• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Those dioramas exemplified what I love about Easy Allies. So much personality and variety between each one.

Also, some of those gifts were insane. Such a generous community.

Dioramas were incredible. Gifts were ridiculous. And I laughed my ass off at Donkey Kong doing rhythmic gymnastics. Ten outta ten.

Only minor gripe - wish they'd get rid of the subscriber song for each sub. They're deservedly popular and it just seems like it brings the stream to a halt. I'd suggest doing just one at the end of the stream or just letting the names appearing on the stream be good enough.

Hasney

Eh, it's their one nod to popular Twitch things so I'll let it slide. You'd probably be surprised to see how much subs would drop without silly recognition like that.

Eh, it's their one nod to popular Twitch things so I'll let it slide. You'd probably be surprised to see how much subs would drop without silly recognition like that.
I think more to that point, a three second song is actually far less disruptive than what most other Twitch channels do.
One of the reasons I never watch anything live on Twitch. The whole culture around that is super annoying.
brotkasten
A bitter, cynical, safe moist as dude
(Today, 03:39 AM)

Philippo

Whoa, someone gifted Huber with Hajime no Ippo? WHOA, FUCK YES ITS GOING TO BE PERFECT FOR HIM, PLEASE WATCH IT HUBER, YEEEEESSSSSS.

Also, dioramas and the whole stream were 11/10, truly remind me how more creative and original they are than everyone else.

MrMette

I totally agree. I don't like it either, but I know some people do and it usually is not too bad. You can't make everybody happy and if it helps them getting more subs, I am all for it.

I have seen much worse on other Twitch channels. Video's + music over the stream when people subscribe are much more annoying imo. Even Kyle's BvW stream with the songselection is very well done compared to some other channels where people can play/choose music. On those other stream I had to quit the stream most of the time because of the bad (imo) and too loud music, but on BvW it is usually quite well done and it is not overly loud either.
All in all I don't think it isn't really a problem on the EZA streams.

The subscriber song does hurt my ears sometimes when I'm listening with headphones though.

Auctopus

I don't have a problem with the sub song, I actually miss the more intrusive sub song from the GT days.

As people have said, it could be a lot worse and the sub messages on screen are pretty much my limit. I wouldn't mind if they just waited until they were done talking sometimes and just collected the 2-3 names and said "you're subscribers now!"

Then again...

Yep, saw a user Sub then unsub after 4 minutes cause they "didn't get the song".

I totally agree. I don't like it either, but I know some people do and it usually is not too bad. You can't make everybody happy and if it helps them getting more subs, I am all for it.
I have seen much worse on other Twitch channels. Even Kyle's BvW stream with the songselection is very well done compared to some other channels where people can play/choose music. I don't think it is that much of a problem on the EZA streams.

The subscriber song does hurt my ears sometimes when I'm listening with headphones though.

I wouldn't want them to drop the song. I actually like the song, but doing it so many times is what gets on my nerves. I'm absolutely fine with that, since Twitch content isn't for me and that's okay. No everything has to please everyone.

Yo, Damiani. Game Sleuth, when.

Mista Koo

That has to do with their sound quality/control not the song per se. My ears hurt every time someone places something on the table next to the mic.

Wait, did they not have any Wii Remotes for multiplayer Mario and Sonic? That's why I voted for it!
Did they play it single player only??

Mista Koo

They played like 5 single player games, then dioramas, then an hour and 15 minutes of gift opening I think. When they started they said it would take us to the end so I turned it off.
Wow. Good thing it was Mario & Sonic, which I only voted for because it's the least bad. As for the gifts they've should've left like half of them til next week.

Speaking of gifts, anyone has a clue on how to send a long gift message through Amazon? 240 characters doesn't cut it.

Hasney

Wow. Good thing it was Mario & Sonic, which I only voted for because it's the least bad. As for the gifts they've should've left like half of them til next week.

Speaking of gifts, anyone has a clue on how to send a long gift message through Amazon? 240 characters doesn't cut it.

Add more items and more notes. Just throw in some $1 chocolate or something per note.

Mista Koo

Add more items and more notes. Just throw in some $1 chocolate or something per note.
It was awkward last time with 2 parts since they aren't stapled together or anything. If it wasn't for Blood Jones would've missed the second part.
I thought of doing a url :p

The main reason I'm asking because I saw some stuff with their own customizable text box. So I was wondering if somewhere deep in the Amazon there is a hidden A4/letter page long thing I can write on.

El-Suave

I think the subscriber is great. I always look forward hearing it :D

During gameplay or present opening I don't mind it but when it's clear that they'll export a segment to Youtube as a standalone video they should just announce that there won't be shoutouts during that time. Usually they're good about that anyway, just imagine how the song would harm some segments like the Bosman trial. Those are little works of art that deserve to be timeless.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Said it on stream but can we find more reasons throughout the year for all of them to lose group bets? :-x Songs and Dioramas are definitely up at the top on most favorite EZA things.

Rooting for Cold Blooded to take Ultima down, Brad has gotta get in on some of that creative punishment as well!

Budi

I think more to that point, a three second song is actually far less disruptive than what most other Twitch channels do.

Yeah that's true. Personally I think the streams would be better without it though, but not by much. Since it's very fast to get over with, I would complain about it if they did what they used to do in Gametrailers days. That took way too much of time. But this is a pretty quick shoutout, so I don't mind really. I guess it even brings a bit of jollyness in the stream.

Yep, saw a user Sub then unsub after 4 minutes cause they "didn't get the song".

Wow, what an asshole. I don't get it, you are supposed to sub to give support. Not for the senpai to notice you.

Wow, what an asshole. I don't get it, you are supposed to sub to give support. Not for the senpai to notice you.

That's exactly what I meant by "Twitch culture around that". Some people are simply doing it for attention and I wish it wasn't necessary at all. Although I assume the actual EZA community is better with that.

Only because they made the amateurish mistake of appropriating it, because they deemed it necessary for growth on the Twitch platform. They could have decided to break convention in that sense, it's not as if most of their viewers are not already in tune with what they do.

They don't need petty subscribers that predicate the worth of subscription on some trivial form of recognition.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Game has spiders and Ben is reviewing it. So if Ben can conquer his fear of videogame spiders we should be okay.

Might not be the case I think most people haven't had review codes for that long like maybe 3-4 days at most from what I've seen mentioned in the discussion threads?
Nioh is a meaty and somewhat complex game it might be the type of game where it takes time to full dive into all the systems properly.

I've seen 1-2 reviewers already kind of saying they're probably not going to hit embargo themselves. I regard that as positive.

Whoa, someone gifted Huber with Hajime no Ippo? WHOA, FUCK YES ITS GOING TO BE PERFECT FOR HIM, PLEASE WATCH IT HUBER, YEEEEESSSSSS.

Also, dioramas and the whole stream were 11/10, truly remind me how more creative and original they are than everyone else.

I missed that. Ippo is one hell of a series to get someone hooked at. Over a 1000 chapters....
It's a fun series though. Although to me it was always more a training manga than a sports/boxing manga with me enjoying all the stuff around the actual matches so much more. Although the matches can be pretty epic as well but a lot of times they draaaaaag a little bit too much even when read in chunks.
No exactly sure where I stopped, maybe I should pick it back up it's a very uplifting series something that you can't have enough these days.

Might not be the case I think most people haven't had review codes for that long like maybe 3-4 days at most from what I've seen mentioned in the discussion threads?
Nioh is a meaty and somewhat complex game it might be the type of game where it takes time to full dive into all the systems properly.

I've seen 1-2 reviewers already kind of saying they're probably not going to hit embargo themselves. I regard that as positive.

Oh wow yeah that's good.

Hasney

Only because they made the amateurish mistake of appropriating it, because they deemed it necessary for growth on the Twitch platform. They could have decided to break convention in that sense, it's not as if most of their viewers are not already in tune with what they do.

They don't need petty subscribers that predicate the worth of subscription on some trivial form of recognition.

Money is money and it lasts 3 seconds. It's all good.

If there were not many new viewers, then they wouldn't sing the song much, would they?

WarRock

I can already see Huber hunting down the PS2 games after watching Ippo and it is glorious.

Mista Koo

So the game part was pretty bad, not only did they play single player but they repeated three of the games over (and with the same song three times). Felt like an obligation. But I enjoyed the rest of the stream.

First: RIVAL SCHOOLS HECK YEAH! Please choose it for the group stream. I've been wanting this since I started watching your group streams and almost sent it myself.
Ben the second disc has extra home version modes and mini games, also has the Japanese exclusive dating sim mode where you create your own character.

The dioramas were cool, didn't expect Jones' to be amazing and actually the best. Huber's and Ben's were adorable. And Don's was on another level, but we couldn't see much of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I agree with whoever mentioned it the subscriber song during that part in particular was pretty bad.

Anime stuff:
  • Haikyu is fantastic. I've just finished watching the second season and it was positive, inspiring, emotional, and thrilling even for a sad cynical sack like me. Ben, Huber, and Damiani would probably love it (I suggest the anime version since it has great pacing and direction).
  • Bakuman too is fantastic but it's on a different spectrum of shonen. It has no action and every chapter is full of text. It's a great look into the manga industry and Jump in particular. Most of the fake mangas have fantastic concepts, which is to be expected from the creator of Death Note.
  • I forgot that Americans pronounce stein without the sh sound. It's weird.
  • I had no idea Blood can read some Japanese, that's pretty cool.

WarRock

A shame it's the expanded PSX version and not the Dreamcast sequel (the actual Project Justice). But being the japanese version, it has the custom character mode.

Shame on Capcom for not giving the PSX port a different name to differentiate it from the arcade version since it has so much extra stuff.

Ray Down

Banned
[*]Bakuman too is fantastic but it's on a different spectrum of shonen. It has no action and every chapter is full of text. It's a great look into the manga industry and Jump in particular. Most of the fake mangas have fantastic concepts, which is to be expected from the creator of Death Note.

Bakuman is great, just don't expect good female characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom