• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joqu

It doesn't seem to be a Frametrap-only issue: https://redd.it/5sisev

Interesting. I'm not sure if that really describes what I'm experiencing, because for me it IS a Frametrap only issue though. But considering the timing it might just be connected. Hm.

Either way, I'm sure it's a YouTube fuckup at this point. Hope it sorts itself out on its own. /:

Auctopus

Just a heads up for Huber and Ben when Jones was talking about the size of Wildlands and backing out in the map. The developers have gone on record to say that the size of the map is not indicative of the amount of side missions and collectibles.

The reason they created a huge map is because they wanted a varied environment which flowed between biomes naturally, which means having a big map as you can't have one street that just goes from desert to jungle. It's not the usual "this is the biggest map ever" spiel, there's actually a reason, it's not to just fill it with stuff. When you play the Beta/game, you can see how natural the hills are and the way the environment transforms from mountains to valleys. It's also the reason why helicopters are readily available etc.

Regarding the RE7 spoilers, that's on me. I shouldn't have said "no spoilers" at the front and given people more time to click away. Messed up!!

Solobbos

I've only played about 2 hours of RE7, and I don't feel I got spoiled about the game that much. Biggest one was probably
Marguerite's spider form
but I already heard something about it, so I really think that was a good conversation.

The whole Frame Trap was sublime, actually. Great job, Ben!

Holy shit dude, I'm playing Nioh now and this is so much better than my experience with the first alpha and beta

Feeling way more of the Ninja Gaiden part than the Souls

Maybe it's just how the introduction is structured (or maybe my brain has been altered by Let It Die rather than playing straight up like Souls) but wow this rules

muteki

Hottake compilation made my day. Everyone's reactions were hilarious, and I usually miss it listening to the podcast.

Ultimadrago

Just watched the last Q&A. I really don't agree with the overall EZA approach to criticism on some of their reviews. I find that there have been good (and validated) marks against how some of the titles have been reviewed and scored. I suppose at the end of the day one has to simply trust the source to really take the "We are being fair." statement to heart.

I also didn't agree with Ian's statement that if someone doesn't agree with the reviews, that they should stop watching (though I believe he explained further afterwards). I'm certainly in the boat where I find the reviews from the titles I've played much too lenient, but I've learned to just temper my expectations for EZA reviews beforehand. That doesn't mean I'll take every statement said in a review silently, but I am there for the personalities and on this front EZA delivers.

On another note, the Yakuza 0 review was spot-on and I'm glad the title has introduced me to the series thus far.

Is it just me, but outside of EZA there really is not much hype for For Honor i am looking at the best selling list of Amazon and its at 20+ on PS4 and not even top 100 on XB1, that seems pretty bad for a game coming out in 2 weeks.

Budi

Is it just me, but outside of EZA there really is not much hype for For Honor i am looking at the best selling list of Amazon and its at 20+ on PS4 and not even top 100 on XB1, that seems pretty bad for a game coming out in 2 weeks.

No idea really, don't follow things like that so much. But doesn't seem to rank well on Steam top sellers either now that I checked. It's a real shame if doesn't sell well, from my 25 hours of experience in the closed Beta the game is really damn good.

Edit: Not saying that this would be a telling ranking, but my friend often checks this list out http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot-50/ So there's some interest, atleast within Gamespot users.

Guys. We get a new Dons Discount Gaming episode tonight!

No idea really, don't follow things like that so much. But doesn't seem to rank well on Steam top sellers either now that I checked. It's a real shame if doesn't sell well, from my 25 hours of experience in the closed Beta the game is really damn good.
I think the open beta will be key to gaining interest

When I first heard their hype for it at the E3 reveal in 2015 I honestly assumed it was a running joke and they weren't actually hyped on it (probably because it was an Ubisoft game)

Little did I know..... lol

I agree that an open beta will do them a lot of good

Philippo

To Mr. Kyle Bosman,

someone gifted me with two pre-order codes for NIOH. If you want to free yourself from your mortal coil, i'm going to give one of those to you.

Mediking

To Mr. Kyle Bosman,

someone gifted me with two pre-order codes for NIOH. If you want to free yourself from your mortal coil, i'm going to give one of those to you.

If...ah.... he already has NIOH...you...could...ah...give...it....to......ummmm....

Bahorel

I think he wasn't interested in it, or somehow I have this impression. Maybe from an episode of Frame Trap or something.

He said he's not going to play it even though it looks good because he hasn't even finished dark souls 3 yet and he wouldn't get around to nioh

Mediking

I think he wasn't interested in it, or somehow I have this impression. Maybe from an episode of Frame Trap or something.

Probably too intense.

He said he's not going to play it even though it looks good because he hasn't even finished dark souls 3 yet and he wouldn't get around to nioh

Hope rises.....

nope we have on tape that if Nioh gets 5 stars in the EZA review he's going to play it.

Hype crashes... lol

Burt

53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

I just finished Frame Trap and I'm not sure why Jones said he wanted RE8 to have co-op but then proceeded to not mention co-op at all in his explanation. I guess he just picked the wrong term for RE2's zapping system?

But yeah, pulling a RE2 is exactly what I want from RE8. Open up the environment a bit more, add more enemy variety and have two characters, each with an A and B scenario.

Bit disappointed at the short Gravity Rush 2 segment. I love that game. I've platted it but I'm still going back to do the online treasure hunts, decorate my cool little pipe-house and just play around in that world more. I can't wait for the free Raven DLC.

Lastly, Huber's New Vegas dislike is absolutely disgusting. It's the only good Fallout Bethesda's published.

Edit: Oh hey, Sofia's back on the group stream. Looking forward to a healthy Don dosage.

Edit #dos: Placing the subscriber notification over the group is legit terrible.

Joqu

Okay, so a day has passed and I figured I'd give y'all an update on my Frametrap Buffering Mystery.

...Well, basically I've had plenty of new YouTube videos to check with, and there's no issues there. Same with any old ones, no issues. Latest Frametrap though? Yup, it's still completely broken for me, with constant buffering even at 144p. Pretty much unwatchable.

Anyone here happen to know anything about this kind of issue? A specific YouTube video that refuses to stream properly but works for many others? I've been searching around but nothing has been much help.

I don't know how this stuff works but I've tried multiple internet providers now at multiple places with multiple devices and it's all with the same problem with that one video, so I assume it's some sort of regional thing. I'd say it's clearly a YouTube issue of sorts, but what a strangely specific one.

I guess this isn't going to be a problem in the long term so I'm obsessing it or anything, but I do like me some Frametrap. And this is pretty perplexing to me so I would like to figure this out somehow y'know?

Mista Koo

I never understood the appeal of pinball. I feel like by the time we had video games with detailed graphics they were pretty much outdated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I met a guy who worked on the studio that made Pinball Arcade. It was kinda depressing how all they work on are pinball games, or rather more virtual pinball machines for the same game.

Also I just realized that Don is the kind of guy who wears a fedora.

MrMette

Okay, so a day has passed and I figured I'd give y'all an update on my Frametrap Buffering Mystery.

...Well, basically I've had plenty of new YouTube videos to check with, and there's no issues there. Same with any old ones, no issues. Latest Frametrap though? Yup, it's still completely broken for me, with constant buffering even at 144p. Pretty much unwatchable.

Anyone here happen to know anything about this kind of issue? A specific YouTube video that refuses to stream properly but works for many others? I've been searching around but nothing has been much help.

I don't know how this stuff works but I've tried multiple internet providers now at multiple places with multiple devices and it's all with the same problem with that one video, so I assume it's some sort of regional thing. I'd say it's clearly a YouTube issue of sorts, but what a strangely specific one.

I guess this isn't going to be a problem in the long term so I'm obsessing it or anything, but I do like me some Frametrap. And this is pretty perplexing to me so I would like to figure this out somehow y'know?
I have watched and listened to it yesterda (most of it listened via soundcloud unfortunately). The last part worked fine for me on 720p btw yesterday. I have just tested it and some parts work fine (720p) and some parts take some time to load. But I skipped through it and it seems to work now (in Belgium).

I am still not sure what the problem is as I didn't see a lot of people mentioning the problem in the comments, so it is possible some servers were affected (eg. the European ones or something).

But I am quite sure it is a Youtube problem and not a problem with the video itself.

Joqu

I have watched and listened to it yesterda (most of it listened via soundcloud unfortunately). The last part worked fine for me on 720p btw yesterday. I have just tested it and some parts work fine (720p) and some parts take some time to load. But I skipped through it and it seems to work now (in Belgium).

I am still not sure what the problem is as I didn't see a lot of people mentioning the problem in the comments, so it is possible some servers were affected (eg. the European ones or something).

But I am quite sure it is a Youtube problem and not a problem with the video itself.

Dude. Me too! In Belgium. Antwerp to be precise. Heh.

It's definitely not the video's problem, yeah. Just so strange how it's specific to one video for me. But unfortunately it hasn't been fixed here yet.

Perhaps I should try to download it using one of those 3rd party sites? I've given it enough clicks by now, should be fine. >>

I imagine it's one of those things that'll be fine if I were to go back to the video in say, a month though. Seems like that's how these things resolve themselves in most cases.

Ruruja

Sorry if you've already investigated it, but do you think it could be due to the length of the Frame Trap videos? Maybe anything over 2 hours has that issue?

Joqu

Sorry if you've already investigated it, but do you think it could be due to the length of the Frame Trap videos? Maybe anything over 2 hours has that issue?

Yeah, I've already investigated that. It was my first thought, it would've made plenty of sense, but I can watch other videos with that length just fine. It's really just the one Frametrap.

Well I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some others with the issue. I just haven't come across one. You get the idea.

Arkain

Don's discount gaming was great, love that it's back. Well written too.

Dude. Me too! In Belgium. Antwerp to be precise. Heh.

It's definitely not the video's problem, yeah. Just so strange how it's specific to one video for me. But unfortunately it hasn't been fixed here yet.

Perhaps I should try to download it using one of those 3rd party sites? I've given it enough clicks by now, should be fine. >>

I imagine it's one of those things that'll be fine if I were to go back to the video in say, a month though. Seems like that's how these things resolve themselves in most cases.

Like I said in my previous post, I had the same issue and I also live in Belgium (not Antwerp though). Seems like the start of a pattern. In any case, the problem hasn't re-emerged after watching Frametrap, so hopefully whatever that was stays gone.

sora87

Just catching up on the group stream, always good to see Sofia, she's a cool cat.
Also surprised Ian wasn't just like "screw Blood, i'm singing the subscriber song!" :p
Don's Discount Gaming continues to be the best.

Edit #dos: Placing the subscriber notification over the group is legit terrible.

Yeah, maybe put it in the black header bar at the top?

Joqu

Like I said in my previous post, I had the same issue and I also live in Belgium (not Antwerp though). Seems like the start of a pattern. In any case, the problem hasn't re-emerged after watching Frametrap, so hopefully whatever that was stays gone.

Ha, oh man.

Y'know, I might not be figuring out why we've experienced this problem, but to find out there's other Belgian Easy Allies fans here is pretty cool.

Anyway, yeah, I suppose the pattern is Belgian Easy Allies viewers huh. ...YouTube isn't going to bother figuring that out, it better stays away.

Ha, oh man.

Y'know, I might not be figuring out why we've experienced this problem, but to find out there's other Belgian Easy Allies fans here is pretty cool.

Anyway, yeah, I suppose the pattern is Belgian Easy Allies viewers huh. ...YouTube isn't going to bother figuring that out, it better stays away.
I don't mean to clog the thread with tech support issues, but the same thing happened for me, and I'm Belgian as well. I figured it was an issue with my phone, but when I tried it again this morning on my desktop, the problem appeared there too. Haven't experienced this issue with any other video.

Joqu

I don't mean to clog the episode with tech support issues, but the same thing happened for men, and I'm Belgian as well. I figured it was an issue with my phone, but when I tried it again this morning on my desktop, the problem appeared there too. Haven't experienced this issue with any other video.

Oh, I think I'm the one who has been clogging everything with tech support issues, so I imagine you're good. I do apologize, everyone. :p

We've really got our pattern now though, it's something.

(Not that I expect much out of it but I did report the problem to google by the way. Maybe you guys should consider doing so too? I'm mostly just worried it'll crop up on future videos at this point.)

arkon

Oh, I think I'm the one who has been clogging everything with tech support issues, so I imagine you're good. I do apologize, everyone. :p

We've really got our pattern now though, it's something.

(Not that I expect much out of it but I did report the problem to google by the way. Maybe you guys should consider doing so too? I'm mostly just worried it'll crop up on future videos at this point.)

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache etc and retrying the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom