• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Nekobo

Dont....its the worse thing you can do to yourself....Nothing worse then a max leveled guy that dont know what they doing.

Ill add you and run a few rounds with you tomorrow though XD

EDIT: cant find you...here you can add me if youd like
http://steamcommunity.com/id/JakkuFurosu

Oh no worries, I'm a Level 63 Apprentice on the PS3 version and I'm pretty familiar with the other three basic classes. I know the PC version has different rules, but I have a general idea of how to play. I'd rather not have to grind my way through the main game again. ^^;;

I'll add you later today. :)

Taffer

I still think Nightmare is ace, but now I hate the Goblin Mech more than ever before. Mythical levels of hatred now, anyone got any cunning tricks to use on him as an app solo? I could switch my squire to a tower build but the apprentice is my main and it'd feel wrong to miss doing this one map as him.

I still think Nightmare is ace, but now I hate the Goblin Mech more than ever before. Mythical levels of hatred now, anyone got any cunning tricks to use on him as an app solo? I could switch my squire to a tower build but the apprentice is my main and it'd feel wrong to miss doing this one map as him.

lol i love the goblin mech....everytime the closeup comes with him smoking the cigar i laugh.

i solod him pretty easily on nm and my stats are ass...basically iirc i used walls 1MM, 1FT,1LT, and 1ds right up the middles with like 1 wall on the top sides with a MM covering that, but make sure the MM covers the corrider AND the center...genie up and lean towards the EAST side for upgrades cause thats where he spawns i believe.

this was pre nerf but my stats have never been superb so im sure i could rip through it still if need be.

EDIT: i have hc nm completed on that so this was actually post nerf so you should be ok

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
My adventures into the Nightmarish thickets of the Mistymire forest continue. With each successive run I funneled the riches back into my gear and occasionally spotted something sexy to replace the rags I was wearing.

Now I feel I cannot go any further. Each trip into the forest brings with it an appearance of the Queen spider herself, buffed by the powerful Eternia shard.

My defences crumble. My spirit becomes quickly as broken as my spine.

2012-02-17_00005.jpg

I'm at loss here now. Standing at the forest's edge as I prepare myself for yet another daring encounter with the Queen, I know today is not the day for her defeat.

My dreams haunt me. I dream I am a mighty warrior standing 20 foot tall. The Queen would surely fall against my might. But my dreams end short of an actual victory against the Queen and now failure accompanies me in my rest at night as well the day.

I hear rumours there is a secret, powerful weapon that might allow me to realise my dreams. The Shroomites whisper these rumours to me, terified that the Queen might hear them.

"In the Mushrrom Kingdom a hero used a magical shroom to grow in size and defeat evil. Maybe you can do this too!"

Maybe I have a chance. I just need to find one of these magic mushrooms.

2012-02-17_00002.jpg

Then I'll beat the Queen for sure!

balddemon

Banned
7.17e
* Barbarian gets HP boost in PvP like other Hero Classes now
* 45% HP boost to all Heroes in NM (except Squire, Countess, and Barb, -- they're equalized with the others now)
* Defense Boost (1.65x) and Hero Boost Healing (4x) buffed for NM
* 10% Resistances effectiveness buff to NM
* Fixed bug with homing projectiles not homing (Spider Webs, Dragon Fireballs, etc)
* Mistymire Survival restored to 30 waves (was an error)
* 5% buff to Mix Mode item Quality
* DDDK Updated to 7.17e including example "Assault" map (Tree of Life Assault)

This patch should, uh, make it easier for you to beat NM. Unless all the defenses are equalized, Squire towers are going to be nucking futs

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
7.18b
* Battle Royale: 2 points awarded for Player kills, 1 point loss for death-by-monster. Made Demon in this map only attack 60% as often. Reduced number of kills required for Insane and NM victories.
* Increased PvP Players HP by NM multiplier on all difficulties
* Fixed an issue where players couldn't see the names DLC maps selected in other people's Taverns if they didn't own the content.
* Added missing songs to the Tavern jukebox
* Updated DDDK to 7.18b, including new precompiled shaders.

