• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

They are like old-schooled gamers who embrace the new breakout series but always have a soft spot for the old ones too. In short, it's like GAF personified.

If we're really going to generalise a diverse group like GAF then I'd say they're pretty much the opposite. Whereas GAF propagates this cynical mentality of lazy developers, copy + paste game development and publishers who are out to gouge every gamer, EZA/GT have always been largely optimistic/positive about most games. When I say that, I mean that at least one of the Allies will support a game pre-launch. Not that the team doesn't call out BS when it's apparent. Additionally, where GAF falls in to hype trains quite easily, I feel like each Ally (except one obvious exception) has quite a good control over their hype.

They're rational without being cynical and positive without being naive.

Visceir

Finished up the recent Frame Trap.

Have you thought about adding breaks into the recording process, Ben?

I feel like it would do good to have small breaks inbetween 45+ min segments where everyone could take a breather, refill their coffee and have their "research breaks".

Doing anything for 3h+ without any breaks can be quite exhausting, I imagine -- would also give you an opportunity to get some feedback from the other podcast members or give them a heads up for the next segment.

Hasney

Finished up the recent Frame Trap.

Have you thought about adding breaks into the recording process, Ben?

I feel like it would do good to have small breaks inbetween 45+ min segments where everyone could take a breather, refill their coffee and have their "research breaks".

Doing anything for 3h+ without any breaks can be quite exhausting, I imagine -- would also give you an opportunity to get some feedback from the other podcast members or give them a heads up for the next segment.

Can also insert a pre-recorded talk about how great Squarespace is. Squarespace: Build it Beautiful.

Mista Koo

Additionally, where GAF falls in to hype trains quite easily, I feel like each Ally (except one obvious exception) has quite a good control over their hype.

lol no. Just look at their reaction videos. That's not how rational people who don't fall in to hype trains act.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. During the FF7 remake announcement my reactions were kinda like Elyse's in that video while my friends next to me didn't care at all. If that was meh what did you leave for COD and the sport segment?!

PepperedHam

lol no. Just look at their reaction videos. That's not how rational people who don't fall in to hype trains act.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. During the FF7 remake announcement my reactions were kinda like Elyse's in that video while my friends next to me didn't care at all. If that was meh what did you leave for COD and the sport segment?!
Excitement over an announcement and riding the hype train until it derails into a fiery pit are different I'd say.

Hype train is like drinking the Kool-aid, some people on that won't admit a game is looking sketchy. Going bananas over two announcements that in no way shape or form anyone ever expected is pretty... normal lol.

Auctopus

Getting excited for the announcement or the atmopshere of a press conference is different to riding a hype train for 9 months until release, I'd say. I'm not pretending their reactions aren't ecstatic but after their initial reaction to Resident Evil 7, I'd say they were pretty level-headed compared to a lot of people on GAF (Remember, I'm comparing to GAF) - even until the last weeks before release.

Also, I'd agree with you. Whilst I was impressed by the FF7 Remake announcement, I don't care for the game and was entertained merely by the crew's reaction. But why should mine or your reaction set the precedent for what is normal for everyone else?

Fou-Lu

My best friend and I literally had tears streaming down our cheeks when FF7 Remake was announced. Yet I still have worries about it and acknowledge that it isn't going to be the same FF7 I remember which could be both good and bad.

Those are the kind of things are hear from the Allies after they've settled down from the announcements of things too. Seems level headed to me.

Budi

Yeah agreed that excited reactions about press confrence reveals doesn't equal hype train. I think it's more excitement about how good the game could be, not that it will be. And there are franchises they love, ofcourse they get excited about them. Would be odd choice to work in games media if it wasn't a passion, imo. And I don't want that passion to be hidden.

sora87

Tales of Berseria
9pm - 11pm on Twitch
Ben Moore
Xenoblade Chronicles
11pm - 1am on Twitch
Ben Moore

Ben-kun putting in the jrpg work

I just watched your playthroughs of the Nioh demos (a second time each) back to back.

Oh man, I'm way too hyped for that game. I also clearly have way too much free time at work.

-Horizon-

Caught up on tabletop
of course they crash into the dock lol

Now watching some fiasco. This camp one lol

THE CHEMTRAILS!

*puts on tinfoil hat*

cm osi

Not the first time. I've put around 15-20 hours in before, but never finished. Radiata Stories is a good suggestion.

oh alright, then proceed with xeno. it was just a suggestion, as a jrpigist with a massive backlog replaying games is a taboo :(
(sorry if i sounded mean it was just a suggestion in case you had already finished xenoblade)

Radiata Stories is my favorite JRPG of all time. If you haven't played it yet I highly recommend it!

it's the jolliest jrpg i've ever played probably. Huber would love the town

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Guess we'll just have to get our stuff together and start paying Jones rent. ;)

This gives "full time" a whole nother layer.
----------------
Diorama hype. Nioh hype. End of exams within reach hype.
Can't wait to reach Valhalla.
Also so far EZA is and has been a pretty nice community to be a part of in times like these so good vibes to y'all.

Radiata Stories sits on my shelf, waiting to be played, waiting for the day I find my PS2 in the garage.

Small shoutout to Japan for having the infinitely superior cover:
Radiata_Stories_Japan.jpeg

Philippo

Watching the latest Fiasconauts and the acting is Oscar tier, i cant stop laughing!

Radiata Stories sits on my shelf, waiting to be played, waiting for the day I find my PS2 in the garage.

Small shoutout to Japan for having the infinitely superior cover:

Woa never saw the JP one, incredible!

sora87

I always get radiata stories and radiant historia mixed up. We got neither in eu though so only played historia because ds was region free.

Karu

If we're really going to generalise a diverse group like GAF then I'd say they're pretty much the opposite. Whereas GAF propagates this cynical mentality of lazy developers, copy + paste game development and publishers who are out to gouge every gamer, EZA/GT have always been largely optimistic/positive about most games. When I say that, I mean that at least one of the Allies will support a game pre-launch. Not that the team doesn't call out BS when it's apparent. Additionally, where GAF falls in to hype trains quite easily, I feel like each Ally (except one obvious exception) has quite a good control over their hype.

Well... the one group is nine people. The other potentially hundred of throusand of people. A little bit unfair comparison, either way lol.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Don's Diorama was srsly next level.

Edit:
Kudos to the gift sending Allies. Half of the fun watching the unpacking is because so many gifts are so creative and surprising.

WarRock

Jones brought that Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap Cardboard Filter tech and I was floored, but then Don just elevated the whole thing to another level.

Edit-
Some excellent taste damn. Vinland Saga, I Am a Hero, Punpun, Spice & Wolf, Vagabond and Dorohedoro.

A quick summary of the excellent group stream

- the dioramas shown were awesome. Blood could we get a separate video of just that for the main YouTube page to complete the betting arc?

- they spent an hour or so opening a ton of gifts

- anime podcast is going live this Sunday

- starting with next Tuesday's group stream and for the next 3 weeks, new episodes of dons discount gaming will be shown live during the stream

And finally I'm thinking their stream numbers are on the uptick. They're strong for press conferences but lately for group stream activities I'm seeing a spike. 1300ish for RE7, and 1200 tonight. Over 1000 for pokemon snap, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom