with your times, by chance I end up right behind you lol.

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150911221319.jpg~original

DRIVECLUBtrade_20150911221324.jpg~original

Has also happened a few times with Vix79 lol.

First post on here as my registration has finally been authorised. I've really enjoyed reading this thread over the past few months, It makes a change to see nice constructive conversations.

Anyway, I thought I might shed some light on the drifting scores your talking about. I'm not a real fan of the drift events, but they do make a nice change sometimes.

It's deceptive watching peoples ghosts as they only show the drifts from just before the orange drift marker. I couldn't work out how people were getting stupidly high scores either so I spent a bit of time searching youtube videos to try and figure it out. It appears that the drift score is calculated well before you enter the drift zone. Therefore if you can start the drift really early in a speed zone and carry it through to the end of the drift section then you'll get a huge score. Maplewood in the wet is the easiest place to test it for yourself. Here's a video I saved when I was testing the theory, keep an eye on the drift score in the last section :

Youtube - Maplewood Drift

Welcome to the fold! :)

Thanks for posting this, that's a really interesting discovery. This is exactly one of the tracks where i often notice those stupidly high scores. The funny thing is that i'm already sort of doing this, initiating my drift slightly before the drift zone, in order to hit the ground running when i enter it, but it never occurred to me to do it this early. Amazing find!

nib95

Banned
Just hit Level 66 and unlocked the Renault Sport RS 01. What a little beast. Drives more like a hyper car than it does a super, though I did expect the brake stopping distance to be bit shorter given the type of car it is. Sounds and handles fantastic though. Only big downside is that in cockpit view there's a glitch whereby I can see through my drivers jacket lol. Hope they sort that.

No, Sirenty is a Gaffer... called Sirenty.

Oh lol. Now that you mention it, the name does indeed sound familiar…
chin.gif

farmerboy

Ok, so which one of you is Sirenty? For some reason I keep finishing Tour events only a few hundredth of a second behind you, and to add insult to injury, just one single position behind on the leader boards to match lol. It's not even like I'm trying to be competitive with your times, by chance I end up right behind you lol.
Has also happened a few times with Vix79 lol.

Embarrassment for me with my times on those leaderboards. If I get the star I hardly ever go around again to improve.

As for Sirenty, he has a seriously good knack at just finishing ahead. I lovvveee Ghost n Goblins but seeing that avatar of his just above me all the time is even turning me off that game. LOL.

Auctopus

Vix 79 is Knavish :) The leaderboards are a bit weird now and don't show everyone on your friends list until you click on it, just seems to be the same few every time from the challenge screen.

Leaderboards have always been a bit funny, only part of the game I'd really like improving.

Duallusion

Vix 79 is knavish? Was in a couple of races with him and TRP (and anythingbutt66 if I remember correctly) the other night. All of 'em fine gentlemen (reminding me how I suck against top 10% players:)) but there was also this annoying dipshit (raysomethingx2 or something like that) who just had to aggressively ram people (or just me, I'm not sure) even though he would've been just fine racing properly. Worst of the bunch, these kind of "racers".

Private lobbies can't come soon enough, in other words, even though GAF one will probably turn out to be annoying for another reason; a whole bunch of top players making the rest of us look like a bunch of total amatuers lol.

Hi. :)

Those times are pretty funny. Looks like I need to go add 5.1 seconds to European showdown. ;)

Edit: Couldn't get the time close enough, but I did get the single place. lol

aEbywN3.jpg

Argh! I hadn't noticed my name on those pics before, I'm not lurking down between 2000 & 8000+ for much longer!

Vix 79 is knavish? Was in a couple of races with him and TRP (and anythingbutt66 if I remember correctly) the other night. All of 'em fine gentlemen (reminding me how I suck against top 10% players:)) but there was also this annoying dipshit (raysomethingx2 or something like that) who just had to aggressively ram people (or just me, I'm not sure) even though he would've been just fine racing properly. Worst of the bunch, these kind of "racers".

Private lobbies can't come soon enough, in other words, even though GAF one will probably turn out to be annoying for another reason; a whole bunch of top players making the rest of us look like a bunch of total amatuers lol.

Yeah TRP, Knavish and Anythingbut are all fast clean guys to race with, just too bloody fast! I've run into that Raygun dude a few times too and yeah it's annoying when someone quick has to resort to dirty tactics, it also makes them tough to catch after they've stuffed you into a wall!

About time we had another rally I think!

I wonder how far the app is away. Will be helpful for rallies.

Yeah TRP was asking for one too - I was thinking of either doing India with the ps+ cars (could be bigger & a lot of work tho) or that sprint event one where you get a free choice of car which I thought was interesting :) Yeah I wonder how much the app will do

T_Exige

Seems I need to replay those events :) way to low on the ladder.

I have been toying with "Dusk till down" but still not happy with the result.

Auctopus

Okay, think it's time I look for a new club as mine seems dead now. Would anyone have me?

All I ask is that you have all cars unlocked and are relatively active.

Okay, think it's time I look for a new club as mine seems dead now. Would anyone have me?

