• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Patrons voting for the usual boring choice: Smash Brothers. Yeah I'm sure there's not gonna be any new Smash Brothers game and thus stream any time soon? Rather than let it be a unique send off, just the same endless trash please. Gobble gobble gobble. Polls need to be better at simply not including boring shit and steering people between only choices of interest.

The incredibly pissy email about the Zelda DLC on the podcast last week was a real window into the shitgoblin side of the EZA audience too. They hadn't even been particularly harsh on it, but Defence Force Mode Triggered all the same.

...Huh.

Well the alternative would have been Damiani sitting at home and just thinking those thoughts and no video would have happened. So we got free content.

A video should've been done, but a lot of people in this thread were livid it was 50 minutes, so I think that's why that email was written.

Hasney

A video should've been done, but a lot of people in this thread were livid it was 50 minutes, so I think that's why that email was written.

It was two people talking and that was just how long it went. I don't know why they're wasting their clearly valuable time on a message board or emailing if that's a concern.

Anticol

Banned
That email was just embarrassing.

Zelda fans are so annoying, you can not say anything slightly bad about Zelda cause they get full defense mode, and start attacking you. They can't even get over Jeff's 8.8 or Damiani's 7.8, but later down the line, 5 or so years later they admit those games were not that great.

Ray Down

Banned
What you guys don't know is 7.8 is consider such a bad score that all involved with the development of the game must write an apologize letter to the reviewer.

Michael just cruel.

Juicy Bob

I hate to admit, but I'm kind of looking forward to when the Switch is finally released so that general gaming discourse can go back to being less Nintendo-dominated.

I'm glad people are excited and I hope it's good. I just have no interest in the thing myself so all the talk about it just goes right over my head.

I hate to admit, but I'm kind of looking forward to when the Switch is finally released so that general gaming discourse can go back to being less Nintendo-dominated.

I'm glad people are excited and I hope it's good. I just have no interest in the thing myself so all the talk about it just goes right over my head.

You know it will just turn into Nintendo fans or Sony fans passing on endless salt and hyperbole after it launches depending on how successful it is.

Hasney

Yeah, there's another month left in this. Let alone the chart threads where people will be comparing Horizon and Zelda.

Massa

i think what you mean is

♫ Oh I just can't wait for the Switch ♫

Horizon looks amazing on base PS4... Still in the opening but wow

Like Uncharted 4 tier visuals, no hyperbole. Dialogue seems pretty mediocre but whatever

cm osi

as a person not interested in the switch (not now at least) i hope the waters get calm pretty quickly after the release...

Auctopus

C5thwg4VMAAMziE.jpg

Sounds pretty good to me. I'm gonna be away from the UK in Vancouver so I'm not going to be able to watch as much as I like (I'm ducking out for Spectre of Torment either way as I don't want spoilers) . Hope it all goes to plan though!

Karu

C5thwg4VMAAMziE.jpg

Sounds pretty good to me. I'm gonna be away from the UK in Vancouver so I'm not going to be able to watch as much as I like (I'm ducking out for Spectre of Torment either way as I don't want spoilers) . Hope it all goes to plan though!
Pretty good for my timezone also, thats cool.

Visceir

I understand the email as it likely came in during last week's drama in this thread. 50+ minute video on Nintendo's hilarity seemed a bit excessive, but whatever. The hate was definitely warranted from Damiani and EZA, but I can understand the email.

To me the core of the e-mail criticism seemed to be more about the quality of the discussion being had rather than their opinions on it -- going by the e-mail he was hoping for more interesting and thoughtful insight on the topic from the EZA panel.

Not saying I agree or disagree with this as I haven't even watched the 50 min Damiani video, but the e-mail clearly wasn't about "stop being mean to my zelda!!"

How about that Uncharted 4 tier voice acting
You play a cool character surrounded by a bunch of dumb dumbs

Like I just passed the opening and it's like man I hate you guys

I don't think it's even the voice acting as much as "I am here for the tutorial. Also I am stupid. My reasoning is very clearly flawed. OUTCAST!"

When a character straight up says "crouch walking is quieter than upright" I burst out laughing. You couldn't even say "stay low if you want to keep quiet"?

Cool. Will watch.

I'll probably just skip through the group stream though. Part of that is, a Wii U send off? In 2017? Even Nintendo's like "Huh? Oh yeah, that was a thing."

And then once you get over that, you look at the games and meh. Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros? A game that has a Switch port coming in two months and another game that will definitely get a Switch version next year at the latest. Yawn.

Should've streamed some captain toad and tropical freeze instead.
They're doing that on Tuesday!

Allies, I'm not going to ask you to go off script and sneak in the Wonderful 101 disc at some point when no one is looking.

But I'm going to say that if something like that was to happen, no jury would convict you

They're doing that on Tuesday!

Allies, I'm not going to ask you to go off script and sneak in the Wonderful 101 disc at some point when no one is looking.

But I'm going to say that if something like that was to happen, no jury would convict you
The jury of EZA knows no honor

I wouldn't put it past them

El-Suave

Personally I think Nintendoland would be a nice send off game for the Wii U. It's a fun multiplayer game and it would end the Wii U like it began for a lot of people.

Karu

Personally I think Nintendoland would be a nice send off game for the Wii U. It's a fun multiplayer game and it would end the Wii U like it began for a lot of people.
All Allies waving towards the camera: "Byeeeeeee everyone! See you guys on Friday!"

Kyle jumps in front of the camera, wiggles his finger: "Ah ah ah! One more thing!"

Chat explodes. Incredible. A surprise announcement! Switches for everyone! A studio announcement! Patreon broke 200k!

Kyle smirks, raises his hands in the air, while the stream slowly fades into...

Nintendoland Fireworks!

The Wii U dies as it was born. With merely a whimper...

Mista Koo

I'll be too busy playing Switch to watch their stream, but I'll definitely check it out on YouTube later! Hyped for the Allies to have a relevant Nintendo console in the mix. Should add a little jolly flavor to streams, podcasts and other content

I'll be too busy playing Switch to watch their stream, but I'll definitely check it out on YouTube later! Hyped for the Allies to have a relevant Nintendo console in the mix. Should add a little jolly flavor to streams, podcasts and other content
Just play in handheld mode and watch them at the same time! :D

Karu

I've spoiled myself on Horizon by accident. Feels bad man.

In the YT comments of a video positively discussing female character in videogames.

I deserves this, don't I? :-( :D

Karu

Well, there's your problem. Although I'm curious as to how much can be spoiled in a single YT comment?
A troll with a mission I suppose, heh.

Oh well, get to use this as another test case for "do spoilers hurt"? #silverlining #whoamikidding

Budi

In the YT comments of a video positively discussing female character in videogames.

UoVyTp8.gif

Not the same context, but nothing good will ever come from it either way.

It's okay, I had The Force Awakens spoiled for me on FB like a day before I saw it. It was a troll comment somewhere that just plainly stated the big thing that happens near the end.

Felt real bad.

wiibomb

It's okay, I had The Force Awakens spoiled for me on FB like a day before I saw it. It was a troll comment somewhere that just plainly stated the big thing that happens near the end.

Felt real bad.

same thing happened to me, 1 hour before the midnight of the opening day of the movie.

I was kind of devastating, now I just like to browse gaf because here I'm safer. no YT comments at all

I had a ticket to see Force Awakens at like 10pm thursday night of release and people started posting spoilers at like 2pm that day on Facebook

Thankfully they ended up being that big of a deal but I was robbed of any surprise at the end....watching I was like "oh I would've seen that coming" but like who knows

The Youtube stuff is the worst. Once a game leaks I basically need to start saying "not interested in this" for every video about a game in the hopes that Youtube doesn't say
"oh dude I figured you'd like this vid of the last boss check it out there's a thumbnail and everything bro cheers"

Wiggy

Sponsor slots filled again. Might be time to expand the limit again or even handle sponsorship outside of Patreon, probably leaving a lot of dough on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom