• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

A bit late to the podcast. Enjoyed the game titles game and the Jigglypuff appearance <3
I think Doom's review copies were late due to the multiplayer beta's reception. Seeing how the reception ended up they thought they'd do the same for Dishonored 2.

Now for more controversial views. While that Zelda email wasn't well written at all, I also have some issues with their response to the season pass. Yes the t-shirt is trash and deserves everything they said about that. But vagueness of content? That's the standard for season passes. Not being able to buy it piecemeal? It's $20, the price of an average standalone DLC. You know they would bloat it up to have an expensive season pass if they wanted to sell it piecemeal.

never too late to start
In theory yes, but also I missed too many opportunities that are never coming back. But hey we are only human, we can't always pick the best route.

That was a school club. I've graduated more than a year ago and I'm on a different continent now :p (also I've never seen an anything improv where I live.)
Btw it's not necessarily about improv, I have no idea if it's even my thing. It's just what brought it to mind.

mishakoz

A bit late to the podcast. Enjoyed the game titles game and the Jigglypuff appearance <3
I think Doom's review copies were late due to the multiplayer beta's reception. Seeing how the reception ended up they thought they'd do the same for Dishonored 2.

Now for more controversial views. While that Zelda email wasn't well written at all, I also have some issues with their response to the season pass. Yes the t-shirt is trash and deserves everything they said about that. But vagueness of content? That's the standard for season passes. Not being able to buy it piecemeal? It's $20, the price of an average standalone DLC. You know they would bloat it up to have an expensive season pass if they wanted to sell it piecemeal.

In theory yes, but also I missed too many opportunities that are never coming back. But hey we are only human, we can't always pick the best route.

That was a school club. I've graduated more than a year ago and I'm on a different continent now :p (also I've never seen an anything improv where I live.)
Btw it's not necessarily about improv, I have no idea if it's even my thing. It's just what brought it to mind.

The central issue with the Dlc is that Nintendo wants your money now, upfront. Which is fine if they give out info, but not fine if they are super vague. Yes, more cautious buyers will wait to see what that 3rd dlc is like but we are evaluating the practice as a whole, not just if we will or won't buy it. It's not a good thing that Ninty is putting this out and expecting their apologetic fan base to buy it day one.

Where do you live now? I'd love to find you something! Shit, even ask Amanda, Brandon's wife for a directory of places. She helped my girlfriend out pretty quick on Twitter last year. Her handle is @Amanda_Troop.

farisr

So I have something planned for the anniversary month of Easy Allies (and something that will result in continuous weekly content afterwards that should benefit the community as well), but in order to go through with it, I'd like permission to do it from them (I don't want to get in the way if they had something like it in the works). If I needed a relatively quick response/communication from someone at EZA in regards to this, what would be my best bet?

So I have something planned for the anniversary month of Easy Allies (and something that will result in continuous content that should benefit the community afterwards as well), but in order to go through with it, I'd like permission to do it from them (I don't want to get in the way if they had something like it in the works). If I needed a relatively quick response/communication from someone at EZA in regards to this, what would be my best bet?

Twitter, @trailerjones.

Mista Koo

The central issue with the Dlc is that Nintendo wants your money now, upfront. Which is fine if they give out info, but not fine if they are super vague. Yes, more cautious buyers will wait to see what that 3rd dlc is like but we are evaluating the practice as a whole, not just if we will or won't buy it. It's not a good thing that Ninty is putting this out and expecting their apologetic fan base to buy it day one.
That's the definition of a season pass. Yes they are gross, but that's not news to anyone but Nintendo.

abrack08

That's the definition of a season pass. Yes they are gross, but that's not news to anyone but Nintendo.

I mean, if you're saying Season Passes are gross, and they were discussing a Nintendo season pass... Seems like it got the proper response. Basically "hey, this is kinda gross."

Speaking of that Zelda DLC email, I thought it was pretty funny that the emailer's shining example of a better discussion about the season pass was a discussion with Bill Trinen... A Nintendo employee. Little unreasonable to expect EZA or any other non-Nintendo outlet to discuss it in the same way that Bill Trinen would.

Horizon human combat is feeling like Uncharted 4 combat

While machine combat is feeling more along the lines of Dragon's Dogma and FFXV

Mmm, this game

Really wasn't sure how I was feeling about it in the opening but this game is living up to the hype at this point. Really cool game that I'm pleased to dive into over the 7 other 10/10s from Q1

Hasney

The comparison with MK8 is apt though. We knew going in what was in both those packs and there were extras, so it seemed like they were going to do it right. Now, not so much.

wiibomb

talking about spoilers and I just made myself one with the latest NoClip documentary about the Mystery of Discovery.

that footage of Dark Souls 3 DLC. I'm so mad...

talking about spoilers and I just made myself one with the latest NoClip documentary about the Mystery of Discovery.

Yeah it's a bit silly to show something so recent in something unrelated, I have to imagine he was just playing it anyways so figured may as well use the footage

(loved the doc though, Noclip rules)

Auctopus

Yeah, it was ironic in a documentary about the struggle to keep certain things secret in a modern world, they show location/enemy/boss spoilers for a game that's yet to come out. They could've easily shown some DS1 footage.

Great documentary though, probably my favourite they've done.

Yeah, it was ironic in a documentary about the struggle to keep certain things secret in a modern world, they show location/enemy/boss spoilers for a game that's yet to come out. They could've easily shown some DS1 footage.

On the topic of NoClip, I tweeted Danny that I would be really interested in a NoClip documentary that chronicles the history (and lasting legacy) of The Oregon Trail. I said that he probably doesn't have much knowledge of the game (I don't know how well the game is outside of the US), but despite that, the game would be an interesting topic. It's probably the grandfather of (or at least the best known) "edutainment" game ever in America (it was actually created in a classroom in Minnesota as a way to teach students the history of the Oregon Trail and has also inspired game creators, especially the Organ Trail guys (the Oregon Trail, but with zombies).

mishakoz

1) the difference is the chests. It's a carrot to get people to buy into something that may not be wise.

2) you can buy most other season pass elements in pieces. The season pass then becomes a discounted way to get all the content.

luchadork

On the topic of NoClip, I tweeted Danny that I would be really interested in a NoClip documentary that chronicles the history (and lasting legacy) of The Oregon Trail. I said that he probably doesn't have much knowledge of the game (I don't know how well the game is outside of the US), but despite that, the game would be an interesting topic. It's probably the grandfather of (or at least the best known) "edutainment" game ever in America (it was actually created in a classroom in Minnesota as a way to teach students the history of the Oregon Trail and has also inspired game creators, especially the Organ Trail guys (the Oregon Trail, but with zombies).

we had oregon trail here in australia. was oregon trail, carmen san diego, sim city/ant/earth, mavis beacon, number/word blaster/muncher. basically in every school that was lucky enough to have a computer. oregon trail was objectively the worst/least played game.

Karu

Tropical Freeze just looks like a jolly good time.

The music is great, but all i can think of is Dan Ryckerts infamous plea for including it in Giantbombs Best Music 2014 awards, which went absolutely abysmal, but was super hilarious. Oh well.

Hope it will eventually be ported to Switch, would love to try it out. Any game left behind on the Wii U would be a crime. Just bring it all!

Edit:
"WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE???
GET... OFF!"

Rockk

"She tried to do something evil but she did something so nice."

That's a very apt description of Elyse. Great episode of Don's Design Lab.

Funnily enough I just watched that last night and thought the exact same thing.

They could have easily shown DS3 footage that's early on in the main game. Showing all the cool bits from the, as yet unreleased, DLC? Go bollocks!

abrack08

How far into JoJo's spoilers do they go? I've been watching the dub as it airs on Toonami, most recent episode was 18 or 19 I think, in the middle of Part 2, the one
where Esidisi possesses Suzy Q and they finally kill him for good
. I... imagine I won't be able to watch it for a while, but I can dream.

Auctopus

Pretty nervous about a transatlantic flight I've got to do today but glad to have Tabletop and Fiasco to catch up on to keep my mind off things.

Nice to see the lost Don's Design Lab episode too. Very excited to listen to Jojo chat when I get a chance too.

Mista Koo

I can see Pocket Rumble being a fun group stream (just catching up on the nintendo indies thing from earlier)
They should do flashier fighting games like Guilty Gear first. Maybe when Rev 2 is released.

I mean, if you're saying Season Passes are gross, and they were discussing a Nintendo season pass... Seems like it got the proper response. Basically "hey, this is kinda gross."
Except they didn't really talk about season passes in general

2) you can buy most other season pass elements in pieces. The season pass then becomes a discounted way to get all the content.
Yes, but most season passes are designed to be that way and priced accordingly. This wasn't.

Just want to say I appreciate how well the allies respond to fan feedback.
We wanted more "Just Played" type discussions, we got them.
We wanted an anime podcast, we got one.

It feels like they are always trying to improve and make as many of us happy as possible.

Thank you allies!

Also, Don's design lab is just the best!

munchie64

How far into JoJo's spoilers do they go? I've been watching the dub as it airs on Toonami, most recent episode was 18 or 19 I think, in the middle of Part 2, the one
Yeah, spoilers up to Part 4.

wiibomb

can't believe such negativity towards the Wii U, I mean, it isn't the best console by any means and it has serious flaws, but the thing gave us a lot of excellent games, the allies were so mean...

Yeah it's a bit silly to show something so recent in something unrelated, I have to imagine he was just playing it anyways so figured may as well use the footage

(loved the doc though, Noclip rules)

apparently reading what he said about the footage, it was a mistake, he didn't really know the DLC was unreleased.

Karu

More like wiiubomb amirite!!??
sorry :-(

Nah, I thought what they said seemed fine. When they trashed the console they where specifically talking about the flaws you admitted yourself being there on a manufacturing and OSlevel - having those loadtimes in this day and age where basically everything is about snapiness and convenience is nothing but abysmal.

I've been rewatching Part 2 on Toonami and man, young Joseph Joestar is the best. Only Josuke comes close to being as great a protagonist out of the four parts I've seen.

I'm probably gonna wait until part 2 of this EZAnime comes out and marathon it.

Mista Koo

They mentioned DKCR Wii controls, I had to buy the 3DS version to be able to play the game. I could've gotten used to it but I didn't give it a chance when I kept losing in the first level.

Damiani asks Kyle "Why do you want the Star Fox level and this is Bayonetta?" right after he plays a 3D World level without jumping, you know, the thing that makes Mario games fun.
. . and makes Captain Toad not a platformer :p
Also he later says RIP motion controlling when he's just gotten a Switch!

Axass

That Don's Design Lab episode was amazing. I definitely want more of that.

DON PLEASE!

Even if it's not Mario Maker, just want him to create levels for the Allies to play!

EDIT: anyway, everyone go vote for Hellsing in the EZAnime poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom