• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA brings Oddworld Stranger to XB/PS2 Spring 2005

jedimike

source

Really suprised that EA is leaving GC out of this one as well.

1089295937.jpg

edit: added pic

The games EA developers in house seem to go to all systems, but the ones that EA just publishes seem to end up being the developers choice more than anything.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Doom_Bringer said:
I thought that the guy behind oddworld hated PS2 and joined microsoft!
Lanning didn't hate the PS2 as much as he loved MS money

jedimike

seismologist said:
What a better way to distract from the fact that Xbox has lost another exclusive.

IIRC, MS dumped Oddworld Inhabitants. It's not like Lanning wanted to leave MS's security blanket.

The games EA developers in house seem to go to all systems, but the ones that EA just publishes seem to end up being the developers choice more than anything.

If EA is publishing the game, they can pay the developers to make it for GC. It's more a case of getting the best return on their dollar. I think Oddworld would do pretty well on GC and I wonder if Playstation owners will welcome it's return.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
jedimike said:
If EA is publishing the game, they can pay the developers to make it for GC. It's more a case of getting the best return on their dollar. I think Oddworld would do pretty well on GC and I wonder if Playstation owners will welcome it's return.

Its gonna flop.

Alcibiades

jedimike said:

I wonder if XBox owners will welcome it's return... for that matter I wonder if ANYONE will welcome it's return...

I know the first one did about 1/2 million copies on XBox, but some major XBox franchcises have underperformed in their sequels...

Though I even doubt GCN would be that friendly, but they'd certainly be wise to at open up that user-base to this game...

Rhindle

Stranger isn't a sequel to anything.

In fact, it looks to be a substantial departure from the Abe/Munch games in terms of gameplay.

Alcibiades

oh, well, either way it's part of the Oddworld franchise is what I meant, but I don't think moving it from platformer to FPS is going to change excitement much, but maybe XBox owners will take it more seriously now...

SyNapSe

efralope said:
oh, well, either way it's part of the Oddworld franchise is what I meant, but I don't think moving it from platformer to FPS is going to change excitement much, but maybe XBox owners will take it more seriously now...

Munch's Odysee was a pretty "fun" game. Quirky with a lot of atmosphere. Something a lot of games lack anymore..

I doubt anything new will sell that great. It will get lost on the PS2, I imagine.

Top Bottom