• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

Well that was a bad stream. The only good thing was Damiani's VOs. He better choose good games next week!
Fun fact: I (mainly) became a patron for these votes.

Why did they stop doing multiple game streams? Was that after they introduced voting?

The least popular game (Moto Racer 4) at least had local multiplayer. Sure, some of the games aren't winners - but the community seems to like choosing games with the aim of making the Allies rage.
They mainly played Crash Team Racing and Riptide GP: Renegade as single player games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think in this time it was just a case of "I have nostalgia for Power Rangers, and the Allies probably do too." I was actually pretty shocked how close Firefighters came to winning.
It worked surprisingly well for Pokemon Snap, but that was nostalgia for the game rather than the franchise.

Finally upped my pledge and sent in a podcast live&respect :)

Would be awesome if it gets read but I more just hope they all read it since it meant a lot to me

Best group ever

Wiggy

Great Tabletop this week! And looks like someone else picked up a patron tabletop spot, the eza pod plug must have worked. Made me realise though that Ben never plugs it on the actual show- seems like that would be the perfect place.

Hey we don't get to pick what's voted on. That's on Kyle and he had 3 really uninteresting games. I wished he'd go for classics instead of forcing it to mostly new games

I agree that that bad stream was all on Kyle but the community still picked the worst game of the bunch because it wasn't just bad, it was boring.

I don't know why they can't just vote out a bad game after 30 minutes or so and play a fun backup game instead, like Overcooked, Nidhogg or Quiplash. Why keep going with a bad stream if you can avoid it?

Mista Koo

I don't know why they can't just vote out a bad game after 30 minutes or so and play a fun backup game instead, like Overcooked, Nidhogg or Quiplash. Why keep going with a bad stream if you can avoid it?
I think it's the feeling of obligation to the patrons who voted for that game. But I do agree.
Maybe keep the other two games from the vote nearby just in case?

I agree that that bad stream was all on Kyle but the community still picked the worst game of the bunch because it wasn't just bad, it was boring.

Yup. I'm in favor of the vote out option.

dickroach

ah! just saw the Blood playing Kung Fu stream on my youtube feed. forgot that was happening. sweet

Kung Fu's one of the very, very few NES games I had when I was a kid. played it for hours and hours and hours.
never beat it

It's funny how Necator knowing a dragonborn named Chuck now makes perfect sense since he was once a member of the thieves guild in a city where such a friendship wouldn't be taboo. I wonder if his last big hesit where Chuck died was the reason he lost his Blue rank or was it something more nefarious.

Damn, everybody but EZA got a review copy for RE7 before the release. That's some BS, Capcom.

RE7 is being ported to the Satellaview!?

Roubjon

Thank god for EasyAllies because I need something light-hearted and funny after all of this fucking disgusting and awful Trump news. Couldn't be happier to be a Patron right now.

I went back and am rematching the EZA Intramural Mario Kart Tourney.

God damn this is quality entertainment. I am actually yelling uncontrollably at the screen. The sports match-like commentary, the laughs, the tears... It's a classic.

Also, Damiani is so sneaky with his Mario Kart shenanigans.

Kyle mentioned it last Friday during his Tetris stream about possibly a Huber & Kyle RE7 full playthrough stream. And tonight huber popped in a bit during Brads stream and confirmed it's happening. No details of exactly when they'll do it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Man, if you're the kind of person that is going to bitch and moan that someone else got to play a game early because they live next to one of these street breaking stores when you don't, and even go so far as to want publishers to prevent it, ef off and stop being a selfish jerk.

Glad to hear Damiani go ham on the discussion.

Edit: wow that sure is one weeby email about the note dub. "This language I can't understand is far superior to the one I can" lol

sora87

Kyle mentioned it last Friday during his Tetris stream about possibly a Huber & Kyle RE7 full playthrough stream. And tonight huber popped in a bit during Brads stream and confirmed it's happening. No details of exactly when they'll do it.

Yessss! This is what I want more of in 2017

I went back and am rematching the EZA Intramural Mario Kart Tourney.

God damn this is quality entertainment. I am actually yelling uncontrollably at the screen. The sports match-like commentary, the laughs, the tears... It's a classic.

Also, Damiani is so sneaky with his Mario Kart shenanigans.
I think Mario Kart, and now Pokemon Snap are the best group streams they've ever done. Nintendo games really work for them.

Prompto

Banned
Huber is saying on twitter he's streaming RE7 on Saturday so maybe then?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp04chA_DFE
Nioh is going to be insane.

Video is someone reviewing all the mechanics and going over what you can do, he also did a lvl 1 tachibana duel almost no dmg taken fight so the guy does know what he's doing. It starts basic but goes into more advanced staff later on.

I also actually learned a few things I didn't know were possible before like canceling and the flux Ki thing.
----------------------
On the Zelda JP Voice thing. It's so weird. I'm kind of personally ok with the situation cause I can theoretically just change the system language and I'll be fine and I'm also at a point where reading and hearing something that I understand in different languages can be grating because of the dissonance it creates, I noticed this when I played Yakuza 5 where I would just kind of ignore text sections that were voiced.

That said it seems quite odd to not just support it. Like I cannot come up with any technical reason why this shouldn't be an option, it should be incredibly easy to implement really.

Is this some kind of weird licensing loophole maybe? Although for a hugely succesful franchise like Zelda that isn't a great excuse either.

Edit: lol brad with the evil amiibo idea.

I wonder if a portion of the stream will be in VR. Seems like Huber got over the motion sickness and ended up really liking it, going off his Twitter.

Lol that Eric dude who posed that question is so entitled. The amount of people that get the game early is so minuscule. And wanting it to stop is so obnoxious as well — publishers are not hurt and when you know a game is releasing it's not difficult to avoid spoilers tbh.

I managed when FFXV was released early (I also managed to get the game early tho).

Hasney

lol that street date question. Good job he never grew up in the UK. You just buy from a mail order retailer and get it early.

Liked it for the Damiani rant it spurred though.

Daggoth

Just finished RE7 in VR - I really hope for Huber's sake, he was able to do the whole thing in VR.

It's a hugely different experience from playing outside - to the point where I wonder if the reviews should be separated.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished RE7 in VR - I really hope for Huber's sake, he was able to do the whole thing in VR.

It's a hugely different experience from playing outside - to the point where I wonder if the reviews should be separated.

I think he tweeted about finishing the game in VR already not sure if it was his first experience though also RE full playthrough stream Saturday/Sunday(at least where I live) confirmed with Kyle and Huber.

I'm seriously jonesing for some more Brandon Sun Kyle Moon.
Hoping they recorded an episode after the group stream like usual and it's about to drop any minute now ... any minute ... XD

TTE:
Wow, I think we might be in for a wild ride in this new city! Ben's rp-ing of npc's just keeps getting better, really good on these last two episodes. *thumbs up*

Huber is saying on twitter he's streaming RE7 on Saturday so maybe then?
Yup it starts this Saturday @ 4:00pm PST

The word of mouth for RE7 got to me. Scary games really get to me badly, but I bought it and I have VR. And I'm going to jump in and try it with VR! Watching Maximilian's RE7 VR stream and seeing him coming away loving it and saying it's the way to play and also Huber's tweets helped confirm it. Gotta finish up GR2 and finish RE7 before Nioh comes out

I think he tweeted about finishing the game in VR already not sure if it was his first experience though also RE full playthrough stream Saturday/Sunday(at least where I live) confirmed with Kyle and Huber.

Yup
Huber said:
Just want to thank @KyleBosman for his PSVR. After the initial motion sickness my Resident Evil 7 memories will now last a lifetime.

wapplew

Yup it starts this Saturday @ 4:00pm PST

The word of mouth for RE7 got to me. Scary games really get to me badly, but I bought it and I have VR. And I'm going to jump in and try it with VR! Watching Maximilian's RE7 VR stream and seeing him coming away loving it and saying it's the way to play and also Huber's tweets helped confirm it. Gotta finish up GR2 and finish RE7 before Nioh comes out

Yup

I guess I can't watch it live to avoid spoiler. Currently progress in snail pace because most of the time wasted to change pants.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
RE7 looks far too scary to play so i'm happy watching a full playthrough haha

That's me as well. Not a horror guy. All my horror exposure is tied to friends that are all over the world currently. :-x That said I love games so I'm at least interested on that level so I guess a stream in this case is a nice way to see what the game is about.

jonno394

Gotta say, I'm so glad I dived in to TTE a couple of weeks back with the catch up episode. It's so much fun to listen too, and the roleplaying is great, especially from Bosman, Yogalla is a fantastic character! Big credit to Ben as well, his NPCs are great to encounter, and his world building is top notch.

Just watched the most recent episode
Yogala trying to become a wizard entertainer should be a great laugh!

I think Mario Kart, and now Pokemon Snap are the best group streams they've ever done. Nintendo games really work for them.

Actually, I couldn't agree more. The jolly nature of Nintendo games especially the old ones, seems to fit really well for the group streams. The Snap one was phenomenal as well. Found myself really getting into that one too. Hope they consider more Nintendo games in the future. It seems like all the Allies get really into them. It's very contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom