• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Ainsz

I did find some people had rather wide elbows. It can be tricky, especially with the field so tight. Will probably take some getting used to. At one point we were three abreast and the gap was getting tighter and tighter and I'm thinking my car won't fit in a minute then sure enough I spun out because I was pushed to the barrier on the edge, but really it was my line to keep.

All part of the fun though!

I just laugh off any incident, especially if it wasn't really their fault. I thought it was hilerious when you went flying across the track and back across into my path on Wester Ross, and couldn't help but laugh too on Atlantic Road where I think it was Skillet and AnythingBut colliding, I managed to avoid them but I think you went ploughing right into them behind me.

Also, I think people need to allow for the odd mistake. I was guilty to one of those on Maplewood, came in way too hot on the hairpin and cut Button up a bit, but I knew I did bad so I came off the gas and headed to the outside of the track but he proceeded to ram me off the track.

Not sure that's really required. If someone is ramming, cutting up all race long, no doubt get revenge but one mistake.. bit much, by all means call me a ignoramus and scream at your TV but if you're mad at losing time ramming me isn't going to solve that.

Saw him do it to someone else too.

And anyone notice he gives off like permanent tyre smoke, it's like driving through cloud behind him, not that's he's close enough in front of you for too long :p

It's can get tricky on the corners when everyone is in one big pack rather than in public where race everyone always seems to get split up in to two packs. I made a few mistakes and caused a few accidents aswell.l The dampened collisions help a lot I think. I think with standard collisions, too many massive pile ups would be caused just from minor errors.

Sirenty

I love that you can do elite levels right from your profile now, and that it shows the time while running. It made running those a lot easier from a usability perspective. A couple comments though:

1) The challnge shows Evo's time, and the time to beat, but it also shows the ghost of someone with a faster time than you. However, it doesn't show their time. So I got confused sometimes on whose ghost I was seeing, and whether I was beating the challenge or someone else. It also didn't help that sometimes Evo's ghost didn't show.

2) I'd love for there to be a way to access the elite challenges after the fact. Once I close out of the challenge, I have to go look the details up on the internet if I want to try to better my time.

3) Pretty unlikely, but I would love a tour dedicated to challenges like those. Or maybe just a tour of all the elite level challenges?

It's can get tricky on the corners when everyone is in one big pack rather than in public where race everyone always seems to get split up in to two packs. I made a few mistakes and caused a few accidents aswell.l The dampened collisions help a lot I think. I think with standard collisions, too many massive pile ups would be caused just from minor errors.
Yeah you were the one who squeezed me into an ice wall, but you yourself were being squeezed by someone on the outside of you.

But I doubt they could see me on their screen, and even if they could I doubt they could see enough to know we'd be running out of room.

As I said though, it's all part of the fun!

The Twin'Run on BHR was pretty fun, everyone flying off everywhere.

Yeah you were the one who squeezed me into an ice wall, but you yourself were being squeezed by someone on the outside of you.

But I doubt they could see me on their screen, and even if they could I doubt they could see enough to know we'd be running out of room.

As I said though, it's all part of the fun!

The Twin'Run on BHR was pretty fun, everyone flying off everywhere.

I was behind the 3 of you when that happened, I could see it occurring but not much you could do, and it fired you all over to the opposite barrier when you hit - normally you just get slowed by the dirt on the inside if you get squeezed but there wasn't any give in that ice wall!

I felt that race in my first vid was a bit clumsy, nearly collected Mango when I missed my braking point on the 2nd left hander and squeezed a few guys on the inside.

Lol those twin runs on BHR were bloody awful, sweeping bends and a car that likes to turn at 90 degrees!

I think it'd be better if everyone used lobby chat rather than separate party chat sessions so you can talk about rules etc to everyone at the same time but when peeps are getting disconnected so often it's way quicker to get back in if your in a party.

Rushy, any news on what the source of the app crashing while in a private lobby may be?

