• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gravity Rush 2 review makes me ant to give GR1 another chance. I kinda liked it, when I started it, but I wasn't fond of the comic book cutscenes and the controls. But after watching the review of GR2, I really want to give it another go. Well done, Damiani.

Kneefoil

Ehh... Miku stream is not going to be much fun to watch, especially if you don't care about the music.

I'm still hoping for Pokèmon Snap to be a Brandon & Kyle thing instead of a full group thing.

Bottom line is that Rayman Legends is being robbed right now. That one at least has some co-op goodness.

Mista Koo

Voted Rayman. I like Hatsune Miku music, but single player games are only fun when no one knows what to expect (Lupin, Magician Lord).

Anyone else here using this setting?

zyGB0EJ.png

Because now I'm pretty sure it disabled all emails for me.

MrMette

Ehh... Miku stream is not going to be much fun to watch, especially if you don't care about the music.

I'm still hoping for Pokèmon Snap to be a Brandon & Kyle thing instead of a full group thing.

Bottom line is that Rayman Legends is being robbed right now. That one at least has some co-op goodness.
Yeah, went for Rayman. Will probably skip around the archive if Miku wins. It's not even a VR one!

I agree about Miku. I almost turned off the stream when they were doing the Miku VR stuff, so I don't think I can stomach 2 hours of that. Possibly the first group stream I won't watch then (as I am quite sure it will be the Miku game which will win unfortunately).
I did vote Pokemon Snap (nostalgia as my sister has this and I did play it as well on N64, I really liked it), but a whole Brandon & Kyle thing about that would be nice as well (let's hope for a new Snap game).

Rayman would be fine for me as well as they are good games.

I get why you wouldn't want Miku to win as a stream game but you don't get to vote on Pokemon Snap afterward! lol

Rayman is certainly the most "streamable" but man, I have no interest in them streaming that.

MrMette

I get why you wouldn't want Miku to win as a stream game but you don't get to vote on Pokemon Snap afterward! lol

Rayman is certainly the most "streamable" but man, I have no interest in them streaming that.

Luckily everybody is different, otherwise the world would be a boring place ;)
I do agree that I am not completely sure if a 2 hour Pokemon Snap stream will work either, but at least I can listen to the stream with Pokemon Snap while I won't be able to with the Miku game as I really can't stand the music (I also don't have a problem with people who love it, but it is just not my thing).

The pokemon game is more out of nostalgia and because it is a really good game (which possibly is a bit dated) and more people should know about it imo.

Axass

Blood is there a reason why you never uploaded Damiani's Ratchet & Clank and Mario 64 streams from the "12 Days of Damianicus" thing on Youtube?

Karu

Just noticed:

The next Earthbound stream by Blood will also be an "official" opportunity to ask him questions regarding the Switch! (Obviously, chat interaction and all, but I thought I mention it since they specifically titled it as such on the website :D)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw Damiani is going to review Tales of Berseria EZA on fire.
Did actually expect this being one of the games getting lost on the wayside when it comes to reviews.

And if Damiani happens to read this I would love to know if he kept up with the series or if this is his first Tales in a while.
I have this Tales guy who's pretty obsessive on the series despite being a huge critic of it, my views have generally aligned with whatever he described still always interesting to see where people see a game in the context such a long series. Especially something like Tales which has a very sturdy core but does try to mix in up in certain ways.

Ian did the editing and did a great job mixing in the right amount of footage
Just to echo the praise. Really liked that part for example where the footage synced perfectly what Blood was talking about when they were talking about the Gunslinger game.

Budi

Just saw Damiani is going to review Tales of Berseria EZA on fire.
Did actually expect this being one of the games getting lost on the wayside when it comes to reviews.

I'm bit worried for Torment, since there's already Horizon, Nioh and For Honor that are certainly getting reviewed from that month. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lego Worlds review from Brandon too. I assume Torment won't be very short either, so I really hope one of them has the time to review it. It's a game that definitely deserves their time. And there's Zelda coming quickly after, so they will be busy!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm bit worried for Torment, since there's already Horizon, Nioh and For Honor that are certainly getting reviewed from that month. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lego Worlds review from Brandon too. I assume Torment won't be very short either, so I really hope one of them has the time to review it. It's a game that definitely deserves their time. And there's Zelda coming quickly after, so they will be busy!

If EZA manages to review Torment that's going to be quite something not that I have any basis for it given I went blackout throughout the campaign but I definitely think it's going to be a 50+ hour game judging by instinct and looking at Pillars.
I mean I won't even manage to play it despite being a backer given with Nioh approaching, still having a Zero no Kiseki plat to finish up and Ao waiting :-x, Nier approaching and all the games you mention.

Oh yeah have we ever talked in this thread about how 2017 is just goddamn bonkers.
I was like, oh I'm so glad I got Persona 5 out of the way, last year.... well that helped like only a little and that was a 100+ hour game haha.
I will say if there are ever calmer months in 2017 my vote for a catchup review would definitely be Torment.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
12am - 2am on Twitch
Ben Moore
The pleasant surprise. Also noticed a bunch of people tweeting at Ben picking the game up after the stream(surprisingly xD given how little progress we made and how super anime the start really is). But I guess Ben knows them words, articulate and stuff! :-x
Srsly seeing more people getting into Trails is like the next best thing to seeing EZA's patron numbers grow.

