• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Cirruss

The new map captures the feeling of Halloween perfectly, It's shoving so much candy down your face by the end of it you are pretty much sick of it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JWong said:
How about against bosses?

Mobs are a non-issue for squires.
Mobs are a non issue until Insane where stuff kills your towers really goddam fast and kamikaze guys are sent in constantly.

Huntress is important because 1 or 2 shots for 40 mana clears a linear path (that also goes through objects), and kiting is really important when larger enemies deal much more damage, or you can dodge boss attacks.

Plus the melee targeting is super magnetic, ick.
toythatkills said:
Prices reflect stats. Better will cost you more. I've seen a dragon at 1k and one at 1.5mil

Guardians can get up to 15 million.
Hitmonchan107 said:
Still no word yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.
I'm sure you are on top of this, but is the message at least transferred over to the devs that people don't really enjoy long levels? (I'm looking at you Halloween map). I've heard others complain about how some later waves in stages are just really tedious and long (Over 30 minutes for a boring wave).

Probably a good to skim the DD forums to get a general idea. See if you can find any well argued points or examples :)

Javaman

toythatkills said:
The items in the store are based on your previously completed map. Low prices/stats for easy/early maps.

I don't get the point of the portal gun attack stats. Is it only good for piercing shots? Left mouse and right mouse are reserved for putting portals down.

Hazaro said:
I'm sure you are on top of this, but is the message at least transferred over to the devs that people don't really enjoy long levels? (I'm looking at you Halloween map). I've heard others complain about how some later waves in stages are just really tedious and long (Over 30 minutes for a boring wave).

Probably a good to skim the DD forums to get a general idea. See if you can find any well argued points or examples :)
I've been reading "OMG WTF" threads all day. Message received. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Javaman said:
The items in the store are based on your previously completed map. Low prices/stats for easy/early maps.

I don't get the point of the portal gun attack stats. Is it only good for piercing shots? Left mouse and right mouse are reserved for putting portals down.
Yup. It is good because it has cheap upgrades and a high base attack.
Hitmonchan107 said:
I've been reading "OMG WTF" threads all day. Message received. :lol
Glad it has been received. Reworking it is going to be tough.

Fitz

Hazaro said:
Plus the melee targeting is super magnetic, ick.

Have you tried turning off the "Step Towards Melee Target" option under the controls? It gives you total control whilst fighting.

Also does anyone know if some of the achievements are bugged? I keep redoing the tutorial, getting the achievement, trophy and the crystal model, but they keep vanishing when I restart the game.

Zomba13

Colkate said:
Have you tried turning off the "Step Towards Melee Target" option under the controls? It gives you total control whilst fighting.

Also does anyone know if some of the achievements are bugged? I keep redoing the tutorial, getting the achievement, trophy and the crystal model, but they keep vanishing when I restart the game.
I should've had a few and none have unlocked for me.

I am absolutely loving this game, I have it on the pc and ps3.... playing the ps3 more going for the platinum and then ill likely change over to the pc version since it's likely to get more content.

I will say, however, the ps3 needs some tweaks, many of which the PC has already seen. First off the aiming suction, give us the option to turn it off please. It's so frustrating.

Secondly, only one camera allows you vertical control of the camera? Why? Also, on the ps3, it's very unpopular to put attacks on the triggers as they kinda suck and becoming tiring to use. L1/R1 are how you attack in most any PS3 game where you use both sticks.

The move support needs some love as well though i see this as not likely since im guessing we are a small population. Mainly it needs vertical control of the camera as well, along with better turning mechanics.

The game is great though. The 3D is also well done, thanks for throwing that in for the few of us that really enjoy it :)

me and my cousin beat this game on normal the other night, great game. Insane mode really is insane lol, need to hit level 60 before I go back to that.

What is it with this game? I just want to keep leveling up my character weapons & armor over & over. I'm not sure what I'm playing for but I keep sinking hour after hour into it. Is this what WoW is like? If it is I'm sure glad I never tried it.

CitizenCope said:
What is it with this game? I just want to keep leveling up my character weapons & armor over & over. I'm not sure what I'm playing for but I keep sinking hour after hour into it. Is this what WoW is like? If it is I'm sure glad I never tried it.

Yep, it's exactly what WoW is like. Except in WoW there are some endgame raids to work towards. But honestly I was more hooked on leveling characters and outfitting them decently than anything else. By the time I took the WoW needle out of my arm I had each class at max level in decent gear.

This game definitely taps into that same part of my brain :/

Azar

Not really thrilled to have discovered all my progress on the Open server is pretty much worthless if i want to get in on any DLC/events like Halloween coming in the future. Sucks I can't move my character from one to the other, though I understand the reasoning.

Also, I got a pet for pre-ordering the game from somewhere other than Steam and have been using him on my character on the Open server. I'm guessing I can't get him again on Trendy's server? That kinda blows.

Edgeward

Azar said:
Also, I got a pet for pre-ordering the game from somewhere other than Steam and have been using him on my character on the Open server. I'm guessing I can't get him again on Trendy's server? That kinda blows.

Yea, same here. I just wanted to do some local first to get a feel for the characters and then found out yesterday my pre-order pet doesn't come over to ranked since it was automatically used in open/local. Totally fucking sucks.

Edgeward said:
Yea, same here. I just wanted to do some local first to get a feel for the characters and then found out yesterday my pre-order pet doesn't come over to ranked since it was automatically used in open/local. Totally fucking sucks.

Same. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Upcoming Patch! (ETA October 31 2011)
* Rebalanced/redesigned Spooktacular spawns and added Leaderboard & Stats collection
* Made Spooktacular skins unlockable by beating Spooktacular on hard, though second set of weapons remain Insane-only
* Fixed various Spooktacular mission bugs
* Fixed chatbox getting stuck during level transitions

* Make costume unlock requirements clear in the costume selection
* Allowed mission unlocking at the mission selection screen
* Reduced self-heal mana cost ramp (cheaper to heal at high HP's now)

* Added "Drop All Mana" key, default "M" key, and keybinding added to configuration tool
* Fixed problem with Familiar attack rate being effectively capped (there was indeed a bug with this), and renamed the Familiar Attack Rate stat to "Attack Speed Bonus". Now high-Attack-Rate familars are way, way, way more effective.
* Made practice dummies average DPS over 5 seconds for a more accurate reading
* Fixed potential double-upgrade bug with superfast mouseclicks
* Nerfed Spooktacular "Van Wolfstein" weapon about 40%, and Piercing Shot overall about 30%
* Moved bonus-item crates back into the main section of the Ranked Tavern, out from the Secret Room
---
* Made Genie pet's "Grant Mana Bonus" upgradeable, and made him grant more Mana proportionate to how much its "Grant Mana Bonus" is upgraded
* Added Pause menu option to "Lock" game, which delists the game and prevents anyone else from joining it. Useful for turning public match into a private match, or making a private match totally unjoinable even by your friends.

KrawlMan

Question for anybody able to answer....

I have a squire (lvl 70) who was previously specced for towers. For the sake of utility in the group on insane levels I'm moving to a hero damage build. I have a weapon with around 55 physical damage, and 5.5k~ poison, and when I put 70 points into player damage it's almost as though my DPS barely changed from my tower spec build. Does the player damage stat not have any effect on elemental damage?

Hazaro said:
* Rebalanced/redesigned Spooktacular spawns and added Leaderboard & Stats collection
* Reduced self-heal mana cost ramp (cheaper to heal at high HP's now)[/B]
* Added "Drop All Mana" key, default "M" key, and keybinding added to configuration tool

The only things I care about. Having to open up my hero stat screen to drop all my mana from my monk to a tower builder took way too much screen sliding time on insane. Oh and the whole waiting an hour to win at the event as you watch millions of mana crystals and equipment despawn from the mass volume of crap being dropped all at once.

KrawlMan said:

I have a squire (lvl 70) who was previously specced for towers. For the sake of utility in the group on insane levels I'm moving to a hero damage build. I have a weapon with around 55 physical damage, and 5.5k~ poison, and when I put 70 points into player damage it's almost as though my DPS barely changed from my tower spec build. Does the player damage stat not have any effect on elemental damage?

They even say it on the hint text on the loading screen. Element damage is just set and can not be upgraded with anything other then upping the element damage on the weapon, the weapon's base damage takes from your hero level and the hero attack skill as well as the monk hero aura, so you are going to need a new weapon my friend.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
KrawlMan said:

Correct.

Javaman

Is there an event time limit to unlock the weapons or can we still do so far after halloween. There's no way I'm going to beat the mission on hard or insane anytime soon unless I hop in with other overpowered people.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So, um, does this work on Windows 7 64-bit?

I downloaded the demo on Steam and it just keeps crashing immediately after I hit 'Launch'.

vertopci

Anyone know how to fix the "Game randomly restarts your whole computer while you're playing it" bug in Dungeon Defenders?

Nightz

Zefah said:

I downloaded the demo on Steam and it just keeps crashing immediately after I hit 'Launch'.
Game works fine on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. Never tried the demo though.

Is there any way to do the dlc stuff on local? I can't seem to unlock any of the costumes or the level unless I'm doing the Online option.

Kuga

Zefah said:

Change your system locale to English.

Ferrio

Banned
Had a really shitty bug last night. I joined a game... but they were already bunkered down good.. so I really couldn't do much. So I just milled around until the stage was completely over. At the end I started to type, then the game went to load the next stage. Once it loaded the text prompt was still there and I was permanently stuck in type mode. Nothing would get me outta it, so I had to quit the game :(. All that waiting around for the next level for nothing.

The M.O.B

Ferrio said:
Had a really shitty bug last night. I joined a game... but they were already bunkered down good.. so I really couldn't do much. So I just milled around until the stage was completely over. At the end I started to type, then the game went to load the next stage. Once it loaded the text prompt was still there and I was permanently stuck in type mode. Nothing would get me outta it, so I had to quit the game :(. All that waiting around for the next level for nothing.

This is exactly what I experience multiple times yesterday. I had to ALT-CRTL-DEL just to get out of it.

Javaman said:
Is there an event time limit to unlock the weapons or can we still do so far after halloween. There's no way I'm going to beat the mission on hard or insane anytime soon unless I hop in with other overpowered people.
I believe the event time ends on the 9th of November.

Edgeward said:
I don't see they couldn't include the pets in both Online and Open side. Some of those pets are really good when you hit that level.

Hazaro said:
* Made Spooktacular skins unlockable by beating Spooktacular on hard, though second set of weapons remain Insane-only

* Allowed mission unlocking at the mission selection screen

* Fixed problem with Familiar attack rate being effectively capped (there was indeed a bug with this), and renamed the Familiar Attack Rate stat to "Attack Speed Bonus". Now high-Attack-Rate familars are way, way, way more effective.
* Nerfed Spooktacular "Van Wolfstein" weapon about 40%, and Piercing Shot overall about 30%
* Moved bonus-item crates back into the main section of the Ranked Tavern, out from the Secret Room
---
* Made Genie pet's "Grant Mana Bonus" upgradeable, and made him grant more Mana proportionate to how much its "Grant Mana Bonus" is upgraded
* Added Pause menu option to "Lock" game, which delists the game and prevents anyone else from joining it. Useful for turning public match into a private match, or making a private match totally unjoinable even by your friends.

Is this patch only PC?

Inferno313 said:
Is the cross platform play available now? Just checking. Can my girl play on her iPad while I play on PS3?
Cross-platform play isn't in quite yet.

The M.O.B said:
This is exactly what I experience multiple times yesterday. I had to ALT-CRTL-DEL just to get out of it.
The fix for the chatbox issue is in the next patch.

bigdaddygamebot said:
Is this patch only PC?
Patches are PC only. I don't have any word on when/if they are coming to console.

Sorry I haven't been on here lately. I've been swamped at work.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So basically, Dungeon Defenders broke the PS3's entire trophy system. Pre-Dungeon Defenders, once you synced any new trophies, you didn't have to sync them again if you just wanted to view your trophies. Post-Dungeon Defenders, you have to sync EVERY TIME you want to view your trophies, regardless of whether or not you just synced them. I assume this is caused by the system still detecting unsynced trophies (Dungeon Defenders' trophies, since they don't sync properly).

Well that's nice.

PC patch now live. Stop nerfing my Squire :(

7.06 Update
Bug fixes / Feature Additions:
* Rebalanced/redesigned Spooktacular spawns and added Leaderboard & Stats collection - Thanks Tsuda!
* Made Spooktacular skins unlockable by beating Spooktacular on hard (per hero class), though second set of weapons remain Insane-only
* Allowed mission unlocking/downloads at the mission selection screen
* Moved bonus-item crates back into the main section of the Halloween Tavern, out from the Secret Room
* Added Pause menu option to "Hide Game", which delists the game and prevents anyone else from joining it. Useful for turning public match into a private match, or making a private match totally unjoinable even by your friends.
* Fixed bug in algorithm to determine gear stat allocations, that was making high-end gear less likely to have Defense Damage and Defense AoE stats.
* Removed Non-Infinite Build Time Option for Easy, Medium, Hard
* Fixed bug where Squire would turn around when entering block in Chase Cam
* Pets will now attack one of the Practice Dummies in the Tavern so you can check your Pet DPS
* Added button (Default "G") to remote-activate your Eternia Crystal so you can begin the Combat phase from wherever you are

Balancing Changes:
* Nerfed Spooktacular "Van Wolfstein" weapon about 40%, and Huntress Ability 'Piercing Shot' about 30%
* Increased speed of Apprentice Staff "knockback" animation by 40%, and increased its maximum (fully charged) damage output by 50%
* Nerfed Bowling Ball & Harpoon Turrets a bit more: bowling ball & harpoon damages reduced by about 33%, attack rate reduced by about 25%, bowling ball projectiles now limited to 6 hits before breaking, harpoon projectiles now limited to 12 hits before breaking.
* Slice and Dice Tower no longer has such a vertical sweep to be effective against enemies above it
* Reduced Energy Drain rates on Electric and Ensnare Monk Auras
* Increased Insane/Post-Insane Kobold Damage by 20% and Kobold Explosion Damage radius by 20%
* 20% increase to Spike Blockade HP & its exponential HP ramp
* 30% better exponential damage ramp on Squire Circular Slice
* 40% reduction on Imp/Engy repair costs

Azar

One of my friends apparently had his Steam pets back on his Trendy account post-patch, even though he'd activated them on the open server. That's nice. Still no dragon for me, though. :(

Shai-Tan

Banned
famousmortimer said:
The move support needs some love as well though i see this as not likely since im guessing we are a small population. Mainly it needs vertical control of the camera as well, along with better turning mechanics.

i dont know if im doing it wrong but it's like dragging the camera with the reticule when L1 is pushed. feels like it's a hangover from the touch versions?!

Polo67 said:
Whats the quickest and best way to get a good pet?

It's randomized after each level completion and I believe they get better and more expensive as you level up. If you see a pet you'd like to buy but don't have the mana, make sure to lock it.

Top Bottom