• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to see Ben and Huber getting political in the best way on Twitter. Shows that L&R isn't just an act.

RE7 stream is a cozy way to deal too.

Karu

This is the best way to experience REVII while not wanting to buy or play it yourself.

*Huber takes VR-headset off*
*writes down*
"Discuss being burned alive in VR!"

Good stuff

ShadyK54

Hey allies, do any of you have any idea how long they're keeping the RE7 stream going? Are they going until they beat it? I wanted to tune in but I think I'm going to wait until I can start from the beginning.

sora87

Hey allies, do any of you have any idea how long they're keeping the RE7 stream going? Are they going until they beat it? I wanted to tune in but I think I'm going to wait until I can start from the beginning.

The vid will be in the past broadcasts from the start, then you can just refresh when you catch up

Alright, sweet. Thanks!
It will also be put on YouTube on their easyalliesplays channel in a day or so

Had to leave as they got to the part I'm at in the game. Great stream. Will watch the rest tomorrow after I beat it. Had the classic GT full playthrough vibes. Good turnout of viewers too.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
My number one cherry on top hope for Nioh is for stats being interesting enough to allow for different item optimization. Would be a shame if everyone just going to run with mostly -Ki usage, parry etc.

But to be honest not too worried even if that part isn't as great as it could be, what I played in the demos was more than great. If the game is just more of that I would probably still be fine with that. I have 0 expectations for the story :-x

---------------

Lol Kill Your Babies with Ben is pretty entertaining. Every kill hurts. Next time we need to have someone going all Joker over the list and make brutal kills from the very start with the goal of something like Pong surviving.

Mista Koo

It just sucks like, most people can just stay off Twitter or the internet if online assholes are getting them down but guys like Huber who make their living by having an internet presence are forced to be out there and have this bullshit fill their mentions.
I've seen a few allies follow people back, I assume it might be so that they can limit their mentions to ones from the people they follow. Once they get verified they will also have more robust options.

Philippo

I love how Ben goes from crazy cat lady to wanting to start the chain of spite in a few rounds lol

Also, how's the other game called? I want to try it too.

Mista Koo

I like Kyle's insistence at the start on how you don't change history (e.g. by removing direct inspirations) and Ian arguing with him because Kyle was trying to rationalize it. But then Kyle forgets about it and whenever a game is removed he goes "oh that genre is gone now." Ironically he disses Alexey Pajitnov's other game Hexic when Tetris is removed. Ben is a good third seat because he loves all games.

But yeah the result is pretty boring. They used their shields way too early when I expected them to game the system. Also I'm pretty sure they killed Mario as an attempt to not make it too boring The one where Kyle and Ian just went for each other's babies and ended up with Minecraft would've been more like a game.

I should convince my friends to play Heads Up. We tried video game charades a few years back and it was pretty fun when we are not pointing at someone because that's their favorite game. Apparently air guitar, punching, and kicking isn't clearly Guilty Gear!

Also, how's the other game called? I want to try it too.
Heads Up.

Auctopus

It's funny in Easy Update the rules keep changing and each player is playing to different rules. It felt so unbalanced, especially with the spiteful chopping mid-way, haha.

Ian felt the purest with "Do I care about this game more than the others? " approach. But Kyle was thinking the wider impact and ramifications of that franchise and what it represents despite previously saying that it's absence has no effect on other games. It's kill YOUR babies but I felt Kyle and Ben felt too guilty killing off franchises that they don't personally have investment in but might have large canvases, hahah.

Budi

Damn, I went into For Honor pledging allegiance to Samurai faction but ended up playing mostly on Vikings. Should have listened to Huber!

Budi

How did sims last so long is the bigger question would have easily been 1 of my first cuts.

Souls survived too long.

Sims is very unique and pretty fun too. And I don't know how the current playerbase is, but it started huge. Need to check this Easy Update myself too.

Edit: Just started, damn this song is definitely one of my favorites from Easy Update openings. Funky stuff.

Oooh, Sim City was together with Sims. Now I think it was cut too early.

If I was in Ian's position the best play is to keep your shield until it's just Metal Gear and Souls with Bosman picking, shield Souls and then kill Metal Gear with your next pick making Souls the winner.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
By the way: (1) they should make Kill Your Babies a regular thing and (2) Ian needs to add that metal riff that he used in the first video whenever a game got killed. That riff made every death even better.

Auctopus

In relation to Ian killing
The Last of Us
, he's been my arch enemy since PSX when I first heard of his dislike for it.

I'm pretty sure he feeds off people having a problem with it because he mentions it whenever it comes up. Elyse and Ian discussed why they didn't like it in a GT video a while ago and I remember them being pretty fair.

If I was in Ian's position the best play is to keep your shield until it's just Metal Gear and Souls with Bosman picking, shield Souls and then kill Metal Gear with your next pick making Souls the winner.

That's not how it would have played out though, cause the shield basically makes the attempted killer skip a turn. If he hadn't used it till the very end, it would've been down to Ben to pick between Metal Gear and Souls.

That's not how it would have played out though, cause the shield basically makes the attempted killer skip a turn. If he hadn't used it till the very end, it would've been down to Ben to pick between Metal Gear and Souls.

If he used it to save Souls when Bosman tried to kill it wouldn't it be Ian's turn after because he's after Bosman in the turn order? Leaving him to pick between Metal Gear and Souls.

Watched the RE7 stream as far as I'm up to playing through the game myself. Such jolly vibes. Takes me back to the good old days of Full Playthrough Friday at GT.

Kyle being terrified and hiding in his hoodie will never not be hilarious to me.

Kneefoil

I'm sorta hoping they'll do more Street Fighter V streams at some point. I finally got a GPU that can handle SFV without resetting the PC at random intervals. The streams would have a whole new dimension for me now that I can play the game at the same time.

If he used it to save Souls when Bosman tried to kill it wouldn't it be Ian's turn after because he's after Bosman in the turn order? Leaving him to pick between Metal Gear and Souls.

But because Ian's shield would not have been used yet, there would've been only 3 games left when it was his turn, not four. He kills either Metal Gear or Mario, assuming the final 3 would've been the same, and Ben tries to kill Souls or the other remaining game. If it's Souls, Ian shields and Kyle gets to choose the winner from the last two games.

Personally I thought about killing off Souls or Dragon Quest out of spite after Ben killed Sonic. I know there were games on the list he prefers over those, like Persona, but the other games that I know he loves are too close to my own heart for me to be able to do that. I've never played a Souls game, so I have no emotional connection to it, and the one DQ game I've played (DQIX) I didn't really care for.

I really would like them to do 1 full play through a month with 2 or more allies.

I think the RE7 stream also had one of the highest viewer counts, outside of the conference streams. So its definitely something people want.

But because Ian's shield would not have been used yet, there would've been only 3 games left when it was his turn, not four. He kills either Metal Gear or Mario, assuming the final 3 would've been the same, and Ben tries to kill Souls or the other remaining game. If it's Souls, Ian shields and Kyle gets to choose the winner from the last two games.

Personally I thought about killing off Souls or Dragon Quest out of spite after Ben killed Sonic. I know there were games on the list he prefers over those, like Persona, but the other games that I know he loves are too close to my own heart for me to be able to do that. I've never played a Souls game, so I have no emotional connection to it, and the one DQ game I've played (DQIX) I didn't really care for.

Oh right because if Ian never used his shield in the first place the whole thing would have been different. Still though I thought Ian would save his shield for the inevitable Bosman Souls kill. I don't think Ben would have ever killed Souls.

Yeah, Ian had already used his shield on Castlevania earlier in the game. So if he hadn't done that then they'd be one turn behind where they were. Bosman was always going to have the last pick, so long as they used all three shields any way.

If I were playing that game, I think I would've gone full troll, deliberately trying to make the others use their shields so I can kill the ones they actually want to win. Though it would've gone to shit the minute Ian revealed himself as the monster he is and tried to kill Team Ico.

There's no stream for it (that they've announced). Maybe a follow-up about what's announced.

Cool, thanks. Square Enix are cutting things fairly close but I'm still sure we'll get a livestream. If Koei Tecmo can host a super low budget live stream to basically just announce Dynasty Warriors 9, surely Square Enix can't fuck this up?

ShadyK54

I'm pretty sure he feeds off people having a problem with it because he mentions it whenever it comes up. Elyse and Ian discussed why they didn't like it in a GT video a while ago and I remember them being pretty fair.

Interesting. Might seek that video out. Which video it is?

I'm sorta hoping they'll do more Street Fighter V streams at some point. I finally got a GPU that can handle SFV without resetting the PC at random intervals. The streams would have a whole new dimension for me now that I can play the game at the same time.

The spite. Unavoidable I suppose. I do love Sonic. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom