• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Nekobo

Is there a good resource available to the console players? Looking through the wiki it seems to be either woefully outdated information, or tailored to the PC release. Even the trendy console boards are mostly people complaining about the DLC they are missing out on.

I second this.

parasight

So Barbarian and the new Assault maps are out now. Anyone have a chance to try them? I'm really curious to see how the Barbarian plays. I got bored of the end-game being mostly everything tower-based. I've been waiting for a good DPS character.

balddemon

Banned
Yeah, the assault maps are fucking HARD. Much more team based, although it seems like I basically soloed them with 3 other people lol. The 2nd one is the hardest imo cuz it gives the least amount of time. I finish with under 5 seconds left usually. Wandering around and around the in the mines, I finish with just about 30 seconds left. The weapon rewards are pretty sick though, even the insane rewards are decent (and Mythical). I can't imagine using a Backstabber on my Barbarian with Tornado Stance............. Also, the reward for doing all 3 is a pretty slick Unicorn pet...it LOOKS like it pierces enemies infinitely, but I can't be sure. But it's tight either way hahaha.

As for the Barb, haven't played him much except on the one insane glit run I just hosted. His combo is 6 hits I believe (5 clicks), and takes a full second to perform. but yeah with good weapons the dps is gonna be through the roof. I do wish that we could hotkey the stances to something else other than the numbers...

Also, Hitmonchan, I'm having a problem. I preordered all the DLC (hence, I can host NM games), but I can't host one of the new Assault maps...why is that? Just has the 'Get!' button that takes me to the steam store.

I'll bite.

Do the gender swap heroes from the DLC count towards achievements such as "Saw all four Hero endings," "Raised a Hero of each type to Level 70" and any others?
Hey. The latest patch notes indicate that this now counts towards the second achievement (Group Hug).

Not sure about the first one (A Matter of Perspective), but I'm glad they put this in.

'Group Hug' Achievement can now optionally be earned using the corresponding Gender-Swapped Heroes.

balddemon

Banned
Yeah no doubt people are throwing bitch fits left and right...I'm having too much fun leveling my Barb and working on the NM Assaults to have much to complain about atm

Things good in DunGaf Land?

NO!! I was 3/4 through NM portal Defense solo and the update crashed me!!! I want compensation and your head! (see now its just like trendies forum.)

Im enjoying everything thus far (lil irked bout the HC mythical defender...i was 2 away from it, but understand it wasnt recording so its all good....though its gnna be a shitload harder from what i understand)

NO!! I was 3/4 through NM portal Defense solo and the update crashed me!!! I want compensation and your head! (see now its just like trendies forum.)

Im enjoying everything thus far (lil irked bout the HC mythical defender...i was 2 away from it, but understand it wasnt recording so its all good....though its gnna be a shitload harder from what i understand)

I can give you two Trendy Bucks, which are redeemable for two tokens at your nearest laundromat. ;^)

The HC Mythical Defender progress not saving was a real bummer. But I believe in you!

balddemon

Banned

yo let's do some of that tonight, my tower specs should be fine, plus my countess is now amazing

also, I'm fine with what's goin down in DD land. I don't understand what the 7.16a patch did though

EDIT: omg I can RUN in NM assault now!!! makes it possible lmfao

EDIT2: still can't do the 2nd one solo lol, need more HP!!! (not likely, I'm already at 2k I believe.)

Javaman

The climb from lv72 to lv74 is so steep. My eyes nearly popped out looking at the xp requirements.

Good times though.

Do Glitter on insane. If you have a decent build it won't take too much management. Should only take about 6 to 8 runs. make sure not to take damage or let any crystals get hit for a big bonus. Since it's such a drag, just hop along with someone else.

I'm not feeling this App nerf. It makes the chasm in difficulty between insane and NM even harder and increases the gap between the haves and have nots for upper loot.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Do Glitter on insane. If you have a decent build it won't take too much management. Should only take about 6 to 8 runs. make sure not to take damage or let any crystals get hit for a big bonus. Since it's such a drag, just hop along with someone else.

Don't think I could do Glitter Insane solo yet. I'm running a Squire Tower build (might respec at lv74) with a lv71 App. Horrible stats on everything I think too. Waiting on Lv74 before I invest mana on some decent Mythical gear.

I'll see how far I can get with Insane Glitter though.

Don't think I could do Glitter Insane solo yet. I'm running a Squire Tower build (might respec at lv74) with a lv71 App. Horrible stats on everything I think too. Waiting on Lv74 before I invest mana on some decent Mythical gear.

I'll see how far I can get with Insane Glitter though.

a squire tower is PERFECT for insane glitter even at like 60.

2 spiked barricades at every choke and just follow thru with some MM and Fire towers (1 each at each choke).even if the MM weak the squire barricades are strong as fuk so itll hold them for awhile. then for icing even a extremly low leveled monks auras (strength,electric,ensnare) youll be good

balddemon

Banned
STORY TIME

So, I was upgrading my spider launcher thingy (the new gun from the AMP), and it disappeared. Naturally, wtf? I'm like, okay, only like 50mil gone and I can always run it again. Went to grab my bone bow and finish upgrading...it disappeared too???????????? Now I'm pissed cuz my huntress has no dmg dealing weapon now.

Cut to like 3 minutes ago. Dickin around in the tavern, and my Bonebreaker (it let me rename before it disappeared), is BACK! But, what's this? It's much smaller, has the same stats (except 8 shots/second, lower reload speed, and smaller clip by about 100), and ALL ITS SLOTS BACK. So it's 1/220.

Oh and it shoots 3 projectiles at once.

It's like the spider launcher thingy and the bonebow were fused together?!

Now, um, I'm not sure what to do, because, for obvious reasons, people will think it's hacked. But I spent probably a billion mana if not 2 billion upgrading that gun D: Now it does 4mil dps...well I like it. I guess I should get rid of it, but it's really tempting to use hahaha... just not in a public game.

Anyways, still love this game, Hardcore Mythical Defender is a pain in the ass though.

scy

I'm not feeling this App nerf. It makes the chasm in difficulty between insane and NM even harder and increases the gap between the haves and have nots for upper loot.

I'm really glad I got my NM Misty Campaign solo in before the patch. I guess I'll have to farm equipment for a Squire now. Not really feeling it though :/

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just had to share my excitement with this amazing new staff I discovered:

iCQJKH6hXJapJ.jpg

iNJvW60IdbOPX.jpg

This build is a beast on Insane.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Got a mage and a squire to Lv74 via repeatedly playing Glitterhelm solo on Hard Hardcore.

Bought some cheap entry myths in a player shop. Outfitted each Lv74 character.

Raised a Huntress to Lv60 and equipped the spidergun with 40 odd levels from the Assault pack. (Can't believe a weapon this good drops from an Easy difficulty!) Doing a healthy 185k DPS with her.

Beat my first Nightmare level solo. It was the first campaign level but with all the spiders and Ogres (with 1 million HP!) it was tough going. Squire bouncers are fantastic anti-spider devices.

Found a nice farming method for obtaining Mythic gear. Endless Spires with my Lv74 Squire. I can beat the first three waves and I just soak up all the dropped loot and open all chests. The loot can sell for about 6-10 million mana in the shop - not bad for a 10 minutes run.

Really, really enjoying the game. I haven't even touched the Monk yet and all those sexy auras folks are talking about and using. Same goes with my blue-skinned Avatar themed Barbarian.

Haven't had the want to play any other game in days. <3

Honestly, I still need to give the new Assault missions a run. I've been too busy catching up on backlogged work to actually play. :^(

balddemon

Banned
291 hours played, probably a 1/4 of it afk time...every achievement gotten. Now I'm just waiting for new content to drop and helping noobs with stuff. I've pretty much beaten the game up to this point. Except NM Challenges, but NO THANKS.

So what's just been patched in today? 320MB patch, can't find notes anywhere :(

looks like its just the 7.16b....no new content i believe.

READ: Make barbarian viable XD

7.16b

*Fixed the issue where the Barbarian's left-handed weapon was inverted
*Reduction in time on Assault map 1 by 25 seconds on nightmare and added some more defenses in weaker areas
*Reduction in time on assault map 3 by 40 seconds on nightmare
*Reduced retribution rate-of-fire by 30% and damage reduced by 25%
*45% increase in Barbarian HP on Nightmare, in line with Squire's increase
*20% exponential reduction in sale-price of extremely-high-Damage weapons, to prevent sale-price roll-over
*Fixed nightmare Squire HP incorrect value on pause screen
*Fixed bug where players were making profit from leveling any weapon
*Added Barbarian combo by holding both mouse buttons
*Reduced visual effects on Snowball launcher
*Darkness Traps now affect Ogres with immunity removal and now cost 3 DUs
*Remove-from-shop can no longer be used to exceed item box size
*When pulling up "More Info" in the Heroes section of the Post game board, the Hide info button has a XBOX right stick icon next to it -- fixed
*Scaled down stat speed-boost in NM assault by 40%
*Fairy and Healing Aura 2.5x as effective in NM
*Normal Damage Pets are 15x as effective in NM
*Elemental Pets are 1.5x as effective overall, and Melee Pets are 1.25x as effective in overall, both changes are NM only.
*Imps are 4x as effective in NM
*Animus/Ponies are 12x as effective in NM
*Pets don't attack practice dummies during combat anymore.
*Fixed issue where Mobs would still target Barbarian on pure strategy mode
*Fixed issue where the Defense Active-Hero Bonus wouldn't re-associate if Hero had left-game and re-added in splitscreen

balddemon

Banned
Yep found them right after I posted that. Looks like its time to use my Barb :DDDDD

Also, now that I've pretty much beaten the game, I like helping noobs a lot. Just helped this Squire with tower placement on MM, was getting eaten alive by wyverns and bowling balls are not good enough. Doesn't help his stats blew chunks and weren't high enough for more than about 2 people.

Also also, I like that DPS pets are useful in NM now. Probably still use guardians, but my huntress animus doing 17k*12*3 instead of w/e the fuck it was doing before is nice.

We also posted the notes to our first console patch. :^)

I want this game on PS3, but I want to play it with the Move controls in third person viewpoint. TTP brought up a few months ago that the Move controls have no pitch Cam controls and is stuck in birds eye view. Is this ever going to be fixed? Also is console cross platform play nixed? I don't have a beefy enough computer to handle this game on PC so PS3 is my only option. Thanks.

lolconsoles.

lolnotnice :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hitmonchan killed my nightmare rainbow unicorn! :p

Glad it was patched quickly, it was silly how effective they were in handling spiders. <3

I think it's interesting to see Nightmare evolve, looking forward to seeing how the next Shards release will change this up. I imagine there will be tears.

Hitmonchan killed my nightmare rainbow unicorn! :p

Glad it was patched quickly, it was silly how effective they were in handling spiders. <3

I think it's interesting to see Nightmare evolve, looking forward to seeing how the next Shards release will change this up. I imagine there will be tears.

Sweet, delicious tears.

Taffer

I'm really enjoying Nightmare mode, it's like I'm level 12 all over again, everything is a threat. A fun threat.
A wave-1-ogre-all-I-have-is-two-walls-and-a-lightning-tower threat, they're the best kind.

balddemon

Banned
7.16c notes:
7.16c
* Buffed Trap Damage by 25% in NM
* Barbarian's Turtle Stance now makes him immune to web projectiles and other stunning attacks, but disabled in Assault
* Reduced Retribution damage by 12% more
* Reduced Disc Thrower piercing number from 5 to 4
* Increased Phoenix Gun piercing from 4 to 6
* Increased Bone Bow piercing from 1 to 4
* Increased Hunter's Bow piercing from 1 to 5
* Increased Blunderbuss piercing from 1 to 8
* Reduced NM pet DPS by 40%, and unicorn by 50% specifically
* Fairies boosted in NM by a total of 5x, previously was 2.5x
* Added message to TNet indicating if login failure occurred because you're banned
* Buffed Healing Auras in NM by 20%, reduced DU by 1
* 50% nerf to Destructiod Robot in NM to bring it in line with other pets

Link

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Been practicing solo Nightmare Hardcore Mistymire Campaign with just my squire, ie no auras or anything from other classes, and I've managed to Reach the boss wave now each time.

Haven't seen the boss yet (and by hell do I fear it) because my defences fall apart right at the start/end of the last wave but hell I'm quite proud.

My stats compared with most folks are crap, 850 is my best stat in tower attack and my resistances are 30% or below, but somehow I'm doing it.

100 million+ mana each time too. Feels good.

balddemon

Banned
Been practicing solo Nightmare Hardcore Mistymire Campaign with just my squire, ie no auras or anything from other classes, and I've managed to Reach the boss wave now each time.

Haven't seen the boss yet (and by hell do I fear it) because my defences fall apart right at the start/end of the last wave but hell I'm quite proud.

My stats compared with most folks are crap, 850 is my best stat in tower attack and my resistances are 30% or below, but somehow I'm doing it.

100 million+ mana each time too. Feels good.

Whenever I get Internet back, I'd be willing to come help you. You could borrow my gear if you wanted, it's from later MM waves pre patch, so much easier gotten imo, lol. I've also got plenty of DPS characters to use, but unless you have a good setup to wreck the Spider queen with some Harpoons, we wont be useful during the fight.

Also, my tower apprentice's stats might be high enough to finish it, but me and JackFrost barely did so the day before the patch. Would definitely take some tweaking.

Even if you don't want me help, I still wanna play with you lol, this game is no fun without competent people to play with.

EDIT: Hitmonchan, if we want to be in the Beta, can you give us a free pass into it? I don't wanna go through that interviewing crap lol, but if I must, I might.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Whenever I get Internet back, I'd be willing to come help you. You could borrow my gear if you wanted, it's from later MM waves pre patch, so much easier gotten imo, lol. I've also got plenty of DPS characters to use, but unless you have a good setup to wreck the Spider queen with some Harpoons, we wont be useful during the fight.

Also, my tower apprentice's stats might be high enough to finish it, but me and JackFrost barely did so the day before the patch. Would definitely take some tweaking.

Even if you don't want me help, I still wanna play with you lol, this game is no fun without competent people to play with.

EDIT: Hitmonchan, if we want to be in the Beta, can you give us a free pass into it? I don't wanna go through that interviewing crap lol, but if I must, I might.

Yeah dude, feel free to add me on Steam (iwasdani) I've been playing regularly recently. I'm not the borrowing type but I'd be happy to go loot hunting anytime and the Queen will die. However long it takes, she will die.

I got a few folks to play with - the more the merrier for sure. Would be sweet not having to help someone Glitter run to 74.

Check your PMs.

What the hell. Seems DD a pretty popular amazon title when I went to snag a copy for my cheapass buddy it was listed as unavailable . Ill bump if it goes back up.

Any eta on the Valentines day dlc? You guys going to get me in trouble if you drop it tomorrow and I ignore gf to play.

What the hell. Seems DD a pretty popular amazon title when I went to snag a copy for my cheapass buddy it was listed as unavailable . Ill bump if it goes back up.

Any eta on the Valentines day dlc? You guys going to get me in trouble if you drop it tomorrow and I ignore gf to play.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the V-Day DLC come out on V-Day. ;^)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I wouldn't be surprised to see the V-Day DLC come out on V-Day. ;^)

Later today then? Guess I'll need to do some mana runs to buy a new suit for my date. (Funny enough, convinced the other half to get this via Amazon and she's already making her way through the first few levels! <3)

And what's this beta thingie about?

Valentines day special just went up on steam.
Fuck man. I got this and the be mine bundle to play.
good thing i cancelled Vita first edition or id be playing games all day and standing at a gamestop all night....that combo would not make for a happy GF

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Didn't see 7.17 patch notes posted.

* Added free "Etherian Festival of Love" Event content!

* Pets can now have variable growth rates -- when they're born, a new Pet will determine how much it grows as you level it up. Some Pets will never get very large, and others may get quite huge. There's only one way to find out... level them up!

* Added more music tracks to the Tavern jukebox, because we luv u

Variable growth? Sweet. Just got a App Guardian yesterday and after leveling him a bit he kinda looks the same size as the regular App. LOL

Jumped on the DLC as soon as it hit. Loaded up the map with two folks and begun.

Quit a few minutes later not finishing the game.

I know others have issue with the actual gameplay challenge - luring specific monsters together is rather tough and takes a lot of patience. What killed this for me is my PC's performance. The map was smooth as butter until the first wave started and then suddenly my framerate took a jump off a cliff. It must have been 5FPS or below for sure. I couldn't do anything and even navigating was a disaster. I think this map is very CPU intensive compared with the others as my computer can handle the graphics just fine.

Guess I'll have to wait for a new PC just to play this map. =/

Edit: Guess the gods heard my plea already. Early 7.17b (incomplete) patch notes. Coming later today.

* All Towers except Deadly Striker now do line-of-sight tracking/targeting checks, no more tracking/shooting into walls (yay for Harpoons)

* Nightmare Mix Mode now works properly with randomized enemy types. Increased Mix Mode item drop quality slightly to compensate for the potential difficulty increase.

* Healing Pets no longer get healing-amount affected by Hero Damage status effects

* Sky O' Love DU's increased from 80 to 85, map graphics have been better optimized for low-end machines, and completing the map on NM now gives you the non-Mythical Achievement as well

Really hope the line of sight works as described. It should make my harpoons shine a little bit more. And <3 for trying to optimise the new DLC map for us dodgy PC peons.

balddemon

Banned
Harpoons are always gonna be shit for any situations where they don't fire in a straight line. By that, I mean any situations where they have to actively track enemies. They just rotate too slowly to be much use. Hella good DPS tho, especially on ogres. ESPECIALLY when you have a huntress guardian and an app guardian. Oh lord the deeps.

As for the map...god its pretty terrible. The best strat we have come across was portaling the monsters into a holding pen made of walls. Works OK, and we would have finished yesterday, but the dude making portals couldn't hane the framerate lag. Even my computer was having trouble with it.

So maybe it will be better now? I do want to beat it and eventually do it on NM (lol) but that's gonna be impossible...

Nekobo

Okay, I bought bit on the Amazon $3 dealie. Told my buddies about the deal, but they're not interested. So I'm still hoping Trendy will reconsider releasing the new character classes for the consoles. :| Us dudes have been playing it at least 3 times a week and finally completed all the main levels, so I hope the next DLC isn't too far off. Still have a ton of challenges to do to keep us occupied thankfully. I'm not too far from the level cap (I'm an apprentice), so I think I'll try being a monk next.

But yeah, I also picked up the Barbarian class, the holiday DLCs, and the new Valentine's Day one. Is it possible to solo through the early levels as a Barbarian?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Harpoons are always gonna be shit for any situations where they don't fire in a straight line. By that, I mean any situations where they have to actively track enemies. They just rotate too slowly to be much use. Hella good DPS tho, especially on ogres. ESPECIALLY when you have a huntress guardian and an app guardian. Oh lord the deeps.

As for the map...god its pretty terrible. The best strat we have come across was portaling the monsters into a holding pen made of walls. Works OK, and we would have finished yesterday, but the dude making portals couldn't hane the framerate lag. Even my computer was having trouble with it.

So maybe it will be better now? I do want to beat it and eventually do it on NM (lol) but that's gonna be impossible...

The harpoons are useful as you. Hopefully with te next path they won't get distracted as much by tracking enemies they can't see behind walls. Should make them slightly more effective.

Yeah I can't handle the map at he moment. No chance of playing it at all. I'm hoping their tweaks change that. I'd certainly like the new costumes.

Okay, I bought bit on the Amazon $3 dealie. Told my buddies about the deal, but they're not interested. So I'm still hoping Trendy will reconsider releasing the new character classes for the consoles. :| Us dudes have been playing it at least 3 times a week and finally completed all the main levels, so I hope the next DLC isn't too far off. Still have a ton of challenges to do to keep us occupied thankfully. I'm not too far from the level cap (I'm an apprentice), so I think I'll try being a monk next.

But yeah, I also picked up the Barbarian class, the holiday DLCs, and the new Valentine's Day one. Is it possible to solo through the early levels as a Barbarian?

Trendy said they will try their best to put in extra content, from the PC DLC, into the console Shards releases. It may not be much but at least there's something.

They also said they have released the next Shards release for console certification, so the release can't be too far away - including a level cap raise to 78 and some sweet new powerful loot.

I've just started leveling my Barbie, I used two Glitter runs to powerlevel him to 70 in just two games. He's quite meaty from the looks of things - including a stance that only unlocks at level 74. Looking forward to getting to know him better.

Not sure on using him to solo levels though. He has no way to stop mobs - no defences of any kind. That might pose a problem.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
7.17b
* Countess "Queen of Hearts" outfit no longer has a faster attack speed than default Countess outfit
* All Projectile Target leading has been improved to incorporate Z-height changes into its leading calculations (e.g. on stairs/ramps)
* All Towers except Deadly Striker now do line-of-sight tracking/targeting checks, no more tracking/shooting into walls (yay for Harpoons)
* Increased Harpoon Turret Projectile Speed by 33%, and made Harpoon Turret turn 15% faster
* Nightmare Mix Mode now works properly with randomized enemy types. Increased Mix Mode item drop quality slightly to compensate for the potential difficulty increase.
* Healing Pets no longer get healing-amount affected by Hero Damage status effects
* Sky O' Love DU's increased from 80 to 90, map graphics have been better optimized for low-end machines, and completing the map on NM now gives you the non-Mythical Achievement as well
* Fixed DefendersStore.com issue where Cupid Pet would break Sync-All functionality

Top Bottom