* Added "Battle Royale" Event content...
* Switched TrendyNet encryption API to use custom libraries, not Win32 cryptography. Should resolve the few remaining cases of people unable to connect to TrendyNet due to crypto failure.
* Added support for Mac crossplatform-play
* Reduced Spider Web toss range by 33% (confirming there was no change to spider webs to make them tougher, but this should make them better to deal with in any case)
* Made "Default" color template for costumes re-select that costume's default colors
* Fixed misc Apprentice Projectile variants to not be weaker than Apprentice's standard projectiles
* Player Shops no longer allow selling items > 150 million if it will exceed the 2 billion mana bank limit
* Buffed NM DPS pets by 10%
* CTF PvP maps now also available in "Open" mode

The fix to the Spiders originally ruined my Mistymire setup. It took some getting patience and build adjustment to get back to where I was getting to Wave 12 with ease. The range limiter on the web shots also helped.

header_292x136.jpg

Have no real urge to try this DLC. Not what I expecting, although the seeing the free DLC train chugging along is pretty sweet. I can't convince any of my pals to try PvP and an American political themed event won't be swaying them any time soon.

Only two and a half hours left in the first phase of our PC DLC costume contest. If you haven't already, go vote on which hero you'd like to see skins for! (More details on the costume contest can be found here.)

balddemon

Banned
voted! I dont browse the official forums outside of hte patch notes and the guides forum, since it's slow and there are so many different subforums. GAF has spoiled me :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
New Steam Cheevos found.

Transcendent Challenge Champion
You completed every original Challenge on Nightmare Hardcore difficulty. The gods weep before your awesome might!

Eternia Shard Recovered: Blue
You retrieved the Blue Lost Eternia Shard from the scorching sands of Moraggo!

Djinn Recruiter
You assembled an army to win the 'War of the Djinn' Challenge!

Nightmare Eternia Shard Recovered: Blue
You retrieved the Blue Lost Eternia Shard from the scorching sands of Moraggo... on Nightmare!

Nightmare Djinn Recruiter
You assembled an army to win the 'War of the Djinn' Challenge... on Nightmare!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I had a free day today and sit down and play DD all day long... and the servers go down.

Out of Trendy's hands it was, but it sucked.

On the bright side, upcoming patch notes were posted.

* Added "Pro" Item Upgrade Mode, where you can simply click an item stat directly to immediately invest all needed funds and upgrade the item rapidly.

* Hardcore Mode is now accessible on all Challenges, and gives better reward items (on Campaign and Challenges) than non-Hardcore

* Nightmare Challenges now also give Insane Achievements

* Spike Blockade width increased by 15%

* Level cap raised to 78, along with new Items and Item Qualities

* Controller users can now press "Y" to export data to Local/Open mode

* Eternia Shards 2 Pack + Hero Outfit

* 5 new Achievements + Trophies

* Cross-platform steamplay with Mac

* Fixed issue where Traps would become weaker in various ways if you died in Hardcore mode and your player character disappeared. Also fixes Upgrade Detonation Count decreasing issue with Traps after the player was destroyed (where Upgrading could result in a Det Count decrease).

* Fixed issue where alphabetical keybinding for Chat would result in inability to use that key in edit boxes

* Increased NM Crystal HP by 40%

[Additional Details Forthcoming]

And now I'm giddy.

:D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
New interview with Phil. Might have a few things in there that might interest you.

Interesting read for sure.

One thing brought up is Trendy's fixation on player versus player. The interview dude seemed to imply that this is going to be a stronger focus regarding things in future and we already have seen it play out with things like the Presidential stuff.

Not sure if I like these pvp experiments. I mean, I outright don't think DD should head down that route at all and there's certainly a substantial vocal backlash against such content from the player base. I play DD to escape from other games, pvp games as a matter of fact. I love the co-op intregration and simply how much better it is to work as a team towards a shared goal - with plenty of inter-teamwork micro competition.

I am very excited about the Shards release and the explanation behind it, the "what if we had the time to make DD a full high budget title" via the DLC expansions is music to my ears really.

Another thing touched upon was adding new character classes. I love the Barbarian, and I'll play the heck out of every new character class they release but there is a definite separation between the original classes and the new class - things like the lack of unique weapons for example can take the edge off things.

Pity the interviewer didn't ask about Trendy's future beyond DD DLC. There's no justice in the world if DD2 isn't being worked on. :D

vesp

Burned out on this pretty fast on xbox and pc, and couldnt get into the ios version at all, but I desperately want a vita version!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Wanted to level up two monks and a Countess. Must have run Glitterhelm about a billion times.

Only six more runs to go. =/

On another note, I wonder when do we get to fight Mr Squid here? ;)

ibz6PA8OcvdiNs.jpg

ipmTfmFgkjzXL.jpg

Veezy

que?
I searched google but couldn't find anything too recent:

Are their any plans on the PS3 version to fix the issue with the left analog stick not working? I bought the game on a whim, using a gift card, and everything is fully updated.

I searched google but couldn't find anything too recent:

Are their any plans on the PS3 version to fix the issue with the left analog stick not working? I bought the game on a whim, using a gift card, and everything is fully updated.

That should be fixed in our upcoming console patch. (No release date for it yet.)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
2012-03-08_00001.jpg

Finally beat the Spider Queen with the help of the DunDef community! <3

We beat her so hard her twin sister came around for a visit and we gave her a beating too. =)

I just realized why I haven't played DD in ages: TNet has been down for ages for me :( how do I fix it? gotta reinstall?

Are you still having problems? Did you try verifying the install?

So, anyone knows when the full Shard-DLC will be released?~

Shards Part 2 was released to Sony and Microsoft for certification a while back, so we should be hearing something very shortly. The PC release should be around or before March 15th.

I imagine Shards 3 and 4's release will be spread over the next few months, maybe even going into Summer.

IDC about your GDC!!
GIMME VITA DD RIGHT MEOW!!!!

Cats can't play Vita! Your assertion is invalid!

Beat the spider queen.
Joined a help group on the official forums and am now helping lower level players.
Eager to begin recruiting Djinn and om nom nom the upcoming patch.

Life's good.

Much respect.

I've heard great things about the upcoming challenge. Hopefully you'll enjoy it. :^)

balddemon

Banned
I really wanna play DD again, but I can't. I'm gonna try reinstalling it, but if that doesn't work what else could be the explanation? VAC banned? for what?

Btw, I only can't play Online, Local play is fine. But not as fun.

balddemon

Banned
Aight, I sent an email. upon further inspection of my Steam account, it appears I do have a VAC ban, which is weird, cuz I'm pretty sure I haven't played any Steam games online since the President's Day patch for DD T_T

Aight, I sent an email. upon further inspection of my Steam account, it appears I do have a VAC ban, which is weird, cuz I'm pretty sure I haven't played any Steam games online since the President's Day patch for DD T_T

Weird. Did you use a hex editor in Open? VAC bans people who use those programs in Open.

balddemon

Banned
Weird. Did you use a hex editor in Open? VAC bans people who use those programs in Open.

Actually yeah I did. I figured Open was, well, open for w/e. Is there any way to lift it? If not, for whatever reasons, that's fine, I can always buy it again (really the first time, cuz gifted the first time lol) on my Dad's account when it's on a good sale. Annoying, but now I know D:

EDIT: wow that was quick. So playing on Gamespy's network let's me play in Open but not Ranked. Ah well, thanks.

Actually yeah I did. I figured Open was, well, open for w/e. Is there any way to lift it? If not, for whatever reasons, that's fine, I can always buy it again (really the first time, cuz gifted the first time lol) on my Dad's account when it's on a good sale. Annoying, but now I know D:

EDIT: wow that was quick. So playing on Gamespy's network let's me play in Open but not Ranked. Ah well, thanks.

Yeah, sorry about that! There are ways to use hex editors in Open to manipulate Ranked play, so we had to incorporate VAC into Open, as well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
genieboss1-e1331238671866.jpg

The second Shards DLC will include new weapons, a new campaign level, a new mission, a new enemy (which will be introduced across the board in Nightmare mode, as well), new cinematics and, of course, a new boss.

Big day tomorrow, Steam release of Shards Part Two and the next meaty patch which has since swelled yet again.

Apprentice buffs, XP multiplier, higher level cap, achievements and a chance for Mac users to co-op with the Master Race.

Early 7.20 Patch Notes said:
* Added a super-secret awesome reward for those who earn "Transcendent Challenge Champion"

* Buffed Apprentice Exponential Damage Ramps on Lightning Tower and Magic Missile Tower by ~20%

* Editbox for specifying the Item Costs in the Player Shop now displays numerical commas

* Binding chat key to alphanumeric button no longer interferes with EditBox inputs

* You can now browse into and out-of Item Box/Player Shop folders properly with Gamepad control (though you can not create them with Gamepad control, yet)

* "Hardcore" mode now yields a 50% XP wave-completion earnings boost, regardless of difficulty setting

* Added "Pro" Item Upgrade Mode, where you can simply click an item stat directly to immediately invest all needed funds and upgrade the item rapidly.

* Hardcore Mode is now accessible on all Challenges, and gives better reward items (on Campaign and Challenges) than non-Hardcore

* Nightmare Challenges now also give Insane Achievements

* Spike Blockade width increased by 15%

* Level cap raised to 78, along with new Items and Item Qualities

* Controller users can now press "Y" to export data to Local/Open mode

* Eternia Shards 2 Pack + Hero Outfit

* 5 new Achievements + Trophies

* Cross-platform steamplay with Mac

* Fixed issue where Traps would become weaker in various ways if you died in Hardcore mode and your player character disappeared. Also fixes Upgrade Detonation Count decreasing issue with Traps after the player was destroyed (where Upgrading could result in a Det Count decrease).

* Fixed issue where alphabetical keybinding for Chat would result in inability to use that key in edit boxes

* Increased NM Crystal HP by 40%

* Clients can now see the Host's selected mission name of a mission they don't own

* Harpoon Turrets now incorporate target leading into their aiming, making them MUCH more effective against Wyverns and also fast-moving enemies

Excite get.

balddemon

Banned
wow now i pretty much have to buy another copy of the game. pleaseeeeeeeeee go on sale!!!

i just wish there was a way to transfer my equipment to my new characters T_T that was hard as hell to find

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So apparently the patch went live early and Shards Complete owners get an earlier than planned peak at Shards Part Two.

Hot stuff!

wow now i pretty much have to buy another copy of the game. pleaseeeeeeeeee go on sale!!!

i just wish there was a way to transfer my equipment to my new characters T_T that was hard as hell to find

Tomorrow, everything goes 50 percent off except the Shards DLC. :^)

Oops. Didn't notice the quoted text by Slightly Live. Hehe.

Man these Djinn are a piece of work. They eat through defenses like none other on nightmare.

I really like the whole art style of the new map, it looks great.

Beaulieu

Me and 3 coworkers bought a 4pack and are playing at lunch. Today was our 2nd session. We are playing ranked.

Problem is, everytime we quit the game, our character is lost. Anything we are missing ?? Losing our character 2 lunches in a row sucks.

Otherwise, seems like a very fun and deep game !

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Looks like Djinn will be receiving a buff. Next patch notes already teased.

* Zamira Gear drop quality increased
* Glitterhelm MF respawn bug fixed
* Djinn no longer flee or move away from you when attacked, and they also have a reduced de-summon range, and take longer to de-summon, and are weaker generally
* Higher XP ramp to reach 78 (was lower than intended)
* Fixed graphical glitch on Oasis MF
* Transcendent drop quality potential buffed (Transcendent items can become a bit better)
* Djinn fleeing behavior adjusted

Top Bottom