• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGAF

Banned
Hah that's funny.

I was trying to find the beginning of the L&R lore, I guess that's it, although I can't find the part where they explain the furby toy.
They never explain it. And that's kind of the joke. When Kyle changed the name of the segment he just said "and now it's time for love and respect," did a rehersed jingle and everyone was in on it except for the audience. They just acted like it was totally normal and like they had been doing it the whole time. Super funny!

ShadyK54

Starting up today's Talking Syndrome, and you're immediately greeted with an AJ Styles Styles Clash compilation video. Fantastic.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to the QA at the part where the allies were asked if they could learn more about one aspect of game dev what it would be. Ben answered with programming.
Honest questions to other allies here that would answer similarly what about it they would want to know exactly?

Based on personal experience when people say that to me(it sometimes comes up because of what I study) they actually are more interested in trying to wrap their heads around how games work in a similar fashion they can wrap their heads around how cartoons work.

But I don't know if that is really the common idea behind that answer or if it's just anecdotal coincidence.

In response to Huber's dreamjob being game show host.

Just let Huber play game show host for a group stream(anniversary) where instead of playing a game you do a videogame quiz with teams using your EZA bet persona's. I think that would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

diablogod

Don is one of the three main editors for EZA, he's also an international man of mystery. I don't think he's going anywhere. Every week of Feb. during group stream night they said they would premiere an episode of Don's Discount Gaming.

Off topic but I just wanted to thank Ian for constantly recommending Black Mirror and more specifically San Junipero. Just got done watching it and it's such an amazing series and San Junipero is definitely the highlight of the whole series. I'm buying right now that rad t-shirt an Ally gave to Ian lol.

Hasney

Is Don leaving EZA or will still make appearances?

Where's that come from? February is even Don't month where on the group stream, they are going to debut a new Don video live every Tuesday starting with a new series of Don's Discount Gaming.

Mista Koo

Just let Huber play game show host for a group stream(anniversary) where instead of playing a game you do a videogame quiz with teams using your EZA bet persona's. I think that would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
Yes!

Also of course he wanted to be a game show host, it makes a lot of sense.

In the latest cup of Jones, Jones says he prefer 14 to 15 but then says if he had to pick one over another to play he'd rather play 15... Was that a mistake?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Someone gotta ask what exactly he imagines but honestly this feels like something he could make a goal for beyond the studio, in theory. 55k or 60k goal :-x. If it's something along the lines of movie fights. Of course if it's more like TV game show hosts that's different.
-----------------------------------------------
When refreshing youtube and the animecast is not up yet
images

jk I just wanted to post that picture :-x

Just have Game Show Huber host the E3 betting special

He's being jolly with game show sound effects while the betting competitors are super serious

cm osi

is the xenogears playthrough the first time damiani is playing it?

also can't find the GOG easy allies page (mentioned by jones on the new cup)

Tregard

Soothsayer
Just have Game Show Huber host the E3 betting special

He's being jolly with game show sound effects while the betting competitors are super serious

I want Huber's Gameshow Marathon more than you could ever know. I'm a quiz writer, so that would be a dream come true. Huber hosting as the other allies play a variety of game show homages.

Chuck

Still without luck
...Berserk? What a bummer. Hope next week is something interesting.

edit: what the heck, it's one episode every three weeks!? and they talk about 1 anime each episode?! got my expectations way too high for this.

Karu

A full on spoiler-cast. Well probably gonna skip most episodes then!
Which is fine lol
:D Reading Berserk here and there so at least I will also be able to come back to it in a few years.

...Berserk? What a bummer. Hope next week is something interesting.

edit: what the heck, it's one episode every three weeks!? and they talk about 1 anime each episode?! got my expectations way too high for this.

We primarily talk about one anime, but Brad and I each give a personal recommendation at the end of the episode that we discuss for a bit. But yes, this is not a general anime show.

As far as the frequency, it's pretty much the rate that we can do something like this at our current size.

With all that being said, we're open to suggestions.

Chuck

Still without luck
We primarily talk about one anime, but Brad and I each give a personal recommendation at the end of the episode that we discuss for a bit. But yes, this is not a general anime show.

As far as the frequency, it's pretty much the rate that we can do something like this at our current size.

With all that being said, we're open to suggestions.

can I suggest a write in spot for the poll? :3

can I suggest a write in spot for the poll? :3

Of course. The list of 10 that we picked for this poll is actually coming from a much bigger list of 40. We didn't want to overwhelm people by throwing 40 choices at everyone. We also wanted some lesser known things to have a fighting chance. Every episode we'll pull a different set of 10 to keep the options fresh. We'll add to the master list over time as well. It's sort of an evolving thing.

Not saying that any of this is the best way to do it, but it's what we decided on to get started.

I want Huber's Gameshow Marathon more than you could ever know. I'm a quiz writer, so that would be a dream come true. Huber hosting as the other allies play a variety of game show homages.

Oooh. Maybe he could be the "host" of a Jackbox Games' stream. Neat thing with many of the recent games (especially Drawful 2 and Quiplash 2 (in The Jackbox Party Pack 3) is the fact that you can create custom games with custom prompts. What happens is, the game generates a special room code for the game and (at least with Quiplash 2) you can create up to 64 prompts for a single game. When completed, you can share the code with people.

Gvitor

@EZAnime

I feel like this could use a spoiler-free talk separated from the main spoilercast. With a timestamp and on-screen warning, I mean. That way, when you're starting the conversation, you guys could talk about the series and what you like about them in more general terms and it serves as a means to convince people to watch them before they jump into the spoiler talk. The way it is now, it serves only for those who finished Berserk, even if you don't start talking late-manga spoilers up until the end.

For instance, I've read about 10 volumes of the Berserk manga and watched the equivalent in animated form a while ago, but I'm afraid to even start the podcast due to that spoiler warning. A 10 minute talk before the spoilers start rolling could've pushed me off the edge to continue the series.

That all said, I can't wait for the Hunter x Hunter episode you guys talked about last year (in a frame trap, if I'm not mistaken). Since that unfortunately wasn't up for votes, I voted Haikyuu. More people need to get on that show (and manga).

@EZAnime

I feel like this could use a spoiler-free talk separated from the main spoilercast. With a timestamp and on-screen warning, I mean. That way, when you're starting the conversation, you guys could talk about the series and what you like about them in more general terms and it serves as a means to convince people to watch them before they jump into the spoiler talk. The way it is now, it serves only for those who finished Berserk, even if you don't start talking late-manga spoilers up until the end.

For instance, I've read about 10 volumes of the Berserk manga and watched the equivalent in animated form a while ago, but I'm afraid to even start the podcast due to that spoiler warning. A 10 minute talk before the spoilers start rolling could've pushed me off the edge to continue the series.

That all said, I can't wait for the Hunter x Hunter episode you guys talked about last year (in a frame trap, if I'm not mistaken). Since that unfortunately wasn't up for votes, I voted Haikyuu. More people need to get on that show (and manga).

It's a good suggestion. Hunter x Hunter will be on the next poll.

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that the "spoiler free" beginning section + time stamps are good ideas. It will allow more people to enjoy the show regardless of what we're talking about.

Mista Koo

I'd suggest having fewer options in the poll. Lesser known titles have no chance of winning when they're fighting nine other anime.

I voted for Haikyuu, but I would've loved to vote for Zetsubo Sensei.

Auctopus

It's a good suggestion. Hunter x Hunter will be on the next poll.

That'll be a tough one discuss in a structured/one episode way. The tone and pacing shift that show takes from Hunter Exams to Heaven's Arena to Greedo Island and finally fully evolving in to something else entirely in the Soldier Ant arc spans so many hours and characters.

Most interested in a Jojo discussion, though.

I'd suggest having fewer options in the poll. Lesser known titles have no chance of winning when they're fighting nine other anime.

I voted for Haikyuu, but I would've loved to vote for Zetsubo Sensei.

I definitely agree with this. The second you put up something like Naruto, Bleach or One Piece up, it's going to wreck any other competition. I know One Piece will be an inevitability though because of Brad so maybe shows you know you are absolutely going to discuss just don't go in the poll?

munchie64

Anime show was great, pretty much what I expected.

Hopefully, JoJo's is voted in at some point since that episode would be amazing.

That'll be a tough one discuss in a structured/one episode way. The tone and pacing shift that show takes from Hunter Exams to Heaven's Arena to Greedo Island and finally fully evolving in to something else entirely in the Soldier Ant arc spans so many hours and characters.

Most interested in a Jojo discussion, though.

I definitely agree with this. The second you put up something like Naruto, Bleach or One Piece up, it's going to wreck any other competition. I know One Piece will be an inevitability though because of Brad so maybe shows you know you are absolutely going to discuss just don't go in the poll?

It's still early, but Naruto is in the poll and behind Code Geass, FLCL, and Jojo.

For big shows like Hunter x Hunter and One Piece there are already ideas on how to structure it.

EDIT: 10 might be too much for sure. Maybe 5 for the next poll.

Auctopus

It's still early, but Naruto is in the poll and behind Code Geass, FLCL, and Jojo.

For big shows like Hunter x Hunter and One Piece there are already ideas on how to structure it.

Oh, sorry, I hadn't looked at the poll results yet. Well, I'm just glad something like is happening, either way!

Philippo

You guys are not dreaming big enough, Huber should host Sony's press conferences.

Still, i agree that having him playing game show host on a stream would be hella funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom