• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EarthBound |OT| Look at the sun. Face the sun and smile.

llehuty

First timer. Only have played for 30 min and I can say the game looks so unique, with the charming and funny dialogues. I'm totatlly ok with it being only in english, because the translation is top notch.

I can't wait for all the things this little gem has in store for me.

Chris R

Nice to see the WiiU get some loving. Going to force my friend to buy it since he is the only one I know with a WiiU

Probably won't have time to actually start playing this until the weekend, but I downloaded it the instant I heard it was up. Damn this feels hella surreal after so long.

Kenai

I remember this was the first RPG I ever played where I ended up wanting to talk to just about every NPC I could find. The dialogue was that good. So many other things were done right too, but the NPC dialogue thing is just sooooooo rare. And I love RPGs.

Have fun with it, first timers. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did so many summers ago.

psykomyko

I am currently playing through Super Metroid for the first time on WiiU VC. Will be getting this as well for the first time!

Just bought it an hour ago. Only played long enough to name my characters, but it seems cool. Looking forward to diving in later tonight

Lotto

I hope people who didn't get to experience this gem of a game get to now. My absolute favorite game of all time!

Shahadan

First timer here as a dirty european peasant. Loving the beginning. I don't really know why tbh, but something feels so right.

Somnia

I can't wait to start reading peoples first impressions in here. I am so jealous of everyone who gets to play through this game for the first time... Have fun!!

kizmah

First timer european here. Just got the game and played for about 30 mins. It's off to a great start. Seeing as so much fuss was made about this on Miiverse and constantly here on gaf I just had to check it out.

I'm so glad EarthBound is finally once again being officially recognized. It and Mother 3 changed my life.

(You guys think we might see Ness on the Smash site tomorrow?)

oatmeal

Banned
Fuck.

I'm furious. Every time I download something from the eshop it defaults to my external drive for some stupid reason. And then I don't remember to manually move it to my flash internal and so I play it and it crashes. Even if I have restore points and saves, they ALWAYS GET WIPED.

I was up to the arcade (which took me an hour or so...first time) and lost it all.

This has happened before, too. So mad. Any game off of the USB drive freezes.

kingslunk

Someone take a picture of the guide on the controller please.

I'm resisting the urge to go buy a wii u and this game. My favorite of all time :/

Fuck.

I'm furious. Every time I download something from the eshop it defaults to my external drive for some stupid reason. And then I don't remember to manually move it to my flash internal and so I play it and it crashes. Even if I have restore points and saves, they ALWAYS GET WIPED.

I was up to the arcade (which took me an hour or so...first time) and lost it all.

This has happened before, too. So mad. Any game off of the USB drive freezes.

Why don't you unplug the drive before making purchases?

PKrockin

I'm so glad EarthBound is finally once again being officially recognized. It and Mother 3 changed my life.

(You guys think we might see Ness on the Smash site tomorrow?)

Eh, probably not. Ness will probably be a secret character again. And of course EB was already on the Japanese VC. The West never seems to be taken into consideration by Japanese teams during development.

Scum

tumblr_m71dpyxB1s1r5niulo1_500.gif

Davey Cakes

Anyone new to playing the game should make an effort to not only talk to many NPCs, but to also stop and read whatever signs (including bulletin boards) that are around. The game's writing is just flat-out fun to read regardless of the context.

Davey Cakes

Any changes?
I'm almost certain that it's the original game fully intact, just based on what Bill Trinen said.

Of course, confirmation would be nice. Anyone get to the Sky Runner part yet? Did they change the music? (admittedly that part is a few hours into the game so I doubt anyone is there yet unless they've been playing all day).

To be honest it'd be kind of silly if they did change anything. It's all pretty much fair use and parody. Dali's Clock might be the one exception, I don't know.

chrono01

This game is a true classic.

I won't be purchasing it right away, but I will in the next month or two. I have a few many games in my backlog to burn through first, but I'll definitely get around to it. I still have my original SNES cart with guide, but my SNES isn't connected so the Wii U port would be great for ease-of-use. Also, to support the series.

To those playing through Earthbound for the first time, I envy you.

Top Bottom