• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EarthBound |OT| Look at the sun. Face the sun and smile.

Spades

Really want to play this game for the first time, but the European eShop is dying right now and I can't download it.

I can only assume Earthbound traffic is causing it.

If you own a WiiU and only have $10 left in your bank account you should use that money to pick this up. If you starve to death at least you got to enjoy this glorious game first.

ASGFHJGQWEJFGYJAHJFSGHJASGJFA

TODAY?

image.php

blackflag

So this is coming out for the wiiU vc but not on the 3ds eshop? I don't think I'd play this on my WiiU unless they ever added the ability to play them on the WiiU pad.

Jarlaxle

I've never played Earthbound but have always wanted to ever since the scratch and sniff stuff in the Nintendo Power. I can't believe I'll finally get my chance soon. I just have to find some time to finish Witcher 2 so I can start this.

Lasdrub

Guide tip: Open the PDF with iSpreadsheet on iPad. It is much faster than loading the PDF or web page when you want to access it. I haven't tried on the GamePad yet.

JohnsonUT

Strategy tip for when you get Paula:

Her prayer function is underrated and under utilized. If your HP is low or winding down to 0, her prayer will often give you an HP boost.

hlhbk

It was long rumored that the game was never re-released because the Sky Runner song and Frankie's song were too close to existing music, and thus Nintendo was afraid of being sued. This theory kind of vaporized when someone actually asked someone high up at Nintendo, and they responded by saying "huh?"

This.

Can anyone verify if the music has been altered.

Jarlaxle

Wow how did not know this!!!!!! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

I guess at one point I thought they had just said they weren't going to do that.

You can't play Wii Virtual Console games on the gamepad. That was probably where you got confused. Anything that comes out on the Wii U Virtual Console is good to go for the gamepad. Not that I would play it on that as I'd much rather play on the big screen.

Zane

How do I make it so the guide is on my GamePad with the internet browser and the game is on the TV? I can't figure out a way to do that.

Robin64

I bought it and I've died about eight times to the goons. =/

Keep at it. Try and get single goon fights in the road to the left of the arcade, level up a bit there. Also get the Mr Baseball Cap from the hidden shack near the library, and try and earn enough money to get the Cheap Bracelet from the shop.

I love that Nintendo released this. Eat shit eBay scalpers :)

Okay, so someone who is playing list all of the censoring they made to the game...remember the reason they said they couldn't release it was because it is full of copyrighted material...

Young Magus

Glad to see that the game finally re-reached US shores. Would pick the game up but alas I do not have a wii u at the moment. Hope that those who do enjoy the experience, whether it's their 1st or 100th time. If/when I get a wii u this will be one of the first things that I purchase.

Again, congrats US/EU Mother/Earthbound Fans. Your work and hope has payed off.

I love that Nintendo released this. Eat shit eBay scalpers :)

Okay, so someone who is playing list all of the censoring they made to the game...remember the reason they said they couldn't release it was because it is full of copyrighted material...

Apparently that speculation was false.

According to reports, nothing was changed from the original US release of the game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Very informative OT! I'll get this first thing when I get home from summer holiday!

Sallokin

Won't get a chance to dig in for a while, but I bought this soooo quick. I'm thrilled it's finally up for everyone to enjoy.

Joqu

All right I'm pretty sure I have added everything to the OT for now. I must say I'm quite happy about it.

Feel free to give some more suggestions if you have any, and definitely feel free to add onto the "Why the fuzz" part if you want to!

I just noticed that the logo has some jaggies for some reason, it wasn't like that when I made it. I'll look into that later.

I think I'll finally give the game a try now. :)

Top Bottom