• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

No probs bud - the bike challenge is looking a bit dead at the mo (only 5 entries) so I think we're going to have to stick to cars in future...

I'm taking part, but I really do not enjoy the bikes expansion, I just cannot git gud enough to get flowing runs so it all feels a little disjointed and crash barrier happy.

I'm taking part, but I really do not enjoy the bikes expansion, I just cannot git gud enough to get flowing runs so it all feels a little disjointed and crash barrier happy.

In some ways I actually prefer the bikes but they do seem to punish you more for not getting your turn in point exactly right - I managed to get 30 mins on the challenge and improved my time by 3 tenths roughly but I'm still 1.5 tenths behind ZalXII and Sirenty

I've actually switched my driving controls now to match dirt, so I'm on manual gears and L2/R2 - not sure if I'm any quicker but I do feel a bit more in control of what's going on.

Here's my best run (on an aptly named video :)

https://youtu.be/omUxP3PMoJE

I'm up by nearly two tenths in the first sector and match ZalXII's time in the last but drop nearly 4 in the middle, I just can't get the bugger to grip at that point.

ZalXII

In some ways I actually prefer the bikes but they do seem to punish you more for not getting your turn in point exactly right - I managed to get 30 mins on the challenge and improved my time by 3 tenths roughly but I'm still 1.5 tenths behind ZalXII and Sirenty

I've actually switched my driving controls now to match dirt, so I'm on manual gears and L2/R2 - not sure if I'm any quicker but I do feel a bit more in control of what's going on.

Here's my best run (on an aptly named video :)

https://youtu.be/omUxP3PMoJE

I'm up by nearly two tenths in the first sector and match ZalXII's time in the last but drop nearly 4 in the middle, I just can't get the bugger to grip at that point.
Have improved my time from yesterday this morning by roughly 0.12 seconds, every sector should be a little bit faster now. Wasn't easy thpugh, i had to watch my run from yesterday to see how the middle section has been taken. Manual gears is really important for the middle section, at least for my approach. Will upload vids later.

Sh0k

Is there an active GAF club that I can join, recently got into this game and I would like to get into the online club challenges.

Sirenty

I've been up by 2 tenths on my current time at the second split but I hose the last corner every time. So still room to take me.

Is there an active GAF club that I can join, recently got into this game and I would like to get into the online club challenges.

Welcome to the fold!

Unfortunately the limit for clubs is 6 members (presumably to stimulate club vs club races, as a full grid consists of 12 vehicles), so there isn't one big GAF club, but many small ones. With a bit of luck you might find an active club with open spots here though.

25_4_16.png

Well done to Sirenty on claiming his 2nd win of this round, with ZalXll pushing him close in 2nd and unbelievably me in 3rd! I was actually beating the buggers time until screwing it up on the last bend with less than a minute to go... #1 Defender continued his strong form with 4th and Bouniter completed the top 5 - this means Sirenty has gone over a wins points clear at the top of the table as he continues to show his dominance in the bike events.

I'll get this weeks challenge up tonight, I think we'll probably be back with the cars...

25_4_16.png

Well done to Sirenty on claiming his 2nd win of this round, with ZalXll pushing him close in 2nd and unbelievably me in 3rd! I was actually beating the buggers time until screwing it up on the last bend with less than a minute to go... #1 Defender continued his strong form with 4th and Bouniter completed the top 5 - this means Sirenty has gone over a wins points clear at the top of the table as he continues to show his dominance in the bike events.

I'll get this weeks challenge up tonight, I think we'll probably be back with the cars...

Great news!

Spurs v WBA tonight but will give it a crack after that, already watched this weeks GoT during my lunch break.

Ranger X

So I just finished Driveclub. Finally. 1134 gold stars!

This game was plain incredible. Best arcade-ish racer I played in years. If not my fav of all time. It was a fantastic experience I will remember. I am even sad right now because I fear we might not have any other racing game like this for a tremendously long time.

So the ESRB just rated Driveclub VR. Can't imagine this good looking game in VR

Good to hear that it's not dead :)

Curious to what's going to be in the game - I'm guessing the engine is done now that Evo are no longer involved so I'm guessing whoever is looking after it is just reworking the content for fewer opponents and no weather effects. I imagine it's going to be a stand alone game that includes the dlc cars but no bike expansion. I wonder if they'll do different views or in car only.

On a different tack, I wonder how normal DC will compare when using the cinema mode (huge screen and keeping the weather effects).

I've issued this week's challenge so look out for the Hurrungane sprint in the Caterham.

Sirenty

Not going to be able to play this weekend so trying to get a good time in now. Those poles along the sides can burn in hell.

farmerboy

What I want to know is, how the hell do you get through the green flagged chicane/s-bend/switchback thingy so fucking fast? It's like you're on rails through there.

Sirenty

I'll try to post a video later. I actually screwed that run up in the chicane and lost a couple tenths.when I ran wide at the end. A 34.4 is possible based on other runs I've done. I just can't string all the sectors together.

Edit: I had a sub 35.5 time and I clipped a pole on the last corner and spun. It took my ghost several tenths to pass me as I sat there sideways. So pissed.

Anyway, here's a video of my current time. Notice when I get on and off the gas, and that I only use the brakes once. In the chicane, you can get on the gas well before the apex of the last corner and use the massive grip of this car to stick around the corner.

https://youtu.be/qnIxhPSjY1I

I'll try to post a video later. I actually screwed that run up in the chicane and lost a couple tenths.when I ran wide at the end. A 34.4 is possible based on other runs I've done. I just can't string all the sectors together.

Edit: I had a sub 35.5 time and I clipped a pole on the last corner and spun. It took my ghost several tenths to pass me as I sat there sideways. So pissed.

Anyway, here's a video of my current time. Notice when I get on and off the gas, and that I only use the brakes once. In the chicane, you can get on the gas well before the apex of the last corner and use the massive grip of this car to stick around the corner.

https://youtu.be/qnIxhPSjY1I

That's a damn impressive run bud, I'll be surprised if anyone manages to beat it.

ZalXII

First time was breaking Sirentys record but in a very unsatisfying way considering the last corner. The second time has a much better middle sector and obviously lost a little at the end by not going that wide again. Even staying on the road should have been a new record, but i just couldn't let go off the gas. Satisfying round for me, i hope its still within the rules for you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VpudJIi0E0

The replay part is from the best time.

PS: AnythingBut wanted to invite me for some Mp action a few months ago but i had no ps+ subscription back then, renewed last month when it was cheap on psn so i'm in for MP races from now on.

Great win for ZalXII, beating what I thought was an untouchable time by Sirenty by over 2 tenths of a second. Another strong performance by #1 Defender claimed 3rd spot and great to see the Driveclub GAF old guard of Farmerboy and Abandoned Trolley taking 4th and 5th respectively :)

League wise it's still Sirenty leading the way from Bouniter who could only manage 6th, but Defender is still clinging onto the 3rd spot and new addition to the winners list ZalXII has jumped up to 4th. Davidrick has slipped back to 5th after not competing in this event.

Screenshot_2016_05_02_15_52_31.png

I've got my challenge ready to send so you should see the new one land around 7pm UK...

farmerboy

Old guard, lol.

No shit though, DC has become my most played game ever.

Except for maybe Bombjack on the cpc464. Played the shit outta that too.

:)

Old guard, lol.

No shit though, DC has become my most played game ever.

Except for maybe Bombjack on the cpc464. Played the shit outta that too.

:)

I think the only games I've played anything like as much as this would be Counterstrike (1.6!), Team Fortress Classic and SOCOM - all of which I ran a clan and organised matches etc - it's that social side that makes me keep playing and that's where Dirt Rally is kinda lacking for me, you can't chat to your mates and listen to a Co driver!

Yeah this is certainly my most played game in years, before this it would have been WoW and Wolf:ET

Great game and thank you for still running those challenges.

Its quiet here.

:-(

Ain't that the truth, never seen it this quiet before. I think it's gonna take some surprise update or the birth of DCVR to bring it to life again :-(

The challenge had the lowest turnout yet too, just ten entrants this week but being a race event probably didn't help. Well done to Nuzzle on being the latest addition to the winners list, Mr Consistent Sirenty took second and so extended his lead again. ZalXII claimed the 3rd spot from Bouniter with #1 Defender rounding out the top 5.

Screenshot_2016_05_08_23_13_37.png

I've got this week's drift challenge ready and I'll send it out around 7pm tomorrow.

Is now a good time to pick up the game?

It's been on sale a lot, now whilst I would say it's worth full price anyway, the game is slowly dying off it seems. The lack of new news about it or any sight of DLC is a shame after all the good work Evolution put in to the game after the launch. The game was getting monthly updates and people were always excited for the new trailer. Now without Evo it's pretty much been left to die as far as I'm aware, regardless of what was said about it being in good hands.

Auctopus

It's been on sale a lot, now whilst I would say it's worth full price anyway, the game is slowly dying off it seems. The lack of new news about it or any sight of DLC is a shame after all the good work Evolution put in to the game after the launch. The game was getting monthly updates and people were always excited for the new trailer. Now without Evo it's pretty much been left to die as far as I'm aware, regardless of what was said about it being in good hands.

It's quiet as well because a lot of large profile games are releasing right now but Sony definitely need to say whether this game is going to get supported or not.

TheRook

Thanks, so Getting this and the Season Pass should be a worth wild venture.

I've really been wanting a good racing game on PS4 but since there isn't a GT game out yet, my options are limited.

Tommi84

but since there isn't a GT game out yet, my options are limited.
Honestly saying I had more fun playing Driveclub than GT6 and GT5 combined. Playing DC on those narrow stages in rain with few ppl or computer players feels much, much more intense and satisfying than more ... I don't know sterile play-through from GT6/GT5.

desu

Just wanted to post this part of the Eurogamer feature on the closure of Lionhead:

"During that period, Evolution got closed by Sony, and then within two weeks Codemasters picked them up. We were like, what the fuck? How did that happen so quickly? And it turned out the management team at Evolution had been given a heads-up months before as to Sony's intentions. Maybe if Microsoft had done similar it would have been a different story. Shit happens, unfortunately."

Not surprising I guess, but still interesting.

5taquitos

Just wanted to post this part of the Eurogamer feature on the closure of Lionhead:

Pretty cool, actually, better than those stories you hear about employees coming in to work but all the doors are locked (which has happened to me, and it sucks).

Auctopus

Interesting. I wonder if that was why Rushy felt sort of aloof during the final few months when we were nagging him about SP2.

Interesting. I wonder if that was why Rushy felt sort of aloof during the final few months when we were nagging him about SP2.

Possible I guess as he knew it wasn't coming, it was clear in the final DLC with the names they had been told of the closure though, such a shame, but to be honest, now they are with Codemasters I can only see things getting better and better now.

Screenshot_2016_05_16_19_33_35.png

Bouniter takes round 8 from #1 Defender with Sirenty in 3rd.

This means it's still all to play for at the top between Sirenty and Bouniter, all mathematically possible for Defender too but he'd need and amazing last couple of rounds :)

Round 9 challenges have been posted, and we're back on the bikes....

Anyone know what Auctopus got banned for?

Sirenty

Didn't seem like anyone was interested in the challenge this week, so I played UC4 and DS3 yesterday instead. Oops.

I was wondering about Auctopus too.

Screenshot_2016_05_16_19_33_35.png

Bouniter takes round 8 from #1 Defender with Sirenty in 3rd.

This means it's still all to play for at the top between Sirenty and Bouniter, all mathematically possible for Defender too but he'd need and amazing last couple of rounds :)

Round 9 challenges have been posted, and we're back on the bikes....

Anyone know what Auctopus got banned for?

Ergh!

Not too sure about Auctopus, this thread seemed a graveyard for first page posters of which he is one.

Top Bottom