• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Looks like the wipe's COMING SOON!!!

Alpha will end on June 13th and we WILL wipe ONLY the gold/avas and items, Characters and their names and levels WILL stay.

Interesting. Do you guys suppsose they will remove our life tokens/remy's?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
From Neople

In Lee said:
[Announcement]

It’s going to be a long announcement so please read carefully

1. Alpha and Beyond

* The current Alpha Test will end on June 13th Friday 6PM KST
* And the answer is YES. We will bring DFO back.

2. What Stays and What Goes?

* Your Character Name/Class, and your Level will STAY
* EVERYTHING ELSE (including but not limited to gold, items/weapons you have on you and in your vault etc.) will be GONE/ERASED.

* Since it is an Alpha, we cannot leave the items/gold etc. but the least we could do was to leave your character name/level. Also when you come back later, we will make sure to prepare you with necessary items so you can enjoy the game without any hassle.

* We will be providing other means of login for those of you not wishing to use your Facebook account for DFO, However, please note if you want to continue on with your Alpha character when the game is back, you must use the same Facebook account to login.

* To reward you for participating in Alpha we will definitely prepare something for you.

3. Future Plans

* As all of you know (yes, we know too) the Alpha version is so old it almost feels ancient. So naturally it will take us quite a long time to prepare a fresher version, and of course fix all these messy problems everyone has been telling us about.

* What we would like you to understand is that we will not be able to bring the game back within a few weeks; it may take longer than many of you expect, but we will make sure to communicate with you through this page and let you know where we are in terms of preparing the official launch.

Thank you so much for everyone’s patience, and we are so happy to have been blessed with such amazing players

It’s a beginning of something really exciting for us, and we hope you guys are excited as well!

10390008_712064365502368_4428654299961872183_n.jpg

Narras

It's not a full wipe? Names won't be cleared out? God damn it. I wanted a full wipe because some players (inactive, too) have taken names I or my brother use.

I'm glad to see the game moving out of alpha, though.

I guess I quit forever. DFO no longer works, I don't know what's going on, but, now I'm constantly freezing and when it freezes my laptop has to be rebooted. Oh well. I had fun, but, I'll never figure out whats wrong with the laptop, and I'll never be able to play DFO again.

* We will be providing other means of login for those of you not wishing to use your Facebook account for DFO, However, please note if you want to continue on with your Alpha character when the game is back, you must use the same Facebook account to login.

Hallelujah. Would have been nice to know what those were, but I'll stay optimistic for now.

Armaros

Time to get my main characters to a decent level! Espeically my soulbender (get out of the 20-35 doldrums), and my F mechanic ( at least to 30 for GS3)

omlet

Well that's good and bad news...

I didn't get the name I wanted for my main, and now I guess I never will, but I'm ok with keeping my levels. I really should aim for awakening before alpha goes down so I don't have to deal with being stuck on that when the game comes back live.

I suspect we'll lose all our quest progress and difficulty unlocks along with our items, too.

Curious/hopeful to see what they do with the promise of making gold farming pointless.

isamu

RocForum said:
Seria will be removed. Cash shop will be back. If you're talking bout the items you bought like remy's touch, keys, ava's, etc, those are definitely gonna be removed. Tokens... I'm not sure about, but most likely will as well.

And Puritas is right. 13th is the end of alpha. They made it obvious that beta/launch won't be for a while afterwards.

Wait a minute...are you saying there's a good chance/almost certain that once the Alpha ends on June 13th, the game will be down and unplayable for an unspecified amount of time, and when it does come back online, it'll be the beta? How long long do you suppose this downtime will last?

Wait a minute...are you saying there's a good chance/almost certain that once the Alpha ends on June 13th, the game will be down and unplayable for an unspecified amount of time, and when it does come back online, it'll be the beta? How long long do you suppose this downtime will last?
They already said that is what will happen and that it will be more than a few weeks. You even quoted the letter that said that earlier. :p

omlet

Yes, there will be a downtime of unspecified length after June 13th while they prep for a beta/launch. This downtime could be planned to do things like get the Global client caught up with the Korean one, implement additional anti-bot measures, prep cash shop infrastructure, etc. This could take months, with code changes, additional translation work, etc.

I guess I quit forever. DFO no longer works, I don't know what's going on, but, now I'm constantly freezing and when it freezes my laptop has to be rebooted. Oh well. I had fun, but, I'll never figure out whats wrong with the laptop, and I'll never be able to play DFO again.

Years ago when I played DFO on an old Laptop the game actually heated it up enough that there was stuttering as time went on. Did you check to see if your fans are working fine or use a program to check how hot your cpu is getting? Laptops wear out pretty fast and a lot of times it's the heat that ruins them.

MisterHero

I appreciate how sincere the message seems The results not being "favorable" but that they will try anyways.

If Seria's shop items go back to being cash items, I really hope that they are minimal costs. You don't exactly get your money's worth when everything has to be rolled for.

While it's unlikely, I'd really like if they kept the high drop rate of magic seals and Lost Treasures.

I appreciate how sincere the message seems The results not being "favorable" but that they will try anyways.

If Seria's shop items go back to being cash items, I really hope that they are minimal costs. You don't exactly get your money's worth when everything has to be rolled for.

While it's unlikely, I'd really like if they kept the high drop rate of magic seals and Lost Treasures.

magic seals are suppose to be high drop rate lol
lethes might cost gold since thats how it is in the other versions

MisterHero

magic seals are suppose to be high drop rate lol
lethes might cost gold since thats how it is in the other versions
I could be wrong but the rate was a lot better than before it went down the first time.

I feel I should remember this because I was a Lv9 Alchemist at the time.

I'm gonna have to rebuild my high Crit/AtkSpd without Gold-purchasable Kaleido boxes. D:

MisterHero

Tower of Death is kicking my ass. Just when you've done 10+ minutes and think you're doing fine BOOM a fighter with indefinite super armor appears. Perhaps with 1-3 partner AIs. I don't get enough cubes to take them all.

omlet

If anyone has some red cube frags, I have a few hundred black and blue I can trade. Gonna need red for awakening soon and wanna get that done before alpha ends! PM me or post here so we can arrange a trade.

I appreciate how sincere the message seems The results not being "favorable" but that they will try anyways..

That and the comments about how long it may take to return are ominous to be sure.

I'm guessing they take it down, try to implement the new versions for a month or so before giving up, probably with no communication until months down the line.

The fact that they weren't happy with the results despite almost ALL the microtranactions getting stripped out of the game during the alpha likely spells doom for the game.

Puru

No, the last thing we know about it is that they are translating some lines and the one they showed on facebook might hint we will get season 4 (still speculative).
I wouldn't expect the thing to come back until far later this year.

omlet

They have not given a date. The old client (that was re-used for the recent "alpha" test) is probably not going to be used for the re-release. Their facebook page had a recent post (this weekend) about the ongoing translation work, indicating they're doing a lot of "from the ground up" work on this and it will have more recent content. Plus new cash shop and other infrastructure will have to be planned out and set up.

As such, I would expect several more months.

They have not given a date. The old client (that was re-used for the recent "alpha" test) is probably not going to be used for the re-release. Their facebook page had a recent post (this weekend) about the ongoing translation work, indicating they're doing a lot of "from the ground up" work on this and it will have more recent content. Plus new cash shop and other infrastructure will have to be planned out and set up.

As such, I would expect several more months.

That's fine by me, i was getting worried about it never coming out.

Kouriozan

I would have prefered a full reset because coming back at the same level after several months and a major update will only make me lost :s
And if you delete a character you need to wait 2/3 weeks to use the name again, I think.

Anyway, can't wait for the game to be back again.

No big news for DFO releasing but some trailers of fMage 2nd awakening were released.

Battle mage
2nd awakening looks like she becomes her 1st awakening.

Elementalist

Full screen BLAAACCKKK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLE.

Summoner
Another summon, now with more full screen.

Witch
Solving the problem with ice car not hitting in the back, this roller coaster sucks enemies in and hits around itself.

A few other skills are shown off as well like candy swatter for witch or vertical Halloween buster.

Anybody here thinks that there will at least be a beta version before the end of the year? Lol.

At this rate? Not really. Feels like if they were that close, they'd let us know by now but it still seems from their facebook updates that it'll be a bit of time before they're ready. I was thinking around October for a beta to test new clients and current translations back when it first went down but now it feels like this is a beginning of next year kind of thing for any sort of beta announcements. Sure hope I'm wrong however.

WarRock

They are asking for help with a spanish translation:

Remember us mentioning about new exciting “things” being prepared on our new DFO?
One of the things we came up with was making the DFO fans be a part of DFO.
-
-
Ever heard of a “Kickstarter”? It’s one of the crowd-funding platforms, but in our case, it’s different.
Instead of money, we are looking for “talent donation”, to provide you a chance to participate in DFO.

Currently, we are developing our DFO in English but we want to try something new, to make our DFO support other languages also.
So we would like some help on translation, starting off with Spanish (Latin American) for South American fans.

We have uploaded a small amount of text on “Google Docs” and see how this is gonna work out for a month.
Anyone who is willing translate into Spanish (Latin American) is welcomed.
If this goes smoothly, we will make this a serious project for you to join which will help us greatly.

Here’s the link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OBz85Ew9qX2s2g3V0eXVYdt8xZW8U-COObEiPTaoje0/edit?usp=sharing

It’s open to public, but make sure to log in with Gmail account to have your record on our list.
We would love to send 10 DFO Original Soundtrack who will be helping us, finding possibility of this new project.
If this project has some potential, then we will prepare for in-game rewards, name on our DFO credit, etc with some organized translation workspace.

We also would like to hear some feedback about our idea, idea of being a part of DFO development.
Thanx!

Since some anonymous were deleting other people's work, we decided to grant access to edit to ppl who verified their GMail account with us through
dfo_support@neople.co.kr

P.S. Anybody into voice acting or preparing for career in the future?

https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal/...41828.477239829070134/567172593410190/?type=1

isamu

Yeah, they've already gotten plenty of offers though so it's OK now.

Aerocrane

Closed beta test coming in March 2015!
https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal/...41828.477239829070134/574378266022956/?type=1
This is In Lee, the CEO at Neople.

First, I want to say thank you for your sincere support in DFO.

I would like to explain what is going on inside Neople, especially about the release date of DFO Global that you have been waiting for a long time.

We are striving to make the game perfect for global launching but it is taking more time than we expected as the game is quite dated and our previous service was a while ago.

Moreover, the entire staff at Neople are preparing to move at the moment (500 employees at once!)

We will be moving to an island(!!) called Jeju in southern part of South Korea.

We are moving to create an environment where we can focus more on creating superb games such as the global DFO and other new titles.

All of these above are affecting the current progress and have caused us some delay.

However, we cannot ask you to wait forever, so I’d like to announce the CBT schedule.

The CBT will be in March 2015!

There is still some time left between now and the CBT, so we would like to kindly request your patience for a bit more.

Please spread the word to your friends, and keep supporting us as your support deeply motivates us. We always appreciate it so much.

Your support is the only force that keeps us moving forward while we prepare for this service.

Top Bottom