• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Boxarts for complete launch-window lineup (IGN) 12 games before end of year

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
what

nintendo-ds-box-art-20041019044633725.jpg

Meier

haha as shitty as Sprung and Ridge Racer will probably be, their boxart certainly lends credence to the idea that the DS will be aimed at a "more mature" audience than the GBA.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Is that a pierced nipple in the top left panel of the sprung boxart? thats almost as good as the Penis on little mermaid cover.

Sprung used to be called Crush.
"a simple text-based "choose your own adventure" style of storytelling. The idea in the demo was to "woo" either the man or the woman using conversation selected via the lower screen's touch screen interface, or by pulling up your inventory and using special items that might sway their opinion about you. Most of the game took place in a dialogue interface that featured the two characters in hand drawn artwork, with each character occupying a screen." -IGN

Damn! Replace the "Ridge Racer" logo with "RC Pro Am 2000".

I usually don't complain about box arts either. Now I truly am a GA member.

ferricide

ridge racer has horrible, horrible shareware-ish western aesthetics, but it plays just fine (don't use the screen to steer, kids.)

i'll buy it because i like RR, even if it's got a naff box.

Chittagong

Gold Member
There is no way around it. The US launch lineup it shit. They should be really ashamed of not getting any other first-partycontent out than SM64 DS.

Luckily I'm getting Touch! Wario Ware, Hito-whatever, Band Brothers, Pokemon Dash and Zoo Keeper from Japan.

aoi tsuki

Teddman said:
Bah, pretty boring launch lineup.
That was a given, but i thought twelve titles were to be released for launch, not for the "launch window". Color me disappointed. i still plan on getting Super Mario 64 DS, Feel the Magic, and one of the racers, but i was hoping for another gane to look forward to before the end of the year. Sadly though, system launches can do extremely well on rather lackluster software by using the newness of the hardware to blind users to the fact that it's more or less the same crap they've already played, just on another system.

kiryogi

Banned
D: where's the Rena from R:Racing? Rena > Gina. And its amusing, it really confirms that R:Racing was indeed ridge racer series XD

Kon Tiki

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
This seems like a pretty piss-poor launch window lineup, to me. Unless, this isn't all of it.
Looks like 'all of it' as far as day one. More before the end of the year.

puck1337

Wow. Only one first party title. I had thought they might slip one or two more in. I guess they're either expecting a bit of a post-launch 3rd party drought in N.A., or they don't want to have their titles competing against each other at launch. Probably a bit of both.

Kon Tiki

Banned
In the coming months, publishers will release a wide range of novel software. Nintendo's list of DS-specific first-party franchises includes a multiplayer Mario Kart, as well as Metroid Prime Hunters, WarioWare, Inc.™ DS, Animal Crossing, Yoshi's Touch & Go, Advance Wars® DS and a new Super Mario Bros., among others.

Third-party publishers will add GoldenEye: Rogue Agent™ and Need for Speed™ Underground from EA, Viewtiful Joe from Capcom, Bomberman from Hudson Soft, Frogger from Konami, a Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles title from Square Enix, and many more.

NOA says 'coming months', other publishers say 'launch window', and some say 'this year'.

Auron

I can hardly believe we're getting some adventure/dating-sim games(Feel the Magic and Sprung). I'll pick up both of them.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
It's clearly inferior to the Japanese line-up, but I don't think the US launch is that bad in its own right -- Asphalt: Urban GT, Feel the Magic XY/XX, Mr. Driller, Spider-Man 2, and Super Mario 64 DS all look like they have the potential to be fun games, and they're all from different genres, too. There's also hope for Madden, Ridge Racer, Rayman DS, and Tiger Woods.

I think the main problem is that we simply don't have enough impressions of most of the launch software. If the majority of these games end up being decent to outstanding, it'll be a solid launch that covers a wide range of tastes (sports, platforming, racing, dating sim, puzzle).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What the hell is the chick from R: Racing Evolution doing there?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Still can't believe that Wario Ware isn't hitting with the system. Their "coming soon" better be December.....

Top Bottom