• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait Ben killed Sonic? After everything he's given us??

8e2927fef899edc5111f93d8cf5f488462901959_hq.gif

*a single tear is shed, as it hits the ground it makes the sound of a ring being collected*

sora87

I really would like them to do 1 full play through a month with 2 or more allies.

I think the RE7 stream also had one of the highest viewer counts, outside of the conference streams. So its definitely something people want.

For sure, and it was very much like the old days. Jones floating around then going to finish a video, Brad dropping in an hour in or so, pizza tracker, great banter. So good.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
For sure, and it was very much like the old days. Jones floating around then going to finish a video, Brad dropping in an hour in or so, pizza tracker, great banter. So good.

Yeah the RE7 had amazing vibes. Such a cool game to hang out on stream with too. Normally I enjoy reading twitch chat and participating there EZA still has one of the better twitch chats by virtue of not having grown ridiculously large yet on average. You can still have conversations there. But during the RE7 stream I was kind of really into the whole thing that I kind of forgot about it.

CyReN

Loved the playthrough stream of Resident Evil 7 too. Caught the later half but had a blast. Wouldn't mind seeing a monthly / bi-monthly full game stream. Could be a new tier too.

Loved the playthrough stream of Resident Evil 7 too. Caught the later half but had a blast. Wouldn't mind seeing a monthly / bi-monthly full game stream. Could be a new tier too.
It would be a 40k stretch goal that could move some units. The huber & Kyle full playthrough game of the month, patreons vote from a selection of 3 games

Karu

Dunno if there any fans of his left here, but according to Pachter on Twitter, Marcus Beer aka GameTrailers' AnnoyedGamer had a cardiac arrest (survived it) and is currently in the hospital. Thought that was worth a mention. Hope he gets better.

Before RE7 happened I would have said Huber had no chance on that RE bet but now I have no idea what they will do with REmake 2.

I can see it going 3 ways.

A) Pretty much RE7 with RE2 skin, first person and all. Possibly easiest/fastest to make if the RE7 team is behind most of the work and they keep the gameplay very similar since the new RE engine is already tested for that stuff. Also the very good critical reception for RE7 kinda pushes for this.

B) Original REmake style like Huber hopes. No way it will be prerendered backgrounds but after RE7 I could see them going fixed camera angles in 3D enviroments like they did with Code Veronica.

C) OTS 3rd person like RE4 ect. Before RE7 I thought it would 100% be like this but now, who knows. I still think this is the most likely outcome. Modern while diffrenciating from RE7 a bit.

Dunno if there any fans of his left, but according to Pachter on Twitter, Marcus Beer aka GameTrailers' AnnoyedGamer had a cardiac arrest (survived it) and is currently in the hospital. Thought that was worth a mention. Hope he gets better.

Woah, I didn't like his show but that's messed up. Wish him all the best.

Before RE7 happened I would have said Huber had no chance on that RE bet but now I have no idea what they will do with REmake 2.

I can see it going 3 ways.

A) Pretty much RE7 with RE2 skin, first person and all. Possibly easiest/fastest to make if the RE7 team is behind most of the work and they keep the gameplay very similar since the new RE engine is already tested for that stuff. Also the very good critical reception for RE7 kinda pushes for this.

B) Original REmake style like Huber hopes. No way it will be prerendered backgrounds but after RE7 I could see them going fixed camera angles in 3D enviroments like they did with Code Veronica.

C) OTS 3rd person like RE4 ect. Before RE7 I thought it would 100% be like this but now, who knows. I still think this is the most likely outcome. Modern while diffrenciating from RE7 a bit.

The success of the REmake remaster was the main reason why they greenlit RE2make, so I don't think there's any chance of it being first person or over-the-shoulder. They'd be completely out of touch if they did.

They'll probably go with 3D environments but I wouldn't rule out pre-rendered backgrounds if they were done in the same way as REmake and RE Zero (where they created 3D models of the environments, took screenshots of it to serve as backgrounds and then edited in a lot more detail to each one).

Kneefoil

I'm really hoping they'll stick with pre-rendered backgrounds, but I can see them going full 3D now that we've come so far with technology.

Dunno if there any fans of his left, but according to Pachter on Twitter, Marcus Beer aka GameTrailers' AnnoyedGamer had a cardiac arrest (survived it) and is currently in the hospital. Thought that was worth a mention. Hope he gets better.

Damn. That sucks.

I'm imagining it's basically REmake on PS4 but for RE2 instead. Seems to make the most sense as most people were pretty happy with how that turned out.

Auctopus

Thanks for the heads up. Hope he's okay and feels better soon. I think he was the first guy Kyle worked for at GT.

Kneefoil

Group stream games look alright to me this week. I'd be most worried about DD4, since it didn't look that good to me, and beat 'em ups get boring pretty quick, unless they are really good. Power Rangers last week was a good example of this.

Sonic & Mario would probably be fun to watch due to the competitive nature of the game.

Digimon is a game that I'm actually interested in, and the Cyber Sleuth stream they did at GT was great, although it was just a few of them on the couch, not the whole crew. Unsure how well Digimon is suited for full a group stream, but I gave it a vote just out of personal interest in the game.

I love how Ben goes from crazy cat lady to wanting to start the chain of spite in a few rounds lol
I do not blame him. After that Dragon Quest and Persona snipe, I see there's only way to deal with Bosman. Figure out what his personal favourite is, wait for it to get cut by someone else, and then use your shield on it to save it. Then when your next turn comes around, look him straight into the eyes and cut it yourself. Show that you want that blood on your own hands.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I do not blame him. After that Dragon Quest and Persona snipe, I see there's only way to deal with Bosman. Figure out what his personal favourite is, wait for it to get cut by someone else, and then use your shield on it to save it. Then when your next turn comes around, look him straight into the eyes and cut it yourself. Show that you want that blood on your own hands.

Lol, Benzilla levels of savage.

Axass

Sonic & Mario would actually be a fun stream game, like Mario Kart and Pokémon Snap. Double Dragon seems pretty underwhelming, not sure why people are voting for Digimon though, feels like they're doing it just because Kyle likes it; could be a solid Fun Game Monday stream, however it won't work as a group stream game IMO.

Ashtar

Dunno if there any fans of his left here, but according to Pachter on Twitter, Marcus Beer aka GameTrailers' AnnoyedGamer had a cardiac arrest (survived it) and is currently in the hospital. Thought that was worth a mention. Hope he gets better.
Oh geez, I'm glad he's okay he's a relatively young guy....

Watching kill your babies my first easy update since like story time with Don this is really good, might have to check out some other episodes

Wiggy

Yeah I agree that would be awesome, but would it be as popular with other games? Or was it the whole brand new resident evil/huber and scary game/Kyle factor that pushed this to such bigger then usual numbers? I'm not sure. Like what potentially could next months full play through be?

MrMette

Damn, that sucks. I did like his show and I liked him in their podcast back then as well. I hope he gets well soon.

wiibomb

this Kill Your Babies video gotta be one of the best videos of Easy Allies and the second best video Ian has made (my favorite is still Ian's visit to hell)

this is the best spite strat I have ever seen... and I played Mario Party.

I still can't believe they killed
Mario
so early.
The amount of games is ridicilous since they included all the side games.
That alone should make it the obvious choise to save.

Cool, thanks. Square Enix are cutting things fairly close but I'm still sure we'll get a livestream. If Koei Tecmo can host a super low budget live stream to basically just announce Dynasty Warriors 9, surely Square Enix can't fuck this up?

Welp, sounds like there isn't going to be a stream and this "event" is just a dumb fan gathering. That's really disappointing.

CyReN

Yeah I agree that would be awesome, but would it be as popular with other games? Or was it the whole brand new resident evil/huber and scary game/Kyle factor that pushed this to such bigger then usual numbers? I'm not sure. Like what potentially could next months full play through be?

I don't think it was just Resident Evil but the whole "speedrun stream" in a group that did it for me. I'm not sure what titles these guys would want to play but some recent and upcoming titles off the top of my head that may work:

• Resident Evil 7 DLC
  • Titanfall 2
  • Hitman
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (depends on length)
  • Prey (depends on length)

sora87

I don't think it was just Resident Evil but the whole "speedrun stream" in a group that did it for me. I'm not sure what titles these guys would want to play but some recent and upcoming titles off the top of my head that may work:

• Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (depends on length)

They're gonna be like, 30+ hour games lol

wiibomb

so, apparently Brandon went to the Horizon preview event... may be we will hear soon of the video.

I just heard about it from the Kinda Funny video they just put up about it.

so, apparently Brandon went to the Horizon preview event... may be we will hear soon of the video.

Yeah Blood said this during Huber's for Honor stream when i asked if any allies went to the Horizon event.

ShadyK54

Sweet, can't wait to hear his impressions of it. Still not completely sold on getting it Day 1 yet.

Kill Your Babies is so good

Like in all honesty I saw they were doing it again and thought "....again?" but it's still super entertaining. It's like a bite-sized Giant Bomb Best Of The Year discussion with way more spite

wiibomb

Speaking of Jones and -views...is that Pokemon review still happening?

until he finishes the game, right now they are doing Brandon Sun, Kyle Moon along their playthroughs (it has being kind of inconsistent, so I suppose it is because they haven't got to play much)

Even with the REmaster(a budget release) REmake has sold 1/4th-ish of 4,5,6 style.

It will be 3.5 or 7 style imo.

It's easy to compare REmake to RE4 and say that when when one of those games has received a hundred ports, while the other was only recently remastered but if we just compare their initial releases (REmake 1.35m, RE4 1.6m), they're not that far apart.

And I don't really see the point of bringing up RE5 or 6 sales when not even RE7 was expected to sell anywhere near those.

But regardless, a few points:
1. REmake, a "budget release" of a 13 year old game, broke the day one digital sales record for PSN and Capcom when it came out, while RE Zero HD is the only other current gen RE remaster to sell over a million units.
2. The people clambering for RE2make are RE2 fans hoping for the REmake treatment, NOT the action packed or first person fans. You see this in every single thread about the game on GAF and other gaming communities. Hirabayashi would be completely out of touch to not notice this.
3. The RE2make announcement was pretty clearly a response to the success of the REmake remaster.

I think it makes a lot of sense to cater to their original fans with these remakes, while they move forward with the mainline RE's as first person survival horror games and Revelations as its over-the-shoulder RE spinoff series.

until he finishes the game, right now they are doing Brandon Sun, Kyle Moon along their playthroughs (it has being kind of inconsistent, so I suppose it is because they haven't got to play much)

Didn't Kyle complain about Brandon progressing through it too quickly on the stream last week? The amount of time and effort that goes into shooting and editing each episode is probably the main reason why its release schedule is a bit inconsistent. And that's fair enough IMO.

Mista Koo

Kill Your Babies is so good

Like in all honesty I saw they were doing it again and thought "....again?" but it's still super entertaining. It's like a bite-sized Giant Bomb Best Of The Year discussion with way more spite
Now that would've been more interesting, especially knowing that Ian would kill the allies top 3 (TLG, FFXV, and Uncharted 4).

But honestly I don't think I want to see it again unless it's much more gamified.

Just keep adding mechanics to Kill Your Babies

What I think would be interesting for shields is if you shield someone, that person is unable to eliminate the title for the rest of the game. So someone else has to do it.

That way you can't have someone shielded but just wait for the next turn

Everyone respected the shield this time around but it could make things more interesting

Auctopus

I'd love to see Kill your Babies as an every other month thing with different line-ups.

I really don't think it has much left in it. The mechanics would be more interesting if they went by genre now. It would help players play by the same rules which in this latest one, they really didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom