• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

Gonna miss you Loton, Lorianne, and Orca. Who will crit my grinds now? Who is gonna have everything, except the things they don't? Who is gonna be an ass to all my characters and send me to kill a lot bunch of people in his village only to test me?
QxcVtF6.jpg
Maybe its for the best...
WELL, LATER GUYS!

Astarte

Aww shit does this mean Mintai will get her wicked eye patch? I can't wait to grind four level 70s again ;; Grinding during the alpha test was already pretty awful...
Wait, is this post-Elenore removal patch? Please say it isn't so

WarRock

Damn, I need to fix my computer fast. Hope they get the last 4100 likes needed for the closed beta turn into open O=

Kouriozan

A little update, they need only 550 more likes to open the "closed" beta to everyone.

Plus pic of Neople Global (resized because they are too big) :

Female Slayer got Bayonetta's legs it seems :lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
A little update, they need only 550 more likes to open the "closed" beta to everyone.

Plus pic of Neople Global (resized because they are too big) :

Female Slayer got Bayonetta's legs it seems :lol

I want that F. Slayer in my living room ASAP

omlet

They said a long time back that characters from alpha test will carry over, with a couple conditions.

1) Must continue to use Facebook login. They have said they plan to have their own non-facebook login method for global launch but that will essentially be a different account so if you have characters from alpha you want to continue playing you need to continue using your facebook login to access them.

2) All your stuff will be gone but you will be given a set of basic level-appropriate gear.

Have yet to hear anything that contradicts what was said earlier in regards to this.

WarRock

They said a long time back that characters from alpha test will carry over, with a couple conditions.

1) Must continue to use Facebook login. They have said they plan to have their own non-facebook login method for global launch but that will essentially be a different account so if you have characters from alpha you want to continue playing you need to continue using your facebook login to access them.

2) All your stuff will be gone but you will be given a set of basic level-appropriate gear.

Have yet to hear anything that contradicts what was said earlier in regards to this.

I don't see the point, unless you REALLY want to keep the names or the gear is pretty good for higher level chars.

omlet

I don't see the point, unless you REALLY want to keep the names or the gear is pretty good for higher level chars.

Some people got into the 50-70 range in alpha and might not want to lose that progress.

Also, they may be resetting Awakening quest completions (no word AFAIK), but if not then not having to redo that is a pretty big time and money saver.

The gear isn't going to be good, probably just blues to get you going so you don't have to farm dungeons naked for the first few hours looking for drops you can use lol.

With all the new stuff being added I'll definitely be leveling a character or three from scratch, but I got past level 50 and finished awakening in the alpha with a name I don't want to lose so I'd like to keep that if I can, even if it's just to help power quest progress for friends or my new characters.

omlet

I am just not a fan of using facebook to be honest.

Neither am I and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with their own account system. I don't use FB so I made a "fake" one to use in the alpha test and don't use it for anything else. No big deal to me.

It only took DFO to finally get me onto facebook. It's just too bad they have no way of getting the existing users off of facebook log-in from now on but it's much a minor thing overall that it won't keep me from enjoying the game, soon witch, soon.

Yep.

06bb7f23f2.jpg

How's this in comparison to Nexon America again?

In what way?

Edit: I wanted to post a video but don't wanna double post so I'll take a crack at your question because I think I know what you're asking about.

If you're talking about how is/will this game be compared to Nexon's running of it then the answer is can only be better. Nexon NA was not very kind to this game at the start or at the middle-end of it's lifespan. Zero fucks given and all the NA exclusive stuff never went anywhere and felt tacked on(Go figure, right?). Loads of other problems but that can be saved for later on if you so desire.

If you're asking about where these characters were on the DFO patch timeline, I think we were gonna get both of those classes about a year from the last patch we had.

Monk 2nd awakening taking on the Tower of Death with Will Driver. Some kind of bug with f.gunner 2nd awakening doing mega damage. And some of those new witch summons from her 2nd awakening, it's like I wanted to be a summoner but without being the summoner part.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I know it's not supported in the North American version, but does anyone know if the Korean version of DnF allows you to jump in and spectate people playing the *PvE* portion of the game? I'd love to watch people run through dungeons in a party and witness some of the higher level dungeons. Is this possible?

I know it's not supported in the North American version, but does anyone know if the Korean version of DnF allows you to jump in and spectate people playing the *PvE* portion of the game? I'd love to watch people run through dungeons in a party and witness some of the higher level dungeons. Is this possible?

Not that I know of, no. All the dungeons are played on the host's computer instead of the server so I don't believe they'll be adding that if they haven't already. But that is why the in-game recorder is a thing, I think.

Astarte

Holy shit I cannot wait for this game to come back in full force and glory. I have my calendar marked down and a vacation from work and everything. I've been saving quite a bit of money to spend so I'm pretty sure I'll try to bind a full rare/clone set ASAP.

I have no idea what the facebook page is saying about Danjun, but I'm glad we're getting the Creator and Dark Knight. They both look interesting, but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Holy shit I cannot wait for this game to come back in full force and glory. I have my calendar marked down and a vacation from work and everything. I've been saving quite a bit of money to spend so I'm pretty sure I'll try to bind a full rare/clone set ASAP.

I have no idea what the facebook page is saying about Danjun, but I'm glad we're getting the Creator and Dark Knight. They both look interesting, but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

They were asking the community to do some voice work for the new Danjun as a contest and they finally picked a winner. Not real interested in the new voice but it's whatever, didn't play the game for the voices in the first place.

Astarte

They were asking the community to do some voice work for the new Danjun as a contest and they finally picked a winner. Not real interested in the new voice but it's whatever, didn't play the game for the voices in the first place.

Oh! Well then I'll just use Korean voices like I normally do = v=
Korean priest gets me pumped tho, dude does a good job of shouting. But oh boy I can't wait to grind days of Final Pursuit again.

Pejo

My apologies, how far away are we from being able to play outside of the Korean version? I love every time this topic is bumped, to get more info. One of my favorite MMO's of all time.

My apologies, how far away are we from being able to play outside of the Korean version? I love every time this topic is bumped, to get more info. One of my favorite MMO's of all time.

Some time in March. No idea when in March, so another month and a half or 2 and a half.

Astarte

Some updates!

- We won't have moderators or Game Masters.
- FREEEEE SKILLLLLLLLLLLLLL RESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AT ANYYYYTIMEEEEEEEEEE
- Word on if there will be a wipe during or after CB is iffy
- We can preload the client
- Steam version is a possibility
- There will be a fatigue system.

I'm fine with the fatigue system, you can hit the level cap in a month if you play your cards right and don't scrub it up. Plus between all of the towers and stuff you can do there's always the fact that time itself, rather than fatigue points, will be the problem.

Holy fuck the free skill resets like DnF tho

Astarte

i cannot wait. its one of my most hyped games of 2015

I know that feeling. I'm feeling more hype for this game than anything else, but man I really hope that their community service is on point. If it isn't and botting/gold buying (everyone I knew bought gold and it just became dumb) become crazy again, then the collapse would hurt even more this time.

Pejo

Sweet, just read the updates in this thread, as well as the stuff on Reddit. March is going to be absolutely brutal with my free time, but I'm there day 1 for a little DFO. Really shocked to see us getting so many updates. Fatigue system is whatever, but overall I'm beyond excited.

isamu

Fatigue system is back but what about the blitz system?

Top Bottom