• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Brake assist on Low has been a game changer for me. Thank you for introducing it to me.

Game went form so beautiful but I come in last every race, to Wow now I am having fun.

The brake assist really helped my 11-year old son, but he's still very frustrated with the aggressive AI. Will the upcoming easier difficulty levels for tours feature less aggressive AI? He was one corner from winning the first Startline race when he was taken out from behind. I explained the importance of checking your rear view and staying on the driving line, but he is 11.

Shaneus

It's called various things; Iridescent, Pearlescent or Flip Paint.

Pretty isn't it ;)
Oh yes!

I'd rather have motion blur on rims in-game though ;)

Edit: Brake assist is available? I didn't realise there was an update out already... or maybe it's been out for a while and never noticed it.

This might be a silly question but im confused: what's the difference between Driveclub and Driveclub PS+ version besides the price? It's the same thing right?

sorry for the dumb question but new ps4 owner and this had my eye for a while.

drotahorror

@Notrollious - No idea. That confused me too. I have the digital version from launch so I haven't kept up with it.

Jamie Brayshaw teasing a new paint type called flake paint, coming to DRIVECLUB in December:

CVE3lMuW4AAZd-i.png:large

EDIT: More new paint types will be shown throughout the week.

Beautiful.

Makikou

This might be a silly question but im confused: what's the difference between Driveclub and Driveclub PS+ version besides the price? It's the same thing right?

sorry for the dumb question but new ps4 owner and this had my eye for a while.

There is no difference. Driveclub Full Game for Playstation Plus is just another item of Driveclub but with PS Plus member pricing.

So go and buy this: DRIVECLUB Full Game for PlayStation Plus & Season Pass Bundle!

Here's a video of my current favourite car+track combination:
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 Super Veloce on Nilgiri Hills.

There is no difference. Driveclub Full Game for Playstation Plus is just another item of Driveclub but with PS Plus member pricing.

So go and buy this: DRIVECLUB Full Game for PlayStation Plus & Season Pass Bundle!

alright cool. I saw that one for 5 bucks more and sony did give me a 20% off coupon so i might as well.

Thanks!

No Love

Banned
Love this game so much. Graphics are absolutely jaw dropping. Reminds me of PGR in the best way.

My 3 year old is playng it right now and he's in love. His #1 game right now is Motorstorm RC on Vita so it makes sense.

Denur

At the Paris Games Week Evolution showed a VR tech demo. The game ran at 60 fps, but that came at a cost: source

The increase in frame rate comes at a distinct cost as Paul Rustchynsky of Evolution Studios explains – costs in the form of the on-track car count being reduced from 12 to 8, trackside details as well as the weather and cloud system being dialed back, in addition to the rear-view mirrors being disabled altogether. The latter is something Evolution Studios wishes to address before a final release.

And now we learn that Sony has opened up a 7th CPU core to the developers. I can't help but wonder if this VR tech demo was already making use of this 7th core.

Pachimari

We have known that for weeks now, but it's very nice, that Sony have opened up the 7th CPU core. That's probably what Mark Cerny alluded to in the lead up to the launch of the console.

Came across this video on YT and i seriously can't get over the sound of the Murcielago SV. That video actually made me boot up my Ps4 and drive the Murcielago with my pulse elite headset with volume set to max and no words can describe the experience. The wind noise. I have to say thank you to Rushy and Evolution Studios. You guys are amazing!

I am enjoying this game so much, such a nice change coming from Ridge Racer style of games. My cornering is slowly getting better, still bouncing off the barriers on the red corners.

My PSN name is Jemile if anyone wants to add me, im looking for a club to join too.

The_Monk

Hey my good GAFfers, I believe there is going to be a patch that will address the Difficulty in the game this month (it was going to be released in November I believe) but what will this affect?

Easier/Harder/Faster/Slower AI for Races only or other things like a change in the times to beat certain tracks and so on? Thanks in advance!

