• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust 514 |OT| You don't need to pay to win

The DUST panel right now is heavily implying your DUST character will be working in Legion. I feel like your character will be ported between the two.

The DUST panel right now is heavily implying your DUST character will be working in Legion. I feel like your character will be ported between the two.

I'm looking at a Legion panel right now, I don't think I've seen any implication that we'll be transferring characters and frankly I don't think I'd want to have that ability. Legion should be a fresh start for the Infantry side of New Eden and everyone should be on an even playing ground from the outset.

Moving to Legion is the last nail in the coffin of 2007-2011 CCP. This pretty much cleans up all the garbage coming out of CCP from that era.

WoD is dead. WiS is dead. Console focus is dead.

CCP is now back to completely focusing on the PC and EVE IP. Overall I feel like this will strengthen the brand. They made a lot of bad bets in a short stretch of time. Now we can hopefully move past all of that.

I'm looking at a Legion panel right now, I don't think I've seen any implication that we'll be transferring characters and frankly I don't think I'd want to have that ability. Legion should be a fresh start for the Infantry side of New Eden and everyone should be on an even playing ground from the outset.

No, it's actually a matter of can we. There are technical questions and restrictions, legal questions (with Sony) and design questions (how do we convert experience when the progression system is different, items are different and ISK works in different ratios).

When we can answer the questions above, we'll share with you. Trust me when we say we want to let people carry over progress. But we just honestly don't know if we can do so yet.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=158842&p=2

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PC port needed to happen. The game controls horribly (and I say this a former game-pad shooter person) on PS3. It was laggy, it wasn't fun. Sure, they "patched in" keyboard and mouse for PS3 and that's nice but it isn't a $100-300 console-buying-title for most of the userbase of EVE.

If anything, this should also help with Dust getting to PS4
so no one will play it because it's kinda mediocre and not really filling it's potential

The one question I have in my mind is: How are they going to merge console accounts with PC accounts? If they aren't doing that, I'm not really interested in redownloading 7+ gigs of stuff just to see if the performance improved from the old PS3 beta with that million of SP or whatever I probably have on my account.

Probably needed to happen or not either way as what CCP employees said , project legion is early development and may not be a thing yet it might be awhile like 2-3+ years or more before Legion comes out. We'll see how it turns out.

Karakand

Well I was way off. :jnc

I can understand the resentment, and I hope the PS3 community isn't left in the... dust (awkward...), but I'm really excited to be able to play this game sometime soon (finally).

Korten

Banned
Honestly I'm really dissapointed in CCP... Not saying i'm mad that Dust is going to PC, but the for the fact that as of today: "Dust 514 will see no meaningful updates as development shifts to the newly-announced PC game Project Legion."

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ne...rvival-mode-and-vita-app.html#~oD9pzQnkflpAgi

This just... Pisses me off, they promise the world to Dust players, then they bring them into the closet, slit their throat and go outside to meet their new friend and promise them even more than the last guy.

Fuck CCP. :(

If you contact Sony customer service and explain that CCP promised Dust 514 to have longevity like EVE: Online, but today announced that they are ending development for Dust 514 and shifting focus to a new game on a non-Playstation platform you can get a refund of all your Dust 514 purchases in the last 90 days.

Korten

Banned
Honestly at this point I hope Project Legion crashes and burns, this whole thing is fucking despicable. Fuck CCP and what ever they do, they don't deserve their fans, not after something like this.

If you contact Sony customer service and explain that CCP promised Dust 514 to have longevity like EVE: Online, but today announced that they are ending development for Dust 514 and shifting focus to a new game on a non-Playstation platform you can get a refund of all your Dust 514 purchases in the last 90 days.

That sounds like BS.

The Light

Can't say im shocked people are asking for refunds. Well those last few sp weekends make sense now. Bet quite a few bought some boosters.
A ton of people on the forums feels like there is no reason to play now. Wonder how my corp took the news.

Korten

Banned
Can't say im shocked people are asking for refunds. Well those last few sp weekends make sense now. Bet quite a few bought some boosters.
A ton of people on the forums feels like there is no reason to play now. Wonder how my corp took the news.

Most EvE players are laughing at Dust players and calling them morons.

Most EvE players are laughing at Dust players and calling them morons.

Considering a major portion of DUST players are EVE players I would say that isn't true. I think DUST is a pretty bad game and I'm glad CCP is actively developing Legion.

I also think DUST will still get some level of support as they continue to work on Legion. I'm glad a company like CCP exists that is willing to try a brand new idea out. It's unfortunate DUST514 didn't work out, but at least we can get some evolution of the dream with Legion.

The vast majority of DUST players in my corp are EVE alts. The vast majority of them including myself unplugged their PS3s either after Dark Souls II PC came out or before.

I'm pretty hardcore into EVE. I have a copy of the signed EVE Source. For me, EVE is real. Not even blind CCP zealotry got me to continue playing DUST. If it says that much for me, I can only imagine what their real numbers look like.

The vast majority of DUST players in my corp are EVE alts. The vast majority of them including myself unplugged their PS3s either after Dark Souls II PC came out or before.

I'm pretty hardcore into EVE. I have a copy of the signed EVE Source. For me, EVE is real. Not even blind CCP zealotry got me to continue playing DUST. If it says that much for me, I can only imagine what their real numbers look like.
Well one's corp is in no way a full representation of the player base. And as for myself, I never played EVE and I'm much more into consoles than PC, I also have a copy of EVE Source, though not signed.

Top Bottom