• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment in the podcast where Bloodworth reminds Huber and Kyle of Persona 5...

Amazing.

Edit: Nvm. Found it.

Also, this gets to what I mentioned in a P5 thread where it feels like some people are sleeping on P5 because its zeitgeist of attention in the media seems to have come and gone. But, then again, we do have a bunch of previews from the lucky bastards who got review codes in early February (#ForeverSalty) just this past week. So, this could be the beginning of revival of attention from the mainstream gaming media. But man, there's all these high profile games releasing before it...

Ugh, it really should have released last year in all territories. Atlus fumbled this game's release outside of Japan.

Edit: Nvm. Found it.

Also, this gets to what I mentioned in a P5 thread where it feels like some people are sleeping on P5 because its zeitgeist of attention in the media seems to have come and gone. But, then again, we do have a bunch of previews from the lucky bastards who got review codes in early February (#ForeverSalty) just this past week. So, maybe it'll have a revival of attention from the mainstream gaming media. But man, there's all these high profile games releasing before it...

Ugh, it really should have released last year in all territories. Atlus fumbled this game's release outside of Japan.

I think Atlus made it really clear how little they care about non-Japan.

Oh well, I imported it and had a blast :p It'll still be worth the wait.

It's not even that, but just launch relative more to it's launch like in December of January.

Yeah, realistically, I never expected a simultaneous release like some people did. Atlus just isn't that type of company. I was hoping we'd maybe possibly get it by December, but when that September 15, 2016 release date was revealed, I knew even that was probably asking for too much, but it could have been possible if they had started localisation early in conjunction with the dev team. Clearly that wasn't the case. However, I certainly didn't expect a seven month delay between its original release in Japan and NA/EU.

wiibomb

Regarding the last TTE:

tmS9oyK.jpg

Thanks to Steven Purifoy over FB

WarRock

What's wrong with it?
Again, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Bought it at launch, no questions asked and devoured it as soon as I could, loved it, convinced a couple of other people to buy it too. TSC is just one of those movies/books/games that is too concerned in doing its own thing to care about most people, and as result very few people like the movie/book/game in question.

A week or two after its release the Steam message board was full of threads like "the writing sucks, I'll get a refund", "the controls are too clunky, why can't I move with WASD", etc.

The warning that comes from the game's booklet is pretty apt, actually.

The "zeitgeist" of Persona 5 will comfortably rise exponentially higher when reviews hit and reaffirms what many of us already know and suspect.

P5 will easily be one of the top 3 games this year that's in the closest spitting distance to Zelda in terms of critical acclaim, with the other being Red Dead Redemption 2, and the other one being... well, there's always another of those.

Karu

Having played Discjammers for a bit, it would certainly be a great tournament game for the future. Needs a proper explanation of controls though.

Lexad

IMO the group streams are pretty fucking shit now.

not even touching the shitty games they list to stream. my biggest gripe is the present opening. you guys have an issue with EZA recognising people supporting them financially on twitch but not with them opening up presents? presents are a complete waste of money that could be better used to support EZA. what has more utility to an ally trying to pay their bills: a batman poster or a $50 donation? for some reason the EZA community is against donations or more over, acknowledging donations. but its perfectly fine for some random cunt to keep buying pointless shit just so he can get his sycophantic message read on air. for me its no different. its just people spending money on unnecessary gifts so they can get some sort of acknowledgment on stream.

seriously, i watched a stream the other week and there was present opening that went over an hour. it was fucking gross. a bunch of useless shit for the guys. the sentiment is nice but shit, at a certain point its way over the top. why cant they just read letters? why does there need to be a 'gift' attached to it? how many obscure posters and books do they need? at the least, donate the money you wouldve spent so they can actually use it as opposed to worthless consumerism shit.

am i alone in this?

Fuuuuuuuck. I was also under the impression that things were calming down in April after Persona... Personally those lists don't quite stack up to January-March (aside from Persona), but that's still an insane number of interesting games. This year really is crazy.

That is a quiet month compared to what we have in Jan-March

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I hope Kyle's next Friday stream will allow him to do his bits. They are the best part of BvW.

Lapelle mics would be great. On the podcasts especially, they tend to move away — especially Damiani/Huber — from the mics and that maybe because of the awkward seating arrangement they have.

cm osi

Still anxiously waiting for that NieR review...

i say 4.5
4 if ben go hard on the technical stuff. playing on pro and there are some problems here and there

but i still think 4.5
(to be clear i'm not waiting the review for the score, but ben's opinion)

Philippo

i say 4.5
4 if ben go hard on the technical stuff. playing on pro and there are some problems here and there

but i still think 4.5
(to be clear i'm not waiting the review for the score, but ben's opinion)

Idk he said its going to be his higher rated game, which means its at least a 4.5.

