• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online [Alpha Test] |OT| We are not your kind of Neople

omlet

Arg, I just wasted like an hour on avatar costume sim messing with outfits. I wonder what stuff we'll even be able to get; I know there were some costumes that were in sims/dats but Nexon never gave us when they were running DFO before.

Please be over soon, alpha, I want to play for reals.

Arg, I just wasted like an hour on avatar costume sim messing with outfits. I wonder what stuff we'll even be able to get; I know there were some costumes that were in sims/dats but Nexon never gave us when they were running DFO before.

Please be over soon, alpha, I want to play for reals.

well since Neople the creators of the game are running the show now we might even get anime avatars

double post but i have good reason

from their FB

Thank you for the 10K+ Likes on our page! To celebrate, we will be awarding rare avatars to 50 players!

To enter:

1) Take a screenshot of your most memorable moment while participating in DFO Alpha Test

2) “Comment” on this post with your screenshot (only 1 entry per player please – if you enter more than 1 your entry will be disregarded)

3) Entries are open until May 22 11AM KST (May 21 7PM PDT / 10PM EDT, May 22 3AM GMT)

Those selected will be announced after the event, and they will receive 'one' rare avatar (either white or black as shown in the image).

Show us what you’ve got!

Alpha ending is upon us people time to prepare for Season 3(soon)

dint think the wipe would be so soon. Ill show them any random screenshot since im just happy enough playing the game at all. Good Riddance to Nexon....

Is this just a 10K likes thing or actually signifying that Alpha is ending? Alphas are usually short so it shouldn't be too long either way though

Oh damnit how did I miss this. I tried to play the JP version of the game but as with most Nexon games just couldn't take it.

Is the Alpha only the English version? I wonder how far their rights reach....

Oh damnit how did I miss this. I tried to play the JP version of the game but as with most Nexon games just couldn't take it.

Is the Alpha only the English version? I wonder how far their rights reach....
what rights
read my lips people
NEOPLE CREATED DnF
they can literally put any of the DnF content into our version

Piccoro

I had too much fun with the Female Fighter yesterday. This game is a lot of fun!
Did Neople confirm if our characters are getting reset for the full game?

And are there any X360 pad players here? How in the world do I enable the D-Pad? Do I really need a software like Xpadder?

you wouldnt give the rarest avatars just to wipe them
cmon man use your brain
I dunno. Personally, if I knew that my company was going to do a wipe then I would be very liberal with rare avatars because they're only temporary and people will still have to get them in the full game.

Maybe I'm just scarred from all the time I spent playing Nexon America games a really long time ago.

MisterHero

Boss Uniques are the best weapons. Perhaps they're not as strong as true Uniques or Legacies, but their features are the best.

I have a lightsaber that shoots lightning bolts

Kouriozan

Can you post it?
Sure.

Season 3.
Level cap increased from 70->80.
Job level requirement changed from 20->15.
EXP curve changed with an emphasis on increasing 40-59 and reducing 60-70.
Seria’s Blessing changed to apply to 40/50/60/70 but with less EXP.
Early play changes including removal of class armor mastery.
8 new general dungeons and 1 ancient.
Large scale dungeon reorganization including merged level 70 otherverse and EP reorganization, removal of Altar of Infinity raffle, merged hell party entry items and more.
Large scale character reorganization with an emphasis on awakening skills and hybrids.
Large scale item reorganization with equipment drop level interval changed from 5 to 10, reinforcement costs based on reinforcement level and removal of ryan cokes in favor of clear cube fragments, and more.
Large scale system reorganization including Faction War consecutive win changes and Fight System overhaul requiring opponents to accept the fight.
Start Server and 13 new Cera items added.

It's the Korean changelog, it might be different for us.
Female Slayer was added 5 months after.

Kouriozan

Reporting for duty.

IGN: MagiMu
Class: M. Mage

How do I get on the guild train?

Push the ; key, type NeoGAF then click request.
Or maybe I can try to invite you.

EDIT : stop playing for now, and trying a M.Mage -> Elemantal Bomber named Kouriolex so I sent a guild request with him.

Sent an invite to the guild, I'm Buri. I'm a Male Mage right now, guess I'll be going Glacial Master.

I'm from EU, never played DFO and no idea what I'm doing :)

Kouriozan

Is there any way to disable the world chat spam? >.<
Hopefully, in the Beta it won't be sold for 10k, that would be better already.

Kouriozan

Levelled my M.Mage to 22, advanced to Elemental Bomber, I think I'll just main him in the Beta.
I should have know better as I always pick up the magic class in RPG.
I also need to check some guides about that class too.

So, how do I join the guild? I sent my invite several hours ago.

Speaking of which, why is it literally impossible to party in this game? it's impossible. Theres hundreds of parties but nobody is ever playing, they're just sitting there and won't accept your requests. Making is pointless too because nobody ever joins. It's frustrating as hell. What the fuck is the point of party play?

omlet

Speaking of which, why is it literally impossible to party in this game? it's impossible. Theres hundreds of parties but nobody is ever playing, they're just sitting there and won't accept your requests. Making is pointless too because nobody ever joins. It's frustrating as hell. What the fuck is the point of party play?

First rule of DFO is that at any given time over half the people logged in are AFK and that percentage is higher outside a dungeon.

Second rule of DFO is that if a party listed in the party menu has one of the default party messages and the listed difficulty is normal mode, its leader is probably not actively recruiting (and/or doesn't even realize their party is listed as recruiting).

Third rule of DFO is lots of people don't know about (or don't trust, like you experienced) the party interface and just try to chat up a party with J> or R> or something. Part two of this rule is that people doing J> or R> or something in chat usually are not actually paying any attention to chat themselves and just expect other people to pay attention and either invite them or try to join their party.

Finally, partying in DFO is great. You didn't mention what level you are but at low levels people tend not to bother partying until Sky Tower around 16-20 because before then it's really a breeze to solo quests (or maybe that Thunderland quest you have to clear in a 2+ person group--some people just skip that one, though I don't like to). Once quests start requiring Master and King difficulty to clear, that's when you will see more people forming and joining parties.* But even then there's not really any downside to partying besides splitting loot (but if you're running with buddies you can trade stuff around after the run).

*Speaking based on experience as max level Archmage in the old Nexon version.

So, how do I join the guild? I sent my invite several hours ago.

You should be in now.

I also apparently goofed and I thought I made more people Officers, but looks like I was wrong. So there's some officer spots open if you feel like being one lol

Push the ; key, type NeoGAF then click request.
Or maybe I can try to invite you.

EDIT : stop playing for now, and trying a M.Mage -> Elemantal Bomber named Kouriolex so I sent a guild request with him.

Thanks.! I'll accept when I get home. Elemental Bomber? Very nice. I'm going for Glacial Master, personally. :)

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Played quite a bit of DFO back in the day with my brother and cousins, so we're really hyped to see it brought back. Sent a request to join the GAF guild. :3

IGN: Stormblessed
Class: M. Fighter Striker, woo!

Thanks for the quick invite, guys. <3

Is there a way to be able to trade untradeables? Or are they locked?

Nope, anything untradable is just that, untradable. That said, there is a a premium item to reseal purple or pink gear that you have unsealed, the Golden Candle, but you need a whole bunch of them to reseal anything of a decent level.

Some untradable items like Bind Cubes may becomes account tradable in the future, as they are in the korean version.

I forgot the pain of trying to unlock king's road in puppet museum. That and since apparently getting hit doesnt count against you anymore. Dying on boss then killing doesnt reset your rank =/

MisterHero

You should be in now.

I also apparently goofed and I thought I made more people Officers, but looks like I was wrong. So there's some officer spots open if you feel like being one lol
I'll take one if it's open

evilpigking said:
I forgot the pain of trying to unlock king's road in puppet museum. That and since apparently getting hit doesnt count against you anymore. Dying on boss then killing doesnt reset your rank =/
Nope it's just based on your combo rating now.

The very basic version is to mash x-x-x so you get 3+ hit combos everytime. Equip a weaker weapon if you're one-shotting enemies.

what rights
read my lips people
NEOPLE CREATED DnF
they can literally put any of the DnF content into our version

I don't know a whole lot about the original development, but game publishing and rights agreements are NEVER that clear cut. The game even has a different name in Japan which means a whole different set of trademarks, etc.

Maybe they were smart and made sure that all the rights reverted back to them in the publishing agreements with Hangame and Nexon. Seems that way since they are doing their own alpha now.

However, unlike the US I am 99% sure the Japanese servers are still up...so I am just wondering if they are only going to be putting the game out in English.

Kouriozan

Wow, just saw that I missed a dungeon with my Crusader, that floating castle one.
It was hidden behind the chat window, I feel dumb now >.<

This is really getting frustrating. Nobody is partying. Sky Tower is literally dead, not a single party, and not a single person joins me.

Pejo

Wow I couldn't believe this was brought back from the grave. Loved this game but for whatever reason i died out around level 20 when Nexon was running the show. Did they have some sort of Stamina system before that stopped your character progression? I seem to remember that killing it for me.

Anyways, rainy day this past Saturday, so I leveled both paths for Male Mage to low 20s to try both specializations, a Priest Avenger, Blade Master Slayer, and a Nen Master Male Fighter. Ended up really loving the Nen Master so I'm going to stick with that for the first run through of the game. I saw a miscellaneous GAF guild member standing around town but I think he was AFK. I'll read the instructions above in the page to apply to the guild next time I'm on. My Nen Master's name is Pejo and he's level 25 or 26 now.

Once you get the controller config set with Joy2Key, this game is so damn fun to play. I have a hard time mapping all the keys to the controller though, which I feel like is limiting my play a bit. I just need to get more creative with the Z macros though, i'm sure it'll be fine after I play some more.

Top Bottom