Makikou

Hey my good GAFfers, I believe there is going to be a patch that will address the Difficulty in the game this month (it was going to be released in November I believe) but what will this affect?

Easier/Harder/Faster/Slower AI for Races only or other things like a change in the times to beat certain tracks and so on? Thanks in advance!

AI difficulty for sure but other than that, i don't know. Rushy probably knows more but i think we'll have to wait!

Rushy

AI & objectives with both be adjusted with the easy difficulty option.

And whilst I'm here be sure to check out the new Chrome paint type!

https://twitter.com/PhenomEvolution/status/671733925937549312

CVKASpQWUAAtO4S.png:large

Tommi84

Plenty more :)

Rushy, I remember back then that Evo was planning to add the option to remove the decals for AI so that I can feast my eyes on the paint job only (frankly, decals is really silly for me and don't like it). I just like the pure car without any 'extras'.

Any chance that it will ever be introduced?

PS. I get that for online I'm out of luck, but for singleplayer this IS a must. Please :(

Rushy

How could I not mention you guys :)

Rushy, I remember back then that Evo was planning to add the option to remove the decals for AI so that I can feast my eyes on the paint job only (frankly, decals is really silly for me and don't like it). I just like the pure car without any 'extras'.

Any chance that it will ever be introduced?

PS. I get that for online I'm out of luck, but for singleplayer this IS a must. Please :(
It was already added :)

Got to Settings>Display>Opponent Paint Jobs and switch it to Factory.

Pachimari

I really need to get into the whole paint job thing. I haven't even tried doing one. But I'm only at the Pro Tour in the singleplayer campaign, so I got lots of content left. It'll last me months and I'm so excited.

Tommi84

It was already added :).
Oh... my... GOD! Rushy and all Evo team, thank you so much! :). Please be informed that you made me a ONE happy camper!! I played one race and came 7th, as I was pausing to make a picture and realize too late that the turn was sharper and my speed greater than I thought :)

Btw, season pass was the best value ever. I don't regret a single penny.

Oh... my... GOD! Rushy and all Evo team, thank you so much! :). Please be informed that you made me a ONE happy camper!! I played one race and came 7th, as I was pausing to make a picture and realize too late that the turn was sharper and my speed greater than I thought :)

Btw, season pass was the best value ever. I don't regret a single penny.

Dude, where have you been? That has been added in march! :)

Fox Mulder

Picked up a ps4 for Black Friday and have had interest in this game. I love forza, horizon, and even pcars. Hope this is just as fun.

Shaneus

Gonna come back to this game hard in the new year, can't wait. The break has done me well.
I might give it a bit of a break too. I've just finished all stars in DC regular (including season pack). Might even polish off the bikes as well, but that's not a priority.

Partner has ordered me the G29 wheel for Xmas and I've ordered the upgrade kit for my wheel stand pro (GT Force model) although they offer they upgrade the don't recommend it and prefer you to pay out for a full new stand....

Hello !

For the G25/G27/G29/G920 wheel we recommend our Stand for Logitech G25/G27/G29/G920 Racing Wheel - DELUXE.
It is a stand from our new DELUXE line - it is bigger, heavier and sturdier than a standard stand.

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-logitech-g25g27-racing-wheel---deluxe

However, If you already have our Logitech stand, you can order an upgrade to G25/G27/G29/G920 wheel.
It consists of a bigger wheel plate, a gear shifter plate and a suitable pedals support(34 EUR - shipment included).
The shipment price is for Europe only. If you don't live inside the EU please provide your address in order to provide the total cost of your order shipment.

You can order it via PayPal by paying directly to payments
In the payment title rubric please write: G25/G27/G29/G920 Full Upgrade + your shipping address + phone number

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SOLUTION!

Best regards,
(Wheel Stand Pro)

I'm a former Project Gotham Racing and Metropolitan Street Racer player. I just got this game and I'm very happy with my purchase thus far. I've only play a few hours so far but it's quite impressive.

Top Bottom