• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Shaneus

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to all, your support for DRIVECLUB, for Evolution has been amazing.

We made it to OT3 together and that was a proud moment for me and the team, who had NeoGAF permanently on their screens ;)

Yes it has been a sad day, but I hope you will celebrate DRIVECLUB tonight by playing the latest tours, we made them for you and we hope you enjoy them.

Regards to the future I can only say so much right now, but its a time to be positive, we as a team want to stay together and I hope that means we can do great things.
Oh shit, never noticed Rushy posted in here today! If it's any consolation, it looks like the thread about the studio closing might make it to OT2 ;)

Driveclub is a game I bought and fucking enjoyed to shit offline when the servers were hammered and not working. It was the first and only non sim racer this gen where me and a buddy would trade the controller in drift events. Just the sheer beauty of the game and fun factor was through the roof and nothing this gen has even come close to the detail in driveclub.

After buying everything the game has it actually is overwhelming how much content this game had. I have way to many races to complete still just from taking minor breaks and EVO releasing content after content after gosh dabg content. It truly is the greatest season pass you will ever own in your life.

It saddens me that a company completely driven by content and passion got shut down and I really hope these guys pick up with wherever they left off with maybe an open world racer. Despite networking issues these guys knew how to build a mother fucking game engine. It was a locked 30 with no falter, with tons of amazing clutter....detail and just tears of beauty.

God speed EVO you will forever impact my thoughts on any future racing game and value for content!
Great post, but have to disagree on the open-world bit. There are enough of those, we need more tight, focused, fun racers like DC :)

DrKelpo

Banned
Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to all, your support for DRIVECLUB, for Evolution has been amazing.

We made it to OT3 together and that was a proud moment for me and the team, who had NeoGAF permanently on their screens ;)

Yes it has been a sad day, but I hope you will celebrate DRIVECLUB tonight by playing the latest tours, we made them for you and we hope you enjoy them.

Regards to the future I can only say so much right now, but its a time to be positive, we as a team want to stay together and I hope that means we can do great things.

Thank you and the team for an awesome game. Driveclub brought me much closer to the racing genre than i've ever been before.

krioto

Thanks for a great game Rushy, and I hope we see more of you guys in the future.

Flunkie

Banned

You and everyone there - rock. Please make another MotorSt... ahem... EngineThunder. Or GearBlast. Or DieselDisturbance. Or GeneratorGaleforce. Or PistonSquall. Or BlowoutBlizzard.

-Amon-

You guys deserve the best. I can only hope you'll get it.

Thank you for the good times.

Motorsports franchise was mind blowing and DRIVECLUB is a worthy successor.

Bring it on!

farmerboy

For fucks sake Sony. I've never been in the shits with you but tonights the night. What a dick move if I've ever seen one. Bloody hell.

If they boot this game and can't see the technical mastery, not just of the ps4 but the racing genre as well, then bugger me. What are they looking at?!

If they can't recognise the supreme effort Evo has put in to recover from that shaky start then they need their head read.

You foster talent, support it. Not this shit.

Fuck you Sony. FUCK YOU.

You don't need to thank us for anything. We need to thank you for one of THE GREATEST RACING GAMES EVER. It has been blisteringly fun. 34 years of gaming for me, and about 95% of my "jaw on the floor" moments have come from this game alone. Actually, include Motorstorm there too.

Good luck Rushy and good luck Evo. Can't wait to support whatever you do in the future.

Cheers and all the best.

Thanks, Rushy, and good luck! We'll be looking forward to your updates on future projects. In the meantime, I pulled myself away from Rocket League to take a spin in DC. Always amazed every time I play it!

ViciousDS

Banned
Great post, but have to disagree on the open-world bit. There are enough of those, we need more tight, focused, fun racers like DC :)

TDU is really what I was referring to. Simplistic, all about cars, races and social. There wasn't a ton of customization, upgrading or anything like that.

But I understand most people would take that as a referral to most of thebshit shows we get now a days

Dalto11

Don't forget about NeoGAF in your future endeavors ;D, we hope you'll stick around. I hope you at least land on your feet and enjoy a little time with your family and friends in between.

Thanks for everything you and the Evo team has done. DriveClub has been such an incredible experience and always keeps me coming back to scratch that itch. You all definitely went out with a bang.

AMG

Neo Member

At a loss for words but all I can say is thank you for the best feeling in a racing game since I drove Gran Turismo 1 on th PS1. Different driving experiences but that deep feeling of satisfaction had not been matched till Driveclub came along.

All the best in your future work and I expect to hear from you again on your next exciting project!!! After all, we now know the level of support and heart you put into your (Evo and yourself) games! It goes without saying but thank you very much and all the best to the Evo team too!

sector4

Thank you to you and your whole team Rushy! Collectively you made my favourite racing game of all time, and your support of it was out of this world.

All the best for everyone at Evolution in the future, I look forward to seeing what you talented people come up with next.

Jimrpg

Firstly thanks for the awesome game, still the best racer on the market on console in my honest opinion.

I think Evolution got fucked over by the media and social media when Driveclub launched, it was a great game, and there was an honest error when the multiplayer was down at launch, which was working in Beta. Nevertheless this led to some pretty scathing reviews that have sat on the internet ever since which really killed off the hype and it never recovered I think.

I wish people could have looked at the game for what it was, rather than criticise something that would have been eventually fixed. I'm still somewhat pissed at Jeff Gertsmann's review on Driveclub, but it kind of showed how the whole industry and business has changed from one of hobbyists/enthusiasts being excited about something new to one where there's so many products and everything needs to be picked apart. /metacritic rant

But I'm totally ok, it is what it is, I think racers are probably a dying niche for now anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered if Driveclub got straight 10s. They'll probably come back in a big way in the future. VR is just around the corner.

All the best Rushy, and good luck with your next game.

Drifters

Rushy ,

Please keep us updated. I bought the game 3 times and the season pass is an insane value. Best wishes as you and others figure out what is next.

nib95

Banned

Thank you for creating one of the best racing games I've ever had the pleasure of playing in Driveclub, and also for creating so many other brilliant experiences on the other systems over the many years, with the multiple releases of the excellent WRC and Motorstorm. Thank you for also providing such incredible after support, communications and feedback in improving and growing Driveclub, it truly helped the game evolve in to something even more special.

You guys are an absolute talent and treasure, and I hope you all not only land on your feet, but find immense success going forward. Ultimately, to me it would be a travesty if your team didn't continue making these sorts of amazing games, as it's clearly something you're all extremely gifted at, and passionate about.

I just hope a Driveclub sequel isn't completely off the cards, or at least something that might closely resemble it, if not in name, then in spirit and design.

Hats off to one of the great racing studios in our medium - all of you. Right back to the WRC days - I loved those games before I was even paying attention to who a development studio was - to the greatest arcade racing series on the PS3 (peaking with Pacific Rift IMHO :b) to a truly next generation racer (complete with current generation growing pains), it's been great to watch the studio grow, experiment, and... evolve :)

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been holding out hope for a new Motorstorm (or an MS collection - one of the only racing series where a collection would be diverse enough to work) - but it's great to hear that things are happening. I'll definitely take tonight to pour one out for Evolution, past, present and future.

All the best, thanks for all the community engagement and best of luck to you and the entire team. Can't wait to hear from you.

Ricky_R

Godspeed, Rushy, to you and the team.

Thanks.

Radec

:(

Goodluck on your team. I hope you guys lands a big project soon.

The passion you've received from the community is simply a reflection of the passion you put into DRIVECLUB. Thank you for making the first racing game in a long while that I've been excited about and captivated by. Please extend my heartfelt gratitude to your team for their work on it. It is obvious to anyone who looks at the game for five minutes that it was a labor of love. If only more studios would follow their heart like you have.

I look forward to your next creative project!

Duallusion

The more I think about it, angrier at Sony I get. They couldn't keep them around for DC VR day one launch this october, for instance; see how that goes? Keep them busy with a MotorStorm remaster; that too expensive a gamble too? Come up with something?

You don't throw away such a team because of a network code fuckup or whatever that was at launch, goddamit; not after what DC ended up being.

farmerboy

The more I think about it, angrier at Sony I get. They couldn't keep them around for DC VR day one launch this october, for instance; see how that goes? Keep them busy with a MotorStorm remaster; that too expensive a gamble too? Come up with something?

You don't throw away such a team because of a network code fuckup or whatever that was at launch, goddamit; not after what DC ended up being.

1 bazillion percent agree with this word for word.

T-0800

Thanks for the great games. I own all the Motorstorm games and Driveclub and have had a blast with each one. All the best and thanks for the memories.

Auctopus

Thanks for all the hard work and perseverance you and your team put into Driveclub. It felt like you really listened to the wants and needs of this community. Evo was responsible for my first "wow" moments of both the PS3 and PS4 era. Good luck with whatever you guys do next.

No thank you!

Good luck to you and the rest of the team on whatever the future hold for you guys.

Thank you to you and your team in creating what has gone on to become one of the most enjoyable racers I can remember. I'm 40 this year and remember a lot! Hopefully you guys will all stick together and make something similar in the future. I also hope that Sony continue to work with Driveclub and don't let it die, because what you have done is create something different that has brought a community together, one that likes racing but can also see the lighter side of gaming.

The launch was a mess, the send off was immense.

This is still my favorite shot I managed to take early on, the detail you guys put in to this game was nothing short of amazing and I really feel you've left some big shoes to fill.

Good luck!

DRIVECLUB20150120190.jpg

xrnzaaas

Thanks so much for the awesome work you've done with Driveclub. The postlaunch support was incredible and it's also a very rare thing that a developer is communicating so well with the community. Good luck! I hope that at least some of you will stay together to create another racing game. I'll certainly look forward to it.

Thank you and your team for the MotorStorm series and DRIVECLUB, both were pivotal in my getting PlayStation systems and I've enjoyed both immensely. Even my mum loves playing DRIVECLUB, I tweeted a pic of her doing time trials at some point haha.

Anyway, I hope you lot land on your feet and create something similarly awesome for us to enjoy :)

Thank you and the team for all the incredible races and rages that is Driveclub, hope to hear from you guys soon!

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

Really sad to see Evolution go. I took a look at the studio's wiki and it struck me that I own nearly every game you guys ever released. What a great legacy to leave behind... including my favorite arcade racer ever, Motorstorm 2.

I'm sad my dreams for a mashup Jet Motorstorm game will never happen now; I think you guys would have kicked ass at such a project. Driveclub VR is (was?) my most anticipated game for PS VR.

What a damn shame it came to this. Hats off to you guys, and best of luck with what comes next. I'll keep an eye out if any of your team continues in helping keep the racing genre alive.

dr guildo

Really sad news, Evo was my favorite WWS studio. Amazing racing games !
I play driving games since 1986, I played the greatest racing arcade games (Outrun, ChaseHq, RadRacer, GaleRacer, DaytonaUSA, ScudRace, RaveRacer, RageRacer, F355, RaceDriver:Grid, MSR, PGR...) and DC is in my top 2 of the greatest ones, maybe the GOAT.
Let's hope they continue their adventure under a new name with new publishers or kickstarter.
Kudos to Evo for all their astonishing works !

Max^Samp

Thank you Rushy, for the game, for the games. From the gamers.

I hope you all will find again a way to shine.

Thanks to you and your team for the great games mate. Loved Motorstorm and I love Driveclub even more. I can't wait to see what you guys get up to next. /applause

ZalXII

Still in denial Stage but i really hope some people boo sony out of the building at E3 during their inevitable VR presentation. Can't believe this... just can't.

Played ACS yesterday night and i did not even planned to use any monitor today, then found something interesting in a TV magazine i wanted to know about, turn on the PC, read it, go to neogaf out of habit, go to DRIVECLUB OT and boom. Still denial...

soitends8ouy9.jpg

Denur

Thank you! The way you and your team have communicated with the players is out of this world. I hope your team will indeed stay together in one form or another, maybe even retain the name Evolution Studios, and continue to create great racing games like WRC, MotorStorm and DriveClub for PlayStation and that we will meet again, in due time, here on NeoGAF and elsewhere.

Regarding DriveClub; in a way it is comforting that people from Sony will keep the game alive and that we can expect more information at E3.

Tommi84

I didn't mean to buy it post mortem, but hell. Stuff just happens sometimes:

mvN9MN7.pnghttp:

always wanted to buy DC in Steelbook to proudly keep it on my shelves.

I hope it come sealed and if yes, I'll never open it. And then. Just then and in 20years... I hope this can happen:

Ie1MsdT.png

Been a while since I've played this game, went to download the latest expansions and they're all showing up as paid versions. Are they not part of the season pass?

UK store btw.

desu

Thanks to Rushy and everyone at Evolution for making my favourite racer of this console generation (and I don't see anyone else pulling up anything that will beat Driveclub currently). I've played almost every racer released this generation, no matter the console, but while there are many fantastic titles released, none of them is like Driveclub.

I remember when reviews hit one complaint I often had to read that game lacks "soul". I can even understand some of the criticism at launch but combined with all the effort you guys put into the game, it has more soul than any other racer released in the last years for me. I can't even put it into words but all the little details in DC tick the right boxes for me, simply incredible.

Thanks for joining us crazy people here and helping us out with problems and so on.

Finished both new tours and got the time trial gold trophies. Racing against Rushy and co. in their final tour expansion was a very nice touch. I feel bad now for complaining about the shortness of these last few tours, but kudos to them for raising the level caps one last time and adding a good amount of elite challenges. It's obvious that they wanted to leave the game in the best possible shape and overall they've done a great job. My only regret is that we as a community didn't go into more detail with our feedback regarding the drifting changes when Rushy asked for suggestions, but who knew it was their last hurrah? I know some of you did in fact point out the still remaining flaws beforehand, but i guess it got lost in the shuffle.

I wonder what will come of the supposed continued support of Driveclub by Sony. I guess it shouldn't be too hard to put out some elite challenges and raise the level caps every now and then. Is there any more finished or nearly finished content to be released? Will we see the remaining city tracks teased by Rushy? All the tours, cars and bikes are great, but more than anything i was looking forward to the new tracks. It saddens me that they may never see the light of day. This reminds me of Motorstorm Apocalypse and how we never got one of the teased free DLC tracks. It was called The Heights and judging by the teaser picture it seemed to be inspired by the car chase in Bullitt, or at least that's what i imagined. Unfortunately, do to the similarly problematic launch of that game (due to no fault of their own), that track must have gotten scrapped and we only got the track on Alcatraz.

mekes

Thanks for making my PS4 a worthwhile purchase! I was hyped for your game since the original PS4 reveal with my own ideas about what the game might end up being and what it would play like. Honestly, you guys at Evo surpassed them. I'm an odd gamer these days and 99% of the time I cant find a game I'll enjoy long term. DC is that 1%er for me. I still go back to it whether for a few races or a few hours at a time.

I wish yourself and everybody at Evo the best of luck for whatever your plans are. I know GAF will help keep me up to date. The next game, I'm interested :)

xrnzaaas

I wonder what will come of the supposed continued support of Driveclub by Sony. I guess it shouldn't be too hard to put out some elite challenges and raise the level caps every now and then. Is there any more finished or nearly finished content to be released? Will we see the remaining city tracks teased by Rushy? All the tours, cars and bikes are great, but more than anything i was looking forward to the new tracks. It saddens me that they may never see the light of day. This reminds me of Motorstorm Apocalypse and how we never got one of the teased free DLC tracks. It was called The Heights and judging by the teaser picture it seemed to be inspired by the car chase in Bullitt, or at least that's what i imagined. Unfortunately, do to the similarly problematic launch of that game (due to no fault of their own), that track must have gotten scrapped and we only got the track on Alcatraz.

I think that the game's future is safe for at least a year (I mean the servers and standard support in case some major bug hits the game). I'll still keep playing DC for sure, but Sony won't see a dime from me if they do decide to release new paid content. ;)

magawolaz

Thank you for the ride, Rushy.

Just wanted to share a video I made with ShareFactory. I always liked the Quantum of Solace opening, so I tried to remake it in DC. Obviously there are no Alfas nor guns in the game (lol), so it just fades into a lap around Holmestad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rO745Qniqc

EDIT: of course bottom of the page

Top Bottom