• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly will there be an audio version of a lot of the other regular things like Q&A, KMBS, and random things like Kill your babies?
Setting up audio stuff like that does take extra time and ongoing costs. And all needs to be on separate feeds. Totally up to the individual producer as to whether or not it's worth it, but definitely not for a limited series like BKSM or something like the Q&A which is really only archived because it happens somewhat automatically.

Setting up audio stuff like that does take extra time and ongoing costs. And all needs to be on separate feeds. Totally up to the individual producer as to whether or not it's worth it, but definitely not for a limited series like BKSM or something like the Q&A which is really only archived because it happens somewhat automatically.

I like listening to those things but many times the best way for me to listen is when driving and that is a lot of data to stream a video for audio purposes. I am sure I am in a minority when it comes to that though, so likely not worth the extra effort. Would be nice though......

Ps what I had in mind blood was like a soundcloud page or for iTunes an Etc podcast that would be a catch all for the audio of these shows. That way each producer can just put it on either or both and not have to have an individual thing for every series.

It's been awhile since I've worked with a video editor, but I'm pretty sure that there's options for you to just render an audio file, depending on what software you use. Hell, if worst comes to worst, you could just create another version of the video project file, delete the footage, render the file, then run it through an online converter to turn it into an .MP3.

I like listening to those things but many times the best way for me to listen is when driving and that is a lot of data to stream a video for audio purposes. I am sure I am in a minority when it comes to that though, so likely not worth the extra effort. Would be nice though......

Ps what I had in mind blood was like a soundcloud page or for iTunes an Etc podcast that would be a catch all for the audio of these shows. That way each producer can just put it on either or both and not have to have an individual thing for every series.
Yeah it's the feeds that have to be setup paid for and managed. Just turning it into an MP3 is no big deal and you could do that on your own. itunes has to approve podcast feeds on their platform and I don't know if it would work to have a feed with no consistent format or schedule.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Those Nioh impressions oh man. 1 more week until I have the time to bunker up :-x.
Also wanted to share something cool I learned about the game from a stream.
It's related to revenants which you can summon for loot. It's a mechanic I'll tag it for safety but I don't think it's a spoiler.
So it seems like revenants that are part of your friendlist do drop their entire equipment compared to only a few pieces with normal revenants. Revenants from your friendlist also have glowing graves to differentiate their graves.
There are a few restriction though but they're not tested well enough yet to be confirmed.
But for one it seems like the equipment that drops is the equipment in their original state. So if your revenant friend has reforged their gear you're not getting that but the original drop.
------------------------------
On the recent Frametrap for the Nioh part the conversation is so much more back and forth than usual. This could be because of so many other reasons though but since the format did change it felt worth noting.

Could someone tell me when the RE7 talk ends? I want to go into that game as blind as possible when I pick it up in a little while. And not only do I want to avoid spoilers but I feel like Hubers hype will force my hand to purchase it earlier then I want to.

PepperedHam

Could someone tell me when the RE7 talk ends? I want to go into that game as blind as possible when I pick it up in a little while. And not only do I want to avoid spoilers but I feel like Hubers hype will force my hand to purchase it earlier then I want to.
Ends at 40:01.

Naythan

Just a warning for those listening to Frame Trap: they say at the beginning they're gonna try to avoid spoilers but seem to give up on that notion about halfway through and spoil some more minor things before that. If you want to go in blind or haven't finished, just skip the discussion.

wapplew

Less then 4 minutes of Gravity Rush 2 talk...with Nioh, Zelda, Persona 5 coming, many allies likely forget about it.

Roubjon

Less then 4 minutes of Gravity Rush 2 talk...with Nioh, Zelda, Persona 5 coming, many allies likely forget about it.

I'm playing it now and loving it. I think Ben brought it up in the last FrameTrap though, so at least it got some spotlight for a bit.

Just started with the EZAnime podcast. Pleasantly surprised by the runtime. 

As someone who's familiar with Berserk (read the manga), Brad and Ben are doing a great job with describing the series. It's really not that easy to put into words.

Something I'm wondering about, as I'm not that far into the episode yet, but I thought Brad was the host of the podcast?

Brad really relies on working off the other guys to get his thoughts out so it seemed like there wasn't a host. One suggestion would be to have other people on if they've watched the show just to give more ideas to bounce off each other. Love Brad but he's newer to articulating his thoughts critically on the fly.

Love that Frame Trap seems intent on meaningful discussion about specific games. I listen to a lot of podcasts that love to echo old news or give samey impressions and previews, but EZA stuff and especially Frame Trap escape that trap excellently.

The panel EXCHANGES their thoughts rather than just taking turns saying their pieces. I really appreciate this and the passion that accompanies it. When Ben on FT or Kyle on the EZA podcasts interrupts for a second to ask "why do you feel that way?" Or "what makes you think that" I get so HYPED because that is REAL discussion! This might sound nuts--but I love when people give reasons rather than just impressions...if any of that makes sense.

Bullshit that Nioh is out tomorrow here.

Fucking Wednesday release? Give us the US Tuesday release or just wait until the usual Friday. Wednesday. Wanky Wednesday.

Hasney

Get you over that week hump.

Although I don't mind, gonna have to wait until at least a summer games drought to buy it. I have a hostess club to run, dammit!

Karu

Fucking Wednesday release? Give us the US Tuesday release or just wait until the usual Friday. Wednesday. Wanky Wednesday.
I thought about buying it on the US Store but it still has to download in the meantime, I will just wait til morning.

And opposed to what I planned to do, yes, I bought... I am weak.

slash3584

I thought about buying it on the US Store but it still has to download in the meantime, I will just wait til morning.

And opposed to what I planned to do, yes, I bought... I am weak.

Yeah it sucks, it's the same with Horizon too.

Joqu

Um, either this is on me or it's one of those weird YouTube problems, but is anyone having issues with the latest frametrap? On mobile it straight up stops on me early on, both on Safari and the YouTube app. And on desktop it just buffers constantly on me, even at the lowest quality, and eventually it stops working. I've tried watching it multiple times now.

And this isn't some internet connection problem because other videos work just fine. I've gone back to past frametraps, the especially long ones too, and there are absolutely no issues there. I can watch that stuff at the highest quality like usual.

I don't really get it :s

Kneefoil

Um, either this is on me or it's one of those weird YouTube problems, but is anyone having issues with the latest frametrap? On mobile it straight up stops on me early on, both on Safari and the YouTube app. And on desktop it just buffers constantly on me, even at the lowest quality, and eventually it stops working. I've tried watching it multiple times now.

And this isn't some internet connection problem because other videos work just fine. I've gone back to past frametraps, the especially long ones too, and there are absolutely no issues there. I can watch that stuff at the highest quality like usual.

No issues for me. Tried on my Android phone and on desktop: both play it just fine.

Joqu

No issues for me. Tried on my Android phone and on desktop: both play it just fine.

Yeah I'm guessing it's fine for almost everyone. YouTube can get glitchy on a particular video once in a while but I would've seen more people facing the same issue by now.

I just want to watch my frametrap :(

Arkain

I have the same issue, the video just randomly seems to stop after 5-20 minutes and then buffers forever. Changing the video quality fixed it, until it jammed up again.

MrMette

Yeah I'm guessing it's fine for almost everyone. YouTube can get glitchy on a particular video once in a while but I would've seen more people facing the same issue by now.

I just want to watch my frametrap :(

I have the same thing at work (which has fast internet as I work at a University) and it just doesn't want to work with me. I have put it to 144p and even at that bad of a quility it doesn't always want to work with me and stops playing. I have listened a bit of the soundcloud audio, but when Huber starts to get excited I want to see him go.

I usually watch it in Opera in the cool popout window they have on Youtube, resized to quite a small size in the bottom right corner of my monitor (like I always do), so the quality isn't that much of a deal, but it just stops buffering for minutes sometimes.

edit:
I just swapped back to soundcloud (after my lunchbreak) as it just didn't want to play any more after 1 minute at 144p on youtube anymore. I don't understand how that's possible, but yeah.

Joqu

I have the same issue, the video just randomly seems to stop after 5-20 minutes and then buffers forever. Changing the video quality fixed it, until it jammed up again.

I have the same thing at work (which has fast internet as I work at a University) and it just doesn't want to work with me. I have put it to 144p and even at that bad of a quility it doesn't always want to work with me and stops playing. I have listened a bit of the soundcloud audio, but when Huber starts to get excited I want to see him go.

I usually watch it in Opera in the cool popout window they have on Youtube, resized to quite a small size in the bottom right corner of my monitor (like I always do), so the quality isn't that much of a deal, but it just stops buffering for minutes sometimes.

Okay, now we're talking. This is exactly what I'm experiencing. It actually sounds like a proper YouTube glitch now, jeez. :L

And yeah, my internet is pretty damn fast. Something's up.

Auctopus

I just thought that every 3 months, Huber could present a game show that's related to the EZA podcast.

The quiz could contain questions/trivia regarding events that had occurred in that past 3 months and the Eagles and the Platipy (can't remember how to spell, sorry) could bet, steal and gain points that for their respective teams. The podcast points would then be adjusted in the next podcast and the year could end with a big game show. (For UK fans, think "Big fat quiz of the year).

I know some people won't like the idea of the podcast point system being affected by a separate show but I think it could make things interesting in the way doubling down on Don did last summer.

demu

Same problem for me, except it's not only Frametrap, but other long videos, too. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'd like to see the Anime podcast get a more general section, like a Weeklys backend for that months manga updates and stuff and any hype. I understand thats gonna be tough considering theyre already flatout with videogames so can only watch so much anime. But theres gonna be tentpole essentially retro stuff like Beserk, FLCL and so on, while ongoings like One Piece, Attack on Titan, and My Hero Academia are the ongoing hype of anime and any new stuff they just start watching.

Frame Trap is my favourite videogame podcast there has ever been, so it skews my expectations.

Anyone find the Hottake compilation Ben was talking about?

Its a glorious twitter video: https://twitter.com/protojayn7/status/811666968491257856

On that topic, EZA REALLY must investigate doing Best of EZA Month videos compiling hype moments from groups streams, bets, solo streams, and the occasional clip outs from podcasts. THATS how Youtubers advertise, and it seems a bit silly having to tell them that considering the E3 of Dreams footage doing the rounds is one of the main reasons they're still here at all.

It's something that takes up editing time for sure, but its not so intensive like a review requiring music and audio match-ups. It's title cards and clipping out the best bits (community could give monthly pointers on most hype moments with time-stamps to help).

wiibomb

I'm kind of bummed.. didn't know they were going with some spoilers of RE7... spoiled at least 1 boss for me..

loved the discussion, but it became spoilery

jond76

Banned
I see they had concerns about the legs for For Honor. They are doing the same setup as Rainbow 6 Siege. Ubi has done really well for Siege players, I reasonably expect the same commitment to For Honor.

Joqu

Just a heads up I'm on a different connection AND on different hardware right now and I still have the same issue. The video is basically unplayable for me. ;_;

Same problem for me, except it's not only Frametrap, but other long videos, too. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure if it's the same issue if it's on other long videos too, but that sucks

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm kind of bummed.. didn't know they were going with some spoilers of RE7... spoiled at least 1 boss for me..

loved the discussion, but it became spoilery

Time Stamps, use em. Can always return to the content later like I did with TLG. In a year like this, expecting panel guests to not talk about specifics 2 weeks after the game launched means that game may never get much of an extended chat later on.

Naythan

Time Stamps, use em. Can always return to the content later like I did with TLG. In a year like this, expecting panel guests to not talk about specifics 2 weeks after the game launched means that game may never get much of an extended chat later on.

Yeah the difference is that they start out by saying they're going to avoid spoilers and then spoil a few minor things and decide to drop the "no spoilers" without a ton of warning. Gotta give us more time to click away y'all!

Pie and Beans

Yeah the difference is that they start out by saying they're going to avoid spoilers and then spoil a few minor things and decide to drop the "no spoilers" without a ton of warning. Gotta give us more time to click away y'all!

As a rule of thumb, if theres a game youre intent on playing and dont want spoiling, any after release chat has to be avoided. No talk of 40 mins isn't gonna get into some stuff that will take the edge off. They probably shouldn't have said there wouldnt be big spoilers, but Jones hasn't finished it so they probably were coming from the point of view of none of the last quarter.

Its a glorious twitter video: https://twitter.com/protojayn7/status/811666968491257856

On that topic, EZA REALLY must investigate doing Best of EZA Month videos compiling hype moments from groups streams, bets, solo streams, and the occasional clip outs from podcasts. THATS how Youtubers advertise, and it seems a bit silly having to tell them that considering the E3 of Dreams footage doing the rounds is one of the main reasons they're still here at all.

It's something that takes up editing time for sure, but its not so intensive like a review requiring music and audio match-ups. It's title cards and clipping out the best bits (community could give monthly pointers on most hype moments with time-stamps to help).

I completely agree. It would be fantastic to do that, especially for people who can't or won't watch their streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom