• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends announced for PS3/PS4/Vita

Oddly enough, I think Huang Gai as an old man suffering mid (late?)-life crisis is a pretty interesting evolution to his old veteran becoming a fading relic schtick.

neohwa

Empire is always the best version so I'll wait for that.

But then I don't like to wait hmm............

BONKERS

What the heck is up with those crap textures Koei? You have up to 5GB of RAM, it's not the year 2005 anymore.

Also: Dithering? What is this? The PSP?

I am disappointed by KOEI's tech team. Everything just looks like they are abusing BRDF phong lighting making everything look either wet or too shiny.

Not to mention the DOF is disappointing. Gaussian blended image? Disappointing

You'd think they'd AT LEAST be able to get good AA with a simple looking game.

I bet the framerate won't be exactly peachy either. It is, just disappointing. Here's a supposed PS3 version of one of the shots and it looks a lot better to me. More natural /lighting model that doesn't look absurd trying to be poor man's IBL or some crap.
i5dyOaQlYs94y.jpg

Even less offensive Aliasing thanks to the upscale from what seems to be a resolution lower than 720p..(Like you know, when developers make a PS2 game intentionally more blurry in "HD" comparisons to make it seem like more of a difference?)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Here's a supposed PS3 version of one of the shots and it looks a lot better to me. More natural /lighting model that doesn't look absurd trying to be poor man's IBL or some crap.
i5dyOaQlYs94y.jpg

Even less offensive Aliasing thanks to the upscale from what seems to be a resolution lower than 720p..(Like you know, when developers make a PS2 game intentionally more blurry in "HD" comparisons to make it seem like more of a difference?)

You're BONKERS!

Awakening musou on a group of +50 peons while in a fire-filled corridor with NO slowdown?

This is already an improvement. If they could make the Chi Bi battles flow without frame drops, then it'll be worth the buy for me.

Hystzen

I must be only one who finds it amusing how low Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are on that poll due to the bias they get in the novel and game.

obviously they are not boyband enough looking at the top 10 (apart from Xiahou Dun the real boss)

ZhugeEX

Banned
Awakening musou on a group of +50 peons while in a fire-filled corridor with NO slowdown?

This is already an improvement. If they could make the Chi Bi battles flow without frame drops, then it'll be worth the buy for me.

Yeh, the frame rate looks really smooth here and the effects are great.

Although maybe it's just me but the lighting and a few character models just feel ever so slightly off.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Official web site updated last night and we got some screenshots of Yu Jin.

Jiang Wei aint gonna be too happy. Honestly though, I'm glad it's a more traditional weapon. Half the cast used to have just swords, and that was fine, because they could still make the movesets interesting and different without having to make like... flying swords or a rocket lance.

mao2

It looks like Fa Zheng (法正) is the next new character, according to this week's Famitsu leak.

It looks like Fa Zheng (法正) is the next new character, according to this week's Famitsu leak.

Oh boy another Shu strategist. I guess that's slightly better than another Guan kid.

His seiyuu is Hashizume Tomohisa, who's most famous role I guess is being Bertolt Hoover in Attack of Titans.

At least his weapon sounds unique enough. Linked Clothes, lol.

mao2

Oh boy another Shu strategist. I guess that's slightly better than another Guan kid.

His seiyuu is Hashizume Tomohisa, who's most famous role I guess is being Bertolt Hoover in Attack of Titans.

At least his weapon sounds unique enough. Linked Clothes, lol.
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the name of the weapon was a towel whip LOL.

mao2

Just saw Fa Zheng's pics. He kinda looks sleepy-eyed... and he fights with a long piece of cloth.

As for pre-order bonus costumes, Zhao Yun will get Ibuki's outfit from Toukiden, Wang Yuanji will get Rorona's outfit from New Atelier Rorona, and Xu Shu will get Ritsu Kisaragi's outfit from La Corda d'Oro 3.

OMG OMG OMG.

Another awesome add who should add a different dynamic to Shu, Omega Force have been on the ball lately!

now if they could add Yan Yan and Zhang Ren it would make the battle of Cheng Du much more interesting, and obviously later Shu Stages (a hypothetical if Zhang Ren joined Liu Bei?) Either Way Fa Zheng and Yan Yan would add to later stages.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.

Kinda love this screenshot.

Zhao Yun's look of vaguely optimistic confusion says "So I just dropped Liu Bei's son on the ground head-first while rescuing him. Is that bad for babies? Eh, whatevs. I'm just gonna musou outta here and gloss over the details if anybody asks."

It's like the most Zhao Yun expression imaginable.

Any word on this getting localized?

I need this and I'm cool with the psn jp audio with English text style of release if necessary
It's their first PS4 game. It's pretty much guaranteed to come out internationally. Plus, Multiraid 2 and the 3DS game are the only, non-port, DWs to be Japanese only. I wouldn't worry about it.

Just saw Fa Zheng's pics. He kinda looks sleepy-eyed... and he fights with a long piece of cloth.

As for pre-order bonus costumes, Zhao Yun will get Ibuki's outfit from Toukiden, Wang Yuanji will get Rorona's outfit from New Atelier Rorona, and Xu Shu will get Ritsu Kisaragi's outfit from La Corda d'Oro 3.

He looks a lot less pretty boy than I thought he would. Yes, still young but has that kinda messy/dirty look. And he slaps enemies with a piece of cloth. Awesome.

All that cross promotion. Sounds awesome.
Any word on this getting localized?

I need this and I'm cool with the psn jp audio with English text style of release if necessary

Almost definitely, now that the PS4 version has been announced. I suspect we'll get both the PS3 and PS4 version released at the same time here probably around the same time as the Japanese launch of the PS4. Vita version, maybe not.

Yawnier

Banned
now if they could add Yan Yan and Zhang Ren it would make the battle of Cheng Du much more interesting, and obviously later Shu Stages (a hypothetical if Zhang Ren joined Liu Bei?) Either Way Fa Zheng and Yan Yan would add to later stages.

I would love for Zhang Ren to be added because he was one of Liu Zhang's best generals and it would give Liu Zhang's force a bit of needed personality, although I assume he would just be added to the Others kingdom because he never actually served under Liu Bei.

Yan Yan, I don't know I have always seen him as a "Huang Zhong" mini-me in a sort of way. He's not necessarily known for anything major in particular in the novel aside from being captured and surrendering to Zhang Fei really and its an event I'm not sure if it has ever been acknowledged in a DW game before, maybe in DW4? I forget now.

Still no Sima Fu, Liao Hua, Wang Ping, and Cheng Pu?
1349110387076.jpg

Okay, keep going Koei.

Sima Fu lol, that sure would be an obscure, or different add. Not that far-fetched though with all the other members of the Sima clan in the game now.

The other three characters you mention afterwards I definitely think need to be added sometime though. Especially Liao Hua.

TGS Update Time! (or whatever)

DW8XL TGS Trailer (You can see for a split second the Blaze Bow and hear Lu Bu advertise for the game)

The three most popular character's cameo costumes:
uUgQflgl.png

Zhao Yun is Ibuki from Toukiden
Wang Yuanji is Rorona from Atelier Rorona
Xu Shu is Ritsu Kisaragi from La Corda d'Oro 3

Fa Zheng is officially revealed:

Zhu Ran finally got a CG render:

I do like the earpiece he has.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. As stated in the TOS, posting of copyrighted material is prohibited here.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390708

Scans of magazine or book covers, table of contents, as well as the advertisements inside are allowed though.

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'll remember for next time :)

Nice to see Fa Zheng. Pleasant surprise as i was not expecting a Shu add.

PS4 version looks pretty good tbh from the direct feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wiRl-61135g#t=2699

sensui-tomo

Lu Lingqi got revealed and her weapon is the Cross Halberd! (Lu Bu's DW6 weapon) Hiroko Ushida who is Konbu in One Piece and Mystique in the Japanese dub of X-Men: First Class voices Lu Lingqui.

Top Bottom