• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends announced for PS3/PS4/Vita

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends is coming to PlayStation 3 in Japan on November 28, Tecmo Koei reveals in this week’s Famitsu.

The game will add new characters Chen Gong and Zhu Ran.

Source

360amcry etc etc

Update:

- Chen Gong's weapon is some kind of scroll.
- Zhu Ran's weapon is Blaze Bow
- More characters will be added.
- Challenge Mode returns
- Seems that characters will have an additional EX attack (maybe)
- Ambition mode has an added goal of "Unification"
- A new battle system is in-coming? (No idea what this details)
- Lu Bu is getting more of a focus in story mode

- Physical & Digital versions confirmed for all of XL-only package, XL-with-Vanilla DW8 Package, and PSV version of DW8+XL (It sounds like the Vita XL will be the original 8 and XL which is pretty cool)

- Of course all the DLC from 8 is cross-compatible
- More Hypothetical Stages
- Save data is transferable from DW8 to the PS3 and Vita version

Even another update:

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends is coming to PlayStation 4, publisher Tecmo Koei announced during SCEJA Press Conference 2013 today.

The PlayStation 4 version will feature a larger number of on-screen enemies, improved lighting, increased opponent motion variation, and a greater sense of realism on the battlefield, producer Akihiro Suzuki said.

The game will be available as a Japanese launch title for PlayStation 4 on February 22, 2014. The previously announced PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions will launch in Japan on November 28.

Source

The gameplay demo seen in Sony's Playstation Conference on 9/9

Yu Jin is added. Weapon is a Tri-Pronged Spear.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Holy cow, already? I suppose 8 has been out for a while longer in Japan, but the US just got it last month...

Salex

Banned
Haven't touched DW since DW5/DW5:Empires and Warriors Orochi but why are they stuck in pre HD console era? Just keep the XL/Empire modes in the main title and add more chars as DLC or save them for the next title. I'm wondering how much money they make from all of these releases.
It's also coming out for Vita.
Isn't Warriors Orochi 3 also coming to the Vita?

mao2

Haven't touched DW since DW5/DW5:Empires and Warriors Orochi but why are they stuck in pre HD console era? Just keep the XL/Empire modes in the main title and add more chars as DLC or save them for the next title. I'm wondering how much money they make from all of these releases.

Isn't Warriors Orochi 3 also coming to the Vita?
Yes, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is for both PS3 and Vita. It's coming out on September 26 in Japan.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yes, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is for both PS3 and Vita. It's coming out on September 26 in Japan.

Never knew this was announced. What's added? I still have a barely touched copy of WO3 on 360, may just hold off if this comes stateside.

sensui-tomo

How does XL differ from the base game? Is the base game obsolete?

no its basically an expansion more or less(depending on how they do it again) basically you should keep the base game in case they use the mixjoy( aka you swap disks to get all of the DW8 content ala story mode and the such, playable with the improvements of XL)
also calling it again(like i did with 8's announcement) that this wont be ported on the 360 in the western areas.

mao2

Sep 26 [PS3/PSV] Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
Oct 24 [PS3/PSV] Samurai Warriors 2 with Xtreme Legends & Empires HD Version
Nov 28 [PS3/PSV] Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends

BTW this is the release schedule of the upcoming Warriors titles in Japan.

Here's some more translated info courtesy of BlackKite from KoeiWarrior:

- Chen Gong's weapon is some kind of scroll.
- Zhu Ran's weapon is Blaze Bow
- More characters will be added.
- Challenge Mode returns
- Seems that characters will have an additional EX attack (maybe)
- Ambition mode has an added goal of "Unification"
- A new battle system is in-coming? (No idea what this details)
- Lu Bu is getting more of a focus in story mode

- Physical & Digital versions confirmed for all of XL-only package, XL-with-Vanilla DW8 Package, and PSV version of DW8+XL (It sounds like the Vita XL will be the original 8 and XL which is pretty cool)

- Of course all the DLC from 8 is cross-compatible
- More Hypothetical Stages
- Save data is transferable from DW8 to the PS3 and Vita version

All kinds of hype now.

ReaperXL7

Localize the vita version please.

Not much that I can think of that Tecmo has not localized for Vita. Ill probably buy Warriors ultimate 3 instead, but Tecmos really bringing the Vita some love. Would not be surprised by a Toukiden sequel sometime since the original did pretty well.

Videoneon

Finally, Zhu Ran! It's the Yi Ling fire attack person (at least in DW), and a nice later Wu choice. Especially since Jin is a thing now.

Cheng Pu is like the last prominent Wu guy I can think of to add. Early Wu, but still good.

Sophia

I was just playing Dynasty Warriors 8 by rental and wondering if I should buy it. Guess this seals the deal if it's coming out and is a digital upgrade.

Other sites are reporting PS3/Vita crossplay. Hypeeee~!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
no its basically an expansion more or less(depending on how they do it again) basically you should keep the base game in case they use the mixjoy( aka you swap disks to get all of the DW8 content ala story mode and the such, playable with the improvements of XL)
also calling it again(like i did with 8's announcement) that this wont be ported on the 360 in the western areas.

XL typically doesn't include story mode. Ambition mode might be out too.

Ah, so it's worth keeping the original then?

Peff

Why have they stopped supporting 360? Does it just not sell (in US and EU) or something? It's where I've bought them all post PS2.

People are jumping the gun in this thread. This is the announcement for Japan, where DW8 is PS3 only. Not to say it will be ported, but it's a possibility. They patched the slowdown if I'm not mistaken so they care to some extent.

People are jumping the gun in this thread. This is the announcement for Japan, where DW8 is PS3 only. Not to say it will be ported, but it's a possibility. They patched the slowdown if I'm not mistaken so they care to some extent.

Oh, gotcha. I was curious. I just took for granted that it sold enough to keep justifying it on 360 in US/EU.

Top Bottom