• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Eliciel

cool, this dlc shit is pretty much the nail in the coffin causing me to not want to play this anymore. Always good to have validation.

lol come on with the "sales" offer from steam I paid like $6? for the game + all dlc... I think this game is worth even more because it's mindless fun with friends in coop. I think those DLC are really good for the players who are interested in grinding + evolving their characters.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Don't know if it's Sony or Trendy who are responsible, but to whoever finally got the trophy bug fixed on the PS3 version, thank you.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Saw the trailer, bought the DLC pack immediately. This game is more than worth it. I own it on Steam, XBLA, and have the android version on my Transformer.

For a few days I was so addicted that I had a whole tower defense dream, complete with DD sound effects.

Javaman

I'm normally anti-paid DLC, but I'm going to scoop up the combo pack. This game has been a pretty good bang for the buck so far and as long as some free stuff keeps coming out (like the thanksgiving and halloween maps and uber fest) I don't mind kicking a few more bucks their way. They REALLY need to fix the steam related disconnects though. It sucks to get an hour or two into a game and have everyone get booted right when things are getting intense.

Was the level cap increased without buying the DLC?

Neki

went to go do an uber monster fest, some guy gave me 100k mana to upgrade my weapon.

we proceed to go in with 7 people, and unbearable lag hits us, and we all d/c

good times.

feel bad for the guy though,

Javaman

went to go do an uber monster fest, some guy gave me 100k mana to upgrade my weapon.

we proceed to go in with 7 people, and unbearable lag hits us, and we all d/c

good times.

feel bad for the guy though,
100k is nothing in the later levels of the game. You can earn that from just a pickup or two.

Eliciel

Is there anyone who's downloaded the new DLC? Any first impressions? How's Nightmare mode? How are the new maps?

thank you in advance

Tried to get the achievement for the steam sale thing by doing the new free DLC....got all the way through to the boss and lost (solo). I needed to "defend santa" I didn't even know where he was. And that snowman boss had 800k health.

Eliciel

Beat it easily on Medium, after giving up on Insane. It's pretty damn rough on Insane.

yeah and it's nearly unbeatable on nightmare...;) I think you will need all mythical equipment fully upgraded + specialty builds (dps, tower). Teamwork + a good strategy and overview.

Nightmare is a big difference from insane..It's really extremely hard. Like comparing Easy to Insane. That's the step from insane to nightmare

I'm on a 70 squire (dps; nearly 50k and 110k with rage) + 70 apprentice (tower) and I'm getting my ass kicked big time @ nightmare. Can't even kill a single wave properly on my own. So you'll definitely need a team ;)

Next step: Monk 70 tower build, Hunter 70 Tower Build, Monk/Hunter Dps Build. Farming with Aprrentice Tower Build...fastest possible way imo. With Monk,Hunter tower Build you can get past those lvl 20 waves on survival to get the "expensive" loot.

I can't get by the 2nd wave of the first level on nightmare. And I have 50k dps and my tower builders are all in gear with 30-50 ^s

Nightmare indeed.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
The Christmas achievement is kicking my ass. I'm around level 45, and can't do it solo, and have had no luck with multiplayer, people just run around doing random shit and losing. Some level 70 came into one of my games and just kept laying traps down everywhere, and not helping. lol

Hey sorry, can someone clarify for me: all the platforms can play together except 360? Does this include the mobile versions? I know I'm a little lttp here.

The Christmas achievement is kicking my ass. I'm around level 45, and can't do it solo, and have had no luck with multiplayer, people just run around doing random shit and losing. Some level 70 came into one of my games and just kept laying traps down everywhere, and not helping. lol

haven't done this one yet but if you want to hit me up we can try it.

Edit: Got done. Had to do it on easy and it still gave me some trouble. I can help anyone that needs it. Add me on Steam. Link in Profile.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Yeah, it's way harder than anything else I've done so far in the game, even on easy. It's ridiculous. I got to the boss round, but had no idea where the fuck santa was and by time I found him he was almost dead.

edit: Well, got some level 70 to help me, and it was a lot easier.

Lanbeast

What do you guys think is the best class for leveling the hero instead of defense? Played through a bunch of levels as a Monk and leveled my auras, while my buddy played a squire and leveled both.

Eliciel

What do you guys think is the best class for leveling the hero instead of defense? Played through a bunch of levels as a Monk and leveled my auras, while my buddy played a squire and leveled both.

First of all the easiest way to level is tower build..for later game you'll need tower build: monk, huntress and squire and I would also recommend an apprentice tower build. That's the fastest way of earning mana +levels. And you'll need a lot of mana so you're going to play a lot of survival and try to reach wave 20+.

As far as your question is concerned I think huntress and monk is a good choice because later in the game especially the ninjas are kicking everybodys ass so you need to stay away from them or at least have the ability to attack them from a distance. Nevertheless I also prefer a good old squire high resistance + decent dmg and + high hp build.

In the end it's all a question of Equipment. You won't believe what a squire dps build with full equipped mythic and maxed out blood rage can output....you really won't ;)

1-D_FTW

Okay. *crosses off his list*. I'm level 0. So not an achievement I'm going for.

C.T.

I experience a lot of crashes after the latest DLC. My OS is Win 7 64 bit sandy bridge and a radeon 6870.

MrDaravon

The console version of this is really disappointing in comparison to the PC version, but my friends and I can't all reasonably get together to play it on PC. Also at $4 each that's more than what I paid for the game to get all the DLC. I'd be more forgiving if we'd gotten all the patches and little content that the PC players have, but come on man :(. Waiting for a sale on all the DLC or something before I pick this back up on 360, it's just disappointing at this point.

If someone is nice and helps you level on insane? 1 hour? Want to play with me?

I would take you up on the offer but I'm playing coop with my wife and I don't think she wants to cheese the game just for the achievement.

Thanks for offering though! Any idea how long this takes playing normally?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Why does this game download a 500mb patch every 3 days for such minor fixes/reverts? Christ, Trendy, test your game a little.

SyNapSe

I'd love to play with some gaffers. My friends got me hooked playing on their XBL.
The last few times I've joined matches, it seems like the Squire class is god tier. They can block off every entrance and use catapult type things to control the center solo. They seem real good compared to every other class so far.

Gileadxv

Banned
Beat it easily on Medium, after giving up on Insane. It's pretty damn rough on Insane.

My buddy and I started playing last night on the PC (Apprentice/Squire), and man, we got our butt kicked on the final wave on level 2! The difficulty spike goes off the charts out of nowhere! We actually managed to kill everything but the giant ogre. Still, that jump in difficulty was...strange!

Toki767

How does cross platform work here? I'd imagine you can't play on like the PS3 and move your character to play on PC right?

C.T.

I would take you up on the offer but I'm playing coop with my wife and I don't think she wants to cheese the game just for the achievement.

Thanks for offering though! Any idea how long this takes playing normally?

I could give you an improved low level item or something. then even strong enemies wont matter. Best way to level is survival. And Maps on insane of course. Best way to start is as squire. Put all you skill points in tower str, hp and attack frequency.

squire=
good hp, good towers, good anti air (harpoons)
bad speed
mage has good towers as well but has elemental towers and some enemies are immune to fire and electricity. If you build just fire towers enemies break through etc. (Some level 70 player still forget that :D) The weakest tower is elemental neutral I think.
Monk is a nice support class with his slow and weak auras.
For mid and late play always have a tower built and a damage build. Improve your tower stats on your weapon too for your tower built and change to your damage bult after the building phase. My squire destroyes everything on insane levels, I sometimes have to berserk with my squire to kill ogres with high hp. I tried nightmare difficulty but its nearly impossible with a squire. The ogres deal too much damage to get close. Attacking from afar is better. Item sets give you huge bonuses.

Is it easy for a new player to ge into this one at this point? I mean is everyone at max lvl now and have all the dlc while I just bought the game last night.
Also do I have to level each character separately or ?
Oh and is it the game meant for co-op only or can you enjoy it solo as well?

InertiaXr

Am I missing something in this game? I'm on the 2nd map, 'Foundries and Forges', and I'm having no problems at all through the first 5 wave, then the last one spawns a troll with 22k HP when I have never seen anything with more than 500 health, and he kills me in 2 shots. Do I need to grind the very first level a bunch to level up enough to kill this guy or what? I'm playing single player btw, if that's the problem.

Javaman

Am I missing something in this game? I'm on the 2nd map, 'Foundries and Forges', and I'm having no problems at all through the first 5 wave, then the last one spawns a troll with 22k HP when I have never seen anything with more than 500 health, and he kills me in 2 shots. Do I need to grind the very first level a bunch to level up enough to kill this guy or what? I'm playing single player btw, if that's the problem.
What class are you playing? It's pretty important to have access to a class that can stop mobs. The app has a magic wall that removes their immunity and the hero can build spiked walls that are stronger and can damage the foe. This gives you more time to whail on the baddy. The monk can cast a weaken aura spell that greatly reduces the enemy's strength.

Top Bottom