• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DuckTales Remastered |OT| The Citizen Cane of video games

steveovig

Is there any way to completely skip the cutscenes without going into the pause menu? My only problem is the cutscenes. Just let me play damnit!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah, I'm in the same camp there. Plus...

Wii U - Digital Deluxe promo, PLUS at the right time to redeem credit AND get more credit. So, why not, especially as I'd like to grab Steamworld. Also unlikely to ever have a significant sale.

PS3 - Potential Plus freebie in the future, and they tend to have very deep discounts.

Steam - Always gets very deep discounts eventually unless it's Amalur.

Xbox 360 - Nope. Moderately higher discount potential than Wii U, AND an atrocious D-Pad! Then again I do have the drum controller.

So, Wii U was most favorable at the start and like you said matched with the series history. Kind of like why I wanted Mega Man Anniversary Collection on GC before it was revealed they were dumb and flipped B and A.
Exactly the same as me. 9 years later it still hurts!

Downloaded it and finished Moon level.

Pretty awesome so far, especially since I had recently gone on a Ducktales binge recently.

Yeah, I'm playing it and I can't help but remember the NES original and how that FELT to control. For better or worse it does seem they were crazy faithful to it.

Pro Controller, yes. Wii Remote/Classic Controller, no.

By the way, I noticed that if you're on Wii U and aren't actively using Off Screen play you can press X while the game's paused and make the Game Pad display the map instead. Found that handy.

OMG thanks for the tip. I was about to complain about the lost opportunity of having the map displayed on the Gamepad.

One more thing, not sure how it is on the PS3 version, but the sound only outputs in stereo on Wii U. Having a 5.1 mix would've been great for us home theatre enthusiasts.

I can't decide if I should buy this or not. I remember playing it as a child but I hardly remember anything from it.

I wish they would remake Little Nemo next. I would give them my credit card for that game!

Pogo stick does feel a bit wonky. It cancels at weird times. Also, some of the jumps/enemy placements seem a bit unfair. Loving the game overall though.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
One more thing, not sure how it is on the PS3 version, but the sound only outputs in stereo on Wii U. Having a 5.1 mix would've been great for us home theatre enthusiasts.
Yeah, surround support on Wii U is so freaking awful. I just wonder if the Nintendo-provided audio tools just aren't that great. Otherwise I simply don't get it. Are their any Wii U games that send out 2 channel matrixed audio? Just don't get why most games are 2 channel stereo and seemingly none actually do multi-channel hdmi when almost every PS360 release is nulti-channel (probably because they are using official Dolby or DTS tools to mix the audio)

On the topic of the game. Love the old school brutal difficulty. Man this is such a niche game. Feels nice being in that niche. I just hope it still does well. Will also pick up the "retail" PS3 copy.

Epcott

Shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, this game is as hard as I remembered.

Goodness, Magica De Spell is treacherous even on medium in Transylvania. And when you loose all lives, you start at the money bin? I'm pissed, but I kinda like it!

:( something is seriously wrong with me.

Loving the game do far. Got it for Wii U and just beat the Amazon. Screen faded to black with a barely legible Saving Content and froze. Hard freeze. Going to restart and see if I have a save file. So annoying!

hlhbk

So I got this on Steam and am also considering double dipping on one of my consoles to show my support for this amazing game. So what should I get this on GAF? PS3 or Wii U?

So I got this on Steam and am also considering double dipping on one of my consoles to show my support for this amazing game. So what should I get this on GAF? PS3 or Wii U?
Tough choice. If you get it on PSN, at least you have a more solid ownership. With the Wii U, you can have off-tv play, which is nice. But it's not really your game to own!

Wii U for Off-TV and the tradition of Duck Tales on Nintendo platforms.

Got to the last level on hard in about 2.5 hours. Not that hard or that long of a game. I'm still enjoying it....unfortunately I'm still there because something is fucking up with the segment after you beat the last boss. It's not recognizing me pressing up on certain chains. Happened with the stick and the d-pad and on the same two chains. one I can bypass and one I can't

I've done the last levet 7-8 times now and I can't get past it.

robot

Really happy with how this turned out - I used to play this game a ton and it's exactly how I remember. Now I'm sure if I booted it up I'd be able to spot the differences, but who cares. It hits all the right spots. I was worried about the voice acting, but it seems to have been blown out of proportion. I remember the backgrounds looking terrible in early trailers, but those seem to have been cleaned up significantly. This is how you do a remake.

Finding it a little too easy now that I've collected a few life containers. Whoever is wishing there were checkpoints would probably be complaining that the game is too short if there were. Why is having to replay a level so bad? These types of games should not push you through. Get better at the damn game.

Anyone notice the helicopter comes in at the same time as the cartoon intro? Does the same kinda swoop too!

Um you own it on the Wii U as much as you do if you download anything on PSN.
I was just making a joke about how the game is tied to your system. But it can be a serious problem after reading all the people who lost their system or accidentally erased their ID. You can never get your games back.

Which is why I usually never buy a digital game off of eShop unless you can't play it anywhere else like Shantae or Mighty Switch Force.

hlhbk

I was just making a joke about how the game is tied to your system. But it can be a serious problem after reading all the people who lost their system or accidentally erased their ID. You can never get your games back.

Which is why I usually never buy a digital game off of eShop unless you can't play it anywhere else like Shantae or Mighty Switch Force.

Itunes used to be the same way as the eshop. I can garuntee you if you raised enough hell with Nintendo support they can let you redownload your games.

Shhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, this game is as hard as I remembered.

:( something is seriously wrong with me.

I am in the same boat as you. I can't finish any single level on medium. WTF? But I keep throwing myself at it. Is nostalgia supposed to be this punishing? *NERVOUS LAUGH*

Patience is the key! I think I played the Amazon level like five times until I finally got through it. Almost died at the boss, no lives left, and one single heart left.

I know the bosses are redone, but damn they're pretty tough so far!

El Odio

Banned
Oh yeah, before I forgot, has anyone on the PC version tried pressing space when you get to the stage clear screen? Whenever I do it changes from "Stage Clear" to "OMG! What the hell is this?"

Made the decision to go through my first playthrough on easy, just enjoying it that way. Second playthrough I'll go through on hard. Really enjoying the animated sprites and the pogo cane movement as someone who never played the original.

But yeah, just finished Transylvania and skipped every cutscene. I was using the excuse that I watched the GB Quicklook, but they really do drag down the pacing.

Redberyl

Neo Member
Just got this and have been playing a bit - I didn't play the original but I enjoyed the show as a kid and I don't mind the cutscenes (it feels like an interactive lost episode).

Was worried about how the actors would sound now but haven't been disappointed, actually have felt a little too much nostalgia at times, eyes got a little duck blur-y.

zweifuss

Wow I love this game!! Turned out really great. Too bad some of the voice actors aren't alive anymore, Fenton & Magicka sound different, too different. But that can't be helped! Such a labour of love, you can tell they put a lot of work into it. I tried all the levels and died nearly at the end of all of them, will try harder next time!

I don't mind the voice acting segments, this game needed to be made longer, otherwise the effort to remaster it wouldn't have been worth it. Let's hope we get some more Disney Capcom remasters.

Salz01

This is awesome. Played the original so much. They did such a great job of capturing that feel from the original. The music redo is fantastic as well. Love this. Wish all 8 bit goodies were remastered like this.

Tsunamo

I've only played a littlebit of it so far but I'm loving the difficulty curb.
I was expecting it to be a bit easier despite being a remake of a Nes game, I'm quite happy to find out it's quite the opposite.

Mzo

What the hell is up with this? I keep randomly losing my pogo stick even if I don't let go of the button.
Which version are you playing?

I've heard people complain about losing the pogo jump on the PS3, but I've had 0 issues with the Steam version. I'm even using a horrible 360 pad.

Top Bottom