(Of course i want Ben's opinion the most, the vote its obly for the MC shenanigans)

jett

D-Member
Seems Bosman is getting fed up of not seeing much improvement. He's putting a moratorium on Tetris on week 52.

Visceir

Stumbled on Huber's old We Try to Explain Metal Gear in 12 Minutes video. It's fun and entertaining, surprised to see it having so many views.

Wish he would have turned this into a show, he is a great storyteller. Convoluted and long running games like Nier or explaining the story of Yakuza would lend itself well to doing this kind of videos. Could have maybe had other allies like Ben, Blood, Damiani and Brad help with the script and then put his own Huber-storytelling spin on it.

Yeah, realistically, I never expected a simultaneous release like some people did. Atlus just isn't that type of company. I was hoping we'd maybe possibly get it by December, but when that September 15, 2016 release date was revealed, I knew even that was probably asking for too much, but it could have been possible if they had started localisation early in conjunction with the dev team. Clearly that wasn't the case. However, I certainly didn't expect a seven month delay between its original release in Japan and NA/EU.
The voice actors guild issues forced a lot of issues. Atlus gets a lot of flack but the localization was as quick as it could be and they chose to push it from Valentine's because well, we saw the deluge of stuff that launched that two week period. April was the only place left for it.

I still think it has a good launch. Not great, but I think it will get to over a million units LTD within 3 months.

farisr

Which Talking Syndrome episode is it where Huber talks about street racing?

Someone in the YT comments mentioned that I should put that in when I get to it, I want to check it out.

Most weeks I would watch Talking Syndrome, but if it's part of one of these first 9 weeks of 2017, I might have (or may) miss it as Talking Syndrome is one of those videos that I've decided to skim through to keep up with my announced launch schedule. If it's one of the older talking syndromes I might not have been paying attention, want to make note of it if I ever get around to doing a best of video for that week.

Edit: First time I ever decided to do a repost for the top of page, and it wasn't needed, LOL, thanks guys

WarRock

Which talking syndrome episode is it where Huber talks about street racing?

Someone in the YT comments mentioned that I should put that in when get to it, I want to check it out. Most weeks I would watch Talking Syndrome, but if it's part of one of these first 9 weeks of 2017, I might miss it as Talking Syndrome is one of those videos that I've decided to skim through to keep up with my announced launch schedule. If it's one of the older talking syndromes I might not have been paying attention, want to make note of it if I ever get around to doing a best of video for that week.
It's in the Yakuza films one, some point after the 25min mark, he starts talking about it after someone mentions Tokyo Drift.

So these guys are talking about all these great games and one of the biggest franchises of the season drops this month and they didn't even mention it.

The Mass Effect Andromeda DISRESPECT knows no bounds. They barely talk about it on any of the pods despite a ton of news about the game in the last two weeks =/

fastmower

So these guys are talking about all these great games and one of the biggest franchises of the season drops this month and they didn't even mention it.

The Mass Effect Andromeda DISRESPECT knows no bounds. They barely talk about it on any of the pods despite a ton of news about the game in the last two weeks =/
A lot of people aren't feeling the hype. I blame the marketing for this game.

Hasney

Eh, it keeps looking bad, no-one liked DA:I and Mass Effect 3 was disappointing. I can't blame anyone for forgetting about it.

I still have Origin Access and forgot about it, so I'll give it a fair shot if I get the time, but if I didn't, it'd be bargain bin for sure.

jett

D-Member

It's on Bioware to make that game look good. And they haven't.

Eh I'm with EZA on this one. Every time I put in the effort to see what ME had I left lukewarm. And Ian's take of the family stuff and all the humans kind of echoed some of my disappointment when I saw it too. Im at the point where I haven't bothered looking at the latest footage. And with Zelda, Horizon, Persona 5 and Yakuza on my plate I'm skipping it on release.

But just because they're lukewarm on it now doesn't mean they will be when it comes out. See Horizon and Dishonored 2

We've talked about it in here before

As someone who has never played Mass Effect they have shown nothing in marketing to make the game look interesting. From day one the marketing/hype has been "we're making another one. you are going to buy it because it's another one"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom