• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

xrnzaaas

But why wouldn't they have left it at Evo then? They were already slimmed down to a sub 25 person team.

25 people is too many to work only on the patches and dlc content, especially since all the car models are outsourced anyway. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Evo Studios didn't even start working on DC VR. It'll probably end up being the same game just with worse graphics to support stable 60fps.

So this deal is currently on Curry's website but not available for home delivery; it's click and collect only.

Naturally, not a single one available in a Currys store in Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington or Chester...

Edit: none in Birmingham, Leeds or London either. WTF Currys.

Edit 2: Only place you can pick one up is Douglas, Isle of Man.
It was available for home delivery when the price updated, and also for collection in all my local stores.

They went quite quickly, though.

tusken77

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if Rushy is referring to being a father again or ........something else.

Z6tngjR.png

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to all, your support for DRIVECLUB, for Evolution has been amazing.

We made it to OT3 together and that was a proud moment for me and the team, who had NeoGAF permanently on their screens ;)

Yes it has been a sad day, but I hope you will celebrate DRIVECLUB tonight by playing the latest tours, we made them for you and we hope you enjoy them.

Regards to the future I can only say so much right now, but its a time to be positive, we as a team want to stay together and I hope that means we can do great things.

Never forget Rushy... thank you.
26100069655_fc63ee9ed8_c.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you to all, your support for DRIVECLUB, for Evolution has been amazing.

We made it to OT3 together and that was a proud moment for me and the team, who had NeoGAF permanently on their screens ;)

Yes it has been a sad day, but I hope you will celebrate DRIVECLUB tonight by playing the latest tours, we made them for you and we hope you enjoy them.

Regards to the future I can only say so much right now, but its a time to be positive, we as a team want to stay together and I hope that means we can do great things.

Thank you Rushy. I'm very late to the PS4 and to driveclub for that matter but I gotta say that this is my favorite racer ever, it's as if it was designed specifically according to my taste, the perfect blend of arcade and Sim. Good luck with your future plans. I hope they involve another racer, this time in VR! :)

xrnzaaas

Yep I was afraid it was my Internet acting up again. Everything except for the challenges seemed to work (haven't tried starting an MP race, but the lobby loaded up without any issues).

Yep I was afraid it was my Internet acting up again. Everything except for the challenges seemed to work (haven't tried starting an MP race, but the lobby loaded up without any issues).

Hoping it's not a sign of things to come with Sony regarding Driveclub as PSN itself is up at the moment.

Sirenty

Is anyone else thinking about getting Dirt Rally? April is gonna be a tough month with Dark Souls 3 landing too.

I'm thinking about it but I need to see more info about it. I looked at videos when it was in Early Access and it looked kind of plain.

I'm also not sure if I can do racing games without challenges anymore. Unlikely, but I really hope GT7 adopts something like what DC has, at least for course or race records.

5taquitos

Is anyone else thinking about getting Dirt Rally? April is gonna be a tough month with Dark Souls 3 landing too.

I want to, but I'm probably going to wait for a price drop. $60 is a bit too much to swallow with UC4 around the corner and a bunch of indies that I want as well.

krioto

Had a successful night - got to elite level 60 (after struggling with the Ducati on Atlanterhavsveien reverse for quite a while), as well as 100% Bloodborne and DLC.

The gaming deck is cleared for dark souls 3!

I know it may sound a bit silly, but I feel less inclined to play DC now that Evo are not involved...

xrnzaaas

Sorry for a double post, but it looks like the servers are still problematic. I logged in after a few unsuccessful attempts and I was able to do maybe 10 challenge runs before they went kaput again. :/ Maybe it's caused by a new wave of players thanks to DC being in the current PS Store sale?

Sorry for a double post, but it looks like the servers are still problematic. I logged in after a few unsuccessful attempts and I was able to do maybe 10 challenge runs before they went kaput again. :/ Maybe it's caused by a new wave of players thanks to DC being in the current PS Store sale?

That could be the case but I can't really seeing there being that big a swell in numbers - whatever the cause it doesn't give us much hope for the future :-(

Good to see a few guys are gonna take the plunge with Dirt Rally too - the leaderboards will be more interesting with some friendly faces to compete against :)

Wil348

The PS Plus edition upgrade is £6.50 and I was thinking about getting it. However, with Evolution shutting down, I was wondering, is Driveclub VR still coming or has it been cancelled?

DD

That could be the case but I can't really seeing there being that big a swell in numbers - whatever the cause it doesn't give us much hope for the future :-(

Good to see a few guys are gonna take the plunge with Dirt Rally too - the leaderboards will be more interesting with some friendly faces to compete against :)

I wonder if they'll mix the consoles and PCs leaderboards.

And if anyone is in doubt about the quality of Dirt Rally (can't say for the consoles version, but...), rest assured that the game is bloody brilliant! Go get it. ;)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
playing No Limits tour has rekindled my love for the game - city tracks, Type R civic & an old r32... god damn

what is everyone's single favorite tour in the game? i want to play 1 or 2 more after this.

thanks!

xrnzaaas

The PS Plus edition upgrade is £6.50 and I was thinking about getting it. However, with Evolution shutting down, I was wondering, is Driveclub VR still coming or has it been cancelled?

From what I've heard it's still coming, but no one knows what it'll look like. It may end up being a separate product like DC Bikes, merely a new mode in the game or (worst case scenario) some short tech demo to show the "power of VR".

From what I've heard it's still coming, but no one knows what it'll look like. It may end up being a separate product like DC Bikes, merely a new mode in the game or (worst case scenario) some short tech demo to show the "power of VR".

If it works as well it appears to in the show demonstrations then I can't see why they wouldn't release it, but the French video translation said it was a stand alone game... I guess they'd have to change the later tour events for the lack of weather effects and reduced car count but other than that I don't see what the problem would be (and they'd miss out on a lot of sales as it's one of the key reasons to get PSVR for many of us). There could be more to it tho, as I've seen a number of reports of Project Cars making people sick on Occulus and that is running at 90FPS without reprojection - we've kinda assumed that DC VR will be OK not making you feel sick but that might not be the case.

xrnzaaas

I was finally able to improve my score while playing late last night. No disconnections at all.

By the way I think we have a serious new contender for the gaf challenges... ;)

111boufp.jpg

Ohhhh, leagues in Dirt Rally. Totally in now. Going to start one up, Shannow?

https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues

You bet, a GAF Driveclubbers league :)

I was finally able to improve my score while playing late last night. No disconnections at all.

111boufp.jpg

Yeah that's what I was talking about a few pages ago, having a friends list with a running tally was a great incentive to have another go :)

Yeah I am thinking about it, though I'm in the same position. Dark Souls is going to keep me busy and I also just got Trackmania, which has been occupying a lot of my time, alongside Smite on PS4.

Curufinwe

111boufp.jpg

Hey, I'm not last.

I liked the Trackmania demo, but not enough to buy the full game. I'm also not up for another Souls game quite yet after Bloodborne consumed so much of my 2015 gaming time, so I'm getting Dirt Rally at launch. The $12 discount at Best Buy makes it easy to justify.

NJShadow

Dedicating this race to all the guys at Evolution Studios. I had just gotten done a workout and still had Spotify on my PS4 blasting "A State of Trance." I then threw on DRIVECLUB and turned my surround sound system up to MAX. What transpired was easily one of the most fun 3-4 minutes I've ever had in gaming. I had a literal adrenaline rush as my engine screamed, and my hands got so sweaty that I slipped on the controller and crashed in one of the turns (you'll see, lol). I drove like a mad man, and had SUCH a blast. Thank you again, team, you seriously made a masterpiece, and I can't wait to see what you all have in store for the future. My favorite racing devs HAD been Criterion Games, but I can now add another team to that list. You guys ROCK!

Race in question --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0hVkHm3fuY

ps3ud0

So I presume no one at Sony is gonna be covering the challenges that Evo set? Any ideas the next best way to get kudos quickly? Was hoping to hit max rank but seems a bigger task without them...

ps3ud0 8)

valkyre

Guys i cant seem to find any evolution challenges for Driveclub Bikes, to get the trophy? Are new ones regularly added, or with the studio closure its over?

ZalXII

Unfortunately, you can just hope for good support from Sonys side. There seems to be no automatic creation for Evolution Challenges.

First of all you can say I am a natural driveclub fanboy.

Its been more than a week since Evolution closure but I am still in denial stage and completely afraid about driveclub future. Jamie once said Driveclub will be handled by awesome team at playstation. Which team?

But if there is no new challenges like valkyre mentioned above, then it is not awesome. And it is a danger. What are those awesome playstation team doing?

Like normal employee resignation, I hope Evos are teaching those awesome team about managing driveclub challenges and other aspects.

I am started to think that Sony obviously want to kill this game in favor of GT. GT6 has no update for more than 6 months. GT Sport has no new info.

(this paragraph is a copy paste from eurogamer comment) However, other franchises like fat princess get a release greenlight, Heavy rain/BTS are getting remaster. What does this means?

I cannot calm down at the moment. I also cannot say fuck Shu too.

Before I write this post I am about to turn on my PS4 and get the driveclub game disc from the sleeve. But then I was like, "ah, fuck it". I dont know what to do so I can excited to play driveclub again.

NJShadow

First of all you can say I am a natural driveclub fanboy.

Its been more than a week since Evolution closure but I am still in denial stage and completely afraid about driveclub future. Jamie once said Driveclub will be handled by awesome team at playstation. Which team?

But if there is no new challenges like valkyre mentioned above, then it is not awesome. And it is a danger. What are those awesome playstation team doing?

Like normal employee resignation, I hope Evos are teaching those awesome team about managing driveclub challenges and other aspects.

I am started to think that Sony obviously want to kill this game in favor of GT. GT6 has no update for more than 6 months. GT Sport has no new info.

(this paragraph is a copy paste from eurogamer comment) However, other franchises like fat princess get a release greenlight, Heavy rain/BTS are getting remaster. What does this means?

I cannot calm down at the moment. I also cannot say fuck Shu too.

Before I write this post I am about to turn on my PS4 and get the driveclub game disc from the sleeve. But then I was like, "ah, fuck it". I dont know what to do so I can excited to play driveclub again.

I feel your pain, but my advice? Jump on a track, set the time so you get a great sunset, get some music going via PS Music, and drive... really REALLY fast (also, crank up your sound system). It may be difficult, but you'll feel right as rain in no time. Engulf yourself in the greatness that is, was, and forever will be.. DRIVECLUB.

valkyre

They cant possibly abandon this game. I am hopeful that someone at Sony will support this great game. It will be insane not to.

So far though still no challenges. And Bikes multiplayer is almost deserted :(

Another pretty quiet week on the gaf challenge, hopefully the numbers will pick up for next week as we're back in the cars...

Anyway, well done to Bouniter for winning the bike skill event from Sirenty in 2nd and Davidrick in 3rd. 2 weeks and 2 different winners, will that carry on for the coming week? We're at Glenmorgan in the Aston Martin Zagato so look out for the challenge and let me know if you haven't received it.

Screenshot_2016_04_03_22_25_04.png

ps3ud0

Unfortunately, you can just hope for good support from Sonys side. There seems to be no automatic creation for Evolution Challenges.
Ah thats a shame, I was gonna buy DC Bikes but I wont now - main reason I played the game were for those challenges...

ps3ud0 8)

farmerboy

Another pretty quiet week on the gaf challenge, hopefully the numbers will pick up for next week as we're back in the cars...

Yeah I'll definitely give all the car challenges a shot. Haven't invested anywhere near enough time with the bikes to be anywhere near competitive.

Anyway, PS4K...we got any takers in here?

Personally, I'm looking to upgrade my tv this year to 4k. I'm gonna need an UHD Bluray player so the PS4K sounds like a purchase for me. Though I will hold off till we hear more about its media credentials.

The ps3 was a really good unit as a bluray/media unit. The ps4 has been a step backwards. Hopefully the PS4K is an improvement otherwise no go.

Also, PSVR will be a better experience with PS4K. What to do?

NJShadow

Ah thats a shame, I was gonna buy DC Bikes but I wont now - main reason I played the game were for those challenges...

ps3ud0 8)

Uh, no, that's a mistake. The bikes are the best part of that game, in my opinion. Buy the expansion and thank me later..

Yeah I'll definitely give all the car challenges a shot. Haven't invested anywhere near enough time with the bikes to be anywhere near competitive.

Anyway, PS4K...we got any takers in here?

Personally, I'm looking to upgrade my tv this year to 4k. I'm gonna need an UHD Bluray player so the PS4K sounds like a purchase for me. Though I will hold off till we hear more about its media credentials.

The ps3 was a really good unit as a bluray/media unit. The ps4 has been a step backwards. Hopefully the PS4K is an improvement otherwise no go.

Also, PSVR will be a better experience with PS4K. What to do?

When I first heard about it I was completely against the idea of splitting the userbase, but my position is softening - it's unlikely I'll be getting a 4k TV any time soon so it'd purely be for enhanced games / psvr... If it's the only way I can play no man's sky in VR then I'm sure I'll get one.

krioto

They cant possibly abandon this game. I am hopeful that someone at Sony will support this great game. It will be insane not to.

So far though still no challenges. And Bikes multiplayer is almost deserted :(

I'm getting a bit worried - although they have scheduled a future Ferrari double fame event for 2 weeks time (when the current Lambo one runs out), but I really hope some new Evo challenges get updated, and some info on this month's update - if there is one....

Pretty much same here. I'm really bummed about what happened but can't/won't go full "fuck sony!" gear. I understand the practical reasons but it still sucks a big one. :(

Anyway, well done to Bouniter for winning the bike skill event from Sirenty in 2nd and Davidrick in 3rd. 2 weeks and 2 different winners, will that carry on for the coming week? We're at Glenmorgan in the Aston Martin Zagato so look out for the challenge and let me know if you haven't received it.

Thanks for keeping this going. Haven't warmed up to bikes that much yet (if ever, still got all the tours done), it's fighting the controls in a wrong way for me most of the time. Now add that to news regarding the studio, haven't felt like playing DC for a while.

Top Bottom