Karu

I realized only yesterday that Torment is a Dyy release in consoles also. I wont buy it (probably) but that is really need to know for future sales. What little I played of Planescape was utterly impressive.

Axass

Hasney

Wut? Guess we know why I wasn't seeing it. Didn't appear in the channel at all for me until you linked it. Do you happen to know what's that about? I mean, aren't "let's play" fair use and all that.

Anyone can claim anything on YouTube and they usually accept it. You have to fight kt and the onus is on the content creator.

Wut? Guess we know why I wasn't seeing it. Didn't appear in the channel at all for me until you linked it. Do you happen to know what's that about? I mean, aren't "let's play" fair use and all that.

It's because it has scenes from the movie. Copyright policies can vary in different countries and seems like it's only blocked in Italy. The VOD is on Twitch though if you can watch there.

I'm listening to FrameTrap Episode 19 and Kyle talks about how he wants a Mario game in NYC. Donkey Kong was his pic for the villain, but still. It made me smile quite a bit.

Mista Koo

So I've just listened to the last podcast and I have a controversial thought. I was very angry at Kyle for hating on 3D World. But now that I know he doesn't like Galaxy 2 I respect him (and almost accept his opinion about 3D World).
I didn't finish it either but yeah, it's a fantastic expansion pack.

Also Huber being relatively new Twitter explains why he would follow me after I tweeted at him once. My negative bio alone is the anti-thesis of Huber.

Yep. I've been wanting them to play real Monopoly for the longest time.
Nah, they should limit it to good games.

Wiggy

its nintendo times like this where i miss Final Bosman more than ever, and speaking of Bosman this bird is baked is my new favourite saying

also blood we need a banana emote

Hasney

At least Miku requires skills ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haven't watched the Monopoly part. As a modern board gaming fan I have a snobby aversion to anything Monopoly.

They rename the whole board. It's great.

Now Fortune Street... There's a game that should be played.

arkon

I liked the setup of the latest Q&A (production quality issues aside). Every thing flows better when they're together in the same room. I don't know how feasible it is to have them all gather and do Q&As together like that in the future but that would be my ideal setup going forward.

I'm certainly very skeptical on the Switch, but seeing Bloodworth's honest excitement still felt inspiring in a way. I wasn't at all turned off by how he expressed his positive reception on it and it was informative. Thanks for the report.

The Switch definitely has neat tech... the only problem I see is no one using it except Nintendo and they'll just do two to three games that utilize it well.

Karu

Huber said because of RP and time management reasons he stopped going through people's apartments in Mankind Divided. I am currently plazying it and man...

Going through people's apartment and just looting stuff, hacking terminals and laptops, reading through PDAs and whatnot is the meat of the game. Im going through some side missions, barely touched the main story. I dread every combat encounter that has more than a few men, cameras and whatnot, I just wanna chill, walk through Praque and make baaaaaaank.

Yeah, I like it.

MrMette

Is the Miku hate because of the character? Because the game is legitimately very good.

I don't mind the character perse (although it is not really my thing either), but the reason I don't want to see the game/stream is because of the last VR Miku game and I really can't stand the music.

I am not saying it is a bad game or people shouldn't like it. I was seriously interested in the VR game as I didn't know anything about Hatsune Miku or the music (except that my sister (who LOVES anime) said she really didn't like it) and just wanted to see what all the fuzz was about, but I was very close to turn off the stream back then and that was only played for a few minutes.

I just don't see me going through 2 hours of that. I also saw 10 minutes or so on youtube of the penny arcade guys playing this and I had to turn it off as well. It just feels like a big time waster to me.

That said, I am glad there is a voting system as a lot of people clearly want this to happen (although I don't understand how Miku can be this popular).

I will probably not be able to watch the stream and skip to see if there are presents or not and afterwards just stop watching. If Miku gets the vote, I am glad for the people who voted for Miku get what they want (and I hope EZA has fun playing it). There is not much you can do wrong with having a vote for something. The majority always wins.

Roubjon

I don't mind the character perse (although it is not really my thing either), but the reason I don't want to see the game/stream is because of the last VR Miku game and I really can't stand the music.

I am not saying it is a bad game or people shouldn't like it. I was seriously interested in the VR game as I didn't know anything about Hatsune Miku or the music (except that my sister (who LOVES anime) said she really didn't like it) and just wanted to see what all the fuzz was about, but I was very close to turn off the stream back then and that was only played for a few minutes.

I just don't see me going through 2 hours of that. I also saw 10 minutes or so on youtube of the penny arcade guys playing this and I had to turn it off as well. It just feels like a big time waster to me.

That said, I am glad there is a voting system as a lot of people clearly want this to happen (although I don't understand how Miku can be this popular).

I will probably not be able to watch the stream and skip to see if there are presents or not and afterwards just stop watching. If Miku gets the vote, I am glad for the people who voted for Miku get what they want (and I hope EZA has fun playing it). There is not much you can do wrong with having a vote for something. The majority always wins.

I hear ya. It's anime as hell and the music is super niche. I'm also not sure how 2 hours of it will go, haha. Rhythm games are one of my favorite genres, but it's also a genre that doesn't get talked about much by any of them, so it'll be fun to see them stream it regardless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom