• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

I'll ask the code team to see what's possible. I can't make any promises though.

So in short it is the possibility of steering with the left stick and accelerate and brake with the left stick.

But Rushy, even if it isn't possible, you already have my thanks for asking. I really love this game to bits and also the way you and Evolution Studios are listening to questions of fans of the game.

I will show my gratitude by buyng all the DLC for this awesome game!

Thanks!

Sirenty

Is it me or is it impossible to get good laps in third person CAR view?

Seems like it must be hood, or forget it.Why?

I play 99% in third person and I think I do okay. I can get on the gas slightly sooner at times in hood cam, but I don't like not being able to see as far down the track,or around other cars if in a race.

hccore

Neo Member
Rushy, that new texture test is pretty cool but are you guys looking into other effects, like maybe adding more (or better) AA on cars/bikes or better AF on ground textures?
Road textures would greatly benefit from better AF/texture filtering... It would make a major impact on graphics overall. Especially from the cockpit view.

This, and give us more wheater options on single race, like no rain but wet road, clear day to a storm, etc... Please ? :)

I don't know. I always play in third person view and I'm among the best with my friends. Maybe you need to spend some more time in third person view to get used to it.

I'm with you with the cars, I just can't get the same feel in the chase cam tho there are lots of advantages to using it. When I change from bikes back to cars it makes me realise how little I can see around me (chase cam is the only way to go for bikes if you want to be competitive).

drotahorror

I know this is dumb to ask but is there an easier way to tell what track you're about to play besides looking at the logo? Sometimes I can read it but other times the logo is so small I can't tell what it says, even if get up close to the screen.

I know this is dumb to ask but is there an easier way to tell what track you're about to play besides looking at the logo? Sometimes I can read it but other times the logo is so small I can't tell what it says, even if get up close to the screen.

Nope, not that I'm aware of - you do learn the icons eventually if you play lots tho!

Here's another vid to share...

https://youtu.be/uN6ol76ZBOc

I'd had a poor start whilst Ainsz had gotten away from the pack chased by Skillet. I'd been using the BMW all night (double fame points!) so was getting pretty confident with it - I love it when you have the confidence to really attack the bends with your head whizzing past the barriers which you see at the start of this vid. Anyway a couple of mistakes from Ainsz led to it being a 3 way battle to the #surprise! finish :)

What's this about the season pass going 50% off? Is that true? Was just about to buy it through the store but if it's going on sale I will wait.

They really should have brought the rest of their club. ;)

https://youtu.be/_ujy3wjIfHw

.....I'd hate to wonder what might happen if they play alone online,spare a thought for them everyone! ^^

The protagonists in this vid don't surprise me at all, Papo999 is the loudmouth twat who accused me of deliberately ramming him (in March!) and along with his team mates or buddies has tried to take me out whenever we've been in a race together ever since.

So this is me 'deliberately' ramming him..

https://youtu.be/HIrx-WPboDc

And this is his friends several months later...

https://youtu.be/1XdyPDj-VlI

Murray97

I can't decide between buying the bike dlc or the season pass.

I imagine the season pass probably has more for you to do but the bikes look very fun.

The protagonists in this vid don't surprise me at all, Papo999 is the loudmouth twat who accused me of deliberately ramming him (in March!) and along with his team mates or buddies has tried to take me out whenever we've been in a race together ever since.

So this is me 'deliberately' ramming him..

https://youtu.be/HIrx-WPboDc

And this is his friends several months later...

https://youtu.be/1XdyPDj-VlI
Are they from Austria?

Rushy

What's this about the season pass going 50% off? Is that true? Was just about to buy it through the store but if it's going on sale I will wait.
It true, and now available at the discounted price!

It's £4.99 on the UK Store & €6.50 on the EU Stores.

And if you're only a PS+ Edition owner you can still buy and use all of the content in included!

Now that we have had Buell bikes added in, I wonder if Evolution is going to add one of my favorite and most unique American bikes: The Harley VR1000?

vrrights.jpg

First pure racing bike Harley ever made, and only legal in one place: Poland. In fact, apparently Harley is resurrecting it again!

Also, we sorely need Suzuki GSX-R's and a Hayabusa!

Shaneus

Additional customisation?
Curious to see what you mean! :)
I'd be happy even if it's just livery placement a la PGR4. Custom club emblem size/placement would be great too, ours just looks too damn big/ugly on some cars :(

While we're at it, I'd love a car walk-around mode, where you can actually somewhat simulate the "getting into car" sequence, as well as just walking around the car, opening the door and taking some photos. If the game lacks anything atmosphere-wise, it's that.

It's been said many times before, but I will say it again. Best post launch support ever. I just downloaded the bikes DLC...... Jesus... Dash cam!

Yep I totally agree, the mood at Evo studios must be such a contrast from about a year ago. Even though they've obviously gone through tough times with the downsizing, there surely must be a great buzz there knowing that they have pretty much turned what was probably one of the biggest failed launches in Sonys history to what the game has become today. They say to learn from your mistakes and Evo have just kept on learning and listening, they've done pretty much everything right and I can't wait to see what Rushy and the guys have coming up in the near and distant future.

Rushy

Some of our top 5 racers use 3rd person (and even automatic gears). There are no distinct advantages to any view - its purely personal preference.

Rushy pls

driveclub_20151119150mzug4.jpg

granturismo6_1wnung.jpg

Fix this camera angle and copy GT6's layout, but use the real car speedometers. And when are we getting a sampler bike to test? We can test some DLC cars so where's the bike? I need to test the feel before I buy the addon.

Rushy

Is manual standard for top-tier racers?

It's probably around 50/50 when it comes to top tier racers, but I was expecting more to use manual. Not because they offer a massive benefit necessarily, but because hardcore players generally tend to use them in racing games.

Makikou

I use AT. Being able to drop it down a gear or go one up while still having overall benefits of AT gears make it good for me. Never have defined a place where i would instantly lose time only because i don't run MT.

Also run in 3rd person mode.. on some conditions/tracks i can do better when using Bumper cam but thats only for hotlapping.

DD

Dash cam all the way. Can't use chase cam anymore, specially the weird one DC has. :p

And I use AT. Are there real benefits of using MT?

Dash cam all the way. Can't use chase cam anymore, specially the weird one DC has. :p

And I use AT. Are there real benefits of using MT?

I think the rev limiter has reduced a lot of the MT advantages you used to get in the GT games (using downshifting for additional braking) - the other advantages of MT like being able to short shift up to reduce wheelspin you can still do in AT (like Maki says).

Some of our top 5 racers use 3rd person (and even automatic gears). There are no distinct advantages to any view - its purely personal preference.

That'd be an interesting list to see! :)

Is this based on fame, challenge performance or some other stats that we don't see?

DD

I think the rev limiter has reduced a lot of the MT advantages you used to get in the GT games (using downshifting for additional braking) - the other advantages of MT like being able to short shift up to reduce wheelspin you can still do in AT (like Maki says).

I usually try to counter that with gentle throttle control. :3

Sirenty

I use AT. Being able to drop it down a gear or go one up while still having overall benefits of AT gears make it good for me. Never have defined a place where i would instantly lose time only because i don't run MT.

I've experimented with that, but I find when I manually change the gear and then rev it up, it'll bounce hard off redline before switching to the next gear, killing my drive. I just want to use a different gear than it selected once but otherwise stay in AT mode, but it seems once I decide I want to change a gear manually it thinks we're now in manual mode for good and I have to start manually shifting.

Have you had this problem?

T_Exige

I am using 3rd person and AT.

Is there any reason why some cars only have 1 color? Even though some of them have more than 1 official color in real life.

Ps: I have 2 spots in my lv55 club

IKizzLE

3rd person
AT

I usually race manual in every racing game I play but did not perceive any real benefit for using manual in this game.

Makikou

I've experimented with that, but I find when I manually change the gear and then rev it up, it'll bounce hard off redline before switching to the next gear, killing my drive. I just want to use a different gear than it selected once but otherwise stay in AT mode, but it seems once I decide I want to change a gear manually it thinks we're now in manual mode for good and I have to start manually shifting.

Have you had this problem?

Yeah you have to upshift yourself, then just let it be and it'll be AT again. The automatic transmission lets you have full control without taking over so it is actually possible to bounce on rev limiter if you want to do so. I think it's for like 3-5s. It never goes to MT for good.

AT and far chase represent.

I can't be arsed to learn the gears.

Also given that I'm not inside the car I've lost all feeling and feedback the car is giving me so I need to either hear what it is doing, or see what it is doing. And I feel chase gives you far better feel for what the car is about to do next.

Top Bottom