• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Nyx

I'm a former Project Gotham Racing and Metropolitan Street Racer player. I just got this game and I'm very happy with my purchase thus far. I've only play a few hours so far but it's quite impressive.

It will only get better and better, congrats with your purchase.

Tommi84

So similarly to bikes, there'll be 15 levels.

We'll see how it goes. At least I will not loose any xp progress as at the beginning in October, when I drove quite a few cars and rank up mileage, but as the servers didn't work, this is not reflected when I check now.

DD

I'm still mad at Rushy cuz' he kind of shit'd on Grid Autosport when it came out last year, and that game is crazy good. But I can forgive this chap. He's doing good. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rushy

Some details on the Decembers update which is coming really soon:

> Unlock the KTM 1290 Super Duke R by completing Rank 10 of the KTM Owners Club Accolade!
> Driver & Elite Levels are now separate, so getting stuck on an Elite Objective won't halt your Driver Level progress.
> Private Lobbies has new Grid Ordering & Brake Assist settings. Plus New Friend Invite options.

CVPQsyZW4AAH5SV.jpg

Check out my twitter feed for more information: https://twitter.com/Rushy33

nib95

Banned

> Unlock the KTM 1290 Super Duke R by completing Rank 10 of the KTM Owners Club Accolade!
> Driver & Elite Levels are now separate, so getting stuck on an Elite Objective won't halt your Driver Level progress.
> Private Lobbies has new Grid Ordering & Brake Assist settings. Plus New Friend Invite options.

CVPQsyZW4AAH5SV.jpg

These in particular sound great. Don't have the bikes update yet, but soon.

desu

I think this will make some people really happy!

CVPQsyZW4AAH5SV.jpg

Available this week, yes!

Is the fix for the private lobbies crash included in this update?

Pachimari

Sweet and nice! Great job Rushy and crew!

To anyone playing DriveClub, please add me, and let me know you're from DriveClub GAF.

PSN: Anastacio

Shaneus

Yes it is :)
Is there a fix for starting in second gear when using X as upshift?

Also, I'm not sure I'm grasping the difference between the elite and driver levels... which one of those (usually) unlocks content? I think I have enough fame to be a few levels higher than I am, but need to complete a task or two... how will this affect me?

krioto

What does this actually mean, I thought they were one and the same? - edit - ha above.

I also liked the interview you did further up the page - quite candid and interesting

Yes it is :)

I probably don't need to say this but I'd just like to say thank you for listening to all our mad requests, complaints and dumb ass questions for the past year! I think you guys know how much we feel about the effort you put into a game we adore and have been playing for the past year but I just wanted to say thankyou again from driveclub gaf and I wish you guys the best for the future.

Tommi84

[...] I'd just like to say thank you for listening to all our mad requests, complaints and dumb ass questions for the past year! I think you guys know how much we feel about the effort you put into a game we adore and have been playing for the past year but I just wanted to say thankyou again from driveclub gaf and I wish you guys the best for the future.

This, so much THIS

Nyx

I probably don't need to say this but I'd just like to say thank you for listening to all our mad requests, complaints and dumb ass questions for the past year! I think you guys know how much we feel about the effort you put into a game we adore and have been playing for the past year but I just wanted to say thankyou again from driveclub gaf and I wish you guys the best for the future.

+1

+1, Go Rushy, Go :)

Nyx

Those new Mercs look amazing, can't wait to drive them.

Full notes:

FULL DETAILS OF GAME UPDATE 1.25:
» Unlock the Mercedes-AMG S 65 Coupé by completing Rank 6 of the Mercedes-Benz Owners Club Accolade.
» Unlock the KTM 1290 Super Duke R by completing Rank 10 of the KTM Owners Club Accolade.
» All Tours now have an easy difficulty setting, featuring easier AI opponents and easier objectives called Silver Stars. These are in addition to the existing Gold Star system.
» All cars now feature 15 individual levels. Level up your cars to unlock 15 customisation slots for new special paint types: Flake, Flip and Chrome.
» Vehicle customisation slots have also increased from 4 to 16. This gives you more freedom to change the livery designs across all of your vehicles.
» Driver and Club Accolades have ALL increased from 5 to 10 levels. Levels 6-10 offer significantly more generous fame rewards for you and your club.
» Driver Levels & Elite Levels are now separate. Your Driver Level advances as you earn Fame. Your Elite Level advances as you complete the Elite objectives.
» 5 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 85). There’s a new livery reward to unlock at each level.
» 5 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 25).
» 5 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 60). There’s a new livery reward to unlock at level 60.
» The main menu for DRIVECLUB BIKES has been updated to feature a selection of our favourite ‪#‎PS4share‬ community photos.
» Awesome new #PS4share community photos are featured as the loading screens for DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB BIKES.
» Privates Lobbies have new filters for inviting friends, so you can easily see which friends are online and which friends are online playing DRIVECLUB.
» Privates Lobbies have new options for Braking Assist, Laps (up to 25) and Grid Order (including order by result of the previous session).
» Driver and Rider customisation is now featured in the Settings menu for quick and easy access.
» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
UPDATE 1.25 ADD-ONS (coming Dec 15th worldwide):
» Free Mercedes-AMG Tour Pack featuring the Mercedes-AMG GT3 2016, 11 events and 3 Trophies. Obtain the 'AMG Champion' Trophy to unlock the new car.
» Instant unlock options for the Mercedes-AMG S 65 Coupé, KTM 1290 Super Duke R and Mercedes-AMG GT3 2016.
DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:
The update size is 0.4GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 12.1GB.

Well said. Evolution's support of the game and interaction with the Driveclub community have really been a class act. Kudos to them.

Makikou

Wasn't expecting a GT3 car. Wow. I really wonder how Evolution has balanced that. They sure did it good with the Renault R.S 01 but GT3 car is an entirely different beast.

Otherwise it's all damn good.

Makikou

SO MANY PAINTS. It's insane!

Also thanks for the many designs Evolution.. means i don't have to do as much work since your work is much better than mine!

I love this update! The number of new livery slots is fantastic and they already come with some cool presets. As someone still struggling to get my club to level 50 and beyond, i especially appreciate the new accolades! Sadly i'm by far the most active member (113.5M out of my club's 128.8M fame points came from me), so these new accolades will come in very handy. Even better than the generous rewards for the new accolade levels is the fact that they take into account fame earned after having maxed out certain accolades, which gives me a huge leg-up on the next levels.

The added friend list filters for private lobbies are also a great addition. Just a few days ago my friend has lamented their absence, saying that he wished more developers included them, when he had to scroll through the full list to invite me.

The new tour difficulty and separation of driver and elite levels don't impact me much, but i know they'll go a long way for many people, so that's great too.

And, last but not least, the free new vehicles and tour coming later this month! Driveclub really is the game that keeps on giving! :)

Edit: nevermind the part about retroactively awarded fame for previously maxed out accolades, i must have imagined that part. Nevertheless, the millions are just rolling in with these new accolade levels. :)

Rush please give me a hint you guys will remake motorstorm 1 and pr. More everything from those two games. They just need kberrwr iq but the art style of ms 1 and characters is near flawless. A hint, anythimg. I guess that is never coming. DC is a decent game but it's just not a ms.

Man, I wish that game could happen..

I need to finish dc only did the main game.

Nothing is exiting to me in the new updates. I don't need cars or even bikes. New gameplay mechanics and car types sure. New courses, off-road club. Sure I'll buy it. But I didn't like bikes in ms. Have no feeling for them.

New update is awesome! Evolution <3

Thought for a minute that something was amiss because I could access the Driveclub Bikes menu even though I don't own it. I got right up to the select your bike section and then it asked me to go to the Playstation Store haha! Thought for a minute I would get to test it out!

Hey Rushy, any chance of 1 bike for non-bike owners, so we can give it a go and see if it's for us? Thanks and keep up the good work!

krioto

Latest update is fantastic, so many paint slots and the new paint types look great.

Looks like can only get to elite level 24 until the AMG tour is available, as need the new GT3 car for level 25 time trial.

The new rewards for the later accolades are nice - I think I earnt 7m fame just tonight

Makikou

Latest update is fantastic, so many paint slots and the new paint types look great.

Looks like can only get to elite level 24 until the AMG tour is available, as need the new GT3 car for level 25 time trial.

The new rewards for the later accolades are nice - I think I earnt 7m fame just tonight

Need to grind KTM XBow/Bike for that Elite lv22 trial. Thus i think i'm going to be stuck on lv21 for a bit..

T_Exige

Great update as always! Thanks for listening to the fans!

Keep the content coming, even as a Season 2 DLC.
(more exotic cars and locations)

*Pagani Zonda Cinque at some exotic/paradise coastal road would be great ;-)

Something really needs to be done about the preparing for download time. It takes way too long. Obviously a system thing but it isn't like you can play a game in the mean time to pass the time because if you do it makes it go even slower.

kie25

You have to give credit to evo on these updates, this update for me is probably the best so far, I've never known a developer to fight to keeps it's players engaged in the game, I hope other developers are taking note.

On another point the GT3 car is great, I remember about 6months ago maybe longer Jamie asked me which race cars id like and I said straight away GT3 as I know how popular they are on project cars plus I thought they would fit in with Driveclub as they are basically race spec super cars etc. It would be great if they could add a few more GT3 cars Audi LMS Ultra, 458 GT3, Aston Martin GT3 :) Z4 GT3 if evo added a GT3 pack I recon so many people would buy it. Some wouldn't like it but the majority I think would, just look how popular the Renault Rs01 is, that is basically a GT3 car already.

You have to give credit to evo on these updates, this update for me is probably the best so far, I've never known a developer to fight to keeps it's players engaged in the game, I hope other developers are taking note.

On another point the GT3 car is great, I remember about 6months ago maybe longer Jamie asked me which race cars id like and I said straight away GT3 as I know how popular they are on project cars plus I thought they would fit in with Driveclub as they are basically race spec super cars etc. It would be great if they could add a few more GT3 cars Audi LMS Ultra, 458 GT3, Aston Martin GT3 :) Z4 GT3 if evo added a GT3 pack I recon so many people would buy it. Some wouldn't like it but the majority I think would, just look how popular the Renault Rs01 is, that is basically a GT3 car already.

I kind of agree with the GT3 idea, but if they do that I would love a few more standard tarmac circuits with them, give us some nice private lobby quick to fire up races on flat circuits and no crazy bumps in the road like Scotland!

Pachimari

Not that I'm not appreciative towards the awesome DLC Evolution Studios is already giving us but I'm curious if we will get more than cars, bikes, tracks and liveries for the future, or if that is where I should set my expectations? :)

And good job to Evo. This is how any game with DLC plans should do it.

kie25

Not that I'm not appreciative towards the awesome DLC Evolution Studios is already giving us but I'm curious if we will get more than cars, bikes, tracks and liveries for the future, or if that is where I should set my expectations? :)

And good job to Evo. This is how any game with DLC plans should do it.

I think that is probably where it will be you can't really get anything more, hopefully if a Driveclub 2 ever happens it will be full different things etc, I'd personally rather a new motorstorm before a DRIVECLUB 2. Imagine what will be possible in few more years with that extra core that sony have let loose. I can only imagine how good a motorstorm game would look and play, especially if they go down the Pacific rift root, wasn't a big fan of Apocalypse felt to Hollywood over the top for me, preferred the setting and gameplay in pacific rift.

With regard to tracks for GT3 I think the race tracks they have now will fit them very well especially Norway race tracks.

Top Bottom