• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

The update history on the console says the new tour is available on the store, along with the cars but I'm guessing that's wrong and it's 15th December.

Kinda annoying that you can't get ELITE level 25 as a result.

Rushy

New update is awesome! Evolution <3
Hey Rushy, any chance of 1 bike for non-bike owners, so we can give it a go and see if it's for us? Thanks and keep up the good work!

That's exactly what the new KTM is for!

If you only own DRIVECLUB and not BIKES you can use the KTM X-BOW to reach the required accolade, which will unlock the new KTM for you to use (EDIT: or alternatively pay for an instant unlock on the 15th when the store content goes live).

So all DRIVECLUB players, including the PS+ Edition owners (as the X-Bow is a free download) can try out a bike now :)

MMaRsu

Yo Rushy any chance of splitscreen at 900/720p with some reduced effects? Everytime I play this with a mate we are passing the controller and while thats all good, splitscreen would be dope.

Also why the f am I being attacked in the DC update thread because I feel that easy mode is a step backwards for this game? All I said was if people want to get better they should practice. You know like everything else in life, you cant excel from the get go. Damn People are hostile

Full chrome everything.

The Rimac would be one of the level 15 cars I have, wouldn't it.

mygreatcapturescreensupp05.png

5taquitos

Yo Rushy any chance of splitscreen at 900/720p with some reduced effects? Everytime I play this with a mate we are passing the controller and while thats all good, splitscreen would be dope.

Also why the f am I being attacked in the DC update thread because I feel that easy mode is a step backwards for this game? All I said was if people want to get better they should practice. You know like everything else in life, you cant excel from the get go. Damn People are hostile

Because your posts were elitist as fuck. These options don't affect you at all, but you're talking down to people who are looking forward to them so that they can *gasp* enjoy the game they paid for.

MMaRsu

Because your posts were elitist as fuck. These options don't affect you at all, but you're talking down to people who are looking forward to them so that they can *gasp* enjoy the game they paid for.

Its not condescending OR elitist OR hostile to say that if someone wants to get better at something they have to practice. Just like anything.else in this world. Or did you ride your bike to school without falling the first time ( metaphor ).

5taquitos

Its not condescending OR elitist OR hostile to say that if someone wants to get better at something they have to practice. Just like anything.else in this world. Or did you ride your bike to school without falling the first time ( metaphor ).

No, but I did use training wheel, like most kids. But this is just a metaphor.

MMaRsu

Well do you understand what I mean lol?

Want to get better > practice.

I dont see how thats 'elitist'.

Most people itt picked the game up day one. They have simply gotten better by practice. Sure some are already better skilled than others, but all of us had to learn how to play the game.

Pachimari

I'm glad that they added the easy mode for people who were else turned off the difficulty. It's only a good thing that they can get joy out of the game that way. I won't go for the silver stars, especially as I have worked to get all of the gold stars the last couple of weeks, and it's so satisfying every time I succeed. I love it.

Nyx

Well do you understand what I mean lol?

Want to get better > practice.

I dont see how thats 'elitist'.

Most people itt picked the game up day one. They have simply gotten better by practice. Sure some are already better skilled than others, but all of us had to learn how to play the game.

You have to understand though that there's also people that bought the game on day 1 but shelved it within hours/days because they couldn't drive as good as you and therefore had a more frustrating than fun experience.

I convinced three real life friends to pick up the game on day 1, two of them stopped playing within the first week because they crashed all the time.

I'm sure these guys will be happy to know that there's options now to make the game easier for them so they can start enjoying it as much as you and me do.

drotahorror

Sorry if this seems dumb but I didn't get to really look into things.

I noticed this morning when I was playing with the Wombat that it raised to level 7. So there are 2 different levels per car/manufacturer? Did the wombat ever have any levels for it until this patch? I was surprised it was lvl 7 since I've barely used it.

I noticed this morning when I was playing with the Wombat that it raised to level 7. So there are 2 different levels per car/manufacturer? Did the wombat ever have any levels for it until this patch? I was surprised it was lvl 7 since I've barely used it.

Yes, there's the manufacturer accolade, and in addition to that now every vehicle also has its own level progression. Some vehicles level up faster than others.

Levels for individual cars were added in this patch, and levels for the manufacturer were increased from 5 to 10.

AMG

Neo Member
There ya go. :)

3o8dp7D4GdhiL1rEgE.gif
There is so much win in that gif!! Wow, wow and wow! That is amazing! I now want fire in the races as we cross the finish line or some option for those flames and smoke. Photo mode will be the ultimate with that kind of detail! &#128077;&#127997;&#128077;&#127997;&#128077;&#127997;&#128077;&#127997;

That's exactly what the new KTM is for!

If you only own DRIVECLUB and not BIKES you can use the KTM X-BOW to reach the required accolade, which will unlock the new KTM for you to use (EDIT: or alternatively pay for an instant unlock on the 15th when the store content goes live).

So all DRIVECLUB players, including the PS+ Edition owners (as the X-Bow is a free download) can try out a bike now :)

Fantastic! It never even clicked when I read through the patch notes. Thanks Rushy. Looking forward to giving the bike a run :)

farmerboy

I think that is probably where it will be you can't really get anything more, hopefully if a Driveclub 2 ever happens it will be full different things etc, I'd personally rather a new motorstorm before a DRIVECLUB 2. Imagine what will be possible in few more years with that extra core that sony have let loose. I can only imagine how good a motorstorm game would look and play, especially if they go down the Pacific rift root, wasn't a big fan of Apocalypse felt to Hollywood over the top for me, preferred the setting and gameplay in pacific rift.

With regard to tracks for GT3 I think the race tracks they have now will fit them very well especially Norway race tracks.

I've never agreed with you more :)

MMaRsu

You have to understand though that there's also people that bought the game on day 1 but shelved it within hours/days because they couldn't drive as good as you and therefore had a more frustrating than fun experience.

I convinced three real life friends to pick up the game on day 1, two of them stopped playing within the first week because they crashed all the time.

I'm sure these guys will be happy to know that there's options now to make the game easier for them so they can start enjoying it as much as you and me do.

I do understand that. And Im not that good a racer. Why are your friends crashing all the time? Are they using braking before a corner? This game isnt that hard.. I'm quite stumped to see why someone would shelve it within a week, without actually trying to get better at the points where he or she is failing, why would they pick it up now?

Hasnt just the AI been adjusted or does the easy mode actually take care of the handling for you? This is what I'm wondering and why I dont understand why people need an 'easy mode' in this game.

MMaRsu

On the contrary, nothing is less elitist than that. Everyone can practice, everyone can get better.

Uhm that's exactly what I'm saying. If you practice you will get better, so ergo if you want to get better you must practice. Not sure what the contrary is there? Maybe you misunderstood my post?

Wait I think I misunderstood your post and you were agreeing with me haha.

Perfect analogy. I have a similar story with Wipeout HD. I'd never got on with any Wipeout previously; I found them too difficult and the only reason I picked up HD was for the "assist" mode.

Finally, I could enjoy a Wipeout game and I was hooked. Then, after some time, I thought I'd see if I could play without the assists. Lo and behold, I could, and then I really started to improve.

So if the new easy mode in DC only helps one person to bust past their limit and "graduate" to full-on DC, then it was totally worth it.

To all the "git gud" parrots, think of the bigger picture here; by reducing the barrier to entry (and enjoyment) it might actually result in more players wanting to "git gud".

farmerboy

@BradleyLove Not only that, but the more people playing DC and supporting EVO then the more chance we have of further content/DC2 or even (sweet baby Jesus please make it so) a new Motorstorm.

-Amon-

Uhm that's exactly what I'm saying. If you practice you will get better, so ergo if you want to get better you must practice. Not sure what the contrary is there? Maybe you misunderstood my post?

Wait I think I misunderstood your post and you were agreeing with me haha.

I was agreeing with you.

IKizzLE

Im not parrotting 'git gud'. I hate that stupid meme. All im saying is if you practice you will get better.

If you don't understand why people are jumping down your throat in the other thread then asking why in this thread will not help you understand.

I don't know why your even arguing this. Let people do whatever they want. If they don't want to practice but enjoy the game, this is an option. OPTIONS.

The fact that you won't even use this option and continue to argue with people is beyond me.

If you don't understand why people are jumping down your throat in the other thread then asking why in this thread will not help you understand.

I don't know why your even arguing this. Let people do whatever they want. If they don't want to practice but enjoy the game, this is an option. OPTIONS.

The fact that you won't even use this option and continue to argue with people is beyond me.

Because he has a hard time realizing when it's time to throw in the towel.

The fact of the matter is, that people are basically parroting 'git gud' and acting like DRIVECLUB is some super hardcore sim when in reality, it's a simcade racer, is fucking pathetic. You want true hardcore racing, go fucking play Project CARS or rFactor and bitch about the dirty casuals there. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the game with the rest of DRIVECLUB-GAF.

Though I shouldn't be surprised, DRIVECLUB threads bring out the worst of Gaming side, first for it's graphics, and now for a supposed Easy mode.

NewDust

Anybody noticed the tour list is now in reverse order? And that besides the coming AMG tour, there also is a new "coming soon" entry?

And to chime in on the silver difficulty option... Does it really matter? If it was there from the start, nobody would have said anything about it. Driving in Driveclub is not hard, but making an error can be devastating. Allowing people to drive a bit "safer", whilst still giving the earnable access to the content they paid for is a great thing. There is nobody stopping you from gold starring everything and get that true completion feeling.

How exactly does the easy mode work? Are the AI cars just slower and less aggressive? How will that affect leaderboards?

Slower/less aggressive AI could mean it's easier/quicker to get in front of the pack and allow faster times because you aren't held up as long. Most of the time it's pretty quick and easy to get to the front anyway but there's potential savings to be had if that is the case.

How exactly does the easy mode work? Are the AI cars just slower and less aggressive? How will that affect leaderboards?
Been wondering the same. Is it just auto-braking? Less aggro AI?

Leaderboards apply to every mode of the game, including and especially the Tour events, so this is a case where adding an option can change the game for all players.

But I also had no idea so many people found the game difficult, so I can absolutely understand why Evo wanted to do something along these lines.

NewDust

Slower/less aggressive AI could mean it's easier/quicker to get in front of the pack and allow faster times because you aren't held up as long. Most of the time it's pretty quick and easy to get to the front anyway but there's potential savings to be had if that is the case.

Been wondering the same. Is it just auto-braking? Less aggro AI?

Leaderboards apply to every mode of the game, including and especially the Tour events, so this is a case where adding an option can change the game for all players.

But I also had no idea so many people found the game difficult, so I can absolutely understand why Evo wanted to do something along these lines.

None of all that... "Easy mode" means you can collect silver stars, with easier requirements than the golds stars. So finish first, becomes finish top 3, or a lower laptime, etc, etc. This is completely separate from the braking assist. And setting ai difficulty is only possible in single races, not tour mode.

None of all that... "Easy mode" means you can collect silver stars, with easier requirements than the golds stars. So finish first, becomes finish top 3, or a lower laptime, etc, etc. This is completely separate from the braking assist. And setting ai difficulty is only possible in single races, not tour mode.
Gotcha, so this isn't an assist? Its actually different requirements for silver stars?

Pretty awesome solution if so, and I'd have less than zero problems with it, since the even playing field would still be perfectly maintained and leaderboards wouldn't be affected.

Good stuff. Thanks for the clarification. Can't say I've had too much trouble with the tour events in the game and what I've played of the season pass content but it's good to know it is more accessible for those that do. Practice does help a lot, too.

MMaRsu

Thats all good man, im not against options at all.

All I was wondering in that other thread is why do people need an easy mode. The thing I was saying in that thread is why do people not wish to practice in order to get better but would rather switch on an easy mode. Then ppl jumped on my throat for beeing an elitist and condescending. Nahh I wont stand for that.

I dont have a hard time throwing in the towel. Shit theres not even a towel needed to be thrown. I just dont agree people saying oh well now that it has an easy mode i will surely play it.

And since its just lower star requirements, people will still have to practice and learn the tracks if they dont want to crash all the time.

Posted by Silver Arrows
"The fact of the matter is, that people are basically parroting 'git gud' and acting like DRIVECLUB is some super hardcore sim when in reality, it's a simcade racer, is fucking pathetic. You want true hardcore racing, go fucking play Project CARS or rFactor and bitch about the dirty casuals there. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying the game with the rest of DRIVECLUB-GAF."

Dude noone is saying that, stop the bullshit. Who are these people you are referring too? Noone is talking about DC like a hardcore sim. You dont even know wtf u are talking about. We all know its a simcade, what the hell is your problem? That post is pathetic dude.

MMaRsu

It took me 1 time trial with a Merc to unlock the first new one.

I know that my friends will start doing tour events again now, cause it will be less frustrating for them than before.

But what was frustrating for them? The goals itself were unattainable? Or the way the handling works? Because Ive read more about people constantly crashing ( which this easy mode wont fix ), and not so much about the actual tour objectives beeing too hard.

Nyx

But what was frustrating for them? The goals itself were unattainable? Or the way the handling works? Because Ive read more about people constantly crashing ( which this easy mode wont fix ), and not so much about the actual tour objectives beeing too hard.

As I said earlier, they crashed or spinned out too much to have a good time.
With easier goals en perhaps brake-assists it will be less frustrating.

If any changes bring more people into the game then that's good by me. I'll not be using any driving aids (and loads won't be) so it's not going to affect how i play....but if it helps others enjoy it more then sod it,all power to 'em.

Bottom line is, if you enjoy the game....play it.....if you don't....bog off and play something else!
Tbh, Rushy and the guys @ Evolution are one of the best devs in regard of listing to the community and attempting to get their ideas into the game, for that they should be applauded.

Who bloody cares if someones slow as long as they're enjoying themselves, now....that's the whole point isn't it? :)

Top Bottom