• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

DD is one of my favourite co-op games, thanks for showing up in this thread!

Just a couple of requests...

1. Please include an option in the PS3 version to change L1+R1 functions to L2+R2 and vice versa, the Dualshock triggers aren't very nice to press...

2. Are you going to make a Vita port? :D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What's up with the total lack of pc updates lately? For bettor or wores there were ones every couple of days, but it's going on towards a month or two. Are there any plans to smooth the chasm between insane and nightmare?
There was a PC update on December 23rd. You should be thanking Trendy for not shoving 'minor' 500mb patches down their users' throats to fix one ity bity thing about nightmare mode scaling every other day.

scy

:/ Nightmare is being an awkward roadblock. Can't do NM HC MM Survival very well and trying to get upgrades out of NM HC Endless Spires isn't working so well. Dunno what to do besides farming mana and mass upgrading things. At least I can solo add extra people to regular Endless Spires to get more loot. I guess.

:/ Nightmare is being an awkward roadblock. Can't do NM HC MM Survival very well and trying to get upgrades out of NM HC Endless Spires isn't working so well. Dunno what to do besides farming mana and mass upgrading things. At least I can solo add extra people to regular Endless Spires to get more loot. I guess.

Whats fabulous is there are people protecting NMs broken scale on trendys forum saying its just for the "skilled" that can do it lol.

scy

Whats fabulous is there are people protecting NMs broken scale on trendys forum saying its just for the "skilled" that can do it lol.

Well, I may need to work on some builds but it just feels like I need to bridge a gap from ~600 in most my stats to ~800+ on my Apprentice and Monk. NM HC MM Survival on the maps I'm familiar with (Alchemical, Hall, Spires) just isn't working so well, though last Spires try was me screwing up. Just need to get to 15 and I'll feel better about things.

To be fair, I do have like ~80+ upgrades to go on most their equipment so it's not like I've exhausted all my opportunities or something ... was just hoping to not have to do that, lol.

I actually don't mind the jump to NM for the most part. Spiders are a nuisance, sure, but it hasn't been "DEAR LORD RIDICULOUS" yet except it's made my DPS Huntress and Countess feel like a giant wasted mana sink.

InertiaXr

I've been playing this almost exclusively with a friend for the past couple of weeks (ever since the Amazon $2 sale) and have been having tremendous fun. Boy does it start off pretty terrible though, 2nd level with the ogre was way too hard first time around on medium, my guy was slow as shit, but getting through that it becomes pretty great. I'm a Squire and he's a Apprentice, both lvl 71 now, and what do you guys recommend we do to get to 74 and some better gear? We are almost done going through the story maps on insane now, but we don't have the DLC for nightmare and I'm kind of lost on where we should go next.

I recently bought some sword off a dudes shop and upgraded it to max level and so I do about 10k dps now, and he has been pumping points into his towers exclusively so they do whatever ungodly amounts of damage now, just as a reference point for the type of damage output we are able to do.

scy

I'm a Squire and he's a Apprentice, both lvl 71 now, and what do you guys recommend we do to get to 74 and some better gear? We are almost done going through the story maps on insane now, but we don't have the DLC for nightmare and I'm kind of lost on where we should go next.

Glitterhelm Insane shouldn't be too bad with some Squire walls even without Monk Auras (notably STR Drain). If all else fails, Ramparts Insane isn't too bad for EXP and it's a relatively short map (and so much smaller than Glitterhelm so Build time is shorter).

What's up with the total lack of pc updates lately? For bettor or wores there were ones every couple of days, but it's going on towards a month or two. Are there any plans to smooth the chasm between insane and nightmare?
You hit the nail on the head with the "for worse" part. We've slowed down our patches to test them more. And tweaking Nightmare is something we're still looking at.

Also, I'm on GAF mobile and don't know if I can quote multiple people, but I'll pass the trigger suggestion along, and bringing DunDef to Vita is an idea that we've shown interest in.

Javaman

I just made the leap to level 74 from 73 a couple of days ago and the increase in power is absurd once you can equip Mythical gear. I hate to say it but I think the best way to get into nightmare is to ride on someone else's coattails. That's what I did that night and ended up getting some amazing gear (thanks diachotomy!) We did the alchemist map on nightmare/hardcore/mixed and I was just a useless blob of meat within the fist couple of seconds of starting each round. We made it all the way to level 18 before an ogre somehow shifted through a magic wall. The beginning ststs are the most important. You get MASSIVELY diminishing returns in upgrading equipment past 100. Millions of mana for one extra point? No thanks. I hadn't had a chance to get things upgraded at all but it's nice to know I can finally begin to hammer on the nightmare mode without spending hundreds of hours in a boring grindfest. If there one thing I think trendy needs to fix most it's to reduce the upgrade levels down to a reasonable max of 70 and boost the beginning stats by the same amount.

scy

Look away from screen, get one-shotted, watch towers die without Apprentice Guardian going.

Well ... good to know it's that effective! Damn Mistymire NM lol

Fewr

I just bought the 360 version of this. I have two questions:
1. How is experience distributed in coop matches? Evenly? Only for mobs I kill?
2. How is loot distributed? Can I grab all loot I see because that's mine only and the rest of the people don't see it?

I just bought the 360 version of this. I have two questions:
1. How is experience distributed in coop matches? Evenly? Only for mobs I kill?
2. How is loot distributed? Can I grab all loot I see because that's mine only and the rest of the people don't see it?

The PC version got equal share not too long ago, so 360 is stuck with what you kill for now, that means you have to get the killing blow, majority damage rule doesn't apply. You should also get some exp at the end of each wave anyway, so it's not like you'll lag behind that much if you aren't getting the kills during the wave.

Shared loot. All loot is finders keepers. Any loot left on the ground at the start of a wave will be sold off and split between the team.

Fewr

Any loot left on the ground at the start of a wave will be sold off and split between the team.

Ah ok, thanks. I was wondering this because the people I played with on xbl were leaving all loot behind. They probably meant to split it evenly. I did not understand and took the stuff that benefitted me.

Audioboxer

Why does this game disable trophies if you play with two PSN accounts locally on one PS3? My girl and I are trying to do co-op with each other on a shared PS3.

balddemon

Banned
PRobably cuz you can get 2 of your own characters on there using controllers and make it easier ot get better loot or something. idk lol that sucks though

scy

Reminds me, took me way longer than it should have but I finally solo'd NM Mistymire :|

Hooray, Survival ... oh boy.

Anyone wanna do some survival on NM with me? Steam ID is balddemon

Here's my current outfit for my Tower Apprentice and "Tower" Monk and DPS Huntress.

Ive been bored the last few days and really want the mythical defender achievement so i can run a few with you, though i cant say ive done any survival NM i am about 1/2 way through normal story on NM

Reminds me, took me way longer than it should have but I finally solo'd NM Mistymire :|

Hooray, Survival ... oh boy.

Stats.???

i got a +1000 tower app and a little less DPS hunter....how far i got till i can expect to pull this off?

balddemon

Banned
Ive been bored the last few days and really want the mythical defender achievement so i can run a few with you, though i cant say ive done any survival NM i am about 1/2 way through normal story on NM

Stats.???

i got a +1000 tower app and a little less DPS hunter....how far i got till i can expect to pull this off?

Ok so which one of you added me? That was qiuck lol.

Um Jack, the only way I beat NM MM was by joining a group doing it and they killed the boss lmao. I think what they did was stick a mage blockade for the queen to land on/attack and just pelted her with MM and mass deeps. Towers gotta be able to stand on their own for short periods while you buff the queen towers and repairthe wall she's attacking.

blackflag

What is the best way to go about beginning with this game? Should I just jump online with randoms or level up in offline play? '

The only thing I've done so far is start out with archer and try countless times to beat the first non tutorial level....Still couldn't do it at level 7. So I tried Squire from level 1 and beat it first try.

balddemon

Banned
Ya don't do offline ever unless you're jacking with mods.

Online with randoms is fun, didn't really meet anyone that way, but it was fun. I mostly played with a friend or two who had the game as well.

Ok so which one of you added me? That was qiuck lol.

Um Jack, the only way I beat NM MM was by joining a group doing it and they killed the boss lmao. I think what they did was stick a mage blockade for the queen to land on/attack and just pelted her with MM and mass deeps. Towers gotta be able to stand on their own for short periods while you buff the queen towers and repairthe wall she's attacking.

i added.

What is the best way to go about beginning with this game? Should I just jump online with randoms or level up in offline play? '

The only thing I've done so far is start out with archer and try countless times to beat the first non tutorial level....Still couldn't do it at level 7. So I tried Squire from level 1 and beat it first try.

Ranked-Private....I suggest playing solo for just a little while till YOU get the gist of the game then find some friends.
Unfortunatly online (as usual) is riddled with assholes and hackers so solo/gaf is the way i go. I suggested solo cause you can get powerleveled to top but youll be kinda worthless (and annoying) if people have to guide you and your top level.

feel free to add me if you want and when you get the hang of it a little well run some missions XD

scy

Stats.???

Off the top of my head, 750/1500/500/550 on my Apprentice with an App Guardian, who knows what my Aura Monk is, and I used my DPS Huntress until Wave 11 just to mana farm with a Genie. It's really not such a bad fight but just terribly, terribly long since it's ~50M HP to go through. I probably could have done it much earlier but I kept screwing things up on the fight and it's demoralizing when you die at <5M HP so I just farmed gear and mana for awhile.

It's mostly about the layout. Four choke points need to be covered with basically LT + 2x FB with appropriate walls. Ensnare every choke and Ensnare + Strength Drain where Queen spawns. For the boss fight, just be prepared to run around everywhere repairing barricades and towers. Replace DPS towers the Queen destroys as fast as you can and doubly so if a barricade goes down somewhere.

I will say this though, I got her to stick on a barricade for about ~20-25M of her health which was nice. Then she just started plowing all my MM towers without a care in the world :(

blackflag

i added.

Ranked-Private....I suggest playing solo for just a little while till YOU get the gist of the game then find some friends.
Unfortunatly online (as usual) is riddled with assholes and hackers so solo/gaf is the way i go. I suggested solo cause you can get powerleveled to top but youll be kinda worthless (and annoying) if people have to guide you and your top level.

feel free to add me if you want and when you get the hang of it a little well run some missions XD

Great man thanks. Just don't want to play with people that are much higher level so I'll try that.

balddemon

Banned
Maybe Lord Hitmonchan the Absolute could help some silly, base noobs such as ourselves... :D

don't lose your job bro!1!]/spoiler]

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Really digging into the 360 version with a friend on co-op. Stupid amounts of fun. Installed the Steam version and the amount of extra content made me a sad panda. Ah well, I have both versions anyways. Guess I have an excuse to play the game twice as much.

balddemon

Banned
suicide helm run ftl

hahaha I feel ya bro

---

So yeah this game was starting to make me angry. Strats I used successfully in solo got overrun SO bad with 3 people (like on NM Ramparts, smh). Time for a break and food....then onto Spires campaign farming for pets T_T

hahaha I feel ya bro

---

So yeah this game was starting to make me angry. Strats I used successfully in solo got overrun SO bad with 3 people (like on NM Ramparts, smh). Time for a break and food....then onto Spires campaign farming for pets T_T

yeah it did get a little nuts...i usually put a deadly striker in that back corner where the dual crystals at and a lightning in that vacinity but there was just too much...dunno if that wouldve helped

balddemon

Banned
So. Question. How do I know if some of the gear I buy is modded or not? Like, I bought an Ogre Party Hat without a second thought earlier tonight, but now I think about it, 35k wep dmg seems a little on the high side. It's got 220+ ups, which I'm not even sure if possible, although I haven't played NM Ogre Crush enough to find out. And a lot of the gear I have gives me some damn high stats...some of it I've found on later waves in NM MM HC Survival, but others I've bought.

Anyone willing to give me some peace of mind?

EDIT: I can post some pictures tomorrow or Monday if need be.

EDITagain: Another reason I ask is because someone accused me of having hacked gear tonight....because my armor has 200+ slots and all but the last one is upgraded (bought that way...for what was pretty cheap - which is another reason I'm concerned) and my resists weren't all maxed (like 90/88/87/90). However, that was easily remedied by leveling them all once and adding the 2% resist to the stats that needed it...but he made me paranoid that he is going to report me on the official forums. Kicked me right after he accused me.

So another question, brought on by my paranoia: if you're banned from DD, are you banned from Steam too?

So. Question. How do I know if some of the gear I buy is modded or not? Like, I bought an Ogre Party Hat without a second thought earlier tonight, but now I think about it, 35k wep dmg seems a little on the high side. It's got 220+ ups, which I'm not even sure if possible, although I haven't played NM Ogre Crush enough to find out. And a lot of the gear I have gives me some damn high stats...some of it I've found on later waves in NM MM HC Survival, but others I've bought.

Anyone willing to give me some peace of mind?

EDIT: I can post some pictures tomorrow or Monday if need be.

EDITagain: Another reason I ask is because someone accused me of having hacked gear tonight....because my armor has 200+ slots and all but the last one is upgraded (bought that way...for what was pretty cheap - which is another reason I'm concerned) and my resists weren't all maxed (like 90/88/87/90). However, that was easily remedied by leveling them all once and adding the 2% resist to the stats that needed it...but he made me paranoid that he is going to report me on the official forums. Kicked me right after he accused me.

So another question, brought on by my paranoia: if you're banned from DD, are you banned from Steam too?

thats probably legit (or im in alot of trouble....i got a few ^200 or dam close XD ).
as far as a VAC ban it will be DD only i believe.

balddemon

Banned
thats probably legit (or im in alot of trouble....i got a few ^200 or dam close XD ).
as far as a VAC ban it will be DD only i believe.

Yeah well I found some gear yesterday with 504 to one stat and 368 to another....lol

I hope Hitmonchan looks here sometime.......

so he can answer me this:

WHERE THE HELL IS THE PATCH?! I have an interview in 3 hours and I want to have time to get my Barbarian to 74 lol

Nekobo

Any word if us poor, neglected console peasants will be getting the new character classes? I'd totally get the PC version, but my friends and I prefer playing via split screen on a huge ass TV.

balddemon

Banned
Any word if us poor, neglected console peasants will be getting the new character classes? I'd totally get the PC version, but my friends and I prefer playing via split screen on a huge ass TV.

No :(

Last night, we posted the news that nobody wanted to see. We had come to the conclusion that the PC-only content -- the new heroes, the Holiday DLC, and yes, even Nightmare Mode -- would be staying PC-only. You can read more about it here. I know that’s a hard pill to swallow. I felt terrible writing that post, and I can’t imagine being on the receiving end of it.

Yeah well I found some gear yesterday with 504 to one stat and 368 to another....lol

I hope Hitmonchan looks here sometime.......

so he can answer me this:

WHERE THE HELL IS THE PATCH?! I have an interview in 3 hours and I want to have time to get my Barbarian to 74 lol
Tomorrow the 31st.....delayed again

Nekobo

WTF. Now I feel horrible about telling my friends about the DLC classes that we'll never get to play.

And no, we're not buying this game on our PCs and replaying everything again.

balddemon

Banned
Tomorrow the 31st.....delayed again
Well shit. Now what do I do today lol
WTF. Now I feel horrible about telling my friends about the DLC classes that we'll never get to play.

And no, we're not buying this game on our PCs and replaying everything again.
It's really easy to get from 1-74. Just takes a couple hours? 1-70 is done in 2 Insane glitter runs, which I could run you through when we get Barbarians, and 70-74 takes like 10? So maybe more than 2 hours, but still it's not hard to do at all. And it's nice when all you have to do is repair and upgrade stuff and afk otherwise.

balddemon

Banned
lawl I was thinking about doing that....could use a huntress guardian -_-

Also here's the news posted by our (their?) very own Hitmonchan

Just moments ago, we received this letter in the mail:

Barbarian-Letter-e1327948610758.jpg

Sadly, the Barbarian never learned to read or write. (Another victim of the Etherian public education system.) Our in-house handwriting analyst believes the loops and swirls means he&#8217;s taking a break today to hone his skills a little more. The life of the Barbarian is no easy livin'. From slaughtering hordes of senseless beasts to keeping those pec muscles toned, every day is a struggle to meet those lofty expectations of greatness.

Our search party has been sent out to find him. We're confident that we'll find him, reprimand him and release him to you sometime tomorrow. That means the Assault Mission Pack and the patch will also be coming out tomorrow.

Until then, enjoy these snippets from the release trailer. (What&#8217;s that? I don&#8217;t recall saying trailer.)

Screenshot4-e1327948475153.jpg

Screenshot3-e1327948510878.jpg

capsule_mainBarbarian-e1327948523111.jpg

Note: AMP and the Patch will be released tomorrow as well. We're taking some extra time to incorporate some feedback from the Beta, among other things, so it'll be worth the wait!

Also, I want my barb to have dual katanas! Samurai Jack and Jill ftw

Nekobo

It's really easy to get from 1-74. Just takes a couple hours? 1-70 is done in 2 Insane glitter runs, which I could run you through when we get Barbarians, and 70-74 takes like 10? So maybe more than 2 hours, but still it's not hard to do at all. And it's nice when all you have to do is repair and upgrade stuff and afk otherwise.

I know. This probably sounds like sentimental hogwash to PC gamers, but part of the appeal is getting together with my friends (who also prefer console gaming) to play a co-op game in the same room for hours. Like we did back in high school and college. For the four of us, that's our preferred way of playing something together.

So yeah, this news is a bit disheartening. I'm still getting the rest of the DLC quests, but yeah...disappointing. I was really hoping the new classes would give the game new legs for us as a group.

balddemon

Banned
Nah Neko, I feel ya, I do that too, just with Madden and shit. It does suck console players are getting shafted though. Maybe it has to do with the certifications for consoles or something. Doesn't it take A LOT to get patches through on consoles?
He better not be OP. Pay for OP characters blow chunks.

otherwise lol the forum is an uproar again over this (kinda rightfully so)
Yeah :( I'm disappointed, was looking forward to it. Can I join you in farming pets? I don't wanna build shit >_> I'll just tank with my Countess.

Nah Neko, I feel ya, I do that too, just with Madden and shit. It does suck console players are getting shafted though. Maybe it has to do with the certifications for consoles or something. Doesn't it take A LOT to get patches through on consoles?
Yeah :( I'm disappointed, was looking forward to it. Can I join you in farming pets? I don't wanna build shit >_> I'll just tank with my Countess.

anytime.

Im just running spires NMHC....got 2 10manas in last 2 days (just got a dope genie though)

Yeah, our beta team wanted another day to make sure all of the kinks were out. Sorry for the delay, gang!

it is what it is, not a big deal....you wouldnt have these problems if you had Gaf beta guys! (hint hint)

On another note is there any better specced guys that can help me with a Mysty NM run....its pissing me off cause I can solo to boss but cant beat so cant do survivor to get the gear so i can have 2million stats. All the hosters want crazy requirements....my DPS guy is full 90%res,60(40) boost,5star APP guardian and got like 700k dps(hardly a scrub toon).
I also got a App with like 1300+ tower

ZeroCoin

Is there a good resource available to the console players? Looking through the wiki it seems to be either woefully outdated information, or tailored to the PC release. Even the trendy console boards are mostly people complaining about the DLC they are missing out on.

Top Bottom