• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely sure this can be fixed in a patch by Nintendo with some optimizations, this game is using the very basics of the Switch hardware, they can fix that.

However, we are talking about Nintendo here.

he totally corrected that later, he meant Gamestop

Yea, it was just hilarious to watch the conversation unfold.

The Master Sword cannot break but it has inherit durability in order to prevent a situation where you come to rely just on it over all the other weapons.

When its durability is worn out, it'll enter a cooldown phase which refreshes over a relatively short time beginning the process all over again.

Thanks.
That was kind of what I was thinking when I saw the text in game, but I hadn't read anything so I wasn't sure.

farisr

I think I've figured out a compromise for my videos that makes things easier and provides more content. To have a more balanced/snappy (close to) 10 minute video, I will make some cuts for sure. But I'll also be releasing a companion "week x cuts" (title pending) video that comes out 3-4 days after the main video. It'll be rougher/less edited, but include moments that could not quite make it into the best of video for whatever reason (maybe because one video was being too bosman heavy, or maybe it requires some knowledge of EZA "lore", maybe it was just interrupting the flow or too long to include etc), but I feel still deserved to be seen.

That's my idea anyways. The fact of the matter is the vast majority of the work is done already by the time I get to the point where I'm deciding what gets cut and what makes it into the main video, with another part being figuring out how to make the whole thing into a decently edited/consumable video. Making a video out of these cut segments (that does not need to be heavily edited like the main one) should not be that much extra work (hopefully).

farisr

Wow farisr, you're putting so much work into it!
Although that's expected from a Harima fan lol
L&R!
hahaha

Would you believe that
I actually found myself in a position once where I knew two girls, who turned out to be sisters, and ended up liking the older one (who people generally guess is the younger one) who wanted us to be just friends, and being friends with the younger one (who was more responsible and hard-working) who actually wanted to be something more.

Hasney

Gonna put the Switch stream on while playing Switch most of tomorrow. Watching Giant Bombs for now as they're saying goodbye to a staff member.

wiibomb

Gonna put the Switch stream on while playing Switch most of tomorrow. Watching Giant Bombs for now as they're saying goodbye to a staff member.

I'm just playing the stream on background while doing some work.. I simply refuse to watch zelda without playing it first

Dammit. It seems my Amazon shipped Wii U copy of Zelda was stolen or lost. Status shows delivered and it wasn't at my door.

Buying digital now while I get this sorted out. *Grumble*

Edit: had to get a refund from Amazon

Auctopus

Was Michael Kozachenko a friend of the Allies before becoming a patron? 'Cause right now it sorta feels like a fan just sitting in with them doing their best EZA meme impression every now and then. He seems like a nice guy but he doesn't gel with them too well, especially in a live stream environment.

EdiT: sorry, I worded that really meanly and I didn't mean to be.

Ultimadrago

Damiani's portion on the Twitch Revenue topic on the podcast was great. Pulled back the curtain and pulled no punches. *clap clap*

Budi

Was Michael Kozachenko a friend of the Allies before becoming a patron? 'Cause right now it sorta feels like a fan just sitting in with them doing their best EZA meme impression every now and then. He seems like a nice guy but he doesn't gel with them too well, especially in a live stream environment.

Ooooh now I got it, just tuned in and wondered who this dude is. Is he the celebrity.

I hear there is a celebrity guest on tomorrow's stream...

Seems like he's a Gaffer.

Edit: I was waiting to see Luke Arnold again :/

I'm really not seeing where you're getting this "EZA meme impression" thing from but don't be a jerk. He's been fine. Stumbled a bit with Zelda's controls but who cares?

Budi

Yea he's eased in, doesn't dominate any conversation. An ideal guest.

Oh and Nintendo online....still crap

He does seem really comfortable among the crew and in front of such "big" audience. I'd be nervous as hell and couldn't speak probably, no way I'd be on camera even.

mishakoz

I'm heavily introverted and a behind the scenes guy. Not used to this environment at all.

Karu

If anything the Allies do knock-off impressions of themselves all the time... :D But that's what you get with ans long time running Sitcom, they even have the talking dog, already.

Budi

Yeah this seems fun and took me right back to Super Bomberman, last time I played any Bomberman game. But it was a blast!

-Horizon-

I know, right? At least if you specifically refering to Bombermam. I remember playing ,64 with friends all the time and it was a blast. Dont See how this game's different. Looks super enjoyable.
Yep. This game seems to really shine when you play with your buddies and talk smack haha.

Bomberman has no ice levels, are you fucking serious

What a hideous game

In a world without Bomberman it's obviously the only option and looks serviceable but man......I do not understand how they thought this was a good aesthetic to go for. That bushes/pillars level was disgusting

Budi

Yep. This game seems to really shine when you play with your buddies and talk smack haha.

Was just talking to my friend about this who is also watching, that this reminds me of our LAN party where we played Speedrunners. It was chaotic and hilarious. This would be an excellent game to have next time. If one of our group only had Switch.

Bomberman has no ice levels, are you fucking serious

What a hideous game

In a world without Bomberman it's obviously the only option and looks serviceable but man......I do not understand how they thought this was a good aesthetic to go for. That bushes/pillars level was disgusting
I'll stick with the XBLA 360 Bomberman game

jett

D-Member
FOR CO-OP SHOVELRY

Shovel Knight looks so good right now. Yacht Club Games is too good.

Edit: wasn't trying to be rude, just thought the interactions were kinda weird.

He's fine, I had no idea he was THE Micahel KOZACHENKO. I thought he was a friend of them, or some ex-GT guy

Auctopus

I'm heavily introverted and a behind the scenes guy. Not used to this environment at all.

Sorry, man. I didn't mean to be so antagonistic with my comment, I was mainly interested with whether you had a prior relationship to the guys (e.g. GT) . Sorry if I insulted you, L&R.

mishakoz

Sorry, man. I didn't mean to be so antagonistic with my comment, I was mainly interested with whether you had a prior relationship to the guys (e.g. GT) . Sorry if I insulted you, L&R.

Not insulted, and I used to work for GT years ago so I've known some of them for awhile.

Karu

Great stream, my fav marathon stream they did by far - not that there were that many, but still!

And as planned, bought and started FE: Awakening which is pretty fun. Story is a big blabla, but it certainly deserves more attention than Heroes, which i didn't even hate, but won't touch again. Overall seems a bit bare-bones after chapter 7 or 8 - thought there would be more customization and sim-like options. Quality of Life in regards to equipment is pretty abysmal, also.

Well, that was fun.

I really just don't correct people anymore on my name, you get used to it growing up with a complicated last name. I also hate being called "Mike" but correcting people ain't worth it.
I sympathize. My last name is actually just Koz (pronounced the same way)

Growing up I never understood why people read it as "kozz" but eventually it clicked that there's really no reason for anyone to assume otherwise. Lol

Mista Koo

zaUXcD0l.jpg

Watching the stream, this encouraged me to actually do the Osomatsu-san EZA mashup fan art I thought of a while back. Kyle and Huber confirmed their characters in this shot. Brad is the most obvious followed by Ian.

Yet they still got your name wrong for months. For shame.
Brandon mispronounced Nguyen despite having a coworker previously with that name.

Speaking of mispronounced names, my name starts with a letter that isn't in non-Semitic alphabets. So it's extra special when I don't pronounce that letter and they still get my name wrong :p
(Although in my case there isn't a fail proof Latin spelling of my name.)

My last name has two Semitic letters in the middle so I just don't bother lol.

El-Suave

What I caught from the stream was super fun - for that big a group 1,2 Switch is actually a lot of fun also showcasing the EZA chemistry. Not neccessarily a great game objectively but still fun in some situations.

Are we getting a GDC summary/impressions video from those who were there? That would really be appreciated and probably better than to "hide" it in a podcast.

Ahh Koz, or some say Kozz...
Relevant story about that:

At PSX I ran into a few of the Allies. Ian randomly asks "do people just walk up and say Micolash quotes to you all the time?" I was confused and had no idea why he'd ask, maybe my shirt design or something. "Cuz in Bloodborne Micolash says 'Kos. Some say Kosm'..." he says. And then I realized the PSX badges had my name printed on it. Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom