• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

39k with an empty sponsor slot, that's nice. I feel that at the current growth rare, next month they're finally breaking 40k for good, if they fill back the sponsor slot.

Also we're close to those 100k subs on Youtube, definitely getting there before the 1-year anniversary.

sora87

39k with an empty sponsor slot, that's nice. I feel that at the current growth rare, next month they're finally breaking 40k for good, if they fill back the sponsor slot.

Also we're close to those 100k subs on Youtube, definitely getting there before the 1-year anniversary.

Hopefully we get a better 40k goal

It's kinda annoying how the sponsors always seem to drop out right at the end of the month, not giving them enough time to find a new one. It's not like they get any benefit out of it either, they pay for their slot at the start of the month.

Roubjon

I was watching GameTrailers play through The Evil Within and Elyse had the hilarious idea of a show where they get Ben drunk and he explains the plot of JRPGs. I'd watch it.

LycanXIII

It's kinda annoying how the sponsors always seem to drop out right at the end of the month, not giving them enough time to find a new one. It's not like they get any benefit out of it either, they pay for their slot at the start of the month.

Patreon needs to find a way to prevent people from pledging after the beginning of the month, getting all the benefits, then drop out before they get charged.

Karu

Patreon needs to find a way to prevent people from pledging after the beginning of the month, getting all the benefits, then drop out before they get charged.
While that is certainly true, I don't think that happened with the Sponsors yet? Either way, while I understand the sentiment in regards to the Sponsors pulling out late, I would be more willing to cut them some slack, because... well, they paid up and they paid good. :p

Voted for Bayonetta 2, but it obviously will be Smash - at the very least I hope they play multiplayer this time... (opposed to the Mario&Sonic stream)

I realize you want us to do well, but people keep throwing this accusation around without any real evidence.

Karu

I've had to drop down my pledge 20 bucks mid month because of sudden financial changes, am I part of the problem? :(
I wouldn't and shouldn't judge about individual cases, just talking general functionalities of a website. ;-)
Other than that, I would think the serial-abusers with a specific intent of such systems - whether they exist in large numbers (doubtful) or not - would be the problem to adress, either way.

While that is certainly true, I don't think that happened with the Sponsors yet? Either way, while I understand the sentiment in regards to the Sponsors pulling out late, I would be more willing to cut them some slack, because... well, they paid up and they paid good. :p

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing while typing up that post. I didn't mean to come off like I was getting on their case or anything, mishakoz, the Scorn devs and all the other past and present sponsors are champs. And obviously nothing can be done if something suddenly comes up for one of them but I figure some of them might not realise they're leaving a slot open that probably won't be filled in time or that their blurb will still be read out for the rest of the month they've paid for.

On a completely different and lighter subject, anyone got a laxative for a Trico? My one appears to be constipated because I've finished TLG at least six times since it came out and he refuses to poop and give me my platinum.

MrMette

I've had to drop down my pledge 20 bucks mid month because of sudden financial changes, am I part of the problem? :(

I am quite sure they are talking about people who do this each month, not people who pledged for months on end and then need to change up their pledge mid month.

I do think it is weird this is possible (to do this each month), as you should be able to pledge for a high tier and then change it to the $1 tier as well probably and get all the benefits of the higher tier (I never tried it and I never will). That said, I don't think the EZA patreon has a lot of problems with this. If you compare it to a lot of other patreons, the EZA one is relatively stable if you compare the beginning and end of the month. I think most of the fluctuations are there because a lot of people seem to have problems on patreon to get their payment method to work without user interference.

I also think if patreon finds a way to prove that people do this consitently, those people should be banned from patreon (if there is a way to do this).
There is nothing wrong with dropping your tier or to stop giving to a patreon altogether, but I do have a problem with people trying to cheat the system. If you don't feel comfortable paying a certain amount on patreon, just pay less. But again, I don't think the EZA patreon has a lot of problems with people doing this.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It wouldn't be an issue if Patreon would charge us immediately for our pledges instead of batch processing everything once a month. They probably have a good reason for this.

Hasney

It wouldn't be an issue if Patreon would charge us immediately for our pledges instead of batch processing everything once a month. They probably have a good reason for this.

Yeah, it'll save cash. Anything above $100 is charged instantly I believe.

There are higher tiers that charge immediately, and there are options to set that up for lower tiers as well if it does appear to be a problem. That said, you can only be charged immediately once. After that, charges are naturally only going to happen once per month.

Mista Koo

Ugh, repeats group stream. No thanks.

Motion to kick MK8 out of the Wii U stream.

Basis: It's getting a Switch port!
Agreed. Although I'd think they will keep MK8D for a battle mode tournament.

I know, at least from my own background, that being unconstrained with character creation in improv is more exciting to me. I mean, I guess we could have gone crazier in the creation phase, but Kylie Jenner (no relation) felt like a fairly straightforward person, and I have more fun playing the crazy folks. I should work on better establishing individual and interesting character traits within existing archetypes for future episodes, I think.
Well the trick of Fiasco is to go wild and stretch the limits of these constraints. I enjoy your characters a lot, but I'm always a bit bummed when the lead characters are the ones I care about the least.
Disclaimer: My only experience with improv are two mediocre games of Fiasco and taking a flyer for an improv club.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Patrons voting for the usual boring choice: Smash Brothers. Yeah I'm sure there's not gonna be any new Smash Brothers game and thus stream any time soon? Rather than let it be a unique send off, just the same endless trash please. Gobble gobble gobble. Polls need to be better at simply not including boring shit and steering people between only choices of interest.

The incredibly pissy email about the Zelda DLC on the podcast last week was a real window into the shitgoblin side of the EZA audience too. They hadn't even been particularly harsh on it, but Defence Force Mode Triggered all the same.

Hasney

Yeah, shit should be taken off the polls, but Smash isn't one of them. Deal with it because I want to see more goddamn Smash.

Mista Koo

Patrons voting for the usual boring choice: Smash Brothers. Yeah I'm sure there's not gonna be any new Smash Brothers game and thus stream any time soon? Rather than let it be a unique send off, just the same endless trash please. Gobble gobble gobble. Polls need to be better at simply not including boring shit and steering people between only choices of interest.
It's not like their choices are much better, it's more of a Bosman stream lineup. He probably just gave up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Axass

Voted Pikmin 3. The bingo battles are endless fun. However, knowing them, they'd play single player adventure mode.

J-Skee

The incredibly pissy email about the Zelda DLC on the podcast last week was a real window into the shitgoblin side of the EZA audience too. They hadn't even been particularly harsh on it, but Defence Force Mode Triggered all the same.

So you have a better choice?

Lol, as soon as I saw Smash in the voting list I was like "cool, I can duck out early from this stream"

Of course people are going to vote for that or Pokken. Is what it is. Honestly I don't necessarily care to see anything in that list (I love Bayonetta 2 but it's not a group stream game)

Mario Kart and Tropical Freeze are the true main events

Hasney

I picked Nintendoland, but Smash would have been an easy second since they can all play at once.

MK8, I just need a Deluxe battle mode stream. So not right now.

Hoping they have enough Switches to do it. 2-4 per console should work? 4 on the TV and a couple more for 2 players.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Mario Kart 8 into Better Mario Kart 8 Version is some dumb shit, same with Splatoon. I find Smash about as interesting to watch as flies buzzing round shit but nostalgia goggles turning them into mascots.

So you have a better choice?

I would have thought a WiiU sendoff stream would have more to do with gems that will most likely live and die on the system, not shit we're going to be seeing more than enough of in just a week or rest of the year.

Titles like Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, just weird shit.

I think it's pretty dumb anyway to pre-empt an All Nintendo Week next week with the Switch release with an All Nintendo Week Send Off this week, but Bosman's inner fanboy gonna fanboy because he probably identifies too much with the WiiU's weird underdog status. Let Sophie piss in it's disc slot and lets all move on.

munchie64

Mario Kart 8 into Better Mario Kart 8 Version is some dumb shit, same with Splatoon. I find Smash about as interesting to watch as flies buzzing round shit but nostalgia goggles turning them into mascots.

I would have thought a WiiU sendoff stream would have more to do with gems that will most likely live and die on the system, not shit we're going to be seeing more than enough of in just a week or rest of the year.

I think it's pretty dumb anyway to pre-empt an All Nintendo Week next week with the Switch release with an All Nintendo Week Send Off this week, but Bosman's inner fanboy gonna fanboy because he probably identifies too much with the WiiU's weird underdog status. Let Sophie piss in it's disc slot and lets all move on.
Pie and Beans

Mista Koo

I picked Nintendoland, but Smash would have been an easy second since they can all play at once.

MK8, I just need a Deluxe battle mode stream. So not right now.

Hoping they have enough Switches to do it. 2-4 per console should work? 4 on the TV and a couple more for 2 players.
I originally voted NSMBU, but switched to Nintendo Land since it had votes at least.

Two Switches are enough, and they should just use the For Honor setup and dock both. Although they probably wouldn't need that much if it's a tournament. Hmm, maybe it shouldn't be a tournament?

Pie and Beans

Pie and Beans

Time has been and always will be a far crueller mistress than fire.

Hasney

Eh, I usuallt dislike single player games on the group streams. Shame they can't do the 2 and 3's streams so much at present, I'd love an #FE stream. Still, glad for them to happen sometimes, such as the Pokemon Snap stream.. But if there's a game they can all play like Smash or something a little weird for 4 players like Nintendoland, I'm much more hyped in advance.

LycanXIII

There are higher tiers that charge immediately, and there are options to set that up for lower tiers as well if it does appear to be a problem. That said, you can only be charged immediately once. After that, charges are naturally only going to happen once per month.
That makes sense. It would suck though to pledge towards the end of a month, then get charged again a week or so later.

That email was just embarrassing.

Pie and Beans

If anything they weren't harsh enough.

I wanted Kyle to walk all the way up to the new camera for an intense close up just on his mouth as he hissed: "Zelda will nevvvvvvvverrrrrrrr look as good as Horizon", spittle flecking into the lens.

I understand the email as it likely came in during last week's drama in this thread. 50+ minute video on Nintendo's hilarity seemed a bit excessive, but whatever. The hate was definitely warranted from Damiani and EZA, but I can understand the email.

Hasney

I understand the email as it likely came in during last week's drama in this thread. 50+ minute video on Nintendo's hilarity seemed a bit excessive, but whatever. The hate was definitely warranted from Damiani and EZA, but I can understand the email.

Well the alternative would have been Damiani sitting at home and just thinking those thoughts and no video would have happened. So we got free content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom