• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Current Patch! 7.06b
7.06b

Squire
* Increased Squire Tower DPS by 30% from 7.06 (sorry about the over-nerf folks -- some reduction was necessary but that was too much)
* Increased Squire Harpoon, Bowling Ball, & Slicer HP ramps by 25%
* Slice & Dice Tower Z-check will only ignore stuff well above it, not below it (so it'll once again chop goblins and such approaching from below)
* Spike Blockades HP ramp reduced by about 15%

Huntress
* Increased Huntress Piercing Shot Damage Ramp by 15%

Apprentice
* Increased DST (Death Strike) Attack Rate Ramp by 10%
* Increased Lightning Tower AOE Ramp by 15%
* Increased Fireball Tower splash radius 33% and 25% projectile flight-speed increase
* Implemented exponential falloff to Mage Staff Knockback radius to prevent overlage values
* Magic Blockades HP ramp reduced by about 10%

Monk
* Increased Monk Electric & Ensnare Aura Longevity by 15%

Fixed
* Fixed Private Match joining bug.
* All Elemental Towers & Traps & Auras will no longer trigger/target on enemies that are of that element type
* Increased repair speed vs Tower HP (higher HP towers will now repair significantly faster than before, as exponential falloff is applied to the repair time)
* Fixed bug where Auras weren't reporting Summoned to the status text area

NPC
* Reduced Kobold explosion AoE to pre-7.06 value
* Beefed up Ogre's HP in singleplayer by 40%

Spooktacular!
* Make Spooktacular a teensy bit more difficult: more simultaneous enemies and a slightly tougher enemy ramp. On the other hand, made Spooktacular loot drops (not rewards) better and more rare.

UI
* More dropped items are allowed on the ground proportional to how many players are in the game

Achievement
* You are now given the tutorial achievement in Ranked mode (again), so that you can progress towards Legendary Defender

Samus4145 said:
When can we see a PS3 patch? We are dying here!

Console title updates are harder to roll out, but these will be coming to you guys some time in the future. (Sorry for the lame answer, but that's really all I know.)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hmm I guess I can live with more tower HP.
Wonder if my stuff can still one hit or if I have to grind mana to spend on upgrades :/

Holy shit god damn aifhaohfajsp

Halloween Spooktacular is alot more bullshit solo than before. Hard mode god damn.

Level 4 defense? Gone in seconds...

GG

We've started our first XBL community event. Send a message to trendyent1, trendyent2 or trendyent3 for an invite.

P.S. I'm trendyent2. ;^)

JWong

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
Console title updates are harder to roll out, but these will be coming to you guys some time in the future. (Sorry for the lame answer, but that's really all I know.)
I don't think Valve QA's PC updates, do they? Definitely not as extensive as consoles.

I just found out about this game. I think I dismissed it because of it only being 15 bucks but looking at the features and content I'm stunned...it sounds unbelievable. Loot, leveling up, strategy, pets, all this other stuff. Downloading PC demo now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hitmonchan107 said:
We've started our first XBL community event. Send a message to trendyent1, trendyent2 or trendyent3 for an invite.

P.S. I'm trendyent2. ;^)

Dang, missed out on this. I've just started getting into this game on XBLA.

Slightly Live said:
Dang, missed out on this. I've just started getting into this game on XBLA.
We're going to be doing another 360 event next Thursday. Just shoot the tags an invite, and I'll invite you in to my lobby. :^)

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Do people not run the Halloween Spectacular at any level but 70?

Pre-patch a few days ago I was solo'ing it (when it had a crapload of enemies) just fine, then mid-wave 10 lost connection (to myself) due to a steam update. Tried it again yesterday and those updated mages are a mess to deal with. Problem though, I'm level 43 and people seem to only run it on hard at level 70.

When is the event going to end? Think I may need to reach 70 as opposed to finishing it at 43. Another problem - I managed to level to get my last 30 levels from playing the halloween level this weekend sooo my campaign is screwed up since I haven't done anything since Throne Room. :-/

Ceebs

IPoopStandingUp said:
Do people not run the Halloween Spectacular at any level but 70?

Pre-patch a few days ago I was solo'ing it (when it had a crapload of enemies) just fine, then mid-wave 10 lost connection (to myself) due to a steam update. Tried it again yesterday and those updated mages are a mess to deal with. Problem though, I'm level 43 and people seem to only run it on hard at level 70.

When is the event going to end? Think I may need to reach 70 as opposed to finishing it at 43. Another problem - I managed to level to get my last 30 levels from playing the halloween level this weekend sooo my campaign is screwed up since I haven't done anything since Throne Room. :-/
It seems like it's just a bonus stage and not a timed event, so you have time. I am lvl 47 and have not even attempted it yet.

I've been totally out of the loop on gaming lately and just found out about this game. It looks awesome. I'm debating between getting it on 360 or PC, any reason to get one over the other?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
FLUXCapacitor said:
I've been totally out of the loop on gaming lately and just found out about this game. It looks awesome. I'm debating between getting it on 360 or PC, any reason to get one over the other?
PC has mod support and has already gotten 3 balance patches.

Thorhald

This game is so damn magically addicting.

I'm trying to get my friends to pick it up and join me but the early game is so slow that they are giving up on the demo in the first 10 minutes. I keep telling them it doesn't get good until lvl 20 or so when you have all your towers/etc.

All well, back to challenge farming :)

Another 1 gb patch has been released, the patch notes is pretty huge.

* Added 16-player PvP CTF Pre-Alpha Season Pass "Frostdale Village" DLC support.

* Fixed return-to-tavern crash / map-transition crash
* Fixed issue where Costumes would sometimes not be unlocked when completing Halloween Spooktacular!

* Fixed glitch where you could get "Unlocked New Mission / Costume" messages on every startup unless you did a local save

* Kobolds should no longer ever phase through blockades

* Raised cap on Monk weapon Ranged Damage stat per upgrade to 85

* Added Insta-Invest button to immediately dump in as much Mana as you can for the next Upgrade level

* Fixed bug where User Interface debug info could appear on-screen by pressing some obscure key combination

* Chain Lightning Tower now immediately retargets to new enemies after killing an enemy. Also its Attack Duration Ramp has been increased by 40%, now you get much longer-hitting lighting towers, and Lightning Tower AOE including max number of chains increased by 10%, and its Max Chain Length increased by 33%

* Uber-Chicken Pet's Damage now scales with Hero Damage and has a reasonable impact AoE, making it a fantastic boast-worthy reward for any Legendary Defender

* Fixed issue where DarkBot and Spanky pets weren't counting towards the "Gotta Catch Em All!" Achievement. If you already have those Pets, with this update you will simply need to drop those Pets from your Item Box or Hero, and pick them up or store them again, in order to have them count towards the Achievement.

* Fixed Ogres occasionally getting stuck in creep rooms on Glitterhelm

* Chicken Pet can no longer have poor number of upgrade levels

* Added simplified Monk Auras for low-quality graphics modes

* Enabled Guardians to boost multiple nearby Defenses! This is a new, upgradeable stat on all Guardians (only upgrades once every 10 levels so you need to be packing a high-level Guardian to get the most out of it). Increased Guardian boost-amount exponents by 100% so their Boost-stat value will have more of an effect as well. Enjoy it, it makes Guardians an incredibly powerful buff especially when used in team groupings!

* Auto-lock items picked up from tavern floors

* Reduced enemy ramp by over 60% for Survival Enemies (so a much quicker affair now), but now the Survival/Pure-Strat difficulty ramp vastly increased once you get past Wave 10. Moved Giraffe Pet earning to Wave 25 survival.

Slightly Live said:
Why can't the XBLA version get this love? =/
PS3 not getting any either, it is up to the devs when they want to release a complication patch to include everything. If the size of the update are this big on consoles, Microsoft probably going to charge a hefty fee.

Zomba13 said:
Why are the updates so goddamn huge?
I wonder if it is because they are already planning to launch the Thanksgiving event and prepping content for that.

The M.O.B

For those who don't go to the DD forums much, they are going to include the opposite gender for each class at some point. Teaser image below

charactertease-e1321056757391.jpg

Male Huntress
Female Apprentice
Female Squire
Female Monk

I would rather have a new class but /shrug

Erudite

The M.O.B said:
For those who don't go to the DD forums much, they are going to include the opposite gender for each class at some point.
Glad to hear it, always like the option. Hope it comes after finals, as that's when I plan to buy a 4-pack for my buddies and I to celebrate the end of the semster.

I've now played this more than a lot of retail games this year.

Considering I won't play Skyrim or any of the other big releases until early next year via holding off until Christmas, I actually think this might be in there for GoTY for me personally.

Out of curiosity, what challenges AREN'T solo-able on Insane? I've done Zippy Terror and No Towers Allowed, are there any others?

chixdiggit said:
Just noticed the Capture the flag stuff on Steam. Any thoughts? Will it stay free?
I believe it will stay free. :^)

7.10 Patch Notes

* PvE: Kills (Tower and Hero) XP is now given to all players in Coop! (Shared, but not divided)
* PvE: Big overhaul to the item generation system: item drops (chests and mobs) are now scaled differently based on difficulty and wave number, capable exceeding their previous limits, so that on the highest waves on the toughest difficulties, you're going to get items that can even beat out the challenge/boss rewards! (rarity of course still comes into play)
* All: Raised Mana Bank to 50,000,000 to better suit the higher-quality items which can now be acquired
* All: Retroactive Chicken Upgrade -- Chickens now have a minimum of 45 Upgrade Levels and a Minimum Damage
* All: Enabled VAC, finally finally finally! Took a while to work through how to move to a Game-server driven system. This also enables the "Steam Users Played With" functionality!
* PvP: Fixed Player Respawn Times on CTF

Im offically hooked to the PS3 version of this game...

I know we will be treated like step-children and not get any patch/DLC love like the PC users will but I still cant put it down lol.

I'm playing more DD then BF3 or SR3 lol...

Think I might have to buy the Steam version, but my PC is a buggy mess and I dont own a controller for it, one day tho!

garath

Hitmonchan107 said:
I believe it will stay free. :^)

7.10 Patch Notes

* PvE: Kills (Tower and Hero) XP is now given to all players in Coop! (Shared, but not divided)
* PvE: Big overhaul to the item generation system: item drops (chests and mobs) are now scaled differently based on difficulty and wave number, capable exceeding their previous limits, so that on the highest waves on the toughest difficulties, you're going to get items that can even beat out the challenge/boss rewards! (rarity of course still comes into play)
* All: Raised Mana Bank to 50,000,000 to better suit the higher-quality items which can now be acquired
* All: Retroactive Chicken Upgrade -- Chickens now have a minimum of 45 Upgrade Levels and a Minimum Damage
* All: Enabled VAC, finally finally finally! Took a while to work through how to move to a Game-server driven system. This also enables the "Steam Users Played With" functionality!
* PvP: Fixed Player Respawn Times on CTF

Finally! Shared xp! Can't wait to start playing again... after Skyrim... lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I haven't touched the console version in weeks, and I probably won't until the patch hits. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, and that the online community isn't dead by then. The PC version is pretty much a totally new game at this point.

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, I haven't touched the console version in weeks, and I probably won't until the patch hits. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, and that the online community isn't dead by then. The PC version is pretty much a totally new game at this point.

I picked the game up last week and every night, including last night, my server list is PACKED! Even when I create a game it gets filled in 5minutes tops and if I go to my tavern online people drop in and out over and over again (yeah I shouldnt hng in the tavern in online mode I know lol)

Oh course alot of the servers are hosted by lvl 50+'s but I find my level range (20ish) fairly easy every night.

DryvBy

I really enjoyed this game until the trophy sync issue popped up and ruined that for me. I really think it's lame I'm hearing, "It takes time...". Why not pull the game since it's breaking the sync feature of PlayStations?

Oh yeah... the almighty $$.. I forgot.

PuMa

I really enjoyed this game until the trophy sync issue popped up and ruined that for me. I really think it's lame I'm hearing, "It takes time...". Why not pull the game since it's breaking the sync feature of PlayStations?

Oh yeah... the almighty $$.. I forgot.

Yeah, the sync issue is a huge pain for me right now...

Additional Information
Requires Steam account for game installation and activation.

says amazon.

Missed that section. Then it's a pretty good deal for anyone waiting to jump on this. Also get $5 promo credit towards MW3 or BF3, which is likely for the PC version.

Son of a bitch! I just bought this game after playing the demo. Ah wells, I can tell I'm going to be incredibly addicted to this. Is there a list of Gaffers playing this game? I would love to try this multiplayer eventually.

There is a Steam group for DD that some Gaffers joined, not sure about the activity of the group however.

also 1.3 gb patch yippie :/

Steam currently has a sale on Dungeon Defenders as well $7.49. Of course if you are still on the fence, wwait til the last day of the sale to see if there is anymore price drop, but that seems unlikely.

Steam and Amazon has different pets you get for purchasing.

The M.O.B

Patch Notes, Biggest patch yet.

7.11 Update Notes

* All: Added 4 New Heroes for play: the Adept, the Countess, the Initiate, and the Ranger
* PvE: Added "Warping Core Challenge Pack", and added "The Great Turkey Hunt!" TrendyNet Event & four new corresponding Hero costumes

* All: Increased maximum number of profile Heroes to 16.
* All: Magic Staffs Knockback Max Damage Multiplier changes to 1.8 (the same as Magic Bolt Projectiles) rather than 1.5
* All: Upgraded weapons have improved resale value
* All: Added Auto-Refire (hold mouse button) For Squire and Monk attacks (both Monk attacks), and Apprentice staffs (hold RMB+LMB to keep auto-refiring, hold just the LMB if you want to Charge).
* All: Hero Info UI stat point application can now be combined with the following modifier buttons: RMB removes a point, Shift with LMB/RMB adds/removes 5 points, and Ctrl with LMB/RMB adds/removes all points to a stat.
* All: Gamepad users can now set an online game name when they Host
* All: Changed Lobby Searches to be Worldwide (still ordered by distance of course). Sorry about that guys, no more region-locking!
* All: Fixed one more case of an erroneous VAC failure.
* All: Added Linear Upgrade Multiplier for Defense Upgrades -- this will linearly buff the Health and Damage of an Upgraded Defense according the following table (percents are each from the base value): 1st Upgrade +20%, 2nd Upgrade +40%, 3rd Upgrade +60%, 4th Upgrade +80%, 5th Upgrade +100%
* All: Chicken Damage buffed by 33%
* All: At the Hero Info UI, added on-screen mouse-keyboard combinations for faster level-up point applications and removal, particularly useful when respecing
* All: Fixed issue with Gamepad Left Trigger not correctly activating the "Invest All" button on the Equipment Info UI

* PvE: Super-Loot scaling added to all INSANE Challenges
* PvE: Shop gets restocked every 5 waves of Survival/Pure-Strat/Mix that you play, with the latest and greatest stuff.
* PvE: Super-Loot re-added to Pure Strat & Shop, at their own scaling rates
* PvE: Ogre Poison Ball no longer damages Eternia Crystals
* PvE: Moved loot tables to scale several waves earlier (better loot earlier on)
* PvE: Adding Super-Loot back into PS and Shops, ramp values forthcoming...
* PvE: Limited enemy projectile flight-distances to 3000 units, to avoid long-flight stray arrows and projectiles causing game loss
* PvE: Buffed Mix Mode Loot Ramp about 20%
* PvE: Active (non-retired) Heroes boost boost the Damage output of towers they specifically summoned by 33% (indicated via a Hero Face Icon on the tower's floating HUD)
* PvE: Buffed Monk's "Defense Boost" ability Heal-Amount Ramp by 15%
* PvE: Removed the Dark Elf Warriors' 3-second Spawn Immunity
* PvE: Skeletons will no longer target or damage Eternia Crystals
* PvE: Any Hero XP earned is now also automatically applied as Investment in your equipped Pet, though at a 50% conversion rate

* PvP: Changed existing CTF Map to "Hold the Flag", added new CTF map that is 2-flag base-oriented traditional Capture the Flag gameplay.

The M.O.B

DLC is up now.

For a limited time, $3.99 for all gender classes.

And $1.99 for some Warping Core challanges.

The Thanksgiving Hunt is free.

If anyone wants to do some runs add me

Steam ID: titankiller2

Just a heads up: If you guys see anyone trying to sell items for USD or out-of-game items (like Steam games, etc.), shoot me a PM on here with a screenshot and the person's Steam username.

The M.O.B

Just hit the 100hr mark on this game.

$15 for 100hrs of gameplay..............yeah it was worth it.

Nothing left to do now except finish up the last few achievements I gotta get.

Hopefully they raise the lvl cap soon, I got 5 lvl 70 characters already :/

Oh and a few notes on things they should add/change/ or get rid of.

- Let players re-arrange their character slots, I like to have my mains on the front page and secondary on the 2nd page.

- Hats

- Armor is boring, it doesn't make your characters look different, glow, or anything. you level it up and that's that.

- Towers should change in appearance once upgraded. This is pretty standard in any game related to tower defense.

Edgeward

So I started this game again after not being able to play as my co-op buddy is never around to play and was pleasantly surprised to see my pre-order bonus pet that was previously locked to my open characters only, show up in my ranked chars inventory. Yay. No longer mad, I guess it's time to start playing this semi regularly now.

And a random had to tell me I can press G to ready up instead of running to the crystal. lol So out of the loop on what's been happening.

Top Bottom