All I ask is that you have all cars unlocked and are relatively active.

We have an inactive member so ill have a word with the club leader about getting him kicked and bringing you in ;-) We'll have a damn good team for the private servers!

Yeah TRP was asking for one too - I was thinking of either doing India with the ps+ cars (could be bigger & a lot of work tho) or that sprint event one where you get a free choice of car which I thought was interesting :) Yeah I wonder how much the app will do
Well what I'm wanting for rallies from it is just to be able to quickly see if I've been had without having to boot up the console.

I did see your Sprint thing a page or two back and did begin to give it a go but there was too much freedom and I ended up not being arsed :p

Well what I'm wanting for rallies from it is just to be able to quickly see if I've been had without having to boot up the console.

I did see your Sprint thing a page or two back and did begin to give it a go but there was too much freedom and I ended up not being arsed :p

Righto, maybe do one with the sprints but the usual challenge based thing where the cars are preselected. Fancy setting some of the courses again?

airjoca

Holy fuck.

If you go to the Evolution challenges, the second drift you'll see is in India with a Lamborghini. Renault74 is leading.

I've never seen so many points in such a small drift section. He does around 13k where I do 1.5k. And I'm usually good at the "keep the right angle and score big" technique.

Evo should really do something about this.

Holy fuck.

If you go to the Evolution challenges, the second drift you'll see is in India with a Lamborghini. Renault74 is leading.

I've never seen so many points in such a small drift section. He does around 13k where I do 1.5k. And I'm usually good at the "keep the right angle and score big" technique.

Evo should really do something about this.

Yeah, i just tried it. It's amazing, i beat him in all but one zone, the second drift, where i'm 11k behind. :D

It's him and freddeeze who are topping the drift leaderboards most of the time, pretty incredible. I'm surprised though that there's quite a few people in this challenge who must have scored big on that corner.

Edit: Heh, i see i'm in good GAF company on the leaderboard, just in front of Nib and Firetrappe, nice coincidence. :)

Edit 2: Oh, i don't know why i never noticed this before, but renault74 and freddeeze are in the same club, makes sense.

Firetrappe

Neo Member
Edit: Heh, i see i'm in good GAF company on the leaderboard, just in front of Nib and Firetrappe, nice coincidence. :)
Yeah I've been trying to work out the trick. Again it looks like speedzone drifting. I'm pretty sure people are drifting from the first drift zone, through the speedzone and into the second. Getting the angle right is almost impossible though!

Edit: here you go, finally cracked it! https://youtu.be/O_PfW1VEhtM

Sure, why not? Last time I tried this event, I was also one spot above Shannow.

Damn your fast bud! We used to be pretty even but from the scoreboards you seem to be constantly above me these days.

Lol look at the Kie slowcoach down in 6946! I should imagine that situation will be rectified soon - TRP was messaging me last night about it, he was trying to get first place with a 2:02.2

Denur

Damn your fast bud! We used to be pretty even but from the scoreboards you seem to be constantly above me these days.
Thanks! But I do feel that I'm cheating a bit nowadays, by having changed a few things. First I put on the steering assist (still using the T300 wheel). No idea what it does, but it doesn't seem to make me go slower, so I keep it like that. Next, I now sometimes use the side of the road to slow the cars down a bit before a corner, but without unbalancing the car (something I see Kie do in his videos). And I use the wheel more like a controller, steering much harder than what feels natural to me with a wheel.

airjoca

Yeah I've been trying to work out the trick. Again it looks like speedzone drifting. I'm pretty sure people are drifting from the first drift zone, through the speedzone and into the second. Getting the angle right is almost impossible though!

Edit: here you go, finally cracked it!

Mystery solved. Thanks a lot :)

You're a legend! :D
I tried starting the second drift early in the first speed zone, but that didn't do much. Little did i know it was still the first drift, what a twist.

nib95

Banned
Sure, why not? Last time I tried this event, I was also one spot above Shannow.

Damn dude. You just went and dropped the mic.

Awesome. I was like 25th or something without doing this trick. Had no idea it required a follow on from the first drift. Will have another crack at it now. Really hope Evo fix this glitch though.

DD

Why? Just don't use them. I dislike muscle cars so I don't go near them.

I don't like 'em because I feel they don't belong among the other real life cars. And I usually find they over-exaggerated and ugly. They break the immersion of the game. Feels like they're toys. :c

You're welcome, oh and thanks for the FR :)

Likewise! It's really great someone could finally shed some light on this drifting business, i was losing my mind for a while, until i just gave up trying to understand how some people do that. Keep up the good work! :)

Awesome. I was like 25th or something without doing this trick. Had no idea it required a follow on from the first drift. Will have another crack at it now. Really hope Evo fix this glitch though.

I hope you'll have more luck than me, i gave up after half an hour. I only managed to do it once in that time and even then i didn't really hit the jackpot in the second drift area with only 4k points. Still, better than before, but even with a video guide i found it really hard to do. Maybe i'll do better tomorrow, when i'm rested.

Top Bottom