Today I had another bunch of crashes. We tried something. The same people that were unable to play in a private lobby for more than 10 minutes, tried playing matchmaking. And we found out that matchmaking just works fine. No crashes, no ce-34878-0, no issues. Playing public matchmaking is not something I enjoy, but it works fine.

I deleted Driveclub from my PS4 and I'm downloading it again to see if it fixes anything.

Any advice on what to try to fix this from my end would be really appreciated.

man i suck at this game. do you think if i turn braking assist all the way up i'll be able to get stars still? lol

Some stars maybe for races, but time trials and drift challenges would be impossible. You can get most of the stars in the early part of the game at least using "low" brake assists but anything higher makes things pretty much impossible from what I've played.

I'm almost done with my first playthrough on the Bikes DLC. Just got the Scotland cup and the last load of events to clear... The race I just finished (one on one race set in Japan) was a real pig for me to complete. I just could not tackle the turns well enough to get ahead of my rival. Even now I only have 2/3 challenges complete (as I wasn't willing to try for a stoppie when I was actually doing well!). When it did click though I did manage to take corners perfectly and build a decent enough lead to at least stay ahead for 45+ seconds...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
We have a spot in GAF NSW - send a request

Wonderful - sent a request.

Question! Is it worth trying to learn to drive with no brake assist, manual transmission, cockpit view, and not looking at the map? Like, does that enhance the overall experience enough to make it worth my time?

Question! Is it worth trying to learn to drive with no brake assist, manual transmission, cockpit view, and not looking at the map? Like, does that enhance the overall experience enough to make it worth my time?
10 million percent yes. Absolutely worth it.

Start up a time trial in a setting you like best, on one of the road courses so you can lap as much as you want, set the time for dusk or dawn or 60x to see it all, disable HUD elements and just drive. I've spent so many hours doing the same and it only gets better.

hamchan

Wonderful - sent a request.

Just no brake assist really. The game isn't very harsh with its mechanics anyways.

Automatic/manual, camera view and looking at the minimap is all personal preference.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
10 million percent yes. Absolutely worth it.

Start up a time trial in a setting you like best, on one of the road courses so you can lap as much as you want, set the time for dusk or dawn or 60x to see it all, disable HUD elements and just drive. I've spent so many hours doing the same and it only gets better.

Fantastic!

So I tried a track just now with these restraints (I didn't disable HUD...I just didn't look at the map). I gotta say - it feels pretty rad. It reminds me of when I got the wheel itch on PS3. :3

But yeah, I'm going to dive into this more over the next few days. I don't quite understand the interaction between braking/shifting/accelerating, but once I do, I imagine this will feel kind of fancy.

Shaneus

Fantastic!

So I tried a track just now with these restraints (I didn't disable HUD...I just didn't look at the map). I gotta say - it feels pretty rad. It reminds me of when I got the wheel itch on PS3. :3

But yeah, I'm going to dive into this more over the next few days. I don't quite understand the interaction between braking/shifting/accelerating, but once I do, I imagine this will feel kind of fancy.
Disable the HUD, seriously. Just push the right arrow on the d-pad, that'll alternate it on and off.

drotahorror

I'm almost done with my first playthrough on the Bikes DLC. Just got the Scotland cup and the last load of events to clear... The race I just finished (one on one race set in Japan) was a real pig for me to complete. I just could not tackle the turns well enough to get ahead of my rival. Even now I only have 2/3 challenges complete (as I wasn't willing to try for a stoppie when I was actually doing well!). When it did click though I did manage to take corners perfectly and build a decent enough lead to at least stay ahead for 45+ seconds...

I was doing that one yesterday, very frustrating. Also, soon after that is a 9 lap race on a track I can't remember, basically an 8-10min race. The AI is really ramped up. I have 3 starred 95% of the events until the japan 1v1 ducati one and that 9 lap one.

Rushy

when i am offline i got only 2 first sprint tracks for each country,it doens't show up the other tracks, but when connected i have all sprint tracks Available to date.
Thanks, we've found the issue - we'll have this fixed in a future update. Sprint tracks, like all other cars and tracks should be available both on and offline.

Rushy, any news on what the source of the app crashing while in a private lobby may be?

Today I had another bunch of crashes. We tried something. The same people that were unable to play in a private lobby for more than 10 minutes, tried playing matchmaking. And we found out that matchmaking just works fine. No crashes, no ce-34878-0, no issues. Playing public matchmaking is not something I enjoy, but it works fine.

I deleted Driveclub from my PS4 and I'm downloading it again to see if it fixes anything.

Any advice on what to try to fix this from my end would be really appreciated.
We've got to the bottom of the problem, and we've fixed it for the next update. It's an issue related to your router/ISP, its sending packets out of order which results in the error. Whilst you wait for the upcoming game update you might be able to minimise this issue by trying the following:

> Enable Google DNS
> Replace your stock router from your ISP (BT Home Hub, Virgin Media hub, and the rest are generally terrible devices not really fit for purpose).
> Try played wired rather than wireless.

I was doing that one yesterday, very frustrating. Also, soon after that is a 9 lap race on a track I can't remember, basically an 8-10min race. The AI is really ramped up. I have 3 starred 95% of the events until the japan 1v1 ducati one and that 9 lap one.

I can see me taking my time on the 9 lap race... Oh well, can't be worse than the dusk 'till dawn race in the midnight tour!

I can see me taking my time on the 9 lap race... Oh well, can't be worse than the dusk 'till dawn race in the midnight tour!

I didn't find it that bad at all, the car endurance event had you driving the RUF Ctr2 against quicker cars and you really had to work to gain places and complete the challenges - I found the challenges easy on the bike event so could just concentrate on winning (you only need 3rd to clear it).

It's been mentioned before but the Elite levels didn't feel that elite at all this time around :-( Must be tricky to get the difficulty right.

Just had a thought, how about your name changes colour to gold, silver or bronze if you are currently in the top 50, 100 or 500 of all the Elite level challenges? That way the challenges difficulty would kind of self regulate as people try to climb up to the next level... It'd keep the Elite levels in constant use instead of just being beaten and forgotten...

hccore

Neo Member
Thanks, we've found the issue - we'll have this fixed in a future update. Sprint tracks, like all other cars and tracks should be available both on and offline.

Nice! So the next update comes with this fixes plus enhanced visuals effects? =)

My leaderboards are suddenly defaulting to global when it used to be friends. Anyway to change it back?
It goes to Friends if your friends have times, if not it'll do Global.

Are they the same events/cars/etc that you looked at before?

Might be it failed to pull down Friends then failed back to Global maybe?

We've got to the bottom of the problem, and we've fixed it for the next update. It's an issue related to your router/ISP, its sending packets out of order which results in the error. Whilst you wait for the upcoming game update you might be able to minimise this issue by trying the following:

> Enable Google DNS
> Replace your stock router from your ISP (BT Home Hub, Virgin Media hub, and the rest are generally terrible devices not really fit for purpose).
Curiously I use Google DNS, and I play wired.

I only had it crash when AnythingBut was hosting though. I'm gonna blame his packets.

> Enable Google DNS
Knowing that you know the cause of the problem and that a fix is on the way is of great relief.

I'm already playing wired. I will talk to my brother about google dns and the router. He is a computer engineer, so he's the one in charge of our home network.

Thank you for coming back with an answer so quickly.

Auctopus

I'm already playing wired. I will talk to my brother about google dns and the router.

It would just require you to set-up your PS4's WiFi connection again and go through custom. Then when entering the DNS, enter 8.8.4.4. Be warned, this could slow down some network aspects and mess with things like iPlayer or Netflix.

krioto

Bike platinum achieved.

What a grind.

And the EBR trophy set is already there so I don't have 100%, argh!

What was the best way to increase the individual bike levels - I've only got 'weekend warrior' left, but only have about 3 bikes above level 10 at the moment?

Bike platinum achieved.

What a grind.

And the EBR trophy set is already there so I don't have 100%, argh!

Hmm I have a hidden trophy, weekend warrior and the platinum left - I take it the hidden is that achieve 6000 points in 2 mins that someone posted before. Getting level 15 on all bike is gonna take some work!

Hmm I have a hidden trophy, weekend warrior and the platinum left - I take it the hidden is that achieve 6000 points in 2 mins that someone posted before. Getting level 15 on all bike is gonna take some work!
Nah it is
be in photo mode for an hour
and
send a challenge to 10 or more people

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm pretty bad at this whole "racing without assists" thing. Any good tutorials on how to understand speed, braking and shifting as they are supposed to interact?

Shaneus

So I'm pretty bad at this whole "racing without assists" thing. Any good tutorials on how to understand speed, braking and shifting as they are supposed to interact?
I just had a quick google and it doesn't get more basic than this. With how basic that article is, it should be just fine to apply to something like DC.

nib95

Banned
AnyMeekGharial.gif

Given this is my favourite car, this GIF…..Let me pick my jaw off the floor and wipe away the tears.

Also just happen to be leaving for Japan a few hours from now! :D

What was the best way to increase the individual bike levels - I've only got 'weekend warrior' left, but only have about 3 bikes above level 10 at the moment?

I reproduce how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tocXnCuTKx0

Basicly you need to do stoppie while holding R2, too. Left analog up -> L2 -> R2. Then you need to carefully adjust the balance of the bike by controlling your left analog.

I hope it helps.

T_Exige

These bike time trials are giving me a hard time, harder than all the car events.
It is hard to explain, but the driving with bikes doesn't click, the cars go so fluent in the corners etc. (gamepad)
To compare with the cars my rank is around 80-240 and with bikes 1000-2500.

These bike time trials are giving me a hard time, harder than all the car events.
It is hard to explain, but the driving with bikes doesn't click, the cars go so fluent in the corners etc. (gamepad)
To compare with the cars my rank is around 80-240 and with bikes 1000-2500.

Are you using the 3rd person camera view? I found it impossible to be competitive without using it.

Other than that, the bikes take longer to go from lock to lock so in a combination of corners you have to start turning for the second corner a lot earlier to get the bike upright and down again. If you post a vid of the trial your struggling with I'm sure you'll get better advice.

Yeah for me bikes have better flow than cars. But if you don't get one corner right, the next corner will be even worse.

Knowing when you can go hard on the gas out of a corner helps too. Compared to how I drive a car there was a lot more coasting involved.

On a side note, Evolution Studios is currently playing Need For Speed™. Outrageous.

Yeah for me bikes have better flow than cars. But if you don't get one corner right, the next corner will be even worse.

Knowing when you can go hard on the gas out of a corner helps too. Compared to how I drive a car there was a lot more coasting involved.

On a side note, Evolution Studios is currently playing Need For Speed™. Outrageous.

Yep the bikes like less adjustment in a bend which really went against how I normally drive, feel great when you get the flow right tho :)

Lol NFS! Always good to check the opposition out I guess, that Evo dev from the other night plays project cars a lot too hehe

Jamesways

This is why I love bike games. The feel of the flow when you know a track is so good. The positioning in and out of each corner sets up the next one.

Easier with circuits for me, but I can really get into a state of zen with bikes.

DC's bikes have totally ruined RIDE for me though. It's really hard to go back to that from a graphics perspective. I should do a couple comparison videos, without sounding like hyperbole, it really is an example of a next gen leap.

Denur

I noticed that too, and laughed out loud. Probably because I had not expected them to use their Evolution Studios account for that. But I'm glad they did though, because it shows their love for racing games and/or are curious about how the other ones are doing. :tup:

